All Comments on 'Battle-Hardened, War Weary Ch. 08A'

by MimiRose

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
nice

I had stopped reading this story because it was just too much for me,but after reading Skin to Skin I decided to read 8A. I'm glad I did and I'm contemplating going back to where I left off and catch up. I'm surprised and happy. Please give Ryan and Kali their HEA. Their little family deserves it so I don't care about what's going on with the butler.

MimiRoseMimiRoseabout 11 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

I am happy that you decided to read my story again.

I appreciate it.

beastman0969beastman0969almost 11 years ago
AWW

I really love this story. You have managed to redeem a horrible character and make him loveable/likeable. I do not enjoy the easy love/romance stories. They bore me so easily.

I like characters with major issues and problems. I like when they have to work hard to be better people. Nothing about this story has been neatly tied with a bow. You cant help but root for Kali and Ryan and baby Athena. You are an amazing talented writer I hope you don't lose your spark. Just know that you bring readers in and take us on a rocky ride that we enjoy to the end. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Gah

I suppose I can, just barely, see the rationale for putting this in Nonconsent.

But your writing...really, please work on the technical aspects.

For instance, conjugating verbs. If your character LIES down on a bed, if they did it an hour ago they LAY down on a bed. "Lied" is past tense of such things as telling a lie, not lying down.

Other problems with characterization can wait until you have mastered written English.

MimiRoseMimiRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Bah Humbug...

Lie, lay, lain, laid, lied... (raspberries)

Right now, (and maybe it is because I am cranky and sleep-deprived) I really don't care about the proper usage of the word. Maybe it is because I am receiving advice that is conflicting.

Chances are...

If the grammar bothers a reader to the point where they cannot focus on the story, then they really weren't "into" the story to begin with.

And that's okay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Easy solution

One sure fire way to always get the lie, lay, laid crap correct........

RECLINE(D)!!!!

:D:D:D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice!

Regardless of the very few errors among the text that so many seem to love pointing out, you are a very great author MimiRose! I enjoyed reading Kali & Ryan's journey as a couple. You tied it together very nicely. Glad to see that they'll have a positive ending together. Great job! Can't wait to read more :)

MimiRoseMimiRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Author's Note as of 6/1/13

Hey Everybody!

First off, I want to say "thank you" to all of you for taking the time out to read my story.

Okay, the reason why I am writing this note is to let you all know that I am taking a break right now from my writing. I really cannot tell you guys how long my hiatus will be. I am taking the break due to health reasons.

A few months ago, I noticed a change in my health. I would stare at my notes for this story and I couldn't write. I felt too damn tired to do anything. Then, my health had gone down the shitter ever since.

I had gone to my physician, who finally diagnosed me with a thyroid problem. I am now on a medicinal regimen and I silently praying that it works. So far, I feel subtle changes (no migraines... Yay!). But in regards to being tired, I am still feeling the same way.

So, I am taking a break until I am able to get my energy back again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love it!

Just love the way this story evolved. I was'nt sold on that Kali/Ryan relationship, but I really felt for both of them, what they went through. Also the childhood sweethearts thing is a serious plus. Hope it doesn't turn bad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous