All Comments on 'Beware of Truth or Dare'

by fritz51

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

This is one of the best stories I've read here, and I love your 'end notes'. In reading many comments, it's clear that some readers miss anything with less subtlety than a 50-megaton airburst.

.

Yes, it's a sad day when you must start explaining your logic and reason in a work of fiction because of the cadre of ANON trolls and others who are unable to face certain immutable facts: (1.) people are flawed; (2.) not every action was has an understandable motive; (3.) other people view human frailties and fallibility through a different lens than they do; and (4.) not ever issue is black and white and/or has a black/white solution. I'm also of the belief that Literotica's L.W. 'Comments' provide an important, much-needed mental health service. Somebody refute that....

.

This is a well-written piece with three-dimensional, believable characters functioning like real people. You plot was unique, and your executed your story will nearly flawless writing!

.

Thanks for posting this.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

I liked this one and apart from the office double teaming thought it to be quite believable. I also have no problem with her lying to save her marriage as they did love each other and telling him would only have hurt him deeply. Very good and 5 from me.

graymangazergraymangazerabout 3 years ago

As the author said: these characters are flawed, I agree and we all know flawed characters make flawed decisions, but often understandable. Jan got drunk and flirted, she allowed herself to be seduced because it felt good, it was wrong but understandable, whether she should be forgiven is up to her husband and he decided she should. Her second flawed decision was again caused by drink and this led Nick to make his own flawed decision. Although understandable, revenge cheating never helps the problem but just adds another issue and removes any moral advantage he held. But all understandable because the acts were done under pressure, whether from booze or anger and were spur of the moment choices, it doesn't make them right but understandable.

However there was one thing I can't understand and that's the inclusion of a hall pass. Why would two people trying to save a marriage, damaged by one's cheating, think a hall pass would help? Yes they were flawed but that solution goes beyond that and right into the rediculous. I guess it was included to keep hubby looking like the good guy, the injured party, but I'm afraid it just made him worse than her, at least she had the excuse of being drunk but his cheating had in effect, been planned five years previously.

In the end there were no nice characters, just flawed people doing stupid things. But it kept me reading so kudos for that even if the dialogue was a little stilted :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nick should have forced all details of Jan’s cheating during counseling and divorced her.

The fact of hall passes, plural, is in the reconciliation post nup is proof Nick did not actually forgive Jan even without knowing how much a slut she was when the cheating happened.

Yes, Nick is a flawed character but that is because of his wife’s betrayal and his own stupidity for not pushing for the complete truth during the initial counseling or when she gasped at his question about them being even. They will never be even because he doesn’t know the truth and she can always remember the greatest sex of her life. Always divorce a cheater because even if it was just a one time drunken fuck, the memory of it will always be there and be something between them.

The only character I do not see as being flawed is Steve. When he found out about his wife’s betrayal, he dumped everyone that betrayed him.

It is a well written story but all reconciliation stories get low scores.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree with your epilogue.

And, Nick was stronger than I could have been in a similar situation.

~Enkidu

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago

A far closer representation of life than the vast majority of stories here on Literotica. Thank you for the enjoyment of reading. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written very good.

Ok no BTB just RAAC except the supporting character, still it was all good

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The point that she lied to her husband to spare him the added pain of knowing that he's not really her first choice when it comes to the best sexual encounter of her life, and that, he'll unknowingly always be second best no matter what she says, is where she falls in my eyes as a character. And I felt the part about Lana was slightly rushed at the end. But otherwise it's a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I still would have banged Suzy Q a few more times just to make sure I had the whole nine yards!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Too many secrets for them to be swept under the rug. I hope Jan doesn't end up in the same spot Lana did.

And btw it's - faux pas.

perrymichaelsperrymichaelsabout 3 years ago

Fantastic, and very believable. Loved the end result and the epilogue was icing on the cake.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

While I am not sure I totally agree with your reasoning, I still agree that this was a good story. It was also written in your world, and who am I to belittle your thoughts. Good story and 4 stars.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Apparently lying your ass off is the new norm for a healthy marriage. In the old days divorce was the accepted practice for cheating. Times change though sometimes not for the better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nick has NOTHING to feel bad about. He does feel bad, because he's a nice guy....put into a shitty situation by shitty people. He will never be 'even', because he didn't cheat on his wife. He didn't break the original vows, she did. Their marriage is ALREADY broken when vows are broken. A broken contract does not typically continue, it dissolves. If one party fails to deliver their share, they don't get to continue doing business. Same applies here.

And beside the fact that she GAVE him hall passes. I would add that she gave them AS A CONDITION for his forgiveness. So you as the author ought to understand that he never forgave her, blank slate. She may have implied it. His boy-scout naive morals may have implied it. But her begging for a second chance, and him ACCEPTING a renewal based on the hall passes tells just the opposite story. What's the point of token hall passes if she fully expected him to never use them? There is no point. It would have been another empty gesture, another tainted contract.

Her disrespect isn't just a reminder of her past betrayal. It didn't only resurface hurt feelings. She BROKE HER VOWS AGAIN. She humiliates her husband. She betrayed his trust again. She ACTIVELY did that. To disparage your spouse breaks the other vows that people forget. To cherish. To have. To hold. Being honest about her ex lovers is not part of her vows.

So she broke her vows a second time. Yes, it brought up past trauma. I agree. But it also showed him that she is still in the habit of breaking vows. You show a united front to others as spouses. You don't humiliate them. Even if it wasn't because she cheated, saying he's not her best lover is enough reason to strain a marriage. No woman wants to be told she's loose and baggy, that she fucks like a dead fish in front of mutual friends. She got lucky that he took her back on the condition he can get some tail. Because she broke his trust. She never confessed, she had that confession PULLED outta her. Why should he forgive her? She didn't tell him willingly. It's already a bad pattern. If she had confessed on her own, outta guilt....I can see a much smoother reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved your story. These things happen in life. It’s how we deal with them that matters. I was 16 and the girl I fell in love with was 15. I know, way to early. We were farm kids and knew about sex. I popped her cherry at 16 at her request. We managed to keep her not pregnant during my last year of HS. I was drafted a month after I graduated/turned 18 (lucky me). I got her” I love you” letters about once a week. About a month before I was due to come home the letters stop coming and my unit got in a deadly firefight. I spent several months in the hospital with a severe chest wound. She didn’t visit/write and no one would tell me where she was. I went on with my life and prepared to enter our local state college. The week before classes started, she arrived at the duplex I had rented and told me she had gotten drunk and pregnant. She then went to a cousin’s home about a thousand miles away and got an abortion, but she was now ready to marry me. We did it at the JP 2 days later. She kept her boyfriend for the 4 years we were in college. She kept going out with him 3 or 4 times a month (& sleeping over), Taking a weekend or week trip with him every now and then. I loved her so much I just got used to it. When he realized, she was never going to leave me, he moved on

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Very good story. I think Nick should have insisted on a polygraph (lie detector) test during the reconciliation process. Jan showed that she will lie and conceal BIG issues to her partner. In my opinion they should have gotten divorced and not had any kids. Both Jan and Lana deserved a serious whipping from Karma.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Try to justify it however you want but they are not even. She lied and cheated, and is continuing to lie about the situation and now lie that she told Lana. No they are not even in the slightest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

About the Epiloge

interresting conundrum/ situation

since this is fiction I can (albeit reluctant) live with the result. Your story is well written and it is yours to do as you please.

Even if I am rumbling abouth "have your cake and eat it too" because all to often this is the case with cheating- amongst other things- in real life ( :-P )

I just want to ad another fact, if i may:

Fact, She was well aware that, if she wouldn´t have done this horrible mistake in the first place, then there wouldn´t have been the necessity obstruct the truth.

Over all I realy like the writingstyle so please keep them comming

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Who beat up Mark in the hometown?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
SO not even

You made a lot of excuses and tried to rationalize her behavior, but in the end, they did the crime. Should have had to do the time - as in they deserved to be divorced.

Bad ending.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Good story and glad you're back posting. But yeah I've got a big problem with these two lying "loving wive's". Once you lie to someone it becomes easier and easier the next time and the next until the lies are like a run away snowball. I read your reasoning but these two seem very good at lying to their husbands and that just sticks in my craw.

Flar1958Flar1958about 3 years ago
A lot to read and think

But its either black (BTB) or white no one sees colors between.

In most stories HE runs devorce gets a new love😆 five minutes before she's all to him standing up a podest. Now she is dirt under his nails. In a divorce you set her free to all the others. Don't you see the bad guy's gets their will and you get nothing.

Treat your wife like partner and sometimes like slut in bedroom do all the good and dirt to her she is only human like you so treat her like one. After all she will like the attention. After 35 years in my early 60s its running.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Your story, your choice!

5

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

Very good story and well written. THANKS! 5 stars, cd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

They may love each other on some level but would have been divorcing after she cheated instead of trying to make a healthy marriage out of mistrust with lots of negative consequences attached to it.

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 3 years ago
Take it to the grave

If you still want your spouse, take your cheating to the grave and never speak of it. Confession is a knife in the gut, nothing less. A double one at that. First, you cheat, then you toss it on your spouse's face and no matter how you do it, it comes off as bragging.

PS. Blaming alcohol for cheating or some guy is a copout. If you did it, you knew what you were doing. Own it and move on. If you have guilt, your punishment is to take it to the grave or to ask for a divorce.

If this had happened to me before the wife and I had kids, we would not have kids or still be married. You have kids with someone you trust. Once trust is broken, it's over.

It's bad enough they can screw you over after you have kids with them, why have kids with her if you KNOW she is a cheater?

Just my 2 cents worth.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 3 years ago

His choice to use a hall pass was hard to evaluate because his own morality is not well defined. Very well written.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Yes you are right, you will get a load of shit. But quite frankly your story was written in a way this would play out in the real world, if the wife truly did love her husband, and as is evident here, she did.

While I dont agree with lying as a general rule, I can see why she would. Shes paying for her cheating regardless of how much hubby knows or doesnt know.

Very well done, another story that should (but won't) raise the bar for other "writers" to strive for.

hapmarriedhapmarriedabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story more than most, primarily because it remained believable. My only criticism is whether, years after cheating nearly sank her marriage, she would still privately consider the DP as her best sex ever. I would think the close call with losing the love of her life would have blunted the memory.. This story would work just fine if her truth-or-dare answer really were just a tease, and not a lustful memory.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I totally agree with your reasoning. Her penance is to take her mistake to her grave. No good, as you had constructed Nick, would be served with the truth.

Bravo story, length is optimal for the tale. You have a knack for this. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

When someone cashes in a "hall pass" given in these circumstances, it's clear that they have *never* forgiven their partner.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

He’s already hurt from her cheating. And one or ten, she’s still a cheating slut

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Well hell, at least it took two guys to out do him. 😂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Don't know who first put the idea of a hall pass in a story about cheating. It is used as an excuse and a stupid stipulation. Other than drugged or raped and those depend on the situation he or she was in when it happened. There is no recovery from cheating. Using a hall pass as condition to stay together should be a major red flag that you are just extending the inevitable. Once trust and respect are gone so is the marriage. Love for someone is never enough to build a strong marriage.

Staying together once one cheats is for weak people who have no respect for themselves or what they deserve.

FYI She wore a slut dress to a party without her husband. It was bought for his benefit. He was not there so why wear it. She was already in the cheating frame of mind while completely sober. So the rest is bullshit. She took candy to a convention of sugar addicts, what the hell did you think would happen. Stupid bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Jan got away with it, but is living under the sword of Damocles ever since. I hope the stress doesn't kill her before the kids are grown and gone.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

How do you explain that they are even?

BrentJWBrentJWabout 3 years ago
Well,, maybe

I can buy the theory of lying to save Nick from the grief, but no. She lied to get get what she wanted, period. There is still a chance that the truth could come out because the people involved are still alive and stuff happens. Now Lana knows too, so the lie grows. If Nick somehow found out about the truth at a later date, her cheating and lying would be impossible to overcome, divorce for sure. It would have been best to come clean during the counseling even if it meant divorce. They both don’t completely trust each other now.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

A bit long in the tooth. You could take a page out and it would still be a good story. We didn't care about Lana and stupid Rob.

Pappy7Pappy7about 3 years ago

Tough situation for Jan to be in. Of course she is the one who caused it or allowed it to happen. And I think that if counseling really worked she would need a lot of it. As long as she holds on to the "it's the best sex I ever had" belief then she will spill it or worse, do it again. I don't subscribe to the "hall pass" idea, not a good way to run a railroad. It was a pretty good story even though I am not much of a let things slide type of guy. I thought it was well planned, the story itself, not the cheating and since no cuckolds were born of this, I can get enjoyment from the story. Thanks for sharing your story.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

I've always been a big fan of your writing, but although I gave you a *5 for the story, I didn't really like it very much. My reason is the very one you gave, in that I don't like ban lying about her DP cheating episode. I know that was her only chance to save her marriage, but I it just doesn't sit well with me. Lana got caught, deservedly, and paid for it. You did let Nick get a little back, so they're almost even. Like you said, she'll always have that guilt and that little bit of fear that the truth will out.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieabout 3 years ago

I think if they can't get past this and it becomes a barrier to a happy life, they are better off divorcing and keeping their secrets to their own selves. No sharing of old secrets at all. If they can get past it, then let it be history and never brought up again by anyone.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

"In vino veritas"

Nick was a gullible fool to believe Jan's trickle truths about her night of debauchery. It should've been painfully obvious that she was lying about "playing a prank on him" and that there was much more to her infidelity if she thought Mark was the best lover she'd ever had. Jan claimed she got shitfaced and it was a drunken mistake... but if she was that wasted, how did she even remember what happened, let alone that he was the best? Deceitful liar got tripped up by her own web of lies.

Even if she had been honest about only joking in the truth-or-dare, why would anyone want to stay married to a wife that intentionally tried to humiliate and emasculate her husband in front of their closest friends? Not only that, but she cheated on him in the past! How much shit is Nick going to put up with from this heartless bitch?

It was hard to feel any sympathy for him by the end, because he should've divorced the whore when he first discovered she had cheated on him. Jan didn't even feel guilty enough to confess... Nick only found out because Mark wanted another round with the slut.

To forgive Jan a second time, knowing that she loved fucking her colleague more than him just made Nick a pathetic cuck. No husband could ever get over that big a hit to his ego, it doesn't matter how many hall passes he used for revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Even Ann Landers said to ask yourself WHO benefits from admissions of guilt, the guilty, or the one wronged. Dragging the victim through more is not beneficial. Some things are not going to be helpful in saving a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You evil author...what a conundrum you have placed us in! Nick is indeed the original victim here and was deserving of the full truth from his beloved wife. Jan’s realization that Nick came to his own half truth of the situation and decided to allow him to believe that reality means she will live out her life waiting for the other shoe to drop as it were. Plus the lose ends of the two former coworkers in another town, rolling about her ship of life like loose cannons! I can see a potential for another chapter here. The trip where Nick returns to their old hometown and runs into one of those guys and gets the other half of the story revealed to him. Would it have been better for Jan to have just bit the bullet and told Nick the whole truth and nothing but? Or will his discovery of her continued coverup bring about a catastrophic ending to their marriage?

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

5* I thought it was quite realistic. Jan was desparate to save her marriage, so her lying like crazy would happen. Nick should insist that Jan be permanently banned from drinking alcohol. Her drinking is her kryptonite.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Started out great, but failed when hubby forgave the lying slut...

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

Good little story that. It won't be everyone's ideal outcome but it fits the story and the characters you wrote about well. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good story

But no. She continues to lie and views her cheating as the best sexual experience of her life. That too me does not deserve reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You should tell us in your next story what happened to Steve after he divorced his cheating wife. It's he and not the cheating flirtatious cock tease of his wife Lana that deserved a happy ending. And this "fragile male ego" is becoming a much overused and boring trope. Try some better argument to back up your rationalization next time. 2*

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Oh what a web we weave, when first we endeavour to deceive.

I understand it is your universe, and this is your story. But liars are liars and so often something happens and the truth gets out. Often innocently.

For example:

Nick is in a bar having drinks with his wife, Jake is there as well with friends having drinks and the conversation is risqué, about great fucks you have had. Nick at the bar overhears Jake bragging to his mates about this great chick called Jan that he and and a friend called Mark shared at their company party. He names the company and says the chick, Jan, was DPed by them whilst her hubby was away.

The cat is out of the bag, Nick puts two and two together and comes up with Jan’s complete tale.

Innocently her secret is out, and she is divorced because she LIED for all those years.

Things can be so simple.

Scores 4/5.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Difficult choices but I think this situation and this story was handled well, it was believable and entertaining. 5* for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

FUCKING LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
You even started the comment parade on your own!

How very thorough! Lol!

Thanks for writing.

kiteareskitearesabout 3 years ago

Giving away Irish roots with foo-pah instead of faux pas?

Caught a couple of errors closing speech marks when you shouldn't, but over pretty tight writing.

Although the dialogue wasn't as stilted as I expected, given your warning, some felt awkward. The stand out for me was:

"...I'd beat off in the shower at home thinking of those tits," he said pointing at her impressive breasts.

Personally in his position it would have been something like -

"...I'd beat off in the shower at home thinking of these," he said stroking his fingers softly over her impressive breasts.

The story itself was okay, as you say flawed people making poor decisions and dealing with the fallout.

I'll now take a look at your other work, thanks.

JetskibumJetskibumabout 3 years ago
One day

Nick will wonder why she gave him two hall passes.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

Never take a cheater back. They will always look back with fondness on the event(s). Odds are they will cheat again as well

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

REALLY LIKED IT. THANKS FOR A GOOD READ! 5*****

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

Your attempts to explain why a cheating slut should be stay married are pathetic! Yes, she has to live with her guilt and the readers' sense of justice allows us to hope that something ugly will happen for her! It will always remain inexplicable to me how someone who cheats and lies to his spouse in such a way and publicly exposes him can be a good mother? Those who betray their own values ​​cannot lead others on the right path! Ethics and morals cannot be manipulated! And if you call the behavior of your protagonists deep love, then explain to me how you can cheat on someone you love so deeply?

fritz51fritz51about 3 years agoAuthor

@ mattenw:

It happens every day...

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Hm, I'm not sure if it would be better for Jan to have told from the beginning, that it have been to men. Knowing that it took 2 men for better sex than the sex with him could be less devastation on his ego. This is just my thinking from outside. But of course I don't know what would be more devastating for me if confronted, great sex with one man or great sex with two men.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

And one other thing. I would have liked Lana to have the same agreement to Steve like Jan had with Nick after the cheating to save the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Beware the false religion of “getting even” in a fairy tale world of “fairness” where the “good guy or gal always wins”. These stories are fiction and the authors can create their own universes and the outcome as they will.

Just think a minute where we are in the real world of “getting even” between Israel and the Arabs or the two Irelands or Russia vs everyone etc.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago

Your best so far!

Never read you before this story. I was impressed enough to read your earlier stories. And now I think this is your best so far! I hope they keep getting better still.

LW comments can be spectacularly stupid. Many here prove that. I don't need to like the characters to appreciate a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No, oh Hell No !!! She is a POS and each and every day she awakes will be another day of disrespect to the husband. The husband not vigorously insisting on the truth is allowing by default her disrespect !!! She is keeping a secret to the grave for only her own selfish reasons. The author here tries to convince the reader that she is suffering inside.... I call BULLSHIT TO THAT !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

LOL, trying to use logic with trolls is a losing proposition :-)

Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Based on all of the comments I can see why we have such a low percentage of successful marriages.

I lived through something like this. When my wife and I became engaged she was 24 and I was 30. She had been a party girl and had her fair share of hookups. I was divorced and my first wife had had an affair - not a drunken hook-up but a full fledged affair while I was serving in Desert Storm. I ended that marriage immediately after I found out about it.

After dating my current wife for over a year we became engaged. I knew what she was but I knew she loved me and I her.

A few months before the wedding she went on a business trip. I hadn't been able to get a hold of her all day and finally called her hotel room (she didn't have a cell phone way back then). She was sloshed - she thought it was one of her coworkers and askef "him" why he was calling and to get his cute ass up here." (It was past midnight btw). She didnt get the phone completely on the hook and I stayed on the line. I heard knocking

a minute later, heard her open the

door and say "that was quick." It was obvious she was slurring her words band they were both drunk but proceeded to fuck each other anyway. I listened to the whole thing and was sick to my stomach. It only lasted a few minutes and a few minutes later I heard her say that she was going out on the balcony for a cigarette and he said " hey you're phone is off the hook. The line went dead.

When she got home the next day we had quite a talk. I didn't tell her that I heard everything, only that it was me who had called and reminded her what she had said. She admitted the whole thing thing. End of the engagement? I certainly told her so in tbe weeks and fights that followed I knew that she was immature, had made a huge mistake and she knew it. I also knew that when sober, she never would have done that. In her attempt to save our impending marriage she offered me a hall pass. I accepted it and used it the night of my bachelor party without thinking twice. We dealt with her alcohol issue and had some couples counseling and 30 years and three great kids later I am very happily married to the love of my life. I have absolutely NO doubt in her fidality nor have I strayed since my fuckfest with the stripper and never regretted my decision to go forward with the wedding.

The long game works out sometimes.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

There is no ‘getting even’. That’s a fallacy. There is only compounding and spreading more pain. Eventually something unforeseen reveals the lie, then the pain explodes. Jan and Lana covering each other’s lies, sucks. They both deserved a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Apart from cheating then lying to your partner, the main issue (as always) is the fact that women just cannot keep their mouths closed. They are simply programmed from birth to be incapable of keeping a secret, especially bedroom ones. If it’s not their “best friend” they tell, then it’s a sister, or cousin, the lady next door, a work colleague, their hairdresser, the lady in the post office, in fact just about anyone who is female. Then the secret is really out there, with the whole neighborhood, work colleagues etc etc knowing every detail of your love life. Sad but true.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

3 for this story. RAAC is not one of my favorite things. However, she had a 'one and done' threesome, which ended up being her best ever fuck. She shot herself in the foot at the party and luckily for her, the husband got even with his hall pass. She lied through her teeth multiple times and the rest of their marriage was based upon lies. That just does not sit well with me - sorry.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 3 years ago

Cheating is cheating. It’s like comparing dead and dead, your still dead, just like if you cheat this way or that it’s still cheating. Sure some cheating is much worse than other cheating but the base level soul crushing pain is 99 put of 100 for base cheating and 101 out of 100 for over the top kinky wild cheating. So in the end the type hardly matters.

Relaying the event blow by blow hole by hole to the arrived spouse won’t make ANYONE feel better.

So jan letting sleeping dogs lay is a smart move. I hate to say that but I do only say it because she honestly wanted to amend for her monumental error and her husband fucked the bar tender.

Donovan7777Donovan7777almost 3 years ago

Fact: Nick's hall pass would never have come into play without Jan's cheating.

Fact: Without telling Nick the whole truth, no matter how much the author says they should be together, the whole rest of lives together is a lie.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

While it was a well written and enjoyable story, the fact remains what Nick did would have finished their marriage. Her sudden "Are we even" type reaction would NEVER happen.

Yes, its understandable why she chose to lie AGAIN to Nick but as everyone says below, the rest of the marriage IS based on a lie. Thats the bad part about RAAC stories, reality as little room within its framework.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed your story. Everyone lies to some extent, not earth shattering but lies non the less. Jan chose to lie to keep their marriage together and remained faithful. She has to live with the lie knowing that there is a remote possibility it may come out. There is no good side to revealing the complete story to Nick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't consider Nick even since he didn't get a threesome.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

The truth of the matter is that at the Christmas party her being seduced was caused by the fact she was drunk and the two coworkers took advantage of it, she did say no but not convincingly enough to stop them, therefore a case could of been made for rape and Jan should have confessed that to her husband right away. There is always a chance that the two coworkers might slip up someday and tell what happened and if that ever got back to Nick it would be a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The bitch got away with it. Not good.

lukeey90lukeey90almost 3 years ago

No they're not even..anyone with a working brain knows that. Would a person who claims to love you lie in your face and your family and the next part of your marriage will be made on that lie? He ask'd if there were even because he knew that there may be more and she choose to cheat again preventing consequences of her actions. So NO again they're not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I get a little irritated reading the comments from all of these perfect mother fuckers... Newsflash... EVERYONE LIES... And all the dam time... Sometimes you lie to spare people's feelings... It's your story bro... And a realistic one... If you believe that her lying was the best option... Again... It's your story... Fuck these hypocrites...

-jaye-

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Tough story to read. I would NEVER have forgiven my wife. In fact I divorced my first wife over this same thing.

Luckily, my second wife and I get along great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think there’s 2 ways to look at was she right for lying if it’s to save her husband from even more hurt then yes revealing the truth would hurt him an they would divorce so she was right. But on the other hand this lie is now almost the basis of there marriage if this ever gets found out her husband will be so devastated she lied at the time an again wen questioned that there marriage will not survive an he will more hurt then she can imagine. I know people lie but I couldn’t live with the uncertainty I’ve cheated in the past an it always came out I couldn’t handle the guilt I was young an stupid. Now I’d never cheat my boyfriend deserves more respect

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

Trust but verify........every time needed. Always be mentally and physically ready to leave a cheater.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Goodshoes2 wrote, "Tough story to read. I would NEVER have forgiven my wife. In fact I divorced my first wife over this same thing. Luckily, my second wife and I get along great."

.

.

Or so you think. Unless you are with your wife every second of every minute of the day, you can't be certain she hasn't cheated. In this story, Nick didn't find out about Jan's mistake except due to Mark getting too drunk.

A lot of commenters think that Jan is still cheating because she hasn't told Nick the full details of the tryst, but really, what man, other than a real cuck, wants to hear all of the details of his wife's past sexual experiences? The fact is that, if she had four lovers before her husband, there's only a 20% chance her husband was the best. It seems to me that too many commenters see marriage as a who wins vs who loses proposition.

..

But, what made this story for me was one line. "Look, I know you're probably trying to play the gentleman, and not rush me straight to a bed. The thing is, I've already made my intentions clear, how about we leave here, and resume at my place?" It reminded me of the "I've already decided" I got from a married lady, certainly a fond memory, if nevertheless a distant one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"They started dating, and when he went back to his home office, Lana and her kids went with him, clear to the other end of the state."

This can't happen because of restrictions in the standard decree dealing with the father's right to see his children without hardship: The bitch can move within the county of the domicile of the marriage or to a contiguous county. Anything else requires a court order, which, because of the standard being the best interest of the children, not that of the ex wife, is almost never granted (exception: the father is in prison or spends no time with the children.)

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Jan is an abuser. She delights in his torment, and only cries when the situation inconveniences her. Those might be genetic traits.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago
Unlikeable characters

but hey, they may live among us. May be our own neighbors, who knows. I cannot expect any long-lasting fidelity from anybody who has cheated. It's said, cheating like prostitution gets easier with time, until it becomes a way of life. I hope the marriage works down the road. She's lying, believing the truth may never comes out, and she may get lucky. Already twice the specter of her cheating has damaged the marriage. Interestingly, she wasn't as affected by his use of the hall pass, as I expected. Perhaps that is an indication she loves her husband less than he loves her, or their moral compasses on fidelity have different north poles. Thanks for the story.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Hey if you are a cheating whore, be a ridiculously pathetic lying whore so maybe your stupid cuck husband will keep your worthless ass.

Jan loved herself more than anyone. She didn't lie to protect her husband, she lied to protect herself and manipulate her husband for her desired outcome.

She is worthless.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years agoAuthor

Re: silentsound & others - You have made up your own character traits for Jan, rather than accepting the story as I wrote it, therefore, my response is that your analysis is inaccurate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love how the author game Lana a happy ending while not giving a fuck about Steve ,the man she cheated on. She cheated and enjoyed it, bur still has the gall to blame it on "drinking too much" and therefore has our sympathy, but Steve isn't endowed with any redeeming characteristic. Nobody gives a damn about the cuckold. Great story.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

Plato, Socrates, and fritz51...?

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

The epilog wraps things up nicely, but I'll take this occasion to point out what seems to me to be a glaring error in so many stories here dealing with so many infidelities. Why not mention that both Jan and Lana gave up alcohol to keep from making such life altering mistakes again?? Is alcohol so freakin' important to everyone's life that they simply just couldn't give it up? How many marriages would still be together if it weren't a factor?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not even close every time they made love she would be thinking of the dp

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

not even close to being even

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He deserves to make the choice to leave her . She did the crime and if love isn't enough to cover it he should leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A no doubt unpopular opinion They shouldn’t of even been together, as for the last 5 years her husband had been lying to her the whole time with his fake forgiveness an fake declarations he was over it etc etc they should of divorced at the time the affair was discovered

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

lol.. what a fucking pig! lol. CLASSIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was imagining, when Jan lied to Nick, that Nick would tell her that Mark told him everything that happened at the party while getting the beat down of his life.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Fully agree. The truth often does irreparable damage. The fallacy that the truth is the best option can be very destructive.

Great humanizing of the characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can't imagine any woman not lying the same way that Jan did. In real life, that's how it works. Women are taught to tell little white lies as part of the social graces. They learn that they should tell these little lies to protect other people's feelings. They learn to lie to boys, too. They tell their boyfriends that they are in love, even while hoping that really cute guy shows some interest so she can branch swing. They lie to boys about the orgasms they fake, about how big their dicks are, and anything else they need to in order to get one of them to the altar. They lie about liking to watch sports, etc. etc. Whatever it takes.

"All's fair in love and war."

Jan is no different. Not all women have threesomes. But all of them who do and want to stay married will lie about it without a second thought.

SikemSikemover 2 years ago

I agree with the lie. It would only traumatize the husband.

The kindest thing would have been to never tell him about that night and instead become a better spouse.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

She gets railed by two guys after a party and he keeps her around? Not in the world I live in. Hard pass.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfritz51@fritz51
It's been a while since I've posted a story. I've just finished one that turned out to be very difficult to finish. I'm finishing the editing process and have yet to decide about comments, especially from anons.