All Comments on 'Be Careful What You Wish For'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 172 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oh Ha Ha Ha

I suppose I should have seen those puns coming!!!

Still only gets you a 5* though!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Groan

great story, but groan. gum dwapps, really

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
I Liked

The Story.. I Penny Dwapps,Gum Dwapps. I can see someone doing that to their Kids. Kinda cruel but not unthinkable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bad puns

I didn't see them coming until the end

made them Much MUCH worse shame on you

good story

by the way there ARE no good puns just less bad ones

dinkymacdinkymacover 11 years ago
Excellent!!

Gum Dwapps! :) lol

Thanks for sharing.

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 11 years ago
Guffaw

Any story that evokes an unexpected guffaw at its end is worth a 5. A present at the end of a good story is a gift. This is one, mon auteur favorisée!

Bill

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Demoted to a "4" for All of the Stupid Names

Otherwise a terrific tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Will someone please post a review informing the reader if its a cuck tale or not?

I am tired of cuck tales. So i read the comments first and if its not a wimp story i read it. Last to last week's story by Stang was a cuck one where the woman fucks 1000's of men and the husband has her back in the end. Dont want a repeat. So all those who post comments saying its a funny tale and all, i get that. But no one has posted if its a cuck tale or not. Kindly let us know so the rest can decide if its worth wasting time or not. Thank you. Please dont take this in the wrong way.

judge1179judge1179over 11 years ago
LOL

The names are awesome. I couldn't stop laughing. You really shouldn't have 'cheating' as a tag, since nobody actually cheated. 'Misunderstanding', 'Trick', or some other tag would fit better. I loved this story. I gave it a 5.

cueball961cueball961over 11 years ago
ROFL!

This was absolutely one of my all time favorites. It was entertaining from start to finish, and was even humorous at points, especially at the end.

I felt like the weak point in the story was that you sort of telegraphed the ending a bit. I had pretty much figured out that the spiritual swap never really happened. Spoiler Alert! It was good to know that the whole "cheating" thing was a setup as well. That made Ai's character more redeeming than she was even at the start of the story.

I gave you the full five salute this time. To have done any less would have been a crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Humor

some of these commenters have no sense of humor

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
A lot of fun

Where I grew up, we hardly ever heard of 'Halloween' - we celebrated a much older festival called 'Hop tu Naa.' (The smart ones can work out where I'm talking about!), and 'trick or treat' meant nothing to us until we heard about it on TV.

Our night was an ancient Celtic celebration of the dying of Summer and the emergence of Winter - and far more sinister.

Maybe next year I'll write a story about it - but I'm betting it won't be as good as this one!

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 11 years ago
Interesting Work

(I'll take Old Sitcoms for 500, please.)

;-)

Fascinating storyline. With the apparition of Maria, it got a bit weird, but the ending nicely resolved everything.

And yes, "Gum Dwapps" was completely unexpected. I walked right into that one.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsover 11 years ago
Five

Gum Dwapps...too funny!!!

Thanks - Again!!!

MadBrownMadBrownover 11 years ago
SUPERNATURAL ELEMENTS? BAH!

I gave you a 5 but, I simply do not like the supernatural aspects. But, that's just me.

Also, I was a little put off with your play on words and names (?Gum Dwapps?) in the guise of "humor". It's nothing but slapstick comedy in what was otherwise a serious situation and was distracting to me. You are a good enough writer to not have to resort to literary tricks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So funny!

I love the names!!

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
Yup nice a fresh

Thanks for another gem

IrfonIrfonover 11 years ago
GREAT !!

You should see me typing this with a big grin on my chops !!

Your regular stories make my day - keep 'em coming please !

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
Just fun!

Delightful romp! I enjoyed the Halloween story and the way you ended it!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I am definately going to look for more from you.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Excellent story 😛

Really --Gumford--gum for short... Lol... Who'd name their kid gumford? Anyways I enjoyed this story. I love everything paranormal & I love cheating wives stories & even though the wife wasn't cheating I still enjoyed it. Keep up the good work..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved It!

Awesome, awesome, awesome story. Funny, and well-written.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 11 years ago
ghostly

A bit far fetched, but good reading nevertheless. I enjoy all of your writing efforts. Cheers! Connoisseur29

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Excellent Story!

