All Comments on 'Between a Rock & a Hard Place'

by MimiRose

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Parts of this story are a captivating glimpse into the inner workings of the mind of the author. Very interesting, and very enjoyable. Overall, not her best effort, and needs editing, but still a fascinating view of the inscrutable female mind at work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

low self-esteem is something. it'll make you put up with actions from a guy that you shouldn't have to. oh well.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 11 years ago

Is the story over? I don't know about anybody else but Mr. Asshole would not have been forgiven so easily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
No.

Come on! She is way too easy on him. He screws her, calls her an easy lay, goes on to have a relationship with another woman, tells her to have an abortion, avoids her and now he's golden because he "loves her?" Actions speak louder than words, and his action say a hell of a lot more about his lack of caring than his words do. By the way, she screws him after he yells at her, and humiliates her in front of all of his friends? Uh uh. Try again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ehhh...

It's a good story, but I agree w/ others, she is forgiving him way too easy. He did some pretty horrible things to her and just like that everything is okay? I don't think it fits with the character of this woman you had at the beggining of the story. It doesn't make much sense, sorry.

MimiRoseMimiRoseabout 11 years agoAuthor
Don't Worry...

I am adding more to the story. I am in the process of writing right now. Just going through some things right now and I don't have my laptop. Just my phone.

islandqtislandqtabout 11 years ago
This was a heart-wrenching read...

which is why you need to make him work for her. I mean, she's sleeping in a sleeping bag for crying out loud. He was just too cruel to her for me to accept this sweet behavior. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get together but man oh man he's got some spainin' to do!

emj417emj417about 11 years ago
oh no she didn't!

she should still move out and the child can sleep in the pretty nursery when he babysits her. I wouldn't trust him--he drinks too much, cheats too much, and he was too mean to her. she should have punch that kid in the mouth for calling her a hoe, too.

i also think she should not be so available to him. he said why he came to care for her, now he needs to prove he is worthy after all the crap he did. i feel like kicking his ass and slapping her across the forehead. hope you add more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
let's see...

unmarried black woman keeps baby for guy who is not that into her. I'm sorry but this is too much like real life for me to find this story erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Make that f---er grovel!

Elias better recognize that Cammy is too good for him. She lets him in without making him beg or putting him through any other hoops. He would need to show me more than a nursery. He could be planning to sue for full custody and leave Cammy out in the cold. I wouldn't trust him. We'd need to get married right away but I'd still be suspicious. I enjoyed reading this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
No sympathy for her at all

So is everyone gonna ignore the fact that she is in the wrong too? She may be preggos but she was willingly the other woman. She knew she was helping him cheat on his girlfriend. Bottom line: she let a taken man keep sleeping in her bed, she started lusting for same man, she decided to fuck him with her excuse being she was gonna move out afterward, she became preggos by same man. Now she expects him to care and be a doting father. Cammy is a dumb board.

FinnateFinnateabout 11 years ago

I think the end could use a little extension. Start from when he found her packing. They need to cement the trust in each other and the guy needs to get his priorities straight.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 11 years ago
I hate that so many interracial stories

have a ghetto black woman as the main character. What 28 year old professional woman speaks like that? Just because she's black doesn't mean that bitch should come out of her mouth every 3 words.

He treated her like trash- pushed her, yelled at her, ignored her, forced himself on her in her sleep and she is just happy for his attention? Sickening.

I prefer to read about strong, intelligent females. It's a shame that you didn't portray Camilla as one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
ending disappointing

this story could have been really good if there was remorse on his part and asking for forgiveness in the way he treated her after their night together. What he said to her the next morning was hurtful and wrong. the fact that she was still attracted to him shows that she didnit regret their sexual encounter. I was enjoying the story until the very end. Too abrupt ending.

MimiRoseMimiRoseabout 11 years agoAuthor
Author's Note: 2/25/13

Hey y'all... I want to let you guys know a few things.

1) I am repeating myself with this comment: I have decided and in the process of writing an extension to this story. In the author's note that is located at the beginning of this chapter, I have mentioned that I am not happy with the ending.

