All Comments on 'Beauty Meets her Beast Ch. 05'

by peaches07

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice

Why am I falling for this so much I feel myself actually caught up in your story keep it up. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Part 6...?

I enjoyed this installment a great deal. Giving her an alternate and more normal suitor was brilliant; not only were we able to see how madly in love she is with Adam, but we also got a chance to see what a romantic she is, which may end up being to her detriment if a happy ending is not in the cards. As far as Regina, I'm not sure I'm entirely sold on Regina's character. I get that her appearance is supposed to be a plot twist or different from more traditional variations of this story, but the idea of a promiscuous, haughty lord's wife ressurected back from the dead seems contrived and rather forced; I do not mean to insult, but she pales in comparison to the other characters you've given such rich detail to. Gavin had more of a place in the plot than Regina. And that is the extent of my criticism b/c I must admit that I am quite smitten with your written series and hope that you will continue to enthrall your faithful readers and commenters like myself in the peanut gallery. Keep up the good work!

qnm8qnm8about 9 years ago
UGHHH

I can't wait for Chapter 6!!! :)

KL88KL88about 9 years ago
Come on Chapter 6!

I love your story and I CANNOT wait for the next Chapter :D You have written this story so beautifully and have kept to the common themes in the original story. Please hurry with Chapter 6! x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I like the story overall and the writing is superb.

I also liked seeing how Belle is like when she's away from Adam, as well as her interactions with her family.

The only issue I have with this chapter is how she doesn't seem to really think about how others would feel when she doesn't give an explanation for the way she is acting.

I suppose one doesn't owe anyone an explanation for one's behavior, but I feel there wasn't a good enough reason mentioned behind not telling her family or Gavin about fancying Adam or simply put, not feeling the same way about Gavin.

She's making one resolution after another as though she were doing it for the greater good but it's almost like she's not really taking others into consideration, despite telling herself that she is. Don't get me wrong: I still like her character and it's understandable that she'd take awhile to get to the 'right' conclusion, it's just that one certain aspect in this chapter that made it seem a little off and I don't think it's due to the case of creating a flawed character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I have lost all respect for Adam - he deceived Belle with his lies and sweet-nothings.

She almost lost her chastity to him for nothing.

And yet, she wants to see him again....Urghh!!......please grow a backbone!!

GrneyezGrneyezabout 9 years ago
The beast should have been in this chapter!!!!!

As I was reading all of Belle and Gavin's outings I was on edge waiting and hoping that Adam was going to show up. I wanted him to sweep in and demand answers from Belle and maybe try and fight Gavin(sorry Gav)!! I wanted him to be secretly watching and keeping tabs on Belle. I LOVE the scenes when the beast emerges!!!! Please keep that in mind and don't make the ending all gushy and lovely!! Pretty please! I would still like to see more scenes of Belle and her beast cause they are HOT!!! Love the story and can't wait for more 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Isn't this a touch...

Too Jane Eyre?

Still, well-written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love...love it!

Loved this chapter. I could feel Belle's pain. Great job retelling this story. I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter!!! Don't keep us waiting!! What a passionate love story!!!!

fefe428fefe428about 9 years ago
I kind of have to agree....

You really have taken this to the point where it's a cross between Beauty and the Beast and Jane Eyre....both of which are stories that I greatly enjoy, but it's very clear where you're taking your inspiration from for anyone whose read the classics.

Regardless, the story is exceedingly well written and I appreciate that you're updating often.

peaches07peaches07about 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks for all the feedback

I really appreciate everything, even the gentle guidance about where the story could use a little work. :)

While the Rebecca aspect was planned and intended from the beginning, the Jane Eyre bit snuck up on me. I didn't realize until after I calmed down from my writing frenzy that things were getting a bit more Mr. Rochester than Mr DeWinter. For anyone familiar with the two stories though, they are not so dissimilar. A young woman goes to a strange household where she meets the housekeeper, secrets about the man are revealed, and of course the climax near the ending of both is similar, but I won't reveal that for those who've yet to read the books/watch the movies.

Hopefully my subconscious mixing and matching the classics hasn't been too off-putting. Thanks for reading and sticking around this long. I'm working on chapter 6, so we'll see what track the story takes there...

xo

Peaches

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Great story...

Personally, I find it extremely unattractive when men are totally whipped by women who wrong them. If he really loved Belle he'd stick up for her, considering he had no issue unleashing his anger on Belle numerous times. What's hot is when a man knows what he wants and goes for it at whatever cost. I was at least expecting him to spy on her a little and get jealous about Gavin.

The fairy-tale and classic movie/literature similarities do not bother me at all, this is a fantasy site, you can create what you want from whatever inspiration - and people are really enjoying it. If everyone had to be 100% original with no link to any other theme or story... there would be no more stories.

mapili50mapili50about 9 years ago
Love it!

I love the story so far, but gotta admt that I was hoping Adam would get into a jealous rage over Gavin.

(Spoiler alert)

Jane Eyre always seemed like a story about convenience vs. wild love/lust. Jane knew she was plain-looking, didn't have any suitors, and SHE returned to Rochester.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Love it! Please submit the next chapter soon! I hope they get married in the end - just like in the Beauty & the Beast classic! The in between story is the best part because anything can happen! Can't wait for more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Love the plot!!

Please keep the chapters coming ;) cant stop reading!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Next chapter?

I'm so excited for the next chapter I have been checking every single day! I hope it's coming soon :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hello? Dying here!

I need you to stop everything and keep writing, okay? You can live on cloud fluff and promises, or? :)

peaches07peaches07about 9 years agoAuthor
It's coming!

I'm working on it, I promise I won't leave you hanging for too much longer! ;) Just bear with me and I'll have it finished and posted soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Addicted!!

When is the next one coming? Can we at least get a date? This wait is too unbearable!

peaches07peaches07about 9 years agoAuthor
tonight!

Should be out tonight at midnight, or so it shows on my author page. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Is he in love?

I would have like to know that he indeed does care for her. Instead of Belle making the first move after Adam deceived her so wickedly, he was the one who was supposed to come for a visit not the other way around. And what of her family ? What would the explanation be since she doesn't really consider what they would feel like. ? I suppose she doesn't have to consider them , but family is family

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous