Bastileborn - Dragon Fire Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chloehunt
chloehunt
844 Followers

"They are safe!" cried a man's voice from the lower path that led into the palace.

Sidian turned and looked down at the three figures approaching. One man and two women were running up the path to greet them. The man was a younger, more handsome version of Brimsly. He had dark hair and bright hazel eyes. The woman beside him was a regal blonde with commanding gray eyes. The dark skinned woman next to her was beautiful and striking. She had long, willowy white hair that she kept pulled back in a ponytail. Her body was built like the female warriors of Camsheer. She had an exquisite mechanical leg made of gold and silver.

"Prince Dienon! Thank the gods!" cried the distraught soldier as he pulled away from Sidian and ran to fall at the prince's feet.

Dienon stopped, knelt in the dirt, and embraced the distraught man in front of his father's soldiers. They all watched in complete astonishment as their young prince comforted the man like family.

"It's all right, my good man," Dienon said as he patted him on the back and pulled him back to his feet. "The citizens are safe. They are camped on the southern ridge at the edge of the forest. No one died in the flood. Come, we must tell everyone the good news," he said as he continued up the path and greeted Sidian.

Sidian watched the blonde woman gasp in horror at the sight of Lacia lying lifeless on the ground.

"Lacia!" she shrieked as she ran over to her childhood friend and knelt by her side. The dark-skinned woman ran over as well to see if she could aid the fallen woman.

"She's not hurt. She's under a spell," Sidian began as he walked over and knelt in the dirt with them.

Dienon looked at Sidian's shackles and then at the beautiful woman on the ground. She was holding a familiar gold rose. He automatically knew they were important. His father would not have given a destiny object to a random person.

"Irena, how do you know this woman?" Dienon asked as he gazed at Lacia's beautiful face.

"She's Queen Tolimire's youngest daughter. One of my distant cousins. We often played together as children," she wept as she stroked Lacia's beautiful golden curls.

"Who are you, sir?" Dienon asked as he turned his attention to Sidian.

"I am Sidian, the last black dragon of the Living Mountain. Lacia is my fiancee. She is King Faddon's daughter," he explained in a subdued tone.

"By the gods... are you mad? Are you saying Lacia is half dragon?" Irena demanded as she looked at Sidian in disbelief.

"I almost went mad, but I still have my wits about me," he said as he blinked a few times and looked at Irena. "I don't feel like myself since Lacia fell under the rose's spell. I was hoping Brimsly's death would bring her out of it, but it didn't. I fear Faddon is the one to blame for it now. I'll have to take her to him," he said with tears growing in his eyes.

"Noble dragon, I am Commander Rana of the Shadow Guard of Daylith," began the dark-skinned woman. "You appear to be exhausted. When did you last sleep?"

Sidian took a deep breath and thought for a moment.

"It's been a few weeks," he admitted.

"Good god," Rana breathed. "You need to rest so you can regain your strength. Your precious fiancee is safe in her timeless sleep. Prince Dienon's mother is under the same spell. We hid her in a safe place before we rigged Brimsly's coffin with a deadly trap. We are the ones responsible for the king's death. We need to bring the soldiers to their families now, so we can begin rebuilding. Do I have your permission to carry Lacia into the palace?" she asked.

"Wait... Commander Rana?" Sidian said in realization. "It's wonderful to meet you. I'm also known as Captain Sid of the Black Wing. I do trust you to carry Lacia," he said with a nod as he slowly climbed to his feet.

"Let's get these ridiculous shackles off your arms. Does anyone have the key?" Dienon called as he looked at the soldiers.

"Oh, don't bother. They're just for show," Sidian said tiredly as he ignited the shackles with blue fire, causing them to shatter and fall in chunks around his feet.

Dienon and Irena gasped as they watched the strange blue fire fade back into Sidian's hands and eyes. Rana smiled at Sidian as she carefully lifted Lacia off the ground. Then she led her friends back into the palace with the army marching in behind them.

Irena and Rana helped Sidian find a quiet room where he could rest close to Lacia. Sidian thanked the women as he sat next to Lacia on the comfortable bed and stared at her perfect face. Rana was watching him in concern.

"Irena," she began, "will you give me a moment alone with Sidian?"

"Of course, Rana," she said and left the room to find Dienon.

"Sidian, how is your mind?" Rana asked as she gently touched his shoulder.

Sidian blinked at her touch and looked at her in surprise. There was familiar energy burning inside her. He could feel it through her hand. It was faint, but it was there.

"My mind is cracked, but not shattered. Who are you?" he whispered as he searched her dark amber eyes.

"I am Commander Rana of the Shadow Guard. Who else would I be?" she asked in confusion.

"There is a strange energy about you. It's somewhat familiar. May I touch you?" he asked.

"You want to search my mind?" she asked with a smile.

"Yes, how did you know that?"

"You're not the first dragon I've ever met, but you're the most powerful. I saw you in a shared dream. I wasn't sure if you were real or not," she whispered with a smile.

Sidian's eyes widened at that revelation.

"Your mind easily absorbs magic. Are you a mystic?" he asked.

"I was when I was young, and I am strange because of it. I've traveled the southern end of the continent and melded my mind with many different powers. Then I fell in love and fought a few wars. Then I settled in Camsheer to practice metallurgy. Brimsly's warmongering brought me to Daylith, just like you. You need to sleep, Sidian. I don't want to burden you with my life story. If you would like, I can help calm the trembling inside you."

"No, thank you. Absorbing my magic in its current state might drive you mad."

"Oh, thanks for warning me. I'm not that eager to help, but I wanted to offer. Rest well, Sidian," she said with a bow before she left the room.

Sidian sighed and snuggled close to Lacia. He eventually drifted off to sleep. He woke slowly a few hours later. He wasn't completely refreshed, but his mind was clearer. A clear mind would at least help him manage his unhappy fire. He gathered Lacia in his arms and went in search of his new friends. He found Dienon, Irena, and Rana sitting at a giant dining table in the abandoned palace, eating a humble supper of fish and potatoes.

"Good evening," he announced as he walked into the room carrying Lacia. Everyone started to stand to greet him, but he quickly shook his head at them. "Please, friends, don't get up. Such formality is not necessary," he said as he gently laid Lacia on a swooning couch and kissed her cheek. Then he joined everyone at the table.

"Did you sleep at all, Sidian?" Rana asked.

"I did. Three whole hours. That will keep me going for another week."

"You're serious, aren't you?" Irena asked in disbelief.

"Yes, dragons need very little sleep compared to humans. We were originally designed for war, so the less we need, the better."

"That's heartbreaking to think about," Rana sighed as she pushed a plate of food over to Sidian.

"Thank you," he said kindly and began eating.

"Sidian, tell me more about yourself. I have never seen a black dragon before," Rana said as she admired his shiny black hair.

He looked at her curiously and smiled.

"You have many dragon friends, don't you, Rana?" he asked.

She blushed as she glanced at the shocked expressions on Dienon's and Irena's faces.

"I do," she admitted. "I haven't seen them in a long time."

"You're friends with dragons?" Irena asked as she stared at Rana in disbelief.

"Indeed. I've traded goods with them for many years. There is a sizable clan of dragons that live in the mountains of Tearage Loch. It's on the southern tip of the continent. I met my favorite lover there over eighteen years ago," she said with a smirk.

"Holy shit! You fucked a dragon?" Dienon laughed in disbelief.

"Yes, Master Dienon, I fucked a dragon," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh god, it wasn't my brother Ragos, was it?" Sidian asked in slight mortification.

"Goodness, no. I've heard about him. Not my type. My lover was a beautiful dark-skinned dragon with the most brilliant purple hair. I had never seen anything like him. His name was Amir. I was a teenager when we first met. I truly thought he was a god in disguise, but then I met a few more dragons and realized they're all rather god-like. I knew our relationship could never really work, but it was fun while it lasted," she said with a rueful smile.

"You're going to have to tell me more about that later," Irena said as she nudged Rana with her elbow.

"On to more pressing matters," Dienon began as he looked at Sidian. "My mother is currently in the same position as Lacia. Do you have any idea of how to destroy the cursed roses? Do you think Faddon caused this somehow?"

"I think so. Brimsly kept praising the goddess Gwendoline, so she might have something to do with it. My next move is to take Lacia to the Living Mountain and demand answers from Faddon. I'm sure that's what he wanted all along."

"Why would you take her to the one person that wants her dead?" Dienon asked in disbelief.

"Because I literally cannot leave her side when she's in danger without losing my fucking mind!" Sidian growled. "It's a dragon curse, and there's no one that can go to Faddon in my place. I'm the only dragon he fears. I have to take her with me," he sighed miserably.

Everyone at the table glanced at each other nervously.

"Why is he afraid of you?" Irena asked.

"Because Sidian is royalty," Rana interrupted. "A potential king to replace Faddon," she said as she met the dragon's eyes and smiled.

"You learned a lot from screwing my kinsmen," Sidian said as he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Wow, this is shocking. Is there anything we can do to help you, Sidian?" Dienon asked.

"Not really. Faddon has me where he wants me. Completely at his mercy with his claws around my heart," he whispered as he looked at Lacia. "I will do what I have to do. Thank you for taking care of Brimsly for me, Commander Rana, and for the food and a place to rest, King Dienon. If I find a way to break the curse on Lacia, I will surely send someone to inform you about it as well."

"That's it, then? You just fly off to your deaths?" Dienon asked in frustration.

"Hopefully not, but your concern for Lacia and me fills my heart with hope. The world is already safer with you as king of Daylith."

"I agree," Rana said with a nod. "The Shadow Guard has done well."

Later that evening, Sidian bid farewell to his new friends before he flew north with Lacia. He was anxious to discover what happened with the black convoy. He hoped Ragos stopped it before it crossed paths with Thistle and the others.

More Life

Back in the Blue Delph Forest, the delphians were high in spirits. They were marching towards home after stripping Fritmon's army of their clothes, weapons, and supplies. They killed less than thirty men and suffered no losses themselves. It was a historic battle of mischief that would be spoken about and laughed about for many years to come. Once they reached a secluded area of the forest, far from human or high elf interference, they made camp and lit lanterns for a victory celebration.

They had stolen a few barrels of Lacustrine wine and enough food to feed ten armies. Gavin and Thistle told Queen Sayda about the festival games they played in Mauve Pearl Village, and she insisted they create their own version of the festival. Gavin, Plinkon, and Jarem were put in charge of creating fire lanterns. Thistle, Astrum, Neam, and Kythe were put in charge of creating candy cups for the wine. They set up an assembly line and worked with the delphian cooks to show them what they needed.

As night began to fall, the party lanterns were lit, and the delphian minstrels did their best to recreate Cypress's Flute Hymn. Gavin hummed it for them until they could play an acceptable version of it. In spite of its rough nature, the celebration felt enchanting. The dark elves danced like dryads under the fire lanterns. The mystical sound of their reed flutes carried sharp and clear through the night air.

Astrum was dancing and laughing with Neam and Kythe as they took turns draining cups of wine. Gavin and Thistle were also laughing as they twirled under the lanterns. Everyone stopped and stared in amazement when Plinkon escorted Queen Sayda into the clearing. They began dancing together like seasoned professionals.

"Holy shit... Plinkon can dance!" Gavin laughed as he watched his friend wooing the beautiful dark elf queen.

Queen Sayda was a gorgeous woman. She had long black hair and voluptuous curves, but her curves were pure muscle. The delphians couldn't hide their warrior features. Her fangs were prominent and could be more easily seen when she spoke. In spite of these features, she was just as graceful and charming as any human or elf queen.

Everyone clapped for Plinkon and Queen Sayda as they twirled under the lanterns, quickly finishing their wine before the hymn ended. Suddenly, all the delphians fell silent and looked in the same direction.

"What's going on?" Astrum whispered in confusion, only to be shushed by Neam.

"Someone strange approaches from the north. Douse the light and hide!" Queen Sayda ordered as she grabbed Plinkon's hand and pulled him out of the clearing.

The lanterns were instantly doused, turning the clearing into thick darkness. Thistle's and Gavin's hands were grabbed by their friends. They were led through the darkness to a safe hiding spot to wait for the stranger they detected. Thistle listened hard and soon heard clumsy steps and stumbling through the underbrush. Someone was grumbling curses right before they tripped and crashed into the wine barrels that were stacked on the edge of the clearing. The barrels crashed into a rack of spears, sending them clattering to the ground.

"Fuck! Where did you guys go?" cried the stranger as brilliant red fire brightened the whole area.

Thistle peeked around the tree she and Gavin were hiding behind and gasped. A person was lying on the ground covered in red flames.

"Ragos! You're alive!" she cried as she ran over to him.

She looked down at him and smiled. He was splayed out on the ground where he fell after tripping over a barrel.

"Hey! You're that hot little half-elf I met in Muave Pearl," he said with a huge grin.

Thistle laughed at his comment as the delphians slowly returned to the clearing.

"Um, everyone," Thistle announced, "this is Ragos. He's the red dragon that burned up the convoy and almost burnt your city, but I shot him for it, so... don't be mad at him, okay?" she asked sheepishly.

"YOU shot me?" Ragos asked in bewilderment.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"No problem. Sorry if I burned anyone. I was way too drunk to be flying," he sighed as he rubbed his face tiredly.

"Are you drunk now?" Thistle asked.

"A little. I found some plum wine in that weird city that I half-burned and drank it. Then I flew down here to look for you guys. I'm glad you're alright. Did I burn Gavin, by chance?"

"No, he's fine."

"Damn... I mean... good," he said as he staggered to his feet and looked around at the delphians.

They were slowly stepping closer to examine Ragos's red fire. It burned all around him without hurting him. Queen Sayda caught Ragos's full attention as she approached.

"Ragos, I assume?" she asked with a charming smile.

"At your service, beautiful," he said with a smirk as he admired her tight leather skirt and bodice.

"Ragos, she's the delphian queen!" Thistle hissed at him.

"Oh shit! Sorry, your majesty. I didn't mean to be rude," he said as he quickly knelt at her feet with his head bowed.

"You're forgiven for your sloppy manners, but you still owe me for the damage you inflicted on my city," she said as she crossed her arms and glared at him.

"I am so sorry about that. How can I begin to repay you? I don't really have anything of value," he admitted.

"I will have to think about it. Your magic is very impressive. It can be infused into gems. That intrigues me," she mused.

"That is very true," Ragos agreed. "Also, I'm open to any form of punishment. You can tie me up and abuse me all night if you like," he suggested.

The dark queen burst out laughing at his comment.

"You are sadly charming in your drunk state. Come, relight our fires and join our celebration. I will think of your punishment as we dance," she said before she turned and sauntered away from him. He stared after her with a goofy smile on his face.

"Get to work, Ragos," Thistle ordered.

"Oh, right, the wet lanterns," he mumbled as he climbed to his feet. He blasted the logs with his fire until they burst into normal flames.

"I'm really glad you're alright, Ragos. I was so scared I killed you," Thistle said as she hugged him tight around his waist.

"Aw, it's all good. It'll take more than an arrow of destiny to kill my stupid ass," he said as he hugged her back. "Mmm, you smell good," he mumbled as he ran his nose through her dark hair.

"Okay, that's enough hugging," Thistle chuckled as she quickly squirmed away from him.

"Fine... may I have this dance?" he asked as he somewhat gracefully bowed to her.

"This dance was already promised to me," Neam interrupted as she stepped between Thistle and Ragos. Thistle gasped as the beautiful dark elf pulled her into her arms.

"Oh... of course," Ragos said with a huge grin.

He gazed after the women in admiration as they danced into the clearing together.

"Ragos! It's good to see you alive," Gavin announced as he came over and slapped him on the back.

"Why does everyone keep saying that? You do realize it's extremely difficult to kill a dragon, right?" he asked as he looked at Gavin with an eyebrow raised.

"I didn't know shit about dragons until I met you and Sidian. I figured you were pretty strong, but you got shot with an arrow made by a god. That made me worry about you."

"Aw, how sweet. I kinda like you, Gavin," he said as he wrapped his arm around his shoulder and hugged him.

"I like you too, Ragos. Want some Lacustrine wine?" he asked as he offered him a candy cup.

"Holy shit! I would love some! I haven't had Lacustrine wine in years!"

Thistle was struggling to keep up with Neam's dancing. The dark elves were fast and graceful when they moved. It was hard for an outsider to follow what they were doing. Neam was laughing at Thistle's attempt to copy her moves. She slowed down halfway through the song, so Thistle could actually learn the dance.

"Thanks for cutting in earlier. Ragos is rather hard to deal with," she said as she twirled with Neam.

"You're welcome. I've been wanting a chance to get closer to you. It's hard to catch you without your human escort."

"Really, you wanted to get close to me?" she asked in confusion.

"Of course, you're absolutely adorable," she said as she put her hand on the side of her face and danced in a circle with her. The move was rather intimate, and it made Thistle blush. Neam smiled when she saw it. "You are very innocent. Has your human fucked you yet?"

Thistle's mouth dropped open, and she almost tripped over her own feet after that question.

"Uh... yeah. At least twice," she stammered with her face burning.

"Only twice? I assumed you two were an item."

"We are."

"Really? Then why have you only fucked him twice? Is it because your affection is torn between Gavin and Astrum? It annoys me how Astrum stares at you all the time," she admitted as she took Thistle's hand and walked with her over to a log. They sat down to continue their conversation.

chloehunt
chloehunt
844 Followers
1...910111213...15