2) Just a note: I am away from my laptop right now, so I am writing this story with a notebook and a pen right now.

3)I know that this is not a question, but I am going to respond to this reader's comment anyway. There are a lot of Black, "professional" women who uses profanity. Anybody can become "professional", just as long they have a job/career. If you're looking for a story (or stories) to read, where the female protagonist is Black and "professional", I suggest reading the stories by nerd4music, partial2passion and Pepperpace. I love their stories.

DaintyDDaintyDabout 11 years ago
Sooo

Yeah this is going to need a major extension. Who the hell just gets back with someone that told you to abort your baby? There's going to be a lot more groveling and explaining for it to even be in the realm of possibility that a healthy relationship can be born from that fuckery. The constant cussing did get annoying, more like two teenagers than grown women, but thats not a big deal.Cammy's and Elias's relationship to this point is just not possible, Cammy must still be dreaming

jazz1190jazz1190about 11 years ago
love it

love this story and the other one. I cant wait to read your next story. I hope you make another part to this story showing what happen after he asked her can they work on being together

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Attn: Mimi Rose

I loved Laney & Cammy's relationship. They just gelled and felt like real girlfriends profanity and all. I had no problem w/the language in this story because it was true to the characters. Who talks proper enlish when they're chattin up their girlfriends please w/all that nonsense. & don't leave no itty comment when the author clearly stated a warning at the beginning of the story GTFOH Cantfightorwhoever you are. Get outta here w/that BS.

The story definitely needs more because although I liked it and thought it was cute. You let homeboy off way too easy. There was a lot of mistreatment there that needs to be addressed and while I agree that she would've been happy w/the nursery you don't just forget how crappy he treated her.

atropisatropisalmost 11 years ago
that sucked

Can not believe how much of a wimp she is, that poor unborn child is going to have him as a father figure, are u serious. The book would be 5 stars if she learned her lesson and stopped being a little stupid girl and started acting like a woman and thought about doing what was best for her child, so he decorated a babies room big wupdedoo (a babies room he yanked her in, how ...sweet). 1 star.

BelladonnaBlackBelladonnaBlackalmost 11 years ago
Editing and Character development

This story definitely has potential, but needs work.

There needs to be more character development for Camilla and Elias, it will help us to understand why he was such and asshole, and why she was so willing to just forgive him (or at least it appears she is forgiving him). With out the backstory she appears to be weak and just ready to cave to what ever form of abuse he will put her through.

Editing: The story started with a lot of I statements giving the impression that it was from Camilla's P.O.V., but then changed as the story went on. There were a few instances of wrong word choice and grammar snafu's that distracted from a smooth read.

It may appear that I'm being nitpicky, but as a copyeditor I have noticed that there are a lot of writers on this site who have excellent concepts and with a proper editor could possibly be published. They just need to have a thick enough skin to take criticism so they can improve. This story struck me as one of those cases so I decided to comment. If you are going to continue to write which I suggest you do, please find a copyeditor you can work with and grow.

oneboobeeoneboobeealmost 11 years ago
Romantic

Would love to have more written about this story!!!

ihartekennyihartekennyalmost 11 years ago
Mimi I feel you...

This story was awesome! I'm having a little bit of author jealousy lol! I LOVE Cammy and Laney relationship! And if you plan on making Elias get on them knees then I'm all for you. My only criticism is that you should keep Camila's mannerisms a bit more consistent. When I thought I had her personality pegged she did one or two things out of character. Other than that it was flawless and I am a fan xoxo!

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69over 10 years ago
Awful!

Yet so true to life for some!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I wanted more.....

Why stop now it was just getting good? I hope there is an update soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nope

I read the first original one i believe ch. 01,then I read this one... Why mess with perfection. This one felt rushed at the end, I truly felt her pain and frustration with dealing with her bitterness and trust in him in ch 01. Thank you again I still admire your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fuck that. what he did is unforgivable

Black women aren't this naive but I'm glad in the end it seems he got his shit together

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous