Beyond Sight Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'How did I let this man slip away from like he did? I was a blind and stuck up little bitch for thinking he was just a friend. He's so much more than that now,' her inner dialogue went on.

'Yes, he may be a good man but there are still tells that he isn't,' her more logical side interjected, being a total buzz kill.

'Oh really? What kinds of tells, out of curiosity? Don't try going on the whole lust tangent because every man has the capacity to give into lust with a woman he wants. Tomas was especially nuts because he's been wanting me for years. So, tell me, what is your argument??'

The logical side of Olivia quieted just then, having no rebuttal to the tirade that her emotional side had just unleashed. It was then that Tomas could sense that side of Olivia was sulking, and he allowed himself a small smile while he was minding the pancakes. The logical side piped up again, with a warning this time; 'I just want to be sure that what happened with Dale doesn't happen again.'

Tomas started for a moment but concealed it by continuing to mind the food he was cooking. He turned over the bacon so it wouldn't burn as he kept stacking the pancakes he was making. Tomas remembered a guy from high school called Dale, and there was a rumor he and Olivia had been dating at one point. He couldn't remember much else and decided to ask Olivia about it, but at a later date.

Turning around, he saw Olivia had taken the initiative and had set the table for the two of them. Plates were waiting to be loaded with breakfast, along with syrup and a big jug of orange juice. Tomas turned and Olivia's eyes bugged out of her head at the number of pancakes and bacon that Tomas had cooked up. There was enough of everything to feed at least six people!

"I sure hope you don't think I'm going to eat all of that?!?" she gulped, as she stared at the sheer volume of food he held.

"Of course not Liv! We take what we want and leave the rest in the oven for the boys. My way of thanking them for being so generous," Tomas stated as he set the steaming pancakes and sizzling bacon on the hot plates that Olivia had placed.

"Oh! Well, that's awful nice of you to do that for them!"

"I figured I might as well do it, since they've been pestering me about doing that for a while now," he groused jokingly.

"Your pancakes are that good, are they?" she said, shooting him a sideways glance.

"Try them out and see for yourself," he challenged.

Not one to shy away from a food-based challenge, Olivia drizzled butter flavored syrup on top of her short stack and dug in. The moment the pancakes hit her taste buds, she sighed delightfully. Olivia already had several mind-numbing orgasms in the last ten hours, which put her in a state of bliss. If she hadn't then she would have said the pancakes were qualified to be on the list of the most blissful things to enjoy!

Light, fluffy and melting in her mouth, along with the buttery sweetness of the syrup, she almost creamed her panties right there. It was sooooo gooood! She scooped up a still hot strip of bacon and bit it in half, relishing the chewy crunchiness of the salty meat. Combined with the pancakes, it made for the perfect breakfast!

Tomas was smiling like an idiot as he could not only see Olivia's feelings on the breakfast but sense them as well. He knew he had hit this one right out of the park and smiled at her as he dug into his breakfast. He also put coffee on in the percolator, which just finishing its perk.

Having demolished his plate of food, he got and went to the cupboard, fishing out two mugs. After filling them with the steaming and aromatic liquid, he brought them to the table and set one in front of Olivia. He turned around to the fridge and opened it long enough to pull out some coffee cream and to pick up the sugar bowl from the counter. Placing them both on the table, Tomas sat back down and let Olivia have the first crack at setting up her coffee.

Olivia simply put cream in her coffee and drank it with no sugar. Tomas had a sweet tooth and put three spoons of sugar in his before stirring it up. They said nothing to each other, but they didn't need to. The mood in the air was one of absolute contentment and bliss, as the both of them were happy, for the first time in a long while. Olivia had finally finished her food and was drinking her coffee when Tomas broke the silence.

"I know that we've been friends for a long time and what we did last night..." he grinned before continuing, "certainly goes beyond being friends. I mean, the sex was, for lack of a better term, mind-blowing! So, I'm just curious what we are right now."

"Well, I would like it to be simple in the definition of what we are, Tommy," Olivia stated after mulling over her answer for a few minutes. "Honestly, I don't really know at this point, but whatever we are, I would like it to continue."

Fixing him with a warm gaze, she went on, "I don't think we can really put a label on this yet. Not that I don't want to, it's just that I have some personal demons that need dealing with. On top of that, I still have a few other things I have to figure out about myself and where I stand on certain things. Regardless of all that, I want this and you, if you'll have me."

"Always Livi, always," Tomas replied as he leaned in to kiss her. Olivia leaned in as well and met him halfway, kissing him back. After several smooches, they both sat back and finished their coffees before Olivia stood up. Tomas walked her to the door, and she drew him in for a hug, which he responded to.

"Meet me at Jack's later? We'll talk more then. I promise," she asked him.

"It's a date."

Smiling, she opened the door and walked out of the dorm, heading down the hallway to the elevators. She looked back and saw Tomas staring at her, watching her go, but with a smile on his face that spoke volumes about how he felt. Blushing, she waved to him as she disappeared around the corner.

Tomas sighed happily and walked into the dorm, the door closing behind him. He still couldn't believe what had happened last night! The woman of his dreams, the woman he had wanted and secretly loved for most of his life, had finally come home with him! That and it looked like it would be far more than just them being friends with benefits, but something serious!

Deliriously happy, Tomas went back to his room to get clothes on. Despite how well yesterday and last night had gone, something disturbed him. That he'd been able to hear Olivia's thoughts as though she was speaking them was troubling him. Not that he minded the gander into her mind, but it spoke of something new about his ability. That it had expanded into a new avenue was very unexpected.

In this case, there was only one thing to do, and that was to see his grandfather and tell him about what had happened. Interestingly enough, it was Dimitry who had helped him get a handle on his ability to ferret out feelings from other people. He figured that the ideas and such that his grandfather had come up with stemmed from his profession as a psychologist. Also, the fact he used to be a professor at the university was another likely reason why he could help Tomas figure it out.

After dressing in a pair of khaki shorts and a black Batman T-shirt, Tomas slid into his flip-flops and grabbed his keys. Before he stepped out, he grabbed the pile of bacon and pancakes and slipped them into the oven, and walked out of the dorm. Tomas was feeling good about himself and how things were going. As he arrived at the elevator, he felt that this would be another good day.

The car arrived without issue and he got on, heading down to the lobby. Arriving with a ding, the car opened, and Tomas stepped out onto the ground floor. He noted that there were several students loitering around, as it was a Sunday. Almost everyone was enjoying the bright day outside. He noted he couldn't really hear anyone like he had heard Olivia when it came to thinking, but their feelings came in much clearer than they had before. Almost like he could understand the precise inflection of each feeling.

Shrugging, Tomas mentally filed it away as another question he would ask his grandfather. As he approached the doors leading to the campus, he saw his roomies coming through them. They met him at the inner doors and greeted him heartily.

"Tom! I guess you had a damn good night, going by the smile on your face," Joel teased him.

"Yeah man! What sorts of kinky shit did you get up to last night? Details man!" Harry, his third roommate, grilled. Harry was always a perv, but he meant nothing malicious by it. He was just nosy when it came to groaty details.

"You see the smile on my face? Well, did any of you see the woman who walked out of here maybe five to ten minutes ago?" Tomas shot back silkily. Joel sat there for maybe a minute, thinking hard, while Bruce and Harry had blank looks on their faces. Joel's eyes widened then, as he put the pieces together and had seen Olivia at a distance as they got back on campus.

"Score man! You nailed Olivia?!?" Joel said with wonder in his voice. Many a guy had tried to snag a date with the woman, yet she seemed to be very picky with the men she would date. That there was almost no one on campus she had dated made her all that much more appealing. Both Harry and Bruce stood there with their jaws on the ground for a moment before pressing in to congratulate Tomas on his luck!

"Way to go, man! How did you do it? Did she have as good a time as you did? Was she tight? Come on, man! I want the details!" Harry pressed, in a tizzy about the prospect of one of his roomies nailing one of the hardest to get women on campus!

"A gentleman does not discuss such things, but I will give you all one detail," Tomas said, gently rebuking them. They waited with bated breath for him to give them that detail. "Beast level, hardcore Viking sex," he told them. Judging by the grins that slowly spread onto their faces, they were imagining many things that the two of them had done while they were away.

"Now, if you guys are finished drooling all over the damn floor, I left you a stack of pancakes, a bowl full of bacon, and a fresh pot of coffee upstairs," he said. Hearing that snapped them out of their daze and they rushed to the elevators, eager to get some breakfast. Chuckling to himself, Tomas knew that was one thing about guys in general. The quickest way to their hearts was through their stomachs.

Tomas took a quick jaunt across campus to the bus stop and waited for the bus he needed to arrive. He sat there for a few minutes, playing a couple of freemium games on his phone while he waited. The bus showed up maybe ten minutes later and he was glad to see that it was reasonably empty. Taking a seat near the front, he sat there, enjoying the morning rays and all the smells that the bus carried as he watched the scenery go by.

Though he looked calm on the outside, inside, Tomas was awash with questions. His mind literally buzzed with a myriad of thoughts that ran through it. There was so much that he wanted to ask and hoped that his grandfather was feeling like being plain with his answers rather than his usual cryptic self. The one thing that drove him nuts about Dimitry was that he always talked in riddles. The man rarely gave a clear answer about anything, unless it was simple, everyday matters.

Tomas noted some various people on the bus at this hour. There were a couple of students, like him, on the bus. Either going home to sleep off a nasty hangover or heading to visit their parents. The former was most likely, from what he saw of the haggard and forlorn faces that dotted the seats. There were a few people who seemed like they were off to some important appointment or other, but there were maybe one or two of them there.

Looking outside the windows, Tomas saw that the landscape had changed some as the bus had traversed into an older part of town. The houses were placed on larger lots, spaced much further apart than was the norm of today. As his stop came up, Tomas pulled on the cord, indicating to the driver that the next stop was where he wanted to get off.

The bus slowed down, then ground to a halt as it reached the empty stop. Tomas was the only one to disembark, stepping away from the public transport and into the neighborhood. Unlike Michael's neighborhood, his grandfather's area was much older and had seen a few houses look like dilapidated wrecks, and some of them were. He didn't have to go far, maybe a few blocks, before he reached his grandfather's home.

It was a modest enough place, but still nice. It stood two stories high, with a proper attic and a finished basement, along with a two-car garage on the left. The front lawn was sizeable, and the backyard was fenced off from the forest in the back. The yard looked a bit overgrown and the trees could use a slight trimming, some of their branches having grown too wild.

Tomas walked down the garden path and right to the front door. Looking over at the yard, he promised himself that he would come back to handle it once his finals were done. Despite Dimitry's zest for life, his will and initiative weren't what they used to be in his advanced age. Jingling his key chain, Tomas went through a couple of keys before he found the correct one. Inserting it into the lock, he turned it and the door clicked open.

He stepped inside the house, closing the door behind himself, and deactivated the security system. The décor and the ambiance of the house remained the same throughout the years. Tomas attempted to have his grandfather do some basic paint and appliance upgrades. But the old man had remained steadfast in saying he liked it just the way it was. Probably because it was how his grandmother, Sonja, had decorated it before she had died.

"Ded?" he called out in Russian. Although he was a Canadian by birth, a distinct connection to his heritage had been encouraged since he was old enough to talk. So, learning to speak, read and write in Russian was ingrained in him as a sense of maintaining a link to his roots. Growing up, Tom never really got the point, but he went along with it anyway, as having a second language was always handy.

"Dedushka?" he called again, thinking Dimitry was napping again. Tomas turned to look for him and started in the living room, as it was where Tomas often would find him. He found him there, sitting in his favorite armchair with a mug of tea on the table in front of him. He assumed it was rosehip tea as his grandfather had been prone to drinking only that and water lately.

As Tomas drew near, he could tell that something was wrong because of how his grandfather sat. He never sprawled, even when he was napping. His mouth hung open and his eyes stared at nothing. For a moment, Tomas wondered what had happened, and then the smell reached his nostrils. A smell that had only one association; death.

"Grandfather?!?" Tomas almost pleaded as he felt his neck for a pulse.

He found none and yanked his hand back as he knew right then and there that Dimitry Brykonov had passed away. Not only was there no breath, pulse, or involuntary reaction from the old man, but his skin was cold as ice. Dimitry had likely died last night while Tomas was enjoying his birthday with his friends. He'd received a birthday call from him that morning, wishing him a good day, and now Tomas wished that he'd stayed on the phone longer with him.

Tears welled up in Tomas' eyes and spilled out, running down his cheeks as he mourned. He shouted out in grief and loss, wanting things to be different, but he knew they could not be. His grandfather was gone and there was nothing he could do to change it. The only thing he could do was to grieve for him and carry on living.

Tomas didn't know how long he had sat there crying. A moment, a minute, an hour, it didn't matter. He forced himself to calm down, breathing slowly to center himself, and he dialed nine-one-one. His hands trembled on his cell phone so much that he almost dropped it. Centering himself once again, he dialed the number and waited for it to pick up. The operator picked up on the second ring.

"Nine-one-one emergency response. What is your emergency?" the woman on the other end of the line asked in an almost robotic fashion.

"Hello, my name is Tomas Brykonov. I came to visit my grandfather Dimitry Brykonov at his address, and I found him dead," Tomas responded, voice trembling.

"Sir, I need you to be calm and tell me if he's still breathing."

"He is not. I checked for a pulse as well and found nothing. He's also colder than ice and it reeks in here," Tomas stated as he shuffled away from Dimitry's ripening body.

"Sir, I need you to give me the address so that I can dispatch an ambulance and coroner," the woman said with a note of sympathy in her voice. He gave the address without hesitation.

"Thank you, sir. I have dispatched ambulance and coroner units. I understand that this is a difficult time for you, sir. Do you need me to stay on the line, or do you have someone you can call?"

Thinking for a moment, Tomas made mental notes of anyone he could call and though there were a few people he could reach, the only one that came to mind was Olivia.

"Yes, I have someone I can call. Thank you," and with that Tomas hung up. He then scrolled through his contacts' list until he found Olivia's cell phone. His thumb hovered over it for a moment before he pressed the dial button.

***************************************

Olivia was humming a merry tune to herself as she was removing a full garbage bag from one of the trash receptacles that dotted the park. The smile on her face could have outshone the sun that day, and there was nothing that could bring her attitude down. She replayed last night in her head over and over as she replaced the full garbage bag with an empty one. After setting it, she replaced the lid, got back in her little cart, and headed back for the disposal area, having finished the last receptacle.

The stench of trash and other odds and ends that usually wound up in the plastic bags was enough to nauseate her. But it didn't bother her in the slightest today. Olivia was still riding high from the night she had with Tomas, and nothing was going to phase her. She kept her eyes on the path ahead as she drove, but her mind kept drifting and she couldn't help herself.

Last night had been beyond amazing! Especially considering the number of times she'd cum! And God damn, the size of Tomas' dick was enough to nearly drive her over the edge by him just inserting it into her! She'd been surprised that her tiny pussy had taken that monster without it causing her any pain! Though Olivia was in a bit of pain right now, it was the good kind.

As she brought the cart to a halt, her quim throbbed at the memory of what he'd felt like. Tomas had stretched her pussy in the most delicious fashion and now she felt like a new woman! Olivia couldn't explain it, but she somehow felt more alive and freer, like someone had unchained her inner self and she was now free to be who she always wanted to be!

Not to mention she was certain that Tomas had effectively ruined her for other men. There was no way that any other man could compare with Tomas now, and she felt like she would no longer need to look at another man. Still humming her wordless tune, Olivia picked up the stuffed bags of trash and started chucking them into the massive dumpster.

She was a little more than halfway done when she heard the approach of another cart. Olivia made to speed up with her dumping because she knew who drove the other cart. Sure enough, it confirmed her fears, and Jessica came into view with a cart that was just as laden as hers was with garbage bags. Jessica stopped not too far from where Olivia was parked and, instead of doing her job, she approached Olivia.