Betrayed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He moved his finger to his open mouth making a gagging motion. I wonder what it was that he was talking about.

"Okay. Love you too. Bye."

He pressed the end button and said, "Don't ask." He grabbed my bag and we walked into the elevator entrance.

I caught his eye and he gave me a wide smile that made me tingle.

"We are going to be fine," he said. "They have no way to track us to Lisbon. If they did, they still couldn't find us here."

I smiled and nodded. I didn't feel as confident as he sounded.

*********

As soon as we walked into the apartment, another man checked my bag. I guess he was looking for bugs or something. Finding nothing, he handed it back.

It was a large and nicely appointed penthouse condo that had two levels. I was glad that I wouldn't be kept in a cramped little apartment.

Jackson showed me to my room and it too was very nice. I sat on a chair in the corner and stared at him with my arms folded across my chest. After a few moments, he got the hint and continued the reason for our going into hiding.

"Where was I?"

"Cameras."

"Right. When Steven found the cameras, he figured you were spying on him to catch him cheating on you and hadn't removed them. He went into a panic. He called Ava and I have that conversation recorded from Ava's side. This was recorded last night."

He pulled out his phone and played an audio file.

"Hi, Daddy."

"Ava, we've got trouble. I found cameras in my house."

"Security cameras?"

"No, damn it! Cameras your mothers installed to spy on me."

"Oh shit!" She said.

"Yeah, oh shit. She knows everything we've talked about in here."

"Going back how far?"

"I don't know, but we have to assume the worst. I've disabled and removed them all and I had my security Chief sweep the house. There are none left."

"Dad, she can't know about our plan for Jackson. She would have stopped the wedding."

"No, we have to assume she knows. She's probably holding back so she can blackmail me. That fucking bitch!"

"So, if she knows that we're going to kill Jackson so I can take control of his company shares, we have to kill her too."

"That's what I'm thinking as well, Ava. We have to play this carefully. We have to get the recordings from her first."

"How do we do that? I haven't spoken a word to her since the divorce."

"I'm going to send some boys to her condo. They will be very persuasive."

"Okay, Daddy. Let me know how it goes."

After the recording finished he looked up at me and before I knew what was happening, he pulled me into a hug.

As I sobbed into his chest, I struggled to catch my breath. The realization that my daughter not only planned to have her husband killed, but she also wanted to kill me as well, destroyed me. I was upset enough that she had cut me out of her life, but her wanting me killed crushed my soul.

"Calm down, Lis. I've got you and I'll protect you," Jackson whispered.

He called me Lis. I almost melted in his arms, from his giving me a pet name.

Still, I couldn't breathe well enough to speak. I stuttered, "My...daughter...wants...me...dead."

"It's her father that did this to her. This is his influence," he said.

"Yes, but this is who she has become. It's been years since she was the sweet girl I knew and loved. He made her into a clone of himself."

"Hush now. My dad is already working with the District Attorney and police to get them arrested. I just wish I knew who put those cameras in. We need to get all of the videos. Can you think of anyone that would do that?"

"No. Could someone have hired an investigator as you did?"

"Maybe, but how would they get in to have them installed? I know the house. There's a man at the gate, security cameras, staff working inside, any number of people working outside, I just can't see how they could do it."

"I don't know, Jackson. How long do you think we'll have to stay here?"

"Until I'm told it's safe to go back. Even if they are arrested, you're still dangerous to them as a witness. Even if their plan for me is thwarted, you're still in danger."

"Oh, Jackson."

I sobbed into his chest again, feeling the wetness from my previous and current tears.

"I'm not leaving until I know you're safe. Don't worry about a thing. We can stay here as long as needed."

"Thank you," I said.

He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly. It was a moment of heaven surrounded by hell.

*********

I woke to the morning light streaming through the windows. I was momentarily shocked by my surroundings but remembered the prior day's events. I smelled coffee, so I decided to get up and start the day.

There was a plush robe lying on the foot of the bed and I put it on over my bra and panties. I struggled to remember getting undressed and then why I didn't put on my nightgown. I guessed I was too tired to dress for bed after the long emotional day.

Walking into the kitchen, I was surprised to see Jackson at the stove. The smell of the omelet he was making was incredible. On the table was an assortment of fresh fruit and some wonderful looking croissant.

"Good morning, Lis," he said without turning around. "The croissants are fresh and warm. Help yourself and I'll pour you some coffee."

He swirled the pan of eggs slowly and ran a spatula around the edges carefully.

"Thank you, Jax, and good morning," I said.

"Jax, huh?" He said turning around with a wide smile and a glorious pot of coffee.

I smiled and accepted the steaming cup he handed me.

"If you get to make up names for me, I feel I should have the same prerogative."

He laughed and kissed my cheek. He'd already showered and smelled divine. I wanted to taste him desperately.

"Fair enough. No one calls me Jax, so it's all yours."

He rolled the pan as he lifted the edges of the eggs, shook it smoothly, and then surprised me by flipping the omelet into the air.

"You've got hidden talents," I said as he sprinkled cheese onto the eggs.

Laughing, he said, "I love to cook. It's pretty much my only hobby."

He added some par-cooked mushrooms, onions, tomato, and red peppers, then folded it gently, waited a moment, and slid it onto the plate waiting patiently next to the stove.

After adding some salt and freshly cracked pepper, he set the plate in front of me.

"I can make you something else if you wish."

"No, this is perfect, thank you."

As I ate he said, "I've heard from my father."

"Oh? And?"

"It's not great news. The recording from my PI isn't admissible in court so they can't arrest them."

I couldn't believe it. I wondered if I would ever be safe.

He continued making his breakfast and hadn't turned around. I wondered why he was talking to me with his back turned. I understood that he was making breakfast, but I still found it slightly rude.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

He took the pan off of the flame and turned around.

"First, Lis, I need you to close your robe so I can look you in the eye rather than in the cleavage."

I gasped and quickly closed my robe with a face so red it burned from embarrassment.

He smiled and said, "Thank you, I was finding it difficult to talk to you while the girls were on display."

He turned back to his eggs and continued, "Second, we don't do anything. We wait for word from home that it's safe to go back. Until then, we relax in this beautiful city, eat amazing food, and have some good conversation about everything except Steven and Ava."

"What are you going to do about Ava?" I asked.

"Try for an annulment, I suppose. It seems clear that she only married me so she could get my family business."

He sat next to me and opened a jar of preserves.

"Do you like strawberries?" He asked. His inability to focus on one thing at a time was distracting. It was as if he was treating my daughter wanting to kill us as a non-issue.

"Yes," I said as he spread some of the preserves onto half of a croissant.

As he handed it to me he said, "You may think I'm taking all of this rather lightly, but I assure you I'm not."

Jesus! Was he a mind reader?

"I just choose to not dwell on things out of my control. I have complete trust in my father handling everything at home, so my concern is handling everything here."

I swallowed my last drop of coffee and he immediately refilled my cup.

"If you're up to it, I was thinking we could take a walk after breakfast. The architecture of the city is amazing."

"Is that safe?" I asked.

"The security team assured me that we can move around freely here. My soon-to-be-ex and your ex, don't know we're here and we do have surveillance on Ava. If they find out where we are, we will have plenty of advance notice to bug out."

"Where will we go if that happens?" I asked.

He smiled and said, "My mom has a friend the will let us stay at their chalet near the Swiss Alps."

I shook my head and went back to my amazing breakfast. I realized I hadn't eaten dinner the night before.

"How did you plan all this out so quickly, Jax? I thought you found out just before I did. But wait! You were already here when I got here."

He smiled and said, "Well, as to how we did it so quickly, my father and friends that he trusts with his life, have a set-up in place that they can execute immediately if needed. That 'network' set up a couple of houses in Europe and Asia to where they can escape in a hurry."

"Wow," I said.

"Lifestyles of the rich and powerful, Lis. I'm sure Steven has a similar arrangement somewhere."

I decided that I had no choice but to trust Jackson and his father. I'd done so the day before, being forced to fly away to my exile in Portugal. As long as we were safe, I figured I may as well enjoy the trip.

********

"So tell me what you're up to these days, Lis."

We were walking along a narrow street on our way back from an art museum.

"I'm just working."

"No suitors, I'd imagine you'd have a line down the block."

