Barstow - Another Road Trip! Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We won't."

=====

Steve almost had to use a plumber's plunger to get the SUV out of its spot under the hotel. But after a whole bunch of jockeying around he managed, and they are loaded up and on their way down US1 to Key West.

"Gawd, Steven. You captured another one."

"We did, Cy! She sure fell for Em, too."

Jackson is puzzled. "I'm having a really hard time understanding how this was even possible. Penny has to be seriously jaded about sex and relationships considering the line of work she is in. It can't help but happen."

"Dunno, guys," Em responds. "To me, it seemed like she was longing for genuine affection, in both directions. Steve, your wacky, self-effacing humor and loving sexiness seemed to break through her shields."

Cyan chuckles, "Let's not forget the orgasm you gave her yesterday. And last night. And... gawd... last night again. Wanna bet you're one of the rare guys that don't treat her as a collection of warm holes?"

"I guess. (...Sigh...) Em, I never answered your question about taking the train for a next visit."

"You find something?"

"Ohgawd, yeah. Checked it out this morning. Over ten thousand dollars for the four of us for the round trip."

"Yikes!"

"'Yikes!' is right! Three different trains is the problem, especially getting all four of us bedroom accommodations. Cy and I took a few train trips right after we retired and learned the only way to travel that way is in a full bedroom. Everything else is absolutely insufferable for a long ride. I'm going to look into something creative, like driving for a day to where we can pickup the Miami leg."

"Otherwise we'll have to fly, I guess."

"Yep. Chicago to Miami fares shouldn't kill us, and nonstops are plentiful. We can take the express train from Springfield to Chicago, although the El connection to the airport from Union Station is a pain with luggage. But you know I absolutely detest the commercial flying experience."

She sighs, "Yeah, I do."

"Not to put too fine a point on it, there's apparently no basement to how poor their customer service can get before people stop flying."

"You've said that. But you know what?"

"What's that?"

"If our destination is Rooftop, we only need travel clothes. One or two carry-ons will work great. No checked luggage to lose!"

Steve laughs, "Good point! But what about toys? Security will have a field day scanning those in our bags!"

Emily chuckles her evil chuckle, "...Yeah..."

Jackson is antsy to change the subject. "Steve, is there a lunch stop? This is a really long drive."

"Not that bad, Jax. About four hours to Key West. If we decide we can't wait, there should be plenty of choices in Marathon and Big Pine."

"Well, breakfast was a little light, so let's keep it in mind."

"Okay."

"What are we to expect in Key West?" Cyan asks.

"Nothing like Rooftop, if that's what you're asking."

"But I've heard it can be some sort of an adult playground."

"That's during 'Fantasy Fest', dear. That's a month from now."

"Too bad."

"I dunno. It's grown to be too popular. You know how that goes with us. It started out as a really good time, but as it grew, so did the problems and the crowds. It got raunchy rather than playful, and now draws a rather overbearing law enforcement presence."

"Oh. Nude beach, then?"

"Uh. Not really. All the info I could find was vague and noncommittal."

"Then why are we wasting two days going down to the middle of the ocean? You hate islands!"

"Garden of Eden."

"Huh?"

"Clothing-optional rooftop bar in the entertainment district."

"Anything like Rooftop?"

"Not really. Pretty small. A sunning deck with a bar, basically. No hanky-panky."

"Like I said."

"Steve?" Em breaks in. "She's right. Seems like a lot of effort for not much in return."

Jax suggests, "We're not on the causeway yet, so you want to stop somewhere while we talk about this and it's still easy to turn around?"

"Good idea."

Steve pulls into a strip center parking lot somewhere in the bowels of Homestead while they mull things over.

Discussion done, Steve confirms, "Alright. Vote is three to one. I have until 3:00 to cancel the reservations in Key West, so I'll call Pen first, okay?"

"That works, Steve," Jax confirms.

Steve presses the speakerphone button on the steering wheel and brings up the "recents" menu on the nav. Phone ringing on the other end.

Penny's voice, "Rooftop Resort. How may I help you play?"

"Hi."

"Oh, Steven! What's up? You guys okay?"

"We are. You still have something for us for tonight?"

"Ohmygosh, yes! What happened to the Keys?"

"Figured out there wasn't much there for our style of play."

"Yeah. I was afraid of that, but didn't think it was my place to wave you off. I guess you discovered Garden of Eden didn't amount to much. Where are you now?"

"Homestead."

"Housekeeping hasn't done your room yet, so you still can have your home-away-from-home, if that's okay. And I have a suggestion."

"Perfect! Whatcha got?"

"Do Haulover on your way back. Jax was wanting to see wild pussy in its native habitat." Everybody laughs. "Do you want me to line-up somebody for tonight?"

"Guys?"

Em replies, "Last night was really fun, Penny. I'd sort of like to leave our impression with that. So... would it be too much to ask if you and Lyss could join us for a repeat?"

"Lyss would be ecstatic. She really likes you guys. Me? Uh... Cyan? Jackson? Would you mind too much if I had Steve and Emily to myself for the overnight?"

"OOOOOOOOOooooooooo..." is the chorus in the car. And giggles and chuckles.

"Pen? Gosh. I'm flattered. You have so much more to choose from."

"He's turning red, Pen!" Emily laughs.

Penny responds to the teasing, "I know, guys, I know. Let's just say Steve and Em know which buttons to push. That's hard to come by when you're surrounded by so much of it. And you know my rule about playing with locals. Not going to pass up this opportunity."

"Okay, y'all," Steve chuckles. "Let's save the getting deep for later. Pen? You think you might be able to break away for dinner with us? Go visit Alyssa at work?"

"I think I could get Sheila to come in early, so sure. Nick's again? Lyss would appreciate that, I think. I'll mention that idea when I drop the news about you guys here for another night."

"Good deal. I figure we'll be there... oh... around four or so. Sound good?"

"It does! See you then!"

Everybody signs off, "Bye, Pen", "Bye!", "See you!", and "Looking forward to it, sweetie. Bye!"

The sense of relief in the car is palpable. Steve was the only one who thought Key West was a good idea for a different adventure. Everyone else wasn't all that excited especially after Em and Jax starting checking websites on their phones, coming to the conclusion that the tourist-trap vibe was overwhelming.

Nonetheless, Steve was sulking about being shut down.

"Steve," Em tries to comfort him. "Think about it, lover. 'Popular' and attractive to tourists with the idea they're going down there to be naughty means one thing."

"What's that?"

"The crowd would be normal, non-lifestyle people thinking they wanted a taste. We'd spend nearly all our time dealing with 'Well, I dunno,' and 'Lemme think about it.' Stuff like that. By the end of the evening we would have had too much to drink just trying to be sociable, with nothing to show for it. And if we did find some play friends, would they or even we be sober enough to screw?"

"You know, you're right. I was having a helluva time finding clothing-optional hotels, too. There was inference they were all over the place, but nailing one down was... gawd... I didn't even get hard confirmation that the place I booked was nudist much less lifestyle."

"Don't forget to call 'em, dear," Cyan reminds Steve.

"Okay. Em? Look in my stack of printouts for the confirmation. 'End of the Earth Inn', I think. Probably from a booking website."

Emily riffles through the sheaf of web page printouts on a clipboard. Steve gave up long ago trying to keep this info on his phone since Cyan has so much difficulty with technology and couldn't help in situations like this. Having hard copy for her seemed to work. It works for him, too, when they have been out of phone network coverage areas. That happened a lot on their Western trips.

"Okay. Found their direct number. Want me to dial it?"

"Yep!" and she punches it into the nav.

A couple of rings, and somebody picks up.

"End of the Earth. How may I help you?"

"Good morning. This is Steve Albertson. I believe we have a reservation for four this evening."

"Oh. Okay. Let me check. Did you call us directly, or was it through a booking service?"

"Booking site. 'key-west-hotels.com'. That right, Em?"

"Looking... yes."

There are sounds of a hand covering the phone, but they can still hear the person who answered call to somebody on her end.

"Darrell? Do you have this morning's reports from the booking sites?"

In the background, "They should be there on your desk! I left them under your stapler."

"Oh. Here they are. Albertson, right? And 'key-west-hotels'?

"Yes, ma'am."

"Huh. Finding nothing. Let me look again on our system. Nope. When did you make them?"

"A week ago. I realize it could have been not enough notice."

"Just checking past reports. Ah! Found it! It appears your reservation is for Thursday night next week."

"Em? Check the date on our printout for us, please."

"It's today's date, Steven."

"You hear that?"

"Yes," the hotel person sighs. "Not the first time. We're booked-up for tonight, so we can't help you, but I can call around to find something comparable."

"Oh, don't worry about it! We were calling to cancel! We both lucked out, I guess."

"I suppose so. Anything else I can help you with?"

"You can answer a question for us, if you don't mind."

"Go ahead."

"We were referred to your hotel by a site suggesting clothing-optional accommodations in Key West. Is that the case?"

"No, it's not. We've run into this before. That site hasn't been updated in like ten years. Previous owners ran it that way, but that was then."

There are groans from the others in the car. Steve responds to his troops, "I told you guys the info I was finding seemed sketchy."

Steve replies to the hotel person, "Thank you. We appreciate your attention. You have a good day."

"You, too, Mr. Albertson." [click]

"Wow!" Jax exclaims. "Did we dodge a bullet?"

"Maybe. I do wonder if the 3 p.m. cancellation policy on the confirmation was any good. Coulda been on the hook for a night's stay for four."

Cyan ponders, "You know, Steven, I think you need to sit down with Penny about our plans for the rest of the trip. If anybody has their finger on the pulse of swinger opportunities in the region, it's got to be her."

"Great idea. She and I'll have a private meeting in her office."

"Steven!" laughs the other three, Em and Cy slapping at him.

"Tryin' to drive here," he grins.

More slapping.

=====

Steve has dutifully followed the navigation display's advice, having requested Emily to program the nav to route via "No fucking turnpike!" From his last job he knows their tolling system is a nightmare for out-of-towners there for a single visit in a personal vehicle, and has no interest in participating in their nonsense.

They've just made the turn off of A1A into the big parking lot across the highway from the nude beach access.

"Wow! Huge!" is Jax's reaction to the parking area.

"Not all that crowded," Cyan notes as Steve quickly finds a spot somewhat close to the paved trail access to the beach.

Steve conjectures, "I'll bet it's overflowing on a weekend, guys. Oh, Em?"

"Uh... yeah?"

"Don't even think about it!"

"Damn!" she laughs.

Cy and Jax chuckle at Steve's cutting her off at the pass about getting out of the car naked.

"Yep. Fully covered until we're actually on the beach. Shorts and shirt. No string bottoms, either!"

"Shit, Steven. You going to be a stick-in-the-mud all day?"

He sighs, "No. But we've had the discussion dozens of times about places that sell sexy to everyday folk. Key West was one, this is another."

"I guess. The prudes are in charge."

"Yep. And they're looking for it. We don't need the trouble. The little thing with the ranger on Tuesday was nuthin'."

Emily smirks with a huff as she opens her door. The others follow, gathering around the open hatch on the SUV to retrieve towels and a cooler that Steve and Jax prepared after their lunch stop.

"Good thing this has wheels!" Jackson has grabbed the cooler handle as Steve closes the hatch.

"Just wait 'til we get to the sand. It'll take both of us."

They approach the pedestrian subway under the road.

Em muses, "Oh, this tunnel is interesting! I wonder..."

"No!" Steve glares at her. "Look!" as he points to the security camera aimed into the portal.

"(Fucking prudes,)" she mumbles. "(Nobody's any fun today. Gawd.)"

Steve steps ahead to catch up to Em, and puts his arm around her as they walk through the underpass.

"Sweetie? I'm with you. If I had my way, I'd push you against the wall right now, strip you naked, and fuck you until kingdom cum. You think I'm not horny for you?"

"No, Stevie. I know you love me."

"I just want to be sure we're free to love later on. There's no such thing as a co-ed jail."

She lowers her brow, smiles, and chuckles, "You do have your way of putting things in perspective."

"Remember our objective here is for you and Cy to show-off your tans. You've worked hard, and this is probably the best opportunity for the world to see you guys at peak golden."

Jackson smirks, "Uh... don't forget I'm here to ogle naked chicks, too, Steve."

"Ogling is against the rules, Jax!" Steve laughs.

"Really?"

"Really! 'No leering' is in the official beach guidelines!"

"You're kidding."

"I'm not!"

Jax rolls his eyes, "Oy vey!"

"Right neighborhood!" Cyan laughs.

Steve nods at the entrance to the beach area as they approach, "There's the warning sign."

"Huh? 'Warning'?" Jackson questions. "Oh. I see it now. 'Attention. Beyond this point you may encounter nude bathers.' Well, after coming all this way I surely hope so!"

The others shake their heads and chuckle at Jax's silliness.

Steve gets semi-serious, "I do need to warn everybody about something important, however. These are mostly going to be real people out here. It's not going to be a glamour pageant, or folks who keep up with their bodies like we and our friends do. Keep your comments to yourself while we're here, please. Cyan."

Cy pouts, "Do I have to?"

"Yes you do. I know how you get sometimes. Jax, however..."

"What's that?"

"You are more than welcome to inform me of any passing scenery you notice. That is, if I don't see 'em first."

Cy and Em turn around to slap at Steve, laughing.

"Where do you want to setup?" Em asks the group.

After surveying things, Steve responds, "Looks to me like standard spacing."

"Whaaaaaaaaat?" they counter, with puzzled expressions.

Steve chuckles, "Respectful distancing. Not too close. Find a gap somewhere. However..."

"What's that?" Jackson asks.

"Since this is about the girls showing off, it looks like we might want to go to the right. Seems to be more people that direction. About halfway to that lifeguard lookout."

The quartet trudges through the sand, finds a landing spot, and spreads out their towels. The guys strip off, and Cy and Em enthusiastically wriggle out of their coverings for the show.

They are noticed. Well, truthfully, the girls are noticed by a middle-aged couple walking along the waterline. They both smile in greeting and appreciation, but the woman of the couple can be seen saying something to her partner amounting to, "Don't stare." He tries not to, but the furtive glances are telling, as is his growing erection. Wifey scowls at him.

The girls giggle at their garnering attention so quickly.

"Whatcha wanna do?" Emily asks Cyan.

"Well, show off, for one thing! Isn't that why we're here?" she chuckles. "Let's sit for a couple of minutes, and then we can go for a walk."

Steve and Jax grin and shake their heads while they settle down to soak up a little sun.

"Steve?" Cyan scolds. "Sunscreen! Get your shoulders this time! Gawd..."

"Good point. Jax?"

"Sure."

Jackson fetches the sunblock out of the cooler pocket and hands it to Steve.

"We're going!" Cyan declares, and helps Emily up from her towel.

"That was fast!" Steve chuckles. "Go knock 'em senseless, ladies. Count boners."

"Steven!" both laugh back. Jax is amused.

"Guys, before you go, how long are we staying? Even you two need to limit your sun time."

"Certainly not all afternoon," Em answers. "Didn't you tell Penny we'd be there around four?"

"Yep. So not quite two hours? Leave by three-ish?"

"That works. And depends."

"On what?"

"The attention. You know guys will want to chat us up."

"Yep. Here's an idea. Jax and I will watch the time. When we put up the umbrella, that's your cue to return to home base. Okay?"

"Sounds like a plan!" Cyan confirms.

"You guys go have fun. And Em?"

"Yes?"

"No sex. Not even touching. They're looking for it, and will bust your adorable ass."

"Damn!" she laughs.

The girls saunter down the sand towards the waterline and start their little stroll.

"Jax?" Steve prompts.

"Yeah?"

"You think Em's going to behave?"

"I do. She likes to mess with us most of the time, but that's all in good fun."

"Serious question. Are you really okay with the changes in our loving?"

"I am, Steve. I love Cyan. I love that you love Em. You two are great to watch with each other, both in and out of bed. And you and me? Certainly didn't plan on that!"

"Thank you. Being a couple is challenging enough, but this four equal partners deal makes my head spin sometimes."

"We seem to be managing quite well."

"We do."

"Two o'clock!" Jax chuckles. He spotted a pair of young ladies on their own stroll.

"Hmm. One on the left has more up top than I prefer, but it jiggles nicely. Oo. Both? I like it."

"Like what?"

"Bare pussies. You can't imagine what it was like twenty years ago, before it was the popular style. I had a devil of a time convincing Cy she needed to shave it."

"Yeah, those pictures of her back then. So sleek, so... oh gawd... but then there was the fur. Why did she want to keep it?"

"To make sure everybody knew she was a natural blonde! You know, carpet matching the curtains."

Jackson laughs, "I can see her saying that! When did you start shaving?"

"First wife! We had a real swimming pool at our house, and we were doing nude beaches fairly often. I liked the sensation of the breeze and the water on the bared skin. She, on the other hand, just had to keep her pelt. And it was a pelt! Really furry. Thick."

"Why'd she refuse?"

"Her boyfriends, I suppose. We've talked about that."

"Guys you didn't know about, right? Guess she didn't want to tip her hand about others in her sexual life? Like you?"

"That's my guess. I even wonder who she told she was married. Her primary boyfriend knew, though. Met him once, before I found out about 'em. Ten o'clock."

"Okay. Mmmm MMM! That's more our style, Steve. A little young, though."

"Undergrads, I guess. Nice to look at, hopeless to talk to. You have a bead on the girls?"

"Looking... oh, there they are. Two guys."

"Darn it. Left the binoculars in the car."

"The lifeguards probably wouldn't like seeing that. The 'leering' thing you told me about."