Beastly Roommates Ch. 03: Her Father

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And who knows who else heard us!?" I sighed.

"Yeah, it's embarrassing, but there isn't really anything we can do about it now except to just move forward."

"I know," Ruth said quietly. I looked at the time.

"Anyway, I've got to get ready for our date." I showed her the clock on my phone and she nodded. I kissed her forehead before going to the bathroom to take my shower.

After getting cleaned up and dressed I headed back out to the front room. Ruth was in her chair reading and didn't look quite as upset as when I'd left.

"Feeling any better?" Ruth looked up from her book.

"Yes, some. You were right that the only thing we can do is move forward. So that's what I'm going to try to do!"

"Good!" I exclaimed with a big grin! "Because we're going to have a great time tonight!" She smiled back at me.

"Yes. This evening should be fun."

"Well, shall we?" I asked, opening the front door and gesturing for her to go first, which she did.

A short drive later we had arrived at Abuela's and were making our way through the front doors.

"Looks like they're already here," said Ruth. I chuckled quietly to myself as she pointed out a man and a familiar looking woman in a booth that was way to big for them!

"Hey, girl!" Greeted Sara when we walked over.

"Hello!" Ruth returned the greeting and the two of them hugged. I chuckled again at how Sara was completely engulfed in Ruth's arms, much like my mom had been. I looked over at an average sized guy with short blond hair that I figured was Sara's boyfriend. He gave me a short two-fingered wave.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked with a grin.

"Doing alright," I replied and he nodded.

"I'm John." He reached over the table to shake my hand.

"I'm David. It's nice to meet you." I slid into the booth and Ruth followed. "And it's nice to see you again," I said to Sara. Before we had time to really start up conversation a waitress walked up to get our drink orders. Per usual, Ruth ordered a strawberry daiquiri and I ordered the house brewed amber.

"So, Sara tells me that you're in construction. That right?" Asked John.

"Yeah, I'm a superintendent for a general contractor. How about you?"

"I'm an automotive design engineer."

"That's cool!"

We made similar small talk while Ruth and Sara did the same. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that he wanted to talk about something else, but was holding back for some reason.

At the end of the meal, both Sara and Ruth got up to use the restroom. I never understood why women, apparently human or otherwise, seemed to go in groups, but it gave John his opportunity to speak freely!

"Ok, I don't mean any disrespect, but I've gotta ask," he said quickly and quietly, leaning forward. "What's it like?"

"What's what like?" I asked. I could think of several things he could be referring to.

"Dating someone who isn't human." I chuckled.

"To be honest, I don't even think about how she's different anymore. She's my girlfriend, and that's just how it is."

"I guess you would get used to it."

"Get used to it?" I snorted. "I love it. You'd be surprised at how nice being the little spoon can be!" It was his turn to laugh.

"Alright, that's kinda weird, but whatever floats your boat! Sara's talked about how some of her conversations with Ruth, and I wondered how it was on your end."

"Fair enough."

"To be honest, I'm pretty impressed that you had the balls to go for it. I don't know if I would have."

"There came a point when I didn't want to fight how I felt anymore. It took Ruth a little longer to get to that point, but we're here now. In a couple weeks I'll be meeting her father." John grinned widely.

"That's great!"

"I just hope he's open minded enough to get on board."

"Good luck!" His smile morphed into a smirk and he looked around before leaning in closer. "Sooooo... how's she in the sack?" I couldn't help letting out a short burst of laughter before I also leaned in.

"You aren't getting any details..."

"Aw, dang..." he murmured with a chuckle. "Can't blame me for asking."

"I will say that I am well taken care of," I added, thinking not only of the last couple weeks of furious, heat-induced passion, but also of our normal love-making. Ruth was almost always up for a tumble, even initiating it herself regularly. Glancing over his shoulder I saw Sara and Ruth coming back from the bathroom and leaned back in my seat once more. "The girls are coming." He nodded, seeming disappointed about not having more time to talk candidly.

"Hey, sweetheart, welcome back," I greeted when Ruth got back to the table and we exchanged grins. Right as she sat down the waitress walked up.

"How was dinner?" She asked as she started gathering up plates. There was a murmur of general satisfaction. "Anyone save room for dessert?"