"Ha! No. No one wants a cast-off ex-wife. When Steven started the divorce and tried to make me out to be cheating on him, it sullied my reputation. I think most heard that it wasn't true, but that kind of thing follows a lady, you know?"

"No, I know you're not a cheater. I think everyone saw through that lie when Sarah turned up pregnant."

"Still though, I haven't had many come calling either. I haven't been looking though. I don't even know how to date. Steven was my first and only. Now I'm a thirty-nine-year-old woman, with no family, no friends, and nothing to enjoy."

He took my hand and stopped me. Turning my shoulders to face him, he said sharply, "Enough of that kind of talk. You're a beautiful woman who is still young and vibrant. Hell, you could have more children if you wanted."

I was shocked by his tone. I'd never seen him angry and it seemed as if he were.

I never thought that I would have a second chance to have another child. It was something I would be seriously considering. Maybe adoption would work?

I stared into his eyes for what felt like hours but was only seconds. Our bodyguard coughed out, "Ahem. Sir, Ma'am, we should keep walking when on the street."

Jackson broke our staring and said, "Of course, Simon. But when you're looking into eyes like hers, you sometimes get lost."

I swear I almost had an orgasm from his words. Damn, he was sexy.

"Oh, stop!" I said. "You don't have to tease me with platitudes."

He took my hand as we walked on and said, "I always tell the truth. You've got amazing Ice-Blue eyes. You know it's as if they shimmer reflecting light. You're a striking woman."

I slapped his arm playfully. "Don't be a flatterer. It's below you."

He smiled and squeezed my hand tightly.

********

He insisted on making me dinner. I wanted to cook him a nice meal, but he wouldn't allow it. He did let me pick out the wine from the wine rack in the pantry. He was making a simple pasta with tomato sauce, so I picked out a lovely Sangiovese.

After dinner, we sat together and finished the wine. He seemed miles away and not as talkative as before.

"What's wrong, Jax? You seem distant."

"I was just thinking about how stupid I was to marry Ava. I have no idea what I was thinking, getting involved with her in the first place."

I laughed and said, "You had no chance. She targeted you from the beginning after her father asked her to do so, of course. When I saw her in that skimpy bikini, that Fourth of July, I knew you were a goner. Your little head did all of the thinking for you at that point."

He smiled and said, "Yeah, but I should've seen through her. I've been very guarded over the years and I've never fallen for that kind of game before. Many have tried, I assure you."

"Of course they have. You're gorgeous and rich. I'd imagine any woman wanting to be in your bed."

"Any woman?"

He smirked as I blushed.

"Don't be a jerk. Yes, any woman."

His smirk changed to a wide grin. God! He could melt ice with his smile.

********

I wanted to make him breakfast the next morning, but he was up before me again. I took a second to admire what I was seeing.

"Hey, jerk! I was gonna make you breakfast today. You don't have to cook for me," I said.

"Good Morning, sunshine! Don't worry about it. I guarantee you'll never be up before me and I love to cook. Have a pastry and relax. Here's a fresh jam from the bakery. It's amazing."

He set a jar in front of me along with a cup of coffee. I saw that he had on a Bugs Bunny t-shirt and almost laughed at him.

"We have to talk about what's going on at home," he said.

"I saw that Ava called me twice after I went to sleep last night. She hasn't called me in months."

"Yeah. The new recordings have them talking about the guys they have staking out your condo not seeing you in two days. They also know that you haven't been to work. It's got them worried."

"What about you?"

"I've been in touch with Ava by text, which is normal when I'm away. She thinks I'm still in the Hamptons relaxing."

"Any update on how we can get them prosecuted?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said quietly. "I don't like it, but my dad and the police think it's the only way to catch them."

A wave of fear spread through me. I knew what they wanted. I was deathly afraid of it.

"They want me to go home and be the bait to catch them when they take me, right?" I asked.

"Yes, but I've already told them absolutely not. I won't have you put in danger."

"I'm already in danger, Jax."

"No, you're with me and you're safe here."

I knew they were right. It was the only way to stop them. I'd need to be taken by them. The only question was, would they do their worst in my condo, hoping what they are looking for is there? Or would they take me somewhere else?

It would be safest if they kept me in my home. There would be no risk of the police or Jackson's men not being able to find me. I would have to think about it, regardless of if Jackson wants me to do it or not.

"Jax, what about who installed the cameras in the first place. Surely they know by now that they have been removed."

"We still don't know. That's a huge mystery and honestly, my father is very concerned about that. There could be any number of reasons someone installed those, but the one I think makes the most sense is industrial espionage."

"Yeah, I don't know anything about his businesses and I never cared to know. I can't help in that regard."

"Would you like a frittata?" He asked, deftly changing the subject.

"Sounds good. Can it be spinach and tomato?"

"It can be whatever you desire. Your wish is my command."

With a flourish, he spun around and began to cook.

*********

That night after dinner, we sat in thought finishing our dinner wine. He was sitting on a chair and I was on a small couch. After he poured the last of the bottle, he went into the kitchen.

I was surprised when he came out with a magnum of a Chateau Monbosquet Bordeaux.

"Wow! You've opened up a big boy. Planning on drowning your sorrows?" I asked.

He laughed and said, "No, I like this wine and they only have the 1.5-liter bottle. I promise you'll love it. You may just want to finish that bottle."

And finish it we did.

At some point, Jackson sat beside me on the couch. As the night went on and the bottle drained, we got closer.

By the time the bottle was empty I was leaning back into his shoulder, reveling in his touch.

"You got me drunk, you pooper," I slurred.

"I can't help it you're a lightweight," he chided.

"I'm going to bed," I said as I tried to stand. That effort lasted a moment before I fell back onto his lap.

"Hey! I didn't order a lap dance," he said.

I threw my arm around his neck and said, "I don't do lap dances. I do lap rides."

He started to laugh and I kissed his open mouth. To my surprise and relief, he kissed back. Then I remembered that he was married to my daughter.

I pulled away and said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Please help me to my room."

He helped me stand and put his arm around my waist, leading me to my bedroom.

When we got there he sat me on the bed and knelt before me. He pulled my shoes off, then my socks. I was about to fall back into the bed when he caught me and pulled me back up to my seated position.

Pushing my arms into the air, he removed my t-shirt and I never considered stopping him as he unfastened my shorts and pulled them off.

My body was warming and I became extremely aroused. His touch made me shiver. I wanted to kiss him desperately, but I knew I shouldn't. My wine-fueled brain caused me to lick my lips in some drunk attempt at subtle seduction.

He smiled as he lifted my chin to look him in the eye. "I never kiss anyone by mistake," he said.

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Another time, another place, my Lis."

My Lis. Where did that come from?

Sitting before him clad only in my bra and panties, he stood up. Looking behind me, he reached around me and grabbed my nightgown.

He smiled as he slid it down my arms and over my head. Gently, he pushed me back onto the bed and slid it under me until I was dressed.

I looked at him, leaning over me. My body betrayed me as I could smell my arousal. Certainly, he must've as well. I was about to ask him to stay with me when he said, "Shh," and pulled the blanket over me. Lastly, he kissed me goodnight and said, "Goodnight, my Lis. Sweet dreams."

********

I woke the next morning with a nasty headache. I found some painkillers in the bathroom and popped a couple. Following the delicious aroma of Jackson's coffee, I made my way into the kitchen.

Jackson wasn't there but the thickly cut bacon was sizzling away in the cast iron skillet. I looked around but didn't see him anywhere. I poured myself a cup of coffee and opened my phone.

Again, there was a missed call from Ava, but there was also a text.

Mother call me. 911

At that moment I heard Jackson coming through the kitchen's exit door. It leads to the service elevator and back stairs. He saw me and slid his phone into his pocket.

"News from home?" I asked.

"Yeah, they found out we're in Lisbon. They don't know exactly where we are, but they found out you're here. Surprisingly, Ava thinks I'm still in the states. They don't know that we're together. After breakfast, we're heading to Switzerland."

"Jax, let's go home. I want to be the bait and get them caught in the act."

"No! No way. I'm not putting you at risk like that. We'll figure out another way."

"I've made up my mind. This has to end. As much as I enjoy your prison here, I can't stay here forever."

He paced the floor as the bacon sizzled away. I took it off of the burner and set it aside, waiting for him to agree that we have to do it.