Ss06 could be Stephen King. I couldn't figure out where this one was going. A true loving wife, and she isn't at all psychotic. Great!

db1044db1044over 11 years ago
To the Name Dwapper

Funny story - the character names were over the top even for you. I mean really, Edith Bunker, Maude Findley and all the Dwapps clan, specially Gum Dwapps?

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
Wow!

Mustang man you really had me going there. This was a great story. Maria was one scary piece of work. I just can't understand how you keep pumping them out week after week. Alls well that ends well as they say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ha ha

Great job Pony Boy

Clever story, well written and some appallingly horrendous dad jokes!

Must be one of your best!

Sean

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The fuck?

The first thing she does after his beloved girlfriend dies is lie to him about her boyfriend beating her, then does nothing but trash-talk the poor dead woman, and then makes an effort to deceive him into believing that she's cheating on him, yet the demonic life-sucking succubus is the worse option?

He should have stuck with the demonic entity pretending to be Maria. At least she while she's sucking the life out of him, she won't treat him like shit. Unlike Aida who will do both. She certainly didn't deserve reconciliation.

Great story, even if the ending kinda sucks.

DepopuloDepopuloover 11 years ago

Fantastic story with a great (if a bit obvious heh) twist for a conclusion. Thanks again for another great story, I'd say keep it up, but thats what this author always seems to do so I'd simply be stating the obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story...

... but reading the comments, some people sure will go to any lengths to find a reason to hate a woman. Scarier than Maria. Ai told him the truth about Maria and he needed to hear it because he was wallowing in self-absorbed adolescent grief. She lived with him and loved him despite his inability to let go of Maria, so I don't blame her for taking advantage of the situation to find out where his heart really was, especially after seeing him committing adultery with a damn succubus. Why the hell would anyone talk about whether he should "reconcile" with Ai? If anything, it's Ai who's reconciling with him, after his icky sex with Maria AND going along with Maria's plot to take over her body. Even if he did think she was cheating there's no possible excuse for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I like most of your stories but...

IMO this was your worst. Didn't care for any of the characters at all. Will still look forward to your next story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cannot believe this name dropping (Dwapping)!!!

I read and love your writing, and I usually leaving the name Dwapping. I read your stories and try to determine if I am missing any of the famous names you use. However, Penny, Gum, Wayne and Ai are ridiculous. Maybe it is just sour grapes because I didn't get it until the last line. Still a 5.

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenover 11 years ago
That's a pretty....

wild story! I like it.

silver_fox0092silver_fox0092over 11 years ago
nice work

Another good work. I did like the name puns.. and it took a turn that I wasn't expecting but at the same time, liked. Ill be waiting for your next one.

pkmapkmaover 11 years ago
Great fun!!!

Good job, see you next week.

LBuddGLBuddGover 11 years ago
JEEEEEEZUS KEEEEEEWISTE!

What sum people will due for a kwapppy "5 STAAAAAAHZ" ahwaude!

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
cute and funny

tanks,stang,for the laugh,i needed it.

reader13reader13over 11 years ago
Excellent, Elmer

I may be an old fuddy duddy but I really liked it. Well done.

lagrimas458lagrimas458over 11 years ago
Very good story

My family has many interesting para-normal situations. Hard to say that we know everything about life after death. Good story and it sure captivated my interest. I know it is your writing when you bring in the Mustang GT. Keep on writing and I will keep on enjoying your stories.

DragonsbaineDragonsbaineover 11 years ago
Great story

Great Story keep up the good work, Loved all the little bits in the story and the twists is a great Treat worthy of the Great Pumpkin.. Five stars

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THE BEWITCHING TIME SHOWS STRANGE EVENTS

and some occur through-out the seasons, TK U MLJ LV NV

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Funny

Laughed my ass off with this one. Good female characters loved it. No evil people. Eye drops - gum drops - damn that was funny. 5

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A very unique storyline

A great twist for an ending, and it was a very nice happy ending.

Five stars isn't enough for this well written and edited story.

Thanks for the great Halloween story

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 11 years ago
Fan-tastic

I think I can speak for your many fans in that this was a great halloween story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Tear Dwapps happened cause I laughed so much

Ace of Kiss fame

Dr Smith...lost in space?

Hmmmm well done

Keep it going

Regards

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dwapps??????????????

Can I give it a 6?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Weird. Not sure if this was the right catagory

Too many over the fucking top insanely jealous women and clueless men.

But pretty good for a guy who generally makes shit.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Excellent Creation

For a while there I thought that it should be in the Fantasy category. For the person worried about reading about a wimp, there is a wimp here and her name is Ai. She is a nice wimp though, and the RAAC is not difficult to accept, if you believe in love....

nwhalernwhalerover 11 years ago
Punny and Gwoanful

A bit too long and cutesy but overall it was fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
:eyerolls:

That has to be the longest set-up for a bad pun I've ever read.

oldauthoroldauthorover 11 years ago
HITCHCOCKIAN!!!

The old master of story twists would be delighted with this story. And, so am I. You continue to amaze me SS06. I don't know if you read any of these comments, but I certainly hope you read this one and realize that it is meant as a compliment....not just a comment. The romance element of this story was very moving and well done and that was what kept me glued to the story. My sincere KUDOS!

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Websters Dictionary

The definition of a possive woman! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Curious

Great read as usual but I have a question. Why don't the better authors here enter the contests? Stang, you, Huedogg, Cpete and a few others are my favorite authors on the site. If you throw in Hermit, DG, Rehnquest, and Steele you have the cream of the crop of LW writers. Noen of you ever submit anything to the contests and I wonder why. You alone have written some of my favorite Halloween stories. Boo! was brilliant. Fur and November were great as well and even your story about the haunted car that I can't remember the name of were all great as well. Why no contest entries from any of you?

mikothebabymikothebabyover 11 years ago
to anonymous

In my humble opinion, the reason the good authors do not submit stories to the Halloween contest or other contests is that they have no chance of winning so why should they bother. The winners are favorites of the site managers - no one else has a chance. If you have been on the site as long as some of us have, you will realize that anyone who enters that is not of the favorite few, their stories get 1 bombed with votes while the favorites get 5 bombed with votes. So the really good authors who should enter and win no longer bother. Sad but true.

LechemanLechemanover 11 years ago
Great Story (again)

Loved the story and the unique punchline at the end. Always happy when I see your stories here and regardless of any comments you may feel towards some of your works I have not been disappointed. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
@mikothebaby and anonymous

I think a perfect example is the very, very subjective Editor's Choice (the little green thing next to a story's title). In my mind, Stangstar is the cream of the crop, yet not a single Editor's choice. Now compare that to johneb87, who's three of his four stories has been chosen. Now don't get me wrong, johneb87 is a fabulous and creative writer without a doubt. Nonetheless, he has only four stories, compared to Stangstar's 30. Now some might debate that johneb87 is a better writer than Stangstar, but regardless, he can't be that much better. Yet Stangstar doesn't have one editor's choice. That to me screams bias.

StangStar06StangStar06over 11 years agoAuthor
Hi Guys and Dolls

I really like this topic. So let me add my two cents. There are a lot of different types of writers here and I think all of them are great. But we're different just like movies and music are different. Some of us are true authors and writers and I just consider myself more of a storyteller. When I first started reading the stories here I read JPB and DG and Hermit. Then I went crazy when I read DQS and Rehnquist. Those two guys are writers.Not that the rest aren't. Each of them has their own style that makes them stand out and very special. But to me Steele and Rehnquist are amazing. Every word they write is brilliant. Every sentence is a work of art. They leave you thinking about them for weeks after you read one of their stories. Their works are very filling like a great steak. Me on the other hand, I just tell the story. Some weeks it might be funny, the next week Dark and the following week romantic. I'm not really interested in polishing a story until it shines, only in telling it. I guess I'm more of a hamburger than a steak. Perhaps someday I'll become inspired to write a steak, but the world needs hamburger too. And most of us eat a lot more burgers than steaks. I leave the contests to the steaks. I guess if we were movies those guys would be those critically acclaimed Oscar nominated movies and I'd be Die Hard or the Transformers. There's nothing wrong with either type, they're just different. See ya next week.

green117green117over 11 years ago
entering contests...

I have read some stories that I thought were good that had authors' comments that said they were going to submit to a contest, but the story took too long. I also have read authors who have stated quite clearly that they write mostly for their own reasons, and so... comments are appreciated but not the reason why... and so they don't tend to submit to contests.

All of which suggests that contests, and little marks of goodness (readers choice, editors choice) don't motivate everyone.

