All Comments on 'Belle'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Great story, great romance, my friend. Wow! Five stars. Randi.

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

I might not be completely impartial, but I love that story and am glad you submitted it.

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 2 years ago

I feel like I've been stuck on a roundabout that I couldn't get off of. How many times did the couple have the same conversation about the Tour, money, his business, her swing--four? five? six? The only character who was mature and likeable for me was Elsie--everyone else acted like a spoiled, immature brat who just had to have everything his or her own way. The word "compromise" did not seem to be in anyone's vocabulary. I also didn't understand why some sentences ended without any punctuation mark, but I'm sure that was just an editing oversight. I gave you 4 stars because I'm a sucker for true love, and this was definitely in the right category, but I think if you had stopped about the third time around the roundabout and had the couple exit to marriage, it would have been a tighter, better tale. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for this impressive story. Blending golf and architecture was perfect. The clash and deep love between Belle and Carl was well developed and well crafted. This is also a story that makes you think - the role of men and women, value systems that are changing about relationships and how true love can prevail. This is a very tight piece of writing and I have enjoyed reading many of your earlier pieces of writing. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear Sir. I don’t know if this is a true story or not ! But if I was in your Shoe you screw up Two Years of Her Life and Your Life. I would died to has someone Coach me when I was young. Now at 64 my golf game is Ave. You need now to Respect your Wife and be Her Coach. Hell you Asshole you Both Could Been on the Tour. Bye the way you waste some many Chapters on being a Dick head. Sometimes you have to Grow up Dude. Like Dad Said this is not the Stone Age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I realized at the top of the 3rd page this was a big time Cagivagurl ferminist story. Didn't read anymore and didn't score it.

IABHIABHover 2 years ago

What was the winning bid? What did her kiss do? Can’t be both an 8 and 9 iron. Many closing quotes missing. Y instead of my. Sloppy considering you had three helpers/editors. Heck, I miss stuff when I edit my own stories too, so it is what it is for a free story.

That stuff aside, it was a lovely story and I felt the angst between them. Technical issues notwithstanding, it was a five for me. Well done.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

Fabulous story. 5 big stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was very apt to read this story as we have the Ladies British Open here next week!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dumb fucker finally got some sense

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I always prefer your stories that are set in NZ than the UK and this is no exception. Most of the time it’s your female characters that are annoying so it was refreshing to see the male protagonist acting like a jerk for once. Very good story.

darthnader19darthnader19over 2 years ago

Enjoyed it overall but Carl had to the worst character I've ever read jeez.

As always keep up the great writing

kiwifordkiwifordover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story .... i lived around that area for nearly 15 years but now live closer to Dunedin and know who "The Bats" were. I liked the character development and have worked with plenty of people who behave just like this. Who doesn't like a happy ending?

kiwianne12kiwianne12over 2 years ago

You made me so annoyed with that guy! I wanted to hit his head, kick his arse. Something violent to knock some sense into him.

But then I thought, you as a good writer had captured me so I brought into the characters and story. That is the skill of a craftsman.

Great work. We enjoyed it.

Anne Allan and Susan.

dbrok1dbrok1over 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable. I cannot play golf properly either. I could do with a coach! I could drive tours of Europe!

dc6370dc6370over 2 years ago

Loved the story! Fantastic job!

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Ellie May, eh? I can imagine Donna Douglas with a nine iron standing by the cement pond. The rich are different from us. They have money.........

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 2 years ago

I only read in the romance category, so this is the first story I've read from this author and I liked it. Epic with a happy ending, I'd like more so thanks for sharing.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

They were on a hamster wheel for most of the story which repeated itself a lot but in the end it worked out ok. 4*s. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry to say, I didn't even finish page 1. As soon as dickhead had a problem with her paying the check, I knew this was going to be another one of "those" stories.

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago
Whiney

Read thru page 5, got so sick of Carl's whiney ass, I gave up. Shame, i love golf, and this could have been so much better..

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am a Kiwi man and don't know any others who would be as pig-headed as Craig and let his pride damage the relationship with the woman he professes to love. He does the entire country a disservice as readers might assume we are all like him. I bet his parents would have told him to stop being a fucking wanker and to join her on the tour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had mixed feelings about this story. Carl was an irritatingly stubborn prick and I bet his mother would have smacked him around the ears and told him to grow the fuck up and chase his true love.

But it was this stubborn streak that enabled him to become a successful architect and then get together with Belle on "even" terms (even in his mind).

