Becoming Monsters: Tidbits 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'd say that wasn't very fair, but it was. He's massive, and an experienced Brawler. Planned to go into MMA before the Change gave him several edges, and we traded protection for favors."

Jem stopped walking. "That's disgusting, and coming from me you can take that to the bank. He have any weaknesses we can exploit? Todd isn't exactly a Paladin type to be taking on Greater Demons."

"I know of one or two potential ones, but he's king of his little hill for a reason. Only person at Alpha Omega who could keep him in line was the Order Sponsor."

***

Much later, relaxing with a beer at home, Mr. Patrick Harrison's evening was disturbed by the angry buzz of a ring tone he reserved for exactly three people on campus. The Dean was one. The Bursar the second. The third?

"Professor Ruddertail, to what do I owe the pleasure of this call?"

"Are you out of your mind?" Others found him refreshingly direct. Mr. Harrison found him frustratingly so. Perhaps it was a difference of point of view.

"I assume that you saw the footage of today's Development League event, then? It was a runaway success by any measure. An incredible number of the students were quite creative and powerful in their applications. They just needed the opportunity."

"Yes, I've reviewed the imagery. Now, I'll say it again. Are you out of your mind? Seventy-four students on that field, including six I was keeping my eye on directly. They were not ready, not for this. You know we were preparing for more controlled circumstances, greater safety measures! At least two that I saw will need further medical attention, if they even realize it. Four days of data that now have to be re-accounted for after this impromptu stunt of yours."

"Relax, Otterly. This isn't the first time I've run an accelerated training program."

"Yes, and how did the last one turn out?" Patrick felt that was entirely uncalled-for. It was no fault of his that his team's opponents were not conditioned to his standards, nor that a fatality had resulted from the difference. "You are toying with my students now."

"Don't get your whiskers in a knot. In case you forgot, you're a professor. Not the Dean. Not our sponsors. Just be happy I waited this long to get started. Goodbye." With that Patrick hung up. His beer was still cold, and he wanted to enjoy it that way.

12