"I don't think so," said John.

"You sure?" I asked. "The cheesecake here is amazing." Ruth and I got it more often than not. "It'll be my treat," I added.

"Thanks! That's very nice of you!" Exclaimed Sara.

"I'm not going to turn down free dessert either," relented John with a chuckle.

"Four slices of cheesecake," I said, turning back to the waitress.

"Ok, I'll be right back with those."

After she left Sara and Ruth resumed their small talk. I could tell that John clearly wanted to ask more about me and Ruth, but didn't seem willing to do so with the girls at the table so I just smiled in amusement until the waitress came back.

"Ooh, this is good!" Exclaimed Sara after taking a bite. John nodded in agreement and for the next few minutes the table was quiet as we enjoyed the dessert. When it was all gone me and John paid for our respective bills, and we all headed out.

"This was a good time, we should do it again!" Exclaimed Sara.

"Yes, we should," said Ruth.

"Yeah," I agreed, and me and John exchanged glances. "Maybe next time we'll catch a movie or something."

"Sounds good to me!" Replied John with a grin.

When we made it to my truck Ruth and Sara exchanged hugs, and I shook hands with John. A minute later we were on our way home.

"So, do you think they'll realize that the cheesecake makes their lips taste like strawberry?" I asked Ruth with a chuckle.

"Oh, I hope so!" Answered Ruth, giggling. "You do know that I plan on tasting yours when we get home, right?" She teased.

"I'd be disappointed if you didn't!" I took her hand in mine and gave it a squeeze.

When back to the apartment Ruth latched her strawberry flavored lips to mine almost as soon as the door shut.

"Mmm, delicious," she murmured just before sliding her tongue in my mouth. Neither one of us were up for making love so soon after her heat cycle, but we did spend most the the remaining evening making out on the couch like a couple of teenagers!

Chapter 4

As we drove down the road I was somehow even more nervous than I'd been before meeting David's family. David had already had to ask me to ease up my grip because I was crushing his hand a couple times. It only got worse when I started recognizing where we were. The city and suburbs had given way to sparse countryside and farmland hours ago, and we'd been driving down two-lane highways for quite some time. On the way we passed a number of groups of people working outside mending fences and doing other sorts of winter farm work. They were all bundled up for the weather, but I felt bad that they had to work in the cold. There wasn't much sunshine either, but least there was very little snow on the ground. Among the workers were mostly centaurs, humans, and minotaurs. Occasionally we'd see a twelve to fourteen foot tall giant towering over the rest.. Unsurprisingly, the ones that caught my eye the most though were the minotaurs... other than the occasional glimpse at the exiled bull in the city, whom I took great lengths to avoid, I hadn't laid eyes on my own kind since I'd left. I couldn't help feeling a little nostalgic. A few of them saw me and pointed as we drove by. I didn't recognize them, and for the time being I hoped they didn't recognize me. Not before meeting with my father.

"Turn right up here," I said, noticing that we were coming up to the road that led to my home town. As the old familiar buildings passed by, waves of memories from my childhood came flooding back, bringing a tear to my eye. I was happy living in the city with David, but I missed my childhood home.

"We're getting low on gas," said David, pulling into an old station I used to walk to with father to get slushees in the summer, though it was far to cold to get one now. I sighed, hoping that he was well for the hundredth time since waking up.

"Ruth? Is that really you?" A familiar voice called out, barely audible through the closed window, pulling me out of my thoughts. I saw a very familiar black and white female minotaur approaching. I grinned and got out of the truck.

"Rebecca!?" She nearly tackled me in a hug! My heart felt like it nearly burst as we embraced.

"I was starting to think that you were gone for good!" She exclaimed when we separated.

"For some time I thought I might not be coming back again either."

"Hey, who's your friend?" Asked David, coming around the truck.

"This is Rebecca," I answered. "My best friend growing up. She helped me plan my trip when I left." David extended his hand but Rebecca had already turned back to me excitedly and didn't even notice. David looked a little annoyed at being brushed off so quickly, but didn't say anything.

"What are you doing back in town after all these years?" She asked and the pit in my stomachs came back.

"Actually, we're going to see my father." Rebecca's eyes turned up in a wide smile that made it all the way to her ears!

"You found a mate then, that's wonderful! Where is he?" My heart suddenly felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest and my tail flicked anxiously. I took a long, shaky breath before gesturing to David.

"Rebecca, this is David," I blurted out quickly. She looked at him for a second, then back to me.

"Ok..." she replied, clearly confused at my response. I glanced at David. He smiled at me reassuringly and remembering how he was willing to go head to head with his father over me I smiled back. I took another breath, and standing a little straighter I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together.

"David is my mate," I said as assertively as I could with how nervous I was. The confusion in Rebecca's face gave way to bewilderment.

"Oh..." she glanced between us, seeming to be unsure of what to make of my claim. After a minute of silence she spoke again.

"The Ruth that I knew would have never settled." She was quiet again and I couldn't tell what she intended with that statement. Fortunately she didn't make us wait long. "If she chose you as her mate, then you must be a good choice." I relaxed slightly, relieved at her response.

"Thank you Rebecca, for understanding." She shook her head.

"No, I don't understand," she said quietly, "but I do know that if you're anything like the brave young heifer I helped leave years ago, I don't have to." She looked at David. "However, I hope you understand what you've gotten yourself into."

"Yeah, I do," replied David, his gaze not wavering at all.

"Good." She sighed deeply before turning to me once more. "Be careful with your father. He'll be overjoyed to see you, but this..." she gestured between David and I, "might just put him over the edge he's been teetering on."

"What do you mean?" I asked, my anxiety returning.

"He kind of fell to pieces when you left. Mostly keeps to himself these days. I see him in town once in a while, and he's gotten pretty haggard."

"I see..." I said, starting to feeling guilty.

"Good luck. I hope to see you again soon." I smiled weakly.

"Me too." She started turning to leave.

"Wait a moment," I called out. After a moment of digging through the truck's glove compartment I found a napkin and a pen. I scribbled down my cell number I handed it to her. "Here. Whether or not I come back again likely depends on how my father reacts, but I don't want to be completely cut off again." Rebecca smiled, and carefully tore the napkin in two, putting the side with my number in her pocket. She took the pen from me and wrote her own numbers on what remained before handing it and the napkin back to me.

"Me neither. Bye Ruth."

"Goodbye."

"It was nice meeting you," David added politely, holding his hand out again. She stared at him scrutinizingly, but after a moment her expression softened and she shook it.

"I really do hope we meet again... after I manage to wrap my head around this whole thing."

"That's fair, it took us a while to wrap our heads around it too," David said with a chuckle. With that she left and a couple minutes later so did we.

"I'm glad you were able to see her," David said after we were driving again.

"Me too," I agreed.

"If you don't mind me asking, why'd she call you a heifer?" He asked.

"A female minotaur that has not given birth is a heifer. Afterwards they are a cow."

"You never told me that."

"In the city such words are almost exclusively used as insults, so I stopped using them shortly after arriving. It's been so long that I didn't think to say anything about it." He shrugged.

"Ok, that makes sense. What about 'bull?' You've used that before."

"I suppose 'bull' is fine because it doesn't have the same negative connotations. However, since leaving I've come to the opinion that it's a bit demeaning to use the same naming conventions as livestock, though I admit that's a bit of a double standard."

"I see," David said with a thoughtful look on his face. "If it makes you feel any better, I think of you as a woman. A smart, sweet, beautiful woman that I happen to be crazy about." I smiled as a warm glow spread through me.

"Yes, Darling. That does make me feel better."

I directed David to turn down a narrow dirt road that led away from town. After just one more familiar, but nerve-wracking mile we had arrived...

Pulling up to the tiny house that I once called home, I could see that it was very different than I remembered. The lawn and garden that I used to take care of had become overgrown with weeds and the trees surrounding the property were in desperate need of trimming. The wooden siding was filthy and in need of new paint, and the once bright yellow shutters on the front windows hung at an odd angle. I felt tears starting to form at seeing the place in such disrepair, and I started to worry even more about whatever condition my father was in. David drove to where the weeds were a little shorter and parked.

"Well, good thing I've got a truck," he muttered. "Don't think my parents sedan would have made it." He turned to me. "Sure this is the place?"

"Yes... I am sure," I answered with a heavy heart.

"It almost looks abandoned..."

"I know, but he's still here," I said, pointing out hoof prints in the sparse snow, as well as a trail of trampled weeds leading up to the door. I unbuckled, but before I had a chance to open the door David took my hand.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked and I nodded in a quick, jerky manner. "Good. Whatever happens in there, I'm here for you." I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"I know. Thank you, David."

We got of the truck and into the cold, wading through the thigh-high weeds to front door. After taking a deep breath I somewhat timidly rapped on the door. Movement could be heard from inside, and I held my breath as the locks rattled. There was a brief moment of silence, then the door flung open violently.

"FOR THE LAST TIME, LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOONE!" bellowed a massive black minotaur, loud enough to cause birds in nearby trees to fly away. Startled, both David and I jumped back!

When he saw me the rage melted away from his face and posture almost instantly. We just stared at each other for several tense moments.

"Hello, Father," I said quietly. A mix of expressions flew across his face. Surprise, anger, pain, confusion. When his emotional roulette came to a halt it seemed to have settled on relief and joy. His jaw started trembling, and he lurched forward, wrapping me in a hug that made me feel like a small calf again.

"I thought I'd never see you again," he said in a quiet, wavering voice.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

We stood there in each other's arms for well over a minute before he pulled away first. Father glanced at David and looked confused until he saw the truck, realizing that he had drove us here.

"Do you and your... friend want to come in?" He asked, almost sheepishly.

"Yes, we would." I waved for David to follow as we went inside.

There was a fire crackling in the fireplace, though it was too low to put out enough heat to fully warm the space. My heart broke yet again as I took in the state of the house. It was in just as much, if not more disarray than the outside. There were cracks and crumbles in the plaster walls and ceiling, the floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months, if not years, and it was easy to see the parts of the counter and shelving where my father used because everything else was covered in a thick layer of dust! There was also trash strewn about everywhere! My heart broke at the thought of my father being so devastated by my leaving that he'd let himself live in such squalor! I blinked back tears of guilt and sat down on the old sofa. A small cloud of dust billowed up and all over my clothes, but I didn't pay it any attention.

"I'm sorry about the mess," father said as he started scooping up handfuls of debris.

"It's fine," I reassured. He took a moment to throw away what he was already holding, but left everything else.

"I'd offer you something to drink, but I only have water."

"I would like that, actually. It was a very long drive, and I'm rather thirsty." He started turning toward the kitchen, but stopped when he remembered that David was still standing there. "Would you... also like some?" He asked slowly.

"I would appreciate that, thank you," David answered as politely as he could.

"Father, this is David," I said, figuring it was time for introductions. "And this is my father, Bruce." I could tell that David was quite intimidated, but to his credit he stepped up and held out his hand anyway. Despite being a giant amongst his own kind, compared to my father he looked tiny!

"It's nice to meet you," greeted David. Father reached out and his hand completely engulfed David's. Right in the middle of the handshake he froze. His nostrils flared as sniffed for a moment. He leered suspiciously at David for several seconds, then looked out at the truck again, which visible from the window. His expression softened and I let go of the breath that I didn't realized I'd been holding.

"Thank you for bringing my daughter home." He let go and went to the kitchen to get us our waters. David came over next to me.

"What was that all about?" He asked quietly.

"If I had to guess, he smells my scent on you."

"Oh..." muttered David.

"I think he's convinced himself that it's because we've been riding in the same vehicle for the last several hours."

"That's probably a good thing right now."

"I agree."

"I hope he doesn't think that you're staying either," he whispered.

"I don't know, but I'll say something. For now it might be best if you just stay in the background."

"Yeah, you're probably right." He went back over to where he was standing earlier, right as my father came back into the room.

He handed off the drinks and sat down in his rocking chair. The thick wooden beams used in its construction creaking from age and the load that they supported. David decided to stay standing, which I thought was probably a good decision. There was an awkward silence for nearly a minute, though it gave me a chance to really look at him. The hair on his head had grown long and knotted. His fur was also matted and filthy, and when I hugged him earlier he smelled musty. He seemed like a shell of his former self, and knowing that my leaving was what prompted the change, making me feel guilty once more.

123456...8