Beneath the Watchful Ginkgoes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Look after her for me," he begged Astrid. "She's the dearest person left in my world."

"I will," she promised him, her eyes sparkling with tears she'd not yet shed. "For all our sakes, I swear it."

She held my hand as we walked to the bus stop. Neither of us said a thing at first; but she knotted and her fingers in and out of mine. I waited patiently, knowing that she would speak when she was ready.

"You're awfully quiet, Becca," she said, at last. She stared down at me; I shivered as she stroked my cheek with her fingertip.

"Just... giddy and processing," I answered.

"I hope I didn't scare you..."

"I'm not scared. Not exactly. Just... a bit overwhelmed. I... didn't expect to be here again. Like this. With... with someone who wants to be mine like you do. Forever."

"I'm glad you decided to fight for me in the end," she said. Her eyes were dark, and I shivered as she leaned forward to kiss my brow.

"It's getting cold," she said. "Come. Let's go home so I can warm you up again."

She smiled - there was just the merest dash of wickedness in her eyes - and I felt like my heart would burst from the knowledge of how much she loved broken, unworthy little me.

We walked into the deepening dusk - homeward bound - and I was not afraid.

Because I had my bright and beautiful Morning Star beside me every step of the way.

1...345678