Betrayed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello, Jackson, Alyssa," his mother said, giving cheek kisses.

"Hi, how was the trip?" Jackson asked.

"Amazing," she said. "I swear, I'm retiring to Spain whether your father comes along or not."

His dad laughed and said, "Yes dear." Which made Jackson and his mother laugh along.

She noticed I wasn't laughing and touched my shoulder, "Are you alright, dear? You seem out of sorts."

"I think I'm just tired. I'll be fine," I said as Jackson led us into the restaurant.

Jackson's father ordered a nice Prosecco to have with our appetizers and I turned a glass down. Jackson pressed it saying, "It's a really good wine, Lis, try some."

"I said no."

"Wow, you must really not be well to turn down good wine," Johnathon his father said with a chuckle.

Jackson's face showed concern and his mother glared at his father with the universal wife look for 'shut up.'

"Anyway," Jackson said, "We completed the acquisition of Steven's companies today, Lis."

"Oh? Do I have to do anything?"

"No, Aguilar handled everything. The power of attorney you signed lets you avoid mountains of papers to sign. All that's left are the smaller ones that he'll handle as well. Sit back, relax, and watch your bank balance increase."

"I don't care about any of that, Jackson," I said a bit more snappily than I intended.

Jackson's mother excused herself to use the bathroom and waited for me to join her. I took the hint and rose to go along.

"How far along are you, Alyssa?" She asked as we walked.

"I don't know," I said, shocked that she could read me like that. "I just took the test today."

She hugged me and said, "You're not happy about it?"

"I don't know what Jackson will think. I'm so stupid for not getting back on birth control. I'm afraid."

"Don't be, dear. He loves children and I assure you he will be ecstatic."

"I'm afraid he'll think I did it on purpose to trap him to make him marry me. I don't know what..."

She pulled away, put her hands on my shoulders, and laughed, "Oh you silly girl. He's madly in love with you and honestly, from what I heard today about those businesses, you're quite wealthy now."

"I don't care about money. I love him, but I can't help but think that I'm too old for him."

"Well, you're stuck now. As soon as you tell him, I guarantee you he will propose, and Alyssa, he'll love you forever. Don't worry about it. Tell him tonight and let him continue to make you happy."

"Alright."

"Besides, I'm about to be a grandmother and I can't wait to spoil that child rotten."

I almost had to run to the stall after she said that. That's a fear they hadn't crossed my mind. Would the child end up like Ava?

She took my arm and said, "Let's go before they send a search party."

I nodded and we walked back to the table.

Jackson smiled weekly when we returned and I took his hand smiling weakly back.

I looked up and said, "Um, I have an announcement to make."

I took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry I've been out of sorts today. I found out today that I'm pregnant."

Jackson jumped up, knocking his chair into the person behind him. "What did you say?"

"I'm pregnant," I said looking at his shocked face. All of a sudden he broke out into a huge smile. He pulled me up and gave me the tightest hug I'd ever felt.

"Oh, baby, this is great," he said.

The waiter and manager came over to inspect the commotion and Jackson said, "Oh, sorry, I just found out I'm going to be a father."

He turned to the angry man behind him and said, "Sorry, sir. I'm gonna be a dad. I'll pay for your dinner." He turned to the waiter and said, "In fact, get everyone in the restaurant a glass of champagne on me. Open the Dom, or whatever but no cheap stuff."

He hugged me again and I heard him sniffle into me. He was crying.

His parents looked at us with looks of happiness and after accepting hugs of congratulations and handshakes from god knows how many people, we sat back down to our meal.

********

The car ride home was a blur. Jackson was so excited about my pregnancy that he rattled off question after question. By the time we got to his house, he'd already decided that I was moving in with him and we'd have a Christmas wedding.

As we lay in bed, he held me and stroked my hair softly. "Lis?"

"Mm?"

"You did agree to marry me right?"

"Of course, you silly man."

I felt him let out the breath he was holding.

"Well, I mean you never really asked me. You kind of just decided we would marry. I'm good with it though."

I smiled as he hugged me tightly.

"I love you and I'm sorry. I'm just so excited, everything is spinning around. We can get a ring tomorrow and I will ask you properly, alright, my Lis?"

"Sounds perfect, Jax."

After all we'd gone through, life was perfect.