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Great story. Five stars all the way. I’m not sure if the file transfer or something inserted errors, but some paragraphs ended in the middle of a sentence, a few sentences ended without punctuation, random extra spaces appeared as did a few random words that clearly didn’t belong. Even so, it was a completely enjoyable story by a talented writer. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All she wanted was her own spoilt way. True he was over stubbon about paying his own way , but they could only see their own selfish position. He was right it was ok if they got their way but never once considered what he wanted. He had a gift as well and wanted to use it, but others feelings never mattered to them as they had money and thought that gave them the right to control others, for their ends. They wanted him as a cuck. Its funny in a strange way but most female writers work out the same way and should look at it with the ball on the other foot. There needs to be more true equality in the world by both male and females. Think of their spouse doing the same as them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry I think you dragged out his stupidity for to long!! He couldn’t of been as bright as the picture u tried to paint of him and not realize his TRUE VALUE sooner I just couldn’t read it anymore after about the 5th page

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great storey, great locations, Nelson, Ruby Bay, Mapua, know it well, spent some nice evenings at the boating club, have sailed in and out of there a few time.

Waikiekieboy

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800over 2 years ago

Carl was so frustrating he was driving me nuts. His pride and his way is the only way was driving me nuts. What, he couldn’t help a friend out, and Belle was certainly more than a friend. It all worked out in the end but his stubbornness almost screwed it up.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Partway through and I can't understand why anyone real would be interested in Belle. She is a titanic slut that can't keep her legs closed.

Every time he doesn't go on tour with her, she fucks a baker's dozen.

I'm certainly not impressed with how wimpy Carl is as he sticks his dick in the sewer she uses for a cunt.

She seriously can't keep her fucking legs crossed until her and Carl can have some time???

He had like one girlfriend besides her and she has fucked hundreds?!?

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

P.S. Carl was a fucking wimp for even talking to her after learning what a faithless slut she was.

This was pretty gross.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Some have complained about Belle's other sexual partners while they were "dating " but I might point out they where never exclusive. My main issue is that Belle nor her family ever respected his dreams and aspirations. It was always about Belle being a #1 golfer! Never mind Carl was becoming an award winning architect in his own right! Their attitude was drop everything for Belle. I respect Carl's decision not to be a hanger on, perhaps not his reasoning and I found it frustrating for a normally articulate man to be unable to adequately express his reasoning for not wanting to take her money. It was a well written tale but Carl was a bit of a caricature of sextet men. Finally the ending left me cold. It just rushed to a pre-ordained conclusion. Belle nor her family truly acknowledged his dreams or aspirations,they thought him obstinate an selfish.. and he rolled over in the end, somewhat like a Hallmark movie

SecretAgentHubbySecretAgentHubbyover 2 years ago

The story covered the same back and forth between the characters over and over again. We get it they were both too selfish until he wasn’t. Also the ending seemed rushed.

ewray321ewray321over 2 years ago

The story was great. But the ending was rushed. Still 5 stars.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This is a very disturbing piece. Yes it is well written and frankly once started you have difficulty putting it down. The tale, at its core is an exploration of two antithetical world views: feminism vs traditional. Belle, her parents, and her whole entourage are NOT about golf. Belle is almost a feminist avatar/super hero. She is driven, independent, grossly arrogant, blatantly sexually promiscuous, utterly self centered and committed towards being dominant in her chosen field of golf. The author spends a great deal of time romanticizing and putting rouge upon what is frankly a wonton self centered bitch of a pig. In spite of her great beauty, Belle is at her core a really unattractive person.

The protagonist is the avatar of traditional values. He is a gentleman, self made man who is frankly seeking a loving sharing traditional relationship. He loves Belle...sadly because she and the author do not give him any opportunity to act out that traditional loving relationship with the utterly selfish Belle. This conflict in world views is the core issue of this sad tale. He like the cursed sailer in Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner who after killing or capturing the albatross (Belle) is cursed to eternally drift on an endless ocean. The protagonist tries every possible way to live with his love for Belle...but she simply does not REALLY unconditionally love him. As with all feminism...the male must submit, cravenly submit to the dominant alpha bitch female.. The protagonist fully recognizes this...and most of the work documents a rather sick approach avoidance dance of progressive surrender of any male pride and respect to the alpha bitch Belle.

She never once surrenders her self centered obsession. Her quest for dominance at any price is portrayed almost as a grail quest by the author. The sad surrender by the male into the almost castrato of house husband for their child is one of the most pathetic transformation I have ever come across. Note here...this is a unilateral surrender by the husband, The alpha bitch feminist role model Belle...merely takes a couple of years off to have HER child and return to the the professional golf circuit, Note here....the conclusion is a sad return to the original state....Belle is back on circuit....presumably free to engage in multiple sexual partners while her husband wears the apron does the housework and takes care of the children...BY HIMSELF at their "home."

He becomes one of the most pathetic wimp cuckolds in writing...

And make no mistake...the author is NOT exploring this subject....the entire piece is framed in the dominant female feminist world view. The repeated attempts by the protagonist to break through Belle's shell utterly fail.... the Husband assumes the role of complete emasculation applauded by her family and the world... The author has used the utterly persuasive literary tool of having the reader walk in the character's shoes to convert us to a feminist world view.

That frankly is rather sad...I do not come here to be subjected to this type of sophistic trickery. I find the conclusive emasculation of the protagonist into a cuckold shadow slave to be a disgusting travesty.

This is a really well written propaganda piece...but we deserve honesty...Thus I give it 1 star...

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

@Mr. 111:

No, I'm pretty sure it's just a fucking story, and a great story, at that. I know; you don't know shit. I edited it and am personally acquainted with the writer.

"Two antithetical world views," you say, "feminism vs traditional."

By "traditional," do you mean "before 1920?" That would be before women gained the right to vote in the US. Is "traditional," before 1964? That would be before racial discrimination was against the law in the US. By "traditional," do you mean Old Testament "tradition," where women were forced to marry their rapists, could not own property or hold public jobs? What do you mean, exactly, by "traditional?"

What do you mean, exactly, by "feminism?" Do you refer to women receiving equal pay for equal work? Are you talking about women having access to voting, education, employment promotions?

I am afraid, Mr. 111, that you see a binary, zero-sum world. I will accept your premise. There are two diametrically opposed world-views: that of feminists, and that of sexist assholes. You seem to be one of the latter.

Belle, you say, is, "...as with all feminism... the male must submit, cravenly submit to the dominant alpha bitch female..." She is "...driven, independent, grossly arrogant, blatantly sexually promiscuous, utterly self centered and committed towards being dominant in her chosen field..."

And yet, those are the very traits you "traditional" men admire in other men. Anyone who doesn't support a driven, independent, committed woman, while at the same time pimping those traits in men is a blatantly sexist pig. Trust me, such a woman wouldn't look twice at you. I hope you meet one someday. It will be such a terrifying experience for you that you will pee yourself.

As a " driven, independent, arrogant, blatantly sexual and committed woman," all I can do is invite you to suck my dick. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Actually I think “Mr. 111” hit the nail on the head.

Every time he made a stand to her she disregarded what he had to say & repeated the same approach to him. Send money to get him to come to her.

It never worked because he needed to be his own man.

Neither she nor her father could or would understand that.

I’m glad finally they at least came around.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with Mr.111 also. She came across very arrogant. I'm richer than you, so why not work for me and be my little puppy. He had old world values, which it seems these days doesn't mean much. What's wrong with paying your own way and being your own boss. Why give up your dreams to be a flunky for a spoiled rich slut who spreads her legs for anybody. I can't believe how many readers think he was a wimp. On the contrary, just the opposite. Why should he play second fiddle to a spoiled brat and drop his own dreams. So much for that. Overall it was a good story, interesting, even at times irritating. The end, I felt, was rushed. All that hoopla and then two paragraphs at the end all is well with the world. But it's the author's story, we don't have to agree with it, just be entertained. It did that. Let's just say I liked this story better than most of the Loving Wives stories this author posts.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

"The story covered the same back and forth between the characters over and over again. We get it they were both too selfish until he wasn’t."

Sorry, I'm quoting a comment from 'SecretAgentHubby' below. He nailed it. Good story, but could/should have been much shorter. The repetitiveness kind of dragged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great!

Nasty56Nasty56over 2 years ago

Great story! Like the fact that he maintained his right to have his own life ambitions. It’s not being “ancient” to accomplish something, to be your own. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I couldn’t get past the fifth page I got so tired of your whining sniveling dumb shit attitude! Waaa waaaa waaa what a pussy this Carl guy was! Carl couldn’t step out of his self deprecating shadow long enough to see just how valuable he actually was

DoctimeDoctimeover 2 years ago

First of all, I liked it! However, if I divide it into 2 parts I feel the first part is way to repetitious and the two year long ending was predictable and way to abbreviated. Sort of, “Oh my God, I’ve run out of room. Sorry, but I’m an Alpha male and an older male who always paid the bill.

JusteenKJusteenKover 2 years ago

I love happy endings but quite frankly the main protagonist was a prick. Anybody that insecure is most likely a bust with the ladies.x

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Longer

Longer than is necessary and why she would want to marry such a self opinionated,arrogant always right arsehole is beyond me.

kuu123kuu123over 2 years ago

I thought about writing down my thoughts but Nestorb30 said it better than I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First, a well written story that hold my interest from beginning to end. That said, as a love story it never worked for me. Too many differences between them that were never solved You pulled that string right to end when, once again, she forgot about him. You repeated the same plot over and over and over again to the point of exhaustion but never gave a solution out of it. None of your two MC are likable persons. I couldn't care less about them getting together or not. You have great writing skills but you basically repeat the same problem getting nowhere and offering no solution. In short, as a love story it sucked big time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but it was a little too long and too repetitive. If I hear her Father tell him one more time not to be insecure, I'll scream! In the end it was disappointing that he sold the better house WITH the driving range (how unlikely was a house with a driving range that was trying to be environmentally friendly?) to his father-in-law? And how does being a good manager have anything to do with an architectural practice? By extending the story so far and constantly harping on his not wanting to go on tour with her, you made him seem like an insecure jerk. It seemed a little unfair to his point of view. In the end, after all those pages, you seemed a little rushed. They had a baby and spent two years on the Pro tour in less than a paragraph. The biggest dagger was when you had her parents become their neighbors. Who wants in-laws for neighbors?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

CARL IS ONE STUCK UP PRICK AND THE LONGER THE STORY DRAGS THE MORE CARL LOOKS LIKE AN AH. HE WAS ONE BIG LOSER

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

CUNT CARL DOES NOT WANT TO WORK FOR A WOMAN!

CUNT CARL DOES NOT BELIEVE THAT A WOMAN CAN PAY HER WAY!!

CUNT CARL WANTS A WOMAN AS AN EQUAL YET HE IS A BIGOT!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story that just dragged for three quarters of it and ended in a sudden rush

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It started out promising, but I lost interest in it when Carl was portrayed as an insecure macho dinosaur from a previous age.

Unfinished stories used to be my pet hate on Lit, but that is fast being replaced by authors pulling up outdated bullshit from the 1960's about the guy having to pay for everything. Even for the Literotica Universe that concept is so overused that it is just so flogging a dead horse.

I am of the age that the 60's was my dating era. My parents were conservative and rigidly enforced their views about chivalry on us. Opening doors for ladies, letting the lady go first, paying for the date, never ever ever hit them, always defer to them coz just coz you are physically stronger than them that does not give you the right to hurt them. I know, its now called sexist misogynism, but it was what was socially accepted way back when.

So we always expected to pay for our dates meals or entertainment tickets etc. But all of my mates would quite willingly acquiesce and let our date pay her own way if she suggested it. We would be like "Yeah a cheap date. How good is that. I must take her out again. Now I can buy more beer tomorrow.

So I really struggle even in this fictional world of Literotica where so many authors use this non existent ploy based on a fantasy that the man has always got to pay, and that it so much of an attack on his manhood that he would be willing to walk away from his potential loved one rather than let his beloved girlfriend fork out some money.

I am not sure if the authors are trying to portray him as a misogynistic arsehole, or as the the strong silent type of old fashioned super hero.

So that's my rant.

penneydog55penneydog55about 2 years ago

Gee I enjoyed it. Apparently others thought differently. But Hey No complaints from Me.

5🌟👍😁

Anita71Anita71about 2 years ago

wonderful, wonderful, a warm and amazing story

thank you

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Dont

Don't see how Belle could marry him.He is nothing but an arrogant self opinionated arsehole and control freak.The only type of wife suitable for him would be a submissive,so the ending with them getting married doesn't work for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved this story. It shares truly the difficulties of solitary professional sport, perhaps seamen/women would be similar. Only objection was the endless repetition of the same argument which became tiresome. Well done 5/5.

ianbailey171ianbailey171about 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. Yes, it was long but a pleasure to read. To have so much detail early in the story was great. My only criticism would be that the end was rushed and the detail seemed left out of the ending. With that said I quite happily re-read the story to pick up on the bits I missed and enjoyed it for a second time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very long story about 2 stubborn people. On top of that the ending was rushed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Carl was a hard guy to root for. He had some legitimate issues with her, but was way too inflexible. He really needed to compromise a bit. Belle needed to take his thoughts and feelings more into consideration. She was a bit self absorbed and selfish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

loved it!..but, leaving the ball laying on the far side...lying is correct

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it. While the characters were not storybook they were real. And it was very well written. I am not a golfer I even enjoyed the golf parts

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the different pace of your story and he did have a point - up to a point. My wife makes more than I do but we have three accounts. Her checking, my checking and a household account for travel and such but all three accounts have BOTH names on them and it works well. Keep up the good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

CARL WAS A FIRST CLASS CUNT!! HE WAS A JEALOUS PROUD MOROSE PRICK. HE SHOULD HAVE MANNED UP AND MOVED ON AND AWAY AND FOUND SOMEONE BETTER THAN THE RICH BITCH BELLE!!

THIS WAS NOT ROMANCE, JUST CONFUSED PROUD TRASH

octo54octo54almost 2 years ago

Great story, but after 12 pages the ending was just a little bit short.

Harvey8910Harvey8910almost 2 years ago

This was a wonderful and well-written story. I loved it and gave it 5 stars. The tension between Belle and Carl was real and it looked hopeless until the solution in the end with Thomas taking over management of the business while Carl traveled the world with Belle. The birth of Ellie May changed their life once again at the end of the story. Wonderful story. I really enjoyed it and I could understand the story in a way many people cannot. I am an avid golfer and I play 150 time per year and they are all 18-hole outings.

DadieODadieOover 1 year ago

One of the best ive read really enjoyed it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again a well spun story,again you have a similar theme but your writing gets you a hall pass.I am a dinosaur,I simply cannot see how two people in love can have sex/affairs with others and claim to be in love. That scenario is totally unrealistic to me.... good writing though...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You had til the end and then WTF.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with anon from 5 days ago "I simply cannot see how two people in love can have sex/affairs with others and claim to be in love." I see it as cheating and can write up a list of all he dangers it opens.

But in the rest of the world it is going on. What we consider silly/foolish "it's just sex" is the morality today of over 50% of he people in places like Canada, the USA, Australia and the author's home land of New Zealand. The other half of the equation: they don't see marriage as being "until death do us part."

It's a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave a 5 star rating, as your writing is A+.

Like others, I have difficulty reconciling a "Romance" story with her having multiple sexual partners throughout. Her evening with Craig, dismissively telling Carl to get them a drink, was over the top.

Unfortunately the ending was abrupt, in my humble opinion.

Nonetheless, enjoy reading your works.

G

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

A very good story, certainly a 5. Two people madly in love.

At the beginning Carl was right. If he had joined Belle and taken her money, she would have lost all respect to him over time. It's not a question of who makes more, she will have all the power.

Did they find a way to be together? I'm not sure. Is their way of living good for the kids? It's ok when the children are two years old but later when they are older and need a stable environment, friends, schooling? Will Carl stay at home and Belle will travel and have flings again?

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Good story, but little errors scattered thinly throughout which was frustrating, plus you didn’t really articulate his desire for success in his own field properly, just his understandable reluctance to being a kept man. It was obvious they both had hair trigger tempers, so I’m really sure this would have lasted the distance in real life. 4⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like your writing but Carl had real issues. Partners support each other and he was never willing to bend at all. It was a toxic relationship, not sure why she kept going back... frustrating!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, if that bodes well for current romances, I'll leave them to you.

Personally, I see no love, no communication, understanding, concession, sharing...

Instead, it's filled with selfish and self-centered, immature people, filled with personal envy, judgment by money, sex and lust by a bitch, and handjobs by a jerk.

Really everything for a love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's strange how in this type of story where the characters say they love each other, it's always the woman who plays the long-awaited role of the bitch who fucks without any scruple, and the man who is invested with judgment of high morality and therefore refuses to fuck other partners and at the limit (but really at the extreme limit) authorizes himself to carry out beautiful, delicious and tasty handjobs.

How beautiful love is.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Good read but left me with a bitter taste.

The word that came to mind regarding this story and its characters is Superficial.

This seems to reflect today's relationships where everything happens instantaneously, without waiting, without patience, without sharing.

The author was able to represent this new type of relationship very well, where people play and live their lives without partnership and without concession, and are therefore united for a limited time in support of their personal life objective.

But unfortunately, if there was sex and passion, I felt neither love nor romance.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Another outstanding story with strong characters, important details and honest drama. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There are a lot of comments that reflect bits of how I felt about this story so I'll try not to re-hash them in detail (she's insensitive, rich and spoiled, he's rigid and chauvinistic, they're both unlike-able and it's hard to see the romance when they're both sleeping with other people and especially when she's rubbing it in his face) but my biggest incongruity is Thomas's lack of understanding of Carl. For a guy who gets upset at being called a stuck up rich snob because he built his law practice up on his own from nothing, Thomas seems to have no respect or appreciation for Carl's desire to build a successful career and provide for his family; it seems like Elise is the only one who even sort of gets it. In a semi-functional world with decent human beings, Thomas would have served as a moderating voice to his daughter and a mentor to Carl to try to make his daughter happy with a fulfilling relationship

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I m so glad I am 2 years into a committed relationship to the exclusion of all others. I am a one woman man and she is a one man woman. Being both retired makes it easier, this story really brought out the difficulties for 2 career minded people to achieve a balance between their careers and their relationship, especially where a lot of travelling is involved.

To nitpick there are a few editing errors such as at the top of page 11, it is immersed not emersed. I get the impression from the number of homophones that occur in many stories that writers are using dictation software, or else they are illiterate!

Otherwise a well written and entertaining story even if the 2 MCs were not very likeable. Not the lifestyle for me!

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeover 1 year ago

After reading a few pages I felt if only the two MC can die quickly. Two horrible characters deserved each other at the best.

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 1 year ago

Your new story prompted me to come back and read this one probably for the third time though back in the day, I voted but rarely ever commented. Sorry for that. This was a good read and a very satisfying conclusion. I've read some of the negative comments below and I recognize them as some of the ones I get on mine. I kind of had an 'aha' moment. Some people like to read stories where the characters are so perfect, so flawless, they remain truly 2-dimensional. I'm glad you don't write them that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I tried. I really really tried. I made it to page 7. But Thomas, Carl and Belle are all unmitigated irredeemable arseholes. It’s like they all dies and went to hell, and their punishment is to have to deal with each other for all eternity. Fortunately I am able to bail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Man-hating cunt writer wrote Carl out to be PROUD and full of himself

EmotionalEmotionalover 1 year ago

Thank you for all the work

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed it a lot. These two finally, finally worked it out. You had me wondering how this going to fail, but you were kind to your two lovers.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Becoming an item was a hard work ….. compromises are hard to find then both searching success and both ego’s hitting the roof ….. this time the soul bonding was strong enough to overcome time and patiently the love one out the ego …… a wonderful lively story and im always amazed about the details, doesn’t matter what you writing about, i feel drawn into ….. thank you for this fab golfer introducing

⛳️ ⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️✨✨✨✨✨✨💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

jupitercreekjupitercreekabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story...flawed characters that had their own problems/issues to get through before they could finally look past their own interests and realise that they were better together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You write phenomenal romances but not enough of them. These characters seemed unable to see each other's POV and I fear what Ellie May's life will be like when her parents can't see how each other think. There were some grammatical errors, some sentences are just plain missing or cut off completely. However, this is easily one of your best stories with deeply flawed characters who were obviously in love with each other.

thruholewizardthruholewizardabout 1 year ago

Another good story by this author. I do agree the ending was much too rushed, it would have been great to see them getting along and marrying and planning their lives together.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I have to admit that you write great romance tales when you decide to write one. A nice change from other stories, though good,tend to feature husbands with weak backs and no resolve. Though

I am not a romance fan,this type is easy to handle.You did well,it's a winner...5 stars...On the negative side I surely do not understand why a man would even want to marry a women who has no qualms about a revolving door to her bedroom. Tough time respecting your male MC on that..JZK..

JRandyJJRandyJ10 months ago

Carl was a jerk!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

They must have realized they couldn't live without each other, They found their love was strong enough to take a break and have Ellie May, and finally be a family! 20 stars!

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle5310 months ago

Carl reminds me of Roark in The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

Your long form stories are always your best.

linnearlinnear10 months ago

Wonderful writing and a good story but I have to say Carl was such a whiner.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Enjoyable, fun, sexy, great read! Thank you!!

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

Ponderous and repetitive Femdom agitprop. I would never have been able to get past her “dating” on the road.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed the story about two flawed people with their own issues managing to overcome them to be able to get together. The various errors in the script didn't stop me from liking this but if they had been corrected I'd have liked it much more. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent!

Storm113Storm1135 months ago

Loved the story, 5*. However the MC wasn't very believable. Too misogynistic. I'm an old fart, and even more old fashioned than my age, but nowhere near as bad as this guy. Also, the story ended too abruptly. Still 5*. I don't rate by mechanics, I rate by entertainment value, and this did that well.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

SIMILAR Stories