Be Careful What You Wish For

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then it was my turn to hear the words.

"Steve, we need to talk."

I grabbed a beer and sat down heavily across the table from Ramona.

"I know you must have noticed that we've been drifting apart. The problem, the issue is, that I've fallen in love with Susan, and she with me. We want to be together full time."

I suppose I should have seen it coming, but I was shattered.

"What about us?"

"I'm sorry, Steve, but I'm going to have to ask for a divorce. I won't be asking for much. You can have the house, I won't be asking for any alimony, just half the savings, maybe some furniture and keepsakes."

My eyes filled with tears. Words failed me.

"We know this is hard for you, Steve. If you want, you can still play with us once in a while . . ."

I nearly jumped out of my seat.

"No! I don't need pity sex, and the last thing I need is to be reminded of the biggest mistake of my life."

I left her there crying and went to our(?) room to shed my own tears behind the locked door.

When I went back out, she was gone, and while I was at work she came and took all of her stuff and the few things she wanted. She didn't take anything that I cared about, so there were no issues there.

By the end of the week I was served. Everything was as she said, but I still had my attorney look it over. When he agreed, he called his paralegal in, I signed, she notarized it and I sent it back.

My attorney took care of the court dates, I had no interest in seeing either of them.

I still get the occasional call, sometimes from Susan, usually from Ramona, looking for "closure." Fuck that. We already had all the closure I needed when she slammed the door on our marriage.

The worst part has been cutting ties with many of our friends. I won't ask them to choose sides, and since Ramona is willing to visit if I'm there, I feel that it's only fair that I be the one to leave.

I'm not ready for a new relationship, hopefully I will be soon, but I've learned one very important lesson:

Be careful what you wish for; you just may get it.