All Comments on 'Be Careful What You Wish For'

by JavaBlack

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why would he allow them the first night?

She's rubbing it right in his face. After the divorce why not blow them up and make sure everyone, including all her family, all their friends and acquaintances and everyone where they both work KNOWS why they got divorced? It would have been childs play to destroy their lives like they did his. There are consequences for their actions. Your story had none.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

they need closure part 2 please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
By the numbers

Not awful but not great. Twist could be seen a mile away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Riddance to Ramona

Ramona is a selfish, self-serving bitch. Being in a same sex relationship during college is not something a loving spouse would fail to disclose prior to marraige. Her disregard for him was atrocious. Steve will someday see he is better off without her. Hopefully he has gained some insight into handling fantasies that will serve him well when he meets someone new.

The idea that Susan and Ramona will live happily in a lesbian dyad is contrary to their well established sexual identities. They weren't enough for each other in college and won't be now. Steve should see it coming and observe the carnsge from a safe distance. Neither woman is long term relationship material at this point in their lives.

Thank you for a thought provoking story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It never was a loving wife category

As soon as you added another category it lost being a loving wife category. The loving wife category is a neutral category so as soon as you add another category it automatically changes to that category. That is why the loving wife category is a tough category to write in. Because the challenge is to write a story without having to rely on the other category’s to make your story . This story just makes you look like a idiot. Sorry but the loving wife category is for the talented writers who can make stories and look fantastic without using the other category’s . Then to top it off the loving wife category has the most toughest judges who could make or break your story. To me it’s garbage but see what the judges say

centralsquareguycentralsquareguyabout 4 years ago
I'm confused...

Does Jason change his name to Steve halfway through?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 4 years ago
Threesome? It was never a threesome

This was only ever a one way deal for Steve. Susan was Bi but Steve was never allowed to actually have sex with her. Why not? It was all Ramona and Susan with Steve having sex with his wife only and "foreplay" type oral sex only with Susan. Why didn't he ever assert himself. ie ALL or NOTHING. Both girls were Bi. But he wasn't allowed to participate fully. Now that the girls are together, when they have a guy they will "share" him with both, just like with Paul in college.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Well, you tricked me

I had thought, from the title and subhead, that the threesome Ramona would agree to would be with another man.

Susan and Ramona LUGged for four years; that’s not just taking care of each other’s horniness, but a relationship. Dude fucked up by pushing that, but he’d have flicked up even if she’d been a serial Lez. Guys don’t fantasize about having two women where the two women are more into each other than they are into him, and guys who fantasize about two women are expecting to be the center of attention, not the sometimes included third wheel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
BTB

I can't stand women like this. They destroy their husband's life's then want "closure " to soothe their own consciousness. I say fuck her and BTB! Go scorched earth on her ass!

mwcuriousmwcuriousabout 4 years ago
I Liked It

Yes, predictable but like the car crash you see coming but can't turn away from. Like another person commented, would have been interesting to hear what happened with friends and family reactions. But I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mr Category Monitor

Last commentor, go straight to hell. Who hired you to monitor the Loving WIves category? You keep posting your stupid comments, attacking and berating authors and denigrating their submissions. Where are your own fucking stories? Show us your awesome talent for writing perfect Loving Wives stories. Dazzle and impress us...

Authors, ignore the stupid asshole! He is very industrious ad tireless. He is very determined and tenacious. The fucking asshole-loser has nothing else to do with his life! Pathetic!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "It never was a loving wife category" - Will you please give this a rest? You are quite simply WRONG. If you're so sure you're right, report the story to the mods, see what they think. In all the stories that you've posted this or similar comments on, have you ever seen ONE person agree with you? I thought not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
banal comment...

...for a banal story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Who gets married without discussing their past?

Or any particular kinks you may have?

As for divorce? It’s common enough that if he’s still moping about then the issue is him, not her leaving him.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
Find a better woman

Bring her to the friends gatherings and show pictures of the kids. Ramona and Susan will start leaving when the happy couple are there. The lady’s’ relationship has a “use by” date.

hotprof1973hotprof1973about 4 years ago
The category police are the minority

By the category definition, this definitely is a Loving Wife story. Don’t be distracted by the almost form letter gripes on almost every non-btb story. Even though you knew where it was going, I enjoyed it. Not the first sharing the wife with another woman and losing her story, but they are a break from the male seducers. The ending was a bit abrupt, I would’ve liked a little more detail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Part 2 please

Where the carpet munching gets old and Ramona goes doa. (Dying old and alone)

Please make it believable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
beulahthebrit

Well done girls, he wanted to introduce another woman into the mix, despite his wife's protests. It was he who stood eve's-dropping in on a private conversation. He got just what he deserves. As for trying to destroy them to family, friends or employers, good luck with that, what are they going to think of his encouragement for a FFM threesome, collateral damage goes both ways.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Regret

It is only a matter of time before regret sets in on Ramona. Susan has already said she cannot settle on guys vs girls.

centralsquareguycentralsquareguyabout 4 years ago
Great Story...

Realistic and believable... nobody's fault, things happen... I'm amused by the anonymous critics criticizing the characters... This is FICTION, people...get a grip please.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 4 years ago
nice plot and storyline

I enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting story

Would have expected him to actually have full sex with Susan and his wife not be so territorial about his abilities in that, atleast at some point, if she was on her way to dumping him. That or her becoming possessive of Susan not him. I agree with others, don’t see the Susan / Ramona becoming an monogamous long term couple. But then many details of the triad relationships we were not privy to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ok story at best, horrible title

For me it's horrible because 1) it's a cliche and 2) it telegraphed the ending. The rest was just fill-in-the-dots.

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 4 years ago
Good lesson

Hear that cucks? That goes double for you. Once you open that door, its over.

SPEN STERLINGSPEN STERLINGabout 4 years ago
wait...

Am I the only guy who thinks Steve blew it by not accepting the terms of being the once a month participant in a two girl threesome? I would have taken that deal. We could've even stayed married, just living apart.

readeralreaderalabout 4 years ago

Their relationsip is over, but the story needs "closure". Steve has to get something besides his tough lesson. Something nice. Even if the whole story WAS about that lesson. Ramona is a bitch and shows no mercy. And thats not because of the divorce, but for not leaving him be afterwards. How come and their friends didn't choose sides, or they did, since he had to cut ties with them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Who gets married without discussing their past?" In Ramona's case, itwas something back in her college days that she thought she left behind. Who amongst us shares everything about our college days?

As for Steve, it was a long suppressed kink that caused him problems when revealed in the past, it's understandable that he was unwilling to share it until he felt there was a chance it might be reciprocated.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

This definitely needs a consequences chapter. Ramona knew Susan wasn't cut out for a long-term relationship and what happens when the biological clock starts ticking?

I hope Steve moves on and finds a much better woman to start a family, while Ramona wastes her fertile years in the dead-end relationship with Susan.

JavaBlackJavaBlackabout 4 years agoAuthor

@centralsquareguy - My apologies. I DID decide to change the name. I could have sworn I did a Find/Replace, obviously screwed up somewhere!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Didn’t liked it.

Not correct, I gave a one star for not ending, so I guess I hated it.

But hey, like someone said, it’s realistic and then, it’s fiction. So I didn’t liked the realistic fiction and the missing ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
@centralsquareguy

I believe it is a hallmark of good fictional writing that the author creates a world of of sufficient depth and realism that readers develop feelings for the characters and have emotional responses to developments in the plot. It is a compliment to JavaBlack that so many of the comments posted here refer to how the reader felt about the story.

Perhaps you only read hoping to find inconsistencies in character naming or errors in syntax. If so, enjoy yourself but allow others the more traditional pleasures of fiction without your attempts at snide superiority.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Different

Relationship took a different tack than the usual lose your wife after having a threesome. Interesting plot with samenresult. Husband alone with regrets.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieabout 4 years ago
It gets worse every time

I've said it many times and I'll say it forever.: Never invite/allow/interest a third person to your marriage for any reason, especially sex. You and your other will never be the same again and it gets worse every time. It always ruins your love life and your spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

@readeral - You said it yourself, the story was about the lesson. Lesson learned, story over.

Their friends didn't choose sides because he didn't ASK them to. He was the one that didn't want to socialize with her, she was willing to socialize with him, so he removed himself from the equation to save their friends the distress. The story does say MANY of their friends. Presumably some of their friends were his friends first, chose him over her, maybe others had more sympathy for him and chose him.

@Powersworder - You may be very correct, and Ramona is taking a crapshoot. Then again, maybe Susan has grown, is tired of the hook-ups and ready for a long-term relationship.

If I were JavaBlack I wouldn't try for a continuation, because I only see two possibilities. Susan can't stay monogamous and breaks Ramona's heart and she's miserable, like every other BTB story. Or she has a happy life, and everyone is STILL pissed off!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 4 years ago
Re: “Who gets married without discussing their past?”

Forty years ago, when people might have had six previous sex partners, yeah, their pasts might have been discussed. Today, when people don’t get married until their late twenties or early thirties, and they’ve fucked fifty or a hundred other people, and it’s far more likely that they’ve tried to take a walk on the Wilde side a time or two, I can see where they might be far more willing to say, “You know, neither of us was a virgin when we met, so let’s just let it all go now, huh?”

I’ve told this story before, about a laughing conversation at a Hallowe’en party, that when your partner or spouse asks how many other people you’ve fucked, the answer is always five. Five you can get away with, without seeming like a slut. The couple who were saying that were laughing, and I could see it in their eyes: their “numbers” were way higher than five.

This is one of those things that’s way more of a problem for guys. If your girl has had five past lovers, guys can always convince themselves that they are the best she’s ever had. But if a woman has fucked fifty men before you, the odds that you’re the best are pretty low, regardless of what she tells you. And if there’s any same sex stuff or a threesome or orgy in the past, that means there’s stuff she’s had and probably liked in the past that you can never match.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
If I want to read a story this bad, all I need is the news.

There's nothing erotic about sadness, divorce or pain.

ErosRising69ErosRising69about 4 years ago

Wondering if there will be a part 2. I mean, Susan made it clear that her hookups eventually peter out, so why should this one be any different? I could see it written from Ramona’s point of view, with her getting squeezed out of the relationship. From a literary point of view, we’ve already seen Steve suffer from allowing Susan into the relationship, but we haven’t seen any consequences for Ramona for leaving Steve. Sure, this story is about Steve, so the next one should be mostly about Ramona and her issues.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60about 4 years ago

The story as written blames the woman first and protagonist second, and winds up being another educational story about fantasy becoming realized and then, da-da-da CONSEQUENCES! So your wife runs off with another woman. So? If the relationship had been in that much trouble, maybe next week or month... It could have been a guy, or another woman. Or shockingly, the protagonist might be tempted to stray. Point is, the relationship may have either run out of steam, or was on the rocks already. The protagonist riding off in divorce was a done deal no matter what. As far as the wife getting her just desserts... A great way to go about that would be for the poor protagonist to get some therapy and get on with his life. A happy life without her would be the best revenge of all. Picture it: he writes about it (the threesome with the breakup) in a novel form.

Then: it becomes a huge best seller. He does the talk show circuit. They make it into a movie. He finds willing and sexy bisexual women who WANT him. Eventually, he gets remarried and is quite happy. Him and his wife are in a bar and he sees the ex trying to pick up a girl. She sees him... Well you get the drift. Confrontation. Thanks so much, the divorce helped me to get where I am today. Roll credits. What do you think? Brad Pitt to play protag in the movie, w his ex wife as... His ex wife! Ah too easy.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good

Good story, different sex cheater, but husband always loses in LW.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 4 years ago
Well-written and interesting piece.

Always nice to see a new writer in LW. The author used his imagination. Congratulations, Mr. Black. Are we related? Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice job

Interesting and well written

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

The usual ending for this type of cheating wife story. Sexes changed, story didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
well done

To predictable. Maybe a 2nd part.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGalmost 4 years ago
HUSBAND LOSES - AGAIN

I agree with robroy93...the husband always loses... Too bad..cause hubby did 100% everything wife asked him to do and he still got fucked over .... Shoot that MF bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Of course the husband always loses, it's Loving WIVES for a reason

Otherwise it'd be Loving Husbands.

Consequences stories are important, if it keeps one guy from wandering into CucksVille or CheaterTown it's worth it.

Thanks JavaBlack, keep'em coming.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

Loved the morbid reality

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

I can't fully agree wiht thic conclusion. For me it seems that Ramona might be bisexual but more on the lesbian side. The same applys to Susan. Ramona has supressed her lesbian side to much because of cenvention. And one more point: Steve was always an outsider in this threesome and only an ocassional participant.

A threesome like this can only work if the wife is just bi-courious for a short time. Or in a lasting affair all three have to be on an equal footing, what meeans Steve should have been allowed to have sex Susan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
bad end

Very anticlimactic and downer ending. It needs a better ending, not necessarily him ending up with both, but either that or him moving on and finding happiness.

Best revenge and all that.

lookbob66lookbob66about 3 years ago

I guess it’s my age, but I’ve never shared or asked about a partner’s number or history. I know women talk about their men, but it doesn’t seem gentlemanly for men to do so. However, at this point, I can hardly remember. It’s been ten years since I’ve been on a date, over thirty if you count my marriage. Actually, I would expect to share any marriages, just not the details.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Sure, a threesome is a nice fantasy for a man as recipient; but unless you take Viagra by IV, can you even hope to satisfy two multi-orgasmic women?

Why NOT take Ramona up on her occasional offer? She obviously misses him. Now that he doesn't belong to her (the one who wouldn't share), maybe Susan might like some of his dick. Beats rosie and her sisters.

I read another story where a bisexual wife took another as a lover but didn't want to give up her husband, so they set up a share schedule. Each of the tree spends a night with one, then a night with the other, then a night alone. I think maybe they had threesomes occasionally. Anybody know this story?

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Why

Wither it is male or female why give up what you have. Fantasy is a fantasy until it ois too late and the marriage is destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well you reap what you sow..

DessertmanDessertman23 days ago

True to life. Many years ago when our children were still in primary school, we were friends with a couple who had 2 children of a similar age. She was a teacher.

After we moved away we learnt that she had left her husband, and moved away to live with one of her female colleagues. I lost touch with them so I don't know how it worked out for her, but her husband remarried after they divorced.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJavaBlack@JavaBlack
I will not be commenting on any stories, my own included. I want my stories to be judged for themselves, not influenced by something that I might say in a comment.