Be Careful What You Wish For

Story Info
A man is granted five wishes by a dead person.
2.7k words
3.81
6.9k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Spyder23
Spyder23
51 Followers

My marriage ended when I caught my wife screwing around. The details aren't important. You've probably heard the same story a hundred times. Counseling wasn't necessary since neither of us wanted to stay together any longer and the divorce was granted quickly.

I walked into the pawnshop and as I put my wedding ring on the counter I wondered how many other guys had done the exact same thing. "How much for the ring?" I asked.

"Forty bucks."

It seemed low but I was prepared to take whatever he offered. For fourteen years it meant something, now it was trash. "It's yours now," I said. While I was waiting to be paid, something in the corner of the jewelry display caught my eye. It was a simple black band with a silver pentagram etched into it. As I pointed to it, I asked, "Will forty bucks be enough for that ring?"

"Sure, it's been in the case for over a year. The only problem is that the metal it's made of can't be resized. If it doesn't fit, I can't help you."

The ring was small but it was perfect as a pinky ring so I bought it.

It was an unusual piece of jewelry so I asked, "Does the ring come with a story?"

"Are you a cop?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"In my business, sometimes I buy items that don't belong to the seller, if you get my meaning."

I nodded my head. I knew exactly what he meant.

"So, tell me about the ring."

"An acquaintance of mine works in a funeral home. He took the ring off an old lady before she was lowered into the ground."

When I left the pawnshop, I made a note never to be buried with anything valuable.

As I walked to my car, I heard someone say, "It doesn't belong to you."

I looked around but I didn't see anyone.

"It doesn't belong to you," the voice in my head repeated.

My first thought was that I should probably cut back on my drinking.

"You have my ring and I want it back."

My next thought was that I was going insane.

"No, Danny, you're not going insane" the voice continued.

I froze. Whatever was happening wasn't normal. I tried to stay calm as I asked the mysterious voice in my head, "Who are you?"

"The woman whose ring was stolen," she replied.

"Do you have a name?"

"Of course, I do. What a stupid question."

"I'm sorry. I'm a little nervous right now. I'm not used to talking to dead people."

"My name is Maria Slovak and before my death I was a member of the royal family in Austria. I was a duchess.

"But you're dead, how can you talk to me?"

"Let's just say that the ring that you bought has certain powers, powers that could be abused. That's why I gave instructions to have it buried with me."

"What sort of powers?"

"Even I can't be sure of all of its powers. All I know is that the ring has been in my family for over a thousand years. It was found by a little girl who grew up to be queen. What I can tell you is that the power that's most troubling to me is its ability to grant wishes."

"You mean, I can wish for something and the ring will grant it?"

"Yes, if you knew how to unlock its power."

"But you're not going to tell me how to do that, are you?"

"No, but you might accidentally discover it so I'll make a deal with you. While I still have some control over the ring, I will allow five wishes to be granted right now if you agree to three conditions. First, you can never tell anyone about the ring. Second, after the last wish is granted, you bury the ring near my grave in St. Luke's cemetery. And third, you never dig it up. If you agree to these conditions and fail to live up to your end of the deal, the ring will be turned against you. I really wouldn't advise that. In fact, my advice would be to bury that ring now and forget you ever saw it."

"There's no way I'll turn down five wishes."

"Before you make your first wish there are some things you should know. Although you can wish for almost anything, you can't wish for more wishes and with my control over the ring I will have the power to adjust the outcome of your wishes."

"I can live with that. You have a deal, duchess."

"Do you know what you want for your first wish?"

"I've always wanted to be rich but I know that I can't just wish for money. I'll need a way to explain how I got it. I don't want the government to come after me. There's a Powerball lottery tonight. Duchess, for my first wish I want a winning ticket."

"I had hoped for something more imaginative but okay, buy a ticket and listen to the winning numbers tonight."

I drove to a gas station that I knew sold lottery tickets and purchased one. I wasn't sure what numbers to pick, but I didn't think it mattered. That night I looked at my ticket as the winning numbers were announced. Something was wrong.

"Duchess, if you can hear me, tell me what just happened. I thought we had a deal."

She replied, "We do, and I fulfilled your wish. You have a winning ticket. You won seven dollars. Your wish never mentioned the grand prize."

"Okay, now I see how this works. I make a wish and you try to screw it up. You got me that time, but I'll be much more careful with the other four wishes. Let's start by correcting my first mistake. I wish to have the winning numbers for the grand prize in the next Powerball lottery drawing."

"That's your second wish?"

"Yes."

"Okay, tomorrow go to that same gas station and ask for them to print out a random lottery ticket. I guarantee that it will match all of the winning numbers."

The next drawing would be in three days so I had to control my excitement until then. In the meantime, I'd think about my remaining three wishes. The people at work noticed a change in my personality. I was happier than they'd ever seen me. I thought about how I'd spend all of that money, I didn't know what I would buy first, a new house, expensive car, maybe a yacht. Best of all, when my ex-wife found out she'd be jealous as hell.

On Friday, the Powerball lottery was televised and I held my breath as each number was announced. The Powerball jackpot was thirty-million dollars. This time every number matched and I kissed the ticket. "Thank you duchess!"

"Danny, It might be too soon to thank me. Before you start spending your winnings, I think that you'd better watch the eleven-o'clock news."

I got a bad feeling when she said that and it got worse when I listened to the news that night.

"Lottery officials are baffled as to how it happened. Everyone who asked for a random ticket got the same numbers ... the same grand prize numbers. There are over 10,000 people holding winning tickets for the jackpot. Each of those people will earn about $3,000 before taxes. Congratulations to all the lucky winners."

With those words, all my dreams of being super rich disappeared. I just sat there, staring at the ticket. I had already used two wishes and I didn't think that asking for another lottery ticket was worth the risk. Asking to be famous also seemed a very bad idea. All you had to do was look at the gossip magazines at the supermarket to know that. Besides, the duchess could make me famous for a mass shooting or some other terrible event.

Needless to say, I walked into work the next day in a totally different frame of mind. Maybe a better love life is what I need. There's no shortage of beautiful women where I work. The Sales department is loaded with them. Maybe my third wish should be to fulfill my sexual fantasies.

"Hey, duchess, can you arrange for someone to want to have sex with me?"

"That's easy. Is there one person you have in mind or do you want many women to find you irresistible?"

"If I chose many women, there are too many ways for you to make my life a living hell. So, my wish would involve just one person."

"You're getting smarter, Danny. Are you interested in marriage, a short-term relationship or a one-night stand?"

"I want a night of sex that I'll remember for a lifetime."

"I can make that happen."

"Then here's my third wish. When I go to lunch today in the office cafeteria, I want one of the skirts in the Sales department to join me and proposition me for a night of passionate sex. I'll take it from there. By the way, I'm partial to blondes."

"Enjoy your lunch, Danny."

I went to lunch feeling a lot better than when I came to work and true to her word the duchess did what I wished for. A gorgeous blond walked over and without an invitation, sat down at my table.

"Danny, my name's Janet. You don't know me but I've been watching you for a long time. In fact, I named my vibrator Danny after you. Is there any chance that I might get to experience the real thing?"

Smiling, I thought that the duchess made a good choice. I just needed to straighten up the apartment. "Is tomorrow soon enough?"

"Can't you squeeze me into your schedule tonight, baby?"

"Tomorrow 7 p.m. I'll make the wait worthwhile, Janet. Wear something sexy but not too hard to remove." With that, I handed her a paper with my address.

At exactly 7 p.m. my doorbell rang and I opened the door to see my fantasy woman. Her long blond hair hung loosely and the dress showed off her beautiful breasts perfectly. I could imagine that she closed many sales with that body. I pulled her in and as soon as the door was closed, kissed her as passionately as I could.

"Janet you're gorgeous."

"I thought you'd like the dress. It doesn't hide much."

I slid the spaghetti straps slowly from her shoulders and saw tits that were begging for attention. I lowered my lips and gently sucked on them, often circling my tongue around the nipples. Janet's breathing changed and she reached down to unbuckle my pants.

"You don't mind if I check out my vibrator's replacement, do you Danny?" With that she got on her knees and removed my pants. It only took a few seconds more to place her thumbs in the wasteband of my briefs and remove them too. As she dragged her fingernails across my thighs, she got an immediate reaction from my cock. "It's impressive, Danny but I'll bet I can get it bigger."

All I can say is that her talents got me as hard as I've ever been. She was an expert at teasing me with her fingers before taking me deep into her mouth. My only problem was stopping her because I wanted to stay hard for my next fantasy. She could finish what she started later.

"Janet, my ex-wife never let me fuck her in the ass. Will you?"

Without a word she walked over to the end of the bed. With her back to me she seductively removed the rest of her clothes, bent over the bed and spread her cheeks.

"Don't keep me waiting, Danny."

It wasn't long before her moans and screams told me that I wasn't the only one enjoying it. And when I finally emptied my balls in her ass, I smiled knowing that this was just the beginning. I had more fantasies on my list, one that I didn't have to wait long to experience.

"Danny, are your oral skills as good as mine?"

I slowly pulled out of her, backed up and replied, "I'll let you be the judge. Stand up and turn around."

If the duchess wasn't already dead, at that moment I would have killed her myself. In plain language, Janet was a chick with a dick. I could hear the duchess laughing in my ear as I kicked him out of the apartment.

"Was it good for you, Danny? I promised you a night of sex you'd remember for a lifetime. Watching the two of you was better than watching a porn video because I knew it wasn't acting. That smoking hot kiss that you gave him at the door was amazing. I couldn't wait to see your reaction when you found out that it was a man that got your cock hard and made you cum when you fucked him in the ass. Tell the truth Danny, when you threw him out were you more upset that he was a man or that you enjoyed it?"

"You are one sick bitch, duchess, you know that? Well, you had your fun but you didn't fulfill my wish. I asked for a woman."

"No, you didn't. You asked for a skirt and you got one. That's three wishes. Two more and I get the ring back or you could just return it now and avoid any more pain and embarrassment."

"Dream on, duchess."

I was angry and I needed to focus that anger. I couldn't do anything to the duchess but I could punish my ex-wife. That's what I'd do with my fourth wish.

"Duchess, remember when you offered me the option to be irresistible to many women?"

"Yeah, I didn't trick you with that one."

"Well, my fourth wish involves my ex-wife. I want her to be irresistible to men and unable to control her sexual urges. The punishment should fit the crime that broke up our marriage."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Make it happen. Her craving for sex might even destroy her new marriage to the guy she left me for. That would be an added bonus."

"How long will her punishment be?"

"Two weeks would be poetic justice. One day for each of the fourteen years we were married."

"Okay Danny, the fourth wish will begin tomorrow."

That first week, alI could think about was what it must be like for my ex-wife. I couldn't envision how the duchess could ruin this wish but that was because I didn't have as good an imagination as she did. She was always one step ahead of me. It happened after work while walking from my office to my car in the parking lot.

"Hello Danny."

"What are you doing here? You can't be here."

"Why not? You don't have a restraining order, although I wouldn't mind you using handcuffs."

My mind wasn't thinking straight. This was my slut of an ex-wife, the one who had destroyed our marriage and all I could think about was screwing her brains out right there in the parking lot.

"You still have feelings for me, don't you Danny?"

I couldn't help myself and I kissed her. I led her to my car and we pulled out of the lot.

"Danny, my place is five minutes away. I'll tell you how to get there."

I drove, but I don't remember much. Somehow, we got to her apartment without getting into an accident and eventually we fucked like rabbits. I never heard the key in the lock, only the sound of the gunshots. It turned out that my ex-wife's new husband was a jealous cop who came home early to confirm his suspicions. His report would say that he shot a rapist attacking his wife.

Before I blacked out, I had energy for one last conversation with the duchess..

"You win, duchess. You'll get the ring back but to do that I have to live and stay out of prison. That's my fifth wish."

Ten days later I left the hospital. The charges were dropped when my ex-wife admitted that the sex was consensual. She's now undergoing treatment for sex addiction. The ring was buried with the duchess and I've never heard from her again although she did grant me one extra wish since that last one was for her benefit as well as mine. None of the other wishes worked out as planned but I have high hopes for this one. The duchess said she wouldn't interfere this time. I supervise fifteen people in my department. I hope that they enjoy the Powerball ticket that I included with their paycheck.

Spyder23
Spyder23
51 Followers