I do think SS6's comment is also appropriate - but what that means to me is that SS6 has a good chance of winning (he can write tales, and I would guess could take a theme and run with it with a deadline) since contest stuff fits his modality better than some of the writers he (and I) admire.

But, like some of the older writers here - I wonder why anyone cares? A good story is a good story, contest or not.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Talking about Rehnquist...

...Is he Sick or something?I didnt see a single story of him this year... DQS1 i know become a pro author and dont care about us, simple readers, anymore...

Great story Stang!Funny as hell!

cheers,

Paul in Rio.

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 11 years ago
Great entry

Thanks for a well thought out, different tale, perfectly in keeping with the season. Loved the humorous elements, and a 'hot' wife who remains loyal.

Have to take exception to the commenter who mentioned that the better LW writers never enter the contests. I don't think DG has ever missed one, and guys like Rehnquist and DQS who write huge chapter stories aren't allowed to enter chapters as part of the contests. Not in the last 5 years or more.

Good luck in the contest. I liked this one a lot. If it's a burger, make mine a 1/2 pounder, Kobe beef, medium rare. I'll take it over a mediocre steak any time.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 11 years ago
Doggone You!

There you go again--wait a minute! I've heard that somewhere--messing with peoples minds and trying to get them to believe Ai is maria. Ai sure did a great acting job! You're getting worse with your character names, though. Wayne Dwapps? Gum Dwapps? Aida? Louise Jefferson, etc. I LOVE it!!!

This is a well thought out story with a surprise--or at least unexpected--ending. One of your better efforts.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
5*****

Fantastic super story. Why is so low the votes of this story? This story is outstanding!

In the story there were 3 twists, excellent author dramaturgy. Some excellent Authors have low level selfknowledge, for example Cpete had been gotten a friendly bottom kicking by me for low selfknowledge and selfesteem, this fiendly bottom kicking is deserved SS06 as well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Overdose...

I've read most of your stories and enjoyed them for the most part. Two things bother me. Please quit using existing names for your characters...ie: Louise Jefferson, Edith Bunker and Maude Findlay. It was cute for the first story, perhaps ok for the second but I find it distracting. It breaks up the flow of your narration.

The other problem is "smirk" and "spat". In a past story, you used SPAT 3 times in 4 paragraphs. Get a good synonym dictionary and change it up. You should never use those verbs more than once in a story. You've used up your lifetime's quota for both of those words.

All in all, I usually enjoy your writings...even the strange ones. Keep at it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Cute

I do enjoy your stories. Especially the way you interject celebrity names into them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
MUTTANG06

Another week and another great story, Thank you Milkothebaby for keeping Mr. Muttang out of trouble.

Fun read thanks.

ED

JeffTomJeffTomover 11 years ago
Very Good

This is one of your best.

Thank You!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
cute

Gum drops......

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Long & Interesting

It was a long slow story - but well worth the read - interesting twist at the end - but your clues in the story were well planted concerning the trip south and back.

Nicely done. Also kept my interest.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it!

By the way, you have revealed your superior intelligence by going with Duncan McCloud over Connor. He IS the one!

Wonderful writing. One of your best. At first I was frustrated by the supernatural turn, but you wrote it well and didn't allow it to become tacky. I actually think it was brilliant. Thanks.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
One more thought

This story connected with me more than I first thought. While it seems that the confrontation between Maria and Ai is the meat of the story, the true heart of this story is the development of Ai and Wayne's relationship while hey were in college. You could have taken the easy route like so many other writers, throwing in glib flashbacks sufficient enough to communicate the back story. but no, you took your time. You wrote it so beautifully that it truly drew me into the story and I believed in their love. This is why I was so upset when it appeared she was cheating. If that had turned out to be the case, it would have been heart-wrenching. There were truly three well developed stages of this story: his relationship with Maria, his relationship with Ai, and then the ghostly confrontation.

kemanderkemanderalmost 11 years ago
Thank You!

Stanger, I love your stories, and this one tops the entire list. Thanks Again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

piece of shit hats what this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Are there really such an illiterate cretins as the anon below ??

This is unreal! One of the best stories of all times being judged by this piece of human excrement!

5* is not enough to reward this superb effort.

Thank you SS. 'roscovich'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story but....

No pre-nup and no PI to see if she was cheating? Just doesn't do it. In order for you to get this story to continue and get to a conclusion you had to leave out those two basics. Great idea but missing those two elements that should be there made it easy to get on with the story but leaves it with a feeling of just another ok story

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
good but flawed tale

I liked the twist but some major plot holes needed to be addressed.

After 7 years of marriage Ai instead of talking to hubby to get him out of his funk pretends to have an affair! How the fuck will that fix their marriage problems and hubby only gets Ace's word it was all a hoax?

She also takes hubby mentally having an affair with his dead ex not to mention his readiness to trade her soul for said dead ex's as not a big deal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Genius!

Nice story but at the end it seemed like you wrote the whole thing just to get in a low, allbeit excellent, pun. Really?! Ai Dwapps? Penny Dwapps? Worst of all, GUM DWAPPS?!! Frickin excellent! I give it 5 just for the whole pun.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 YOU ASKED FOR IT....YOU GOT IT.....

and its Memorex sublime, TK U MLJ LV NV

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Oh boy!! The ending was hysterical.

This was extremely unbelievable entertainment. Wow!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

I love a good Halloween story and this Rocked!

muirmadramuirmadraabout 10 years ago
Oh yessss .... A Halloween story at best! Need some, please!

A Halloween story ... a good one people can relate; you get angry and wanna fix it somehow only but there are so many twists and you discover there is only one thing and one thing only that can save it ... LOVE ... Thank you for a good and loving story! Now I must find my most obvious better half and hold her tight followed by a ton of kisses, affection, and most all ... Love

Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very Entertaining

Truly enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Foul! LOL!

I call foul on those names!

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Gum Dwapps???

Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaa!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You did it again

Another great story. God keep on writing. You have a creative mind. Especially when you Dwap all these funny names LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A shaggy dawg?

A great Halloween tale. Almost like "sending a knight out on a dog like this". Especially when all the reina dwapps are falling on my head.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
normally

I'm not a usual fan of your Halloween stories but this was an excellent read

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dude, write a bloody book already! If you have done so already... tell us! Like yesterday.

The title says it all. And, it is in the right category!

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Why all the subterfuge?

He believed her readily enough when she finally told him, so why not from the start? Could've saved a lot of grief for all round!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you for a bloody good read,

I enjoyed this story I don't think you could better it. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
*****

Fantabulous! Enjoyed the story very much. Thank you SS06. The ending sentence was cool. Cheers! c29

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Extremely well done! 5 stars

I assume the last part of the story was on account of this being a Halloween Contest entry. Right? I have trouble with the title because I did not pick up anything in the story telling me our hero wished he had Maria (Irish?) instead of Eye. And the names! Not funny to me. Not even cute.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A succubus? Really?

Well written but the ghost/succubus was just too far out there. Then you put the final stake thru the heart of this silly story when you just couldn't help yourself with the names. A "3" for writing. A "1" for the succubus and the names. Just didn't enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Movie of the week?

Scary, fun, funny! Loved it! Should be a movie of the week for Halloween. Thanks for a very enjoyable read. The names were hilarious. Keep up the great work.

LimchenghoeLimchenghoeabout 9 years ago
oh ho ho what a ghostly twister you are

Yes that was something out of the ordinary. Would like to read more of such quirky tales. 4 stars are in order.

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Great twist

For sure, a fun story.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
Another good one...

And I thought that the children's names were a hoot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ShaggyDog

You are probably too young to remember the original shaggy dog story, but the basic plot was: "in the days of old" there was a midget knight in armor that went into a bar to get out of the storm. He brought his steed, a big shaggy dog that he could ride, in with him. After drinking, and getting into a fight the bartender ordered him out of the bar. The midget responded " You are not really going to throw a knight out on a dog like this". But your story was a lot longer to get to Ai Dwapps. a 5 star, great read.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Very Nice Story

Glad it ended like it did, but WHY would ANY woman think that cheating (even faking it like Ai) would EVER gain your man back??? This story was a lucky twist otherwise she would have lost EVERYTHING.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sluts R Aida

She fucked Jack in HS cause she just let it happen. She fucked Ace cause it was expected. She came home without her skirt and panties after being married for years. No love there, no romance, just a lack of morals and total disrespect for herself and her wimp husband Wayne.

Uggh, ugly story. Well worth the 1 star given!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I BET HE DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING

WOW! This story has more twists than a 50s&60s dance floor? Love the story, most of all I love the ending with the kids. Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Bye.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous