All Comments on 'Big Flipping Deal Ch. 07'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

This is the story to which I return from time to time and read again and again with the same pleasure. The characters and their development are captivating. Sometimes I read it without the descriptions of the sex acts and fantasies, because even without them it is very enjoyable and equally brings fulfillment because it is so well-written. It really is an outstanding story in every aspect.

19Seeker6219Seeker62about 1 month ago

Really enjoyed this story, front to back. Good build up of characters and relationship. Is there more to come?

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcomb4 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous ("This was ...")

Thanks for letting me know you liked it!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was a well written, and fun love story for the ages!! I really loved it a lot!! Chock full with everything you want to read in a story back ground and even though it is a long story which makes you think it would be a drag to read. It so wasn't it read like a short story. I found myself emerced in it and loved the characters 😍

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcomb12 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous (“I think …”)

I’m very grateful to hear that you enjoyed it so much. The story is very special to me, so I’m always happy to hear others found it so as well.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think this is my all time favorite erotica story published anywhere, print, online, Literotica. Anywhere! the love between these two was so palpable, you developed their characters and the storyline exquisitely. while incorporating the extra angst and family drama of a love story involving a transgender person. I've read it star to finish sever times.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 1 year agoAuthor

@Neko_man

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've been focused on non-erotic fiction these days, so while I do love Nick and Lindsey and their story, I'm afraid it's unlikely I'll get back to them soon. I won't rule it out as a future possibility, but I also don't want to get your hopes up.

I do really appreciate hearing how much you liked it, though!

Neko_ManNeko_Manover 1 year ago

What more praise can be heaped upon this wonderful Trans romance that hasn't already been said in all the other comments here.

This was, to my shame, my first foray into this genre. I guess, I was conditioned by society during the 60-80s to look upon this as unwholesome in every way. However, after reading this 7 part story, I felt a deep connection with Nick & as the story developed I was drawn to Lindsey as much as Nick was. My heart soared like an eagle on the wind as their romance blossomed. In the end I wished Lindsey was my GF.

It just goes to show that prejudices should be discarded by everyone in society and that love and romance is beautiful in any form and can be found anywhere.

As many on here have stated, this story must continue to it's fruition. Your story has only touched the fringes of prejudice against Trans girls and those who love them. I feel that you need to continue the story to include such topics as:

Finishing Mrs P's house together;

Deciding on whether to sell or keep it; Moving in together;

Nick & Lindsey deciding to work on another house restoration together (in the same street or elsewhere which becomes their future home);

Deciding to get married and all the prejudices coming to the fore (religious, family, friends, colleagues);

Lindsey suggests Nick takes a few evening classes in building and he decides to give up his job;

They form a new company together covering renovations;

Sam comes around in supporting their love for each other and falls for a Trans girl himself;

Nick & Lindsey's wedding, honeymoon and deciding to adopt a child.

I hope you forgive the list of suggestions and don't take offence. The suggestions for you could have been far longer, but I hope the ones I've penned whet your appetite to continue the story much further to the delight of everyone here.

Please say you will.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Wow, thanks for such a high compliment! I’m pretty proud of this story, and it’s nice to get the reassurance that I’m not just completely full of myself … : )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really wish the series would never end. Thank you for the best trans series I've ever read.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous (Thank you, For ...)

You're very welcome. Thanks for letting me know you got so caught up in it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you, For a great story and series. I could not stop myself from rushing to read well aware it would soon be over and I would want more.

Finally a trans story with love and compassion intertwined. Thank you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous (WAUW!):

You're very welcome. thank you for commenting!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 2 years agoAuthor

@omnisexual:

It's always a pleasure to hear that one of my stories had particular meaning for a reader. Thanks for letting me know!

@DeniseGrace:

I'm in a bit of a lull at the moment, but hearing from readers is always motivational, so thanks for taking the time to comment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WAUW !

Thanks for sharing ;-)

DeniseGraceDeniseGracealmost 3 years ago

Brilliant story! So very well done that I hope you add more or do others similar.

omnisexualomnisexualabout 3 years ago

This story is the best I’ve ever read, the relationship that grew throughout the series and the way it felt so natural. I wish I could be him. When he took that step to be penetrated was as if you had pulled it straight out of my fantasies, I only wish I could find someone like her.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 3 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous ( "X2 for me")

This is another one of my favorite things to hear! There aren't many greater compliments than having a reader return to the story more than once.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@nothere90

X2 for me! There are very few stories I've gone back and reread as I have this one (several times). Love it!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 3 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

I don't really set out to make people cry, but I always feel immensely grateful when I hear that I did! Thanks for letting me know how much the story moved you ... I'm really glad you liked it.

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Supurb

The emotios and love in this story were so palpable! I cried in several places! Such a captivating story. Thank you for writing it.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 4 years agoAuthor
@nothere90

Thanks for returning to the story, and for letting me know about it! Hearing that someone finds a story good enough to reread is one of the biggest compliments for me!

nothere90nothere90almost 4 years ago

I really loved this series. I'm a sap. I love the romance as well as the - well you know! :-)

But seriously. I've read this several times now and I get something more each time.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
@kingmcqueen

Thanks for the suggestions! Those are definitely on my list to consider if I ever get around to making those sequel notes ...

YandisaNgxabaneYandisaNgxabaneover 4 years ago
More challenges

The challenges could being officially "out" as a couple & the reactions from their families, friends & community & how that could put pressure on their relationship.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous (A sequel ...)

Well, you've given me some stuff to think about, anyway! At some point I'll have to sit down and make some notes on things like what sort of challenges would face Nick and Lindsey as they attempt to make their relationship work. I find it hard to write an interesting story without some kind of conflict or challenge, and I personally hate it when sequels push their characters into the wrong sorts of challenges or create false drama and conflict just for the sake of conflict.

Thank you very much for your support and opinions ... it really means a lot to me to hear from people who like the stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A sequel to this story would be welcome and anticipated. I thought it was well written and as you pointed out certainly stands on its own. That being said there is much more to this story that could be told. I have to agree with your observation that you may be overthinking the sequel and it’s requirements. It’s only my opinion but I could care less about what happens with their respective families. You have already set the stage for them to essentially be written out or ignored in a sequel. We already know her family is phobic about the LGBT community. We already know his family is extremely religious to the extent they are very closed minded even when it’s one of their own with the exception Sam... eventually. They don’t need their families in their lives for them to be happy. Unfortunately being shunned by family for whatever the reason is a reality many people face. In essence it could be just them against the world. Please write the sequel, Nick and Lindsey, continuing to grow with each other, finishing the house, taking the next big leap with moving in together, proposal marriage, kids..... their happily ever after. The real world is so full of hate today, it would be nice for things to go right for someone (fictional or not) and get their happily ever after. Whether or not you write a sequel (I hope you do) thank you for writing what you have.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (I would love either approach...)

It always warms my heart when people buy the physical book! Thanks so much for letting me know. There are some minor touch-ups here and there in the published version... I hope you like the little changes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I would love either approach Mr. Whitcomb. Just a chance to see more of these two being together would be worth it! I also purchased a paperback copy of this story I enjoyed it so much!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 4 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Oh my god this is by far ...)

Thanks! As you can probably see from my submissions list, I haven’t been writing too much lately. I need to get back to it, but life isn’t being super-cooperative. I would like to write a sequel, but I’m pretty sure it would be really hard! This story was very self-contained and intimate, and I think any sequel would have to involve Nick and Lindsey working to fit their lives together ... friends, family, etc. That’s a much more complicated situation, and it deserves a bigger cast of characters and a more complex plot.

Or maybe I’m overthinking it and I should consider whether there might be short story sequels that I could ease into with less ambition than another novel ...

In any case, I can’t promise a sequel soon, but it rolls around in my head from time to time.

I’m really grateful to hear that you enjoyed it, though. I guess let’s all keep our fingers crossed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Oh my god this is by far my favorite TG related love story! Bravo! Encore! Is there any chance of a sequel with these two happening? Hell I'd be willing to pay to make it happen to see some more adorable nick and lindsey shenanigans! Thanks so much for writing this it was brilliant!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (My heart is aching ...)

Thank you for commenting, and I sure hope you find someone to help you along your path to happiness. Just remember that you’re on the path whether anyone is there with you at the moment, and keep moving along!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My heart is aching...

Your story brought tears to my eye. You've written what i have been dreaming of for the last 15 years, and counting. Nick IS me.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Fantastic, best story ever!)

Wow! Thanks for the high praise! I especially appreciate it when people say they think one of my stories deserves rereading.

And while I’m at least a little bit in love with most of my characters, I’ll admit Lindsey is one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic, best story ever!

I have to tell you, this is the best TG-Story I ever read. Absolutely wonderful characters and writing. I think I fell in love with Lindsey myself 😅. Great job, I loved it and saved it for rereadings!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (A Masterpiece)

Comments like yours make me endlessly grateful for the combination of luck and effort that allowed me to write this story!

I like both of your prequel/equel ideas a lot, especially the one about flipping the perspective of the story to show how it unfolded for Lindsey. I’ll have to mull that one over! I have to warn you, though, that my productivity is pretty low these days, so you shouldn’t hold your breath too much waiting for it. It is a really interesting idea, though ...

Many, many thanks for commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A masterpiece

This series is really special. The characters are so engaging and believable; and the pacing is excellent. It combines to give me very special feelings, and very special orgasms. I'm reading it on repeat to fix every detail in my mind.

I see a lot of comments asking for a sequel, but the story ends exactly where it should. But I greedily want more of it too, so here are two story ideas:

Lindsey's college days - discovering the joy of living as her real gender and her first experiences with men;

and Big Flipping Deal Redux - the whole series from Lindsey's perspective. Her fantasies early on, her insecurities and hopes, the things she sees and reads from Nick and all that delicious sexual discovery from a new point of view.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this story.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Ian, Great story!)

Thanks for letting me know how much you liked it! This is one of my favorites too (although I have a hard time picking between them all).

My approach to sequels is to do them if I feel there’s another story to tell, not just because I want to return to the story that already exists and extend it. I have a vague sense of where another story about Nick and Lindsay might go, but not enough to be pulled into it. We’ll see if it ever materializes.

I hope you continue to enjoy the stories I’ve posted to date. My productivity has slowed a lot over the last year, but I have a possible Christmas Contest idea nudging me, so maybe something new will pop up in a couple of months!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ian, Great story.

I loved this story I’ve been binge reading your other stories as well. Two of the biggest pitfalls erotica has is when it’s hard to keep track of the characters because they are basically cookie cut outs and indistinguishable from each other. The other problem tends to be that the sex scenes get repetitive. You avoid both issues wonderfully. Of the stories you’ve written I enjoyed this one the most.

I want so slightly disagree with those who call for a sequel. I know they will get married and live long happy lives together. I don’t need you to write about it. I’ve filled in the story for myself.

In his early years Walt Disney had been pressured to do a sequel for the Disney hit, The Three Little Pigs. He answered, you can’t top pigs with pigs! And never did a sequel. Don’t. Move on to your next wonderful idea! I can’t wait.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 5 years agoAuthor
@May

Thank you! I always appreciate hearing that I’ve hit the mark, and I’m awfully fond of these characters myself. Good reading to you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic!

It’s always a treat to find someone who is a truly gifted writer online, and a fabulous bonus when they write erotica. This is one of my favorites. I think I may be just a little in love with both of these characters. Thank you for sharing your stories. I don’t have an account here, but didn’t want to just be anonymous.

Fondly,

May

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great story)

Glad you liked it ... thanks for letting me know!

I’m not sure whether a sequel will ever materialize for this story, and if one does, I can’t be sure what the ending will be, because stories have a habit of surprising me as I write and leading to unexpected places. So a sequel might end up differently than I currently imagine.

That said, my assumption is that the end of Big Flipping Deal is a happily-ever-after one, and that they’ll end up married sooner or later.

: )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story

I just want to know if they got married

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@jezchazania

Thanks so much! I’m awfully fond of this story myself, so I’m always happy to hear it’s touched people.

: )

jezchazaniajezchazaniaalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant:)

I love this story. Beautifully written with wonderful developed characters. Thank you so much Ian, you are a star :)))))

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@juan2fork

Thanks! I generally like them sweet. : )

juan2forkjuan2forkover 6 years ago

What a sweet love story.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@Jb423

We'll see ... I'm not writing much right now, but maybe someday!

Jb423Jb423over 6 years ago
More

I hope that you continues this amazing story. I really enjoyed reading it

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 6 years agoAuthor
@300bowler300 / Betty Jo

I'm tickled that you enjoyed the story, but in my mind, the next chapter of Nick and Lindsey's story would be the start of a new book, and I'm afraid I don't have that book envisioned well enough to start it. Cross your fingers for me and maybe it will happen down the road!

300bowler300300bowler300over 6 years ago
JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER

PLEASE, YOU NEED TO PUT THEM IN THE HOUSE...! BETTY jo xoxo

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@Edgaralanfaux1

I'm really glad you liked it! Thank you!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (A must read ...)

Thank you ... I like to think these two will be happy together!

Edgaralanfaux1Edgaralanfaux1almost 7 years ago
Amazing

Lindsey is a total dream girlfriend!!! So damn HOT !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A must read...

Finished reading the whole thing last night and loved it. Hope they live happily ever after :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Absolutely loved it!)

Thanks! I absolutely love that you commented!

No worries about the stars. I used to fret over my ratings a lot, but comments have always meant much more to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely loved it!

Well written, funny, romantic and darn hot. Sorry I didn't leave stars on the other parts, but the story flowed so well I just tore through the parts. And just to boost your ego a little bit more, this is actually the first time I've felt compelled to write a comment.

Thanks :)

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 7 years agoAuthor
@Pest999

I'm always tickled to hear that I have binge-readers! Thanks for letting me know you liked it.

It's possible that I've mentioned this earlier in comments, but the next logical stages of Nick and Lindsey's story would involve the two of them seeing how their lives fit together, which is going to be a lot more complicated than this one was. So it's going to be a lot of work to go down that road, and it'll probably take me a while to get there.

It's on my list of things to write when I win the lottery and quit my day job, though!

Thanks again for the great feedback!

Pest999Pest999about 7 years ago
Loved it!

I found this story yesterday completely by accident, and was hooked! I binge-read the whole series last night. As a t-girl, it's nice to see a series like this that portrays someone like me so realistically, and focuses on growing the characters in the story instead of just the sex. They have real flaws as people that make them very relatable, and I see a lot of myself in Lindsey.

I would love to see an afterword on what happens after the house is finished, or even some time later, to see where their relationship is.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 7 years agoAuthor
@Koality

First off, I want to say I hope that those dark nights of the soul are all way in your past. I've certainly had some myself, although maybe not ever quite so dark, and the fact is that they're almost always false -- illusions that our minds create and turn against us. Life is full of wonder if we look, and we're almost never as helpless as our momentary misfortunes make us think we are. It sounds like your experiences led you to a brighter path, and that makes me happy to know.

I'm also really glad for the way you expressed that beauty and melancholy with what sounds like an absence of bitterness. Warm memories are precious, particularly when they're not tainted by bitterness or regret.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, and wish you many more beautiful days in the future!

Many, many thanks for your thoughtful and kind response to my story!

KoalityKoalityabout 7 years ago
Resonating

This story gave me chills. I enjoyed the backstory, which made the characters very easy to relate to and empathize with. Even some of the interactions that might be considered cheesy had authenticity because falling in love can be awkward and silly. So much sex literature is filled with this seriousness about the act that I feel like I'm watching a cheap porno rather than an authentic interaction. Your ability to convey their concerns and experiences with this unusual encounter was refreshing.

The thing I enjoyed most about this story is how closely it resembles a relationship I experienced in my life. During college I met this guy named Nick(Nikita), he was this super cute blond, with viciously blue eyes, and an accent I couldn't place; it turned out he was Ukranian. Everything about his being was alluring. I'll spare the details of how we got to know each other and the time from when I was living as a man to living as a lady. After becoming close friends we parted ways because he started dating a girl that wasn't particularly fond of me, she was his first lover...we all know how that story goes.

On the darkest night of my soul I tried killing myself, which lead to me moving back to my hometown. Shortly after he appeared back into my life, as if the timing was predestined or something. That summer was magical, as one would expect after finding a new awe and appreciation for still being alive. He confessed his attraction to me early on, and it allowed one of the hottest most psychedelic summers of my life to bloom from the chaos that had transpired.

The uncanny thing about your story is that even though some of the traits are flip flopped, you described aspects of our personalities really well. We never remodeled a house together, but I remember the ups and downs, the insecurities, and complications of trying to figure out how to have a functional sex life. You did a marvelous job of capturing that. He ended up getting a high paying job in the computer industry, and moved to Denver for training. This is where we broke up. It was a beautiful and melancholy time. I couldn't regret it because I felt so complete and appreciated as a woman after knowing and loving him.

Thanks for reminding me of that...I came here to get some inspiration to seduce myself for Valentines day, and I'm leaving with a warm feeling in my heart, of some of the most endearing and loving memories of my life.

Thank you,

Jade

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Aboslutely loved it)

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know how you liked it! I actually am really proud of this story, both for how it turned out and for how it gave me the opportunity to attain some personal growth and deeper understanding of what it's like for trans people. (I gained some deeper understanding of DIY remodeling stuff too but that's not as big a deal.) Have a great day, and thanks again for contributing a smile to mine!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Aboslutely loved it

I have read through this whole story over the day between taking care of real life and I must say I love it. The focus on story and romance instead of just straight up smut has made this one of my utmost favorite stories on this site. The romance blossomed lovingly over the 7 chapters and made me really believe and love these characters, you have done a wonderful job and you should be proud of this story. I look forward to your future works. ^_^

A.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@kinstalinist

I'm always extra-happy when people compliment my prose! I try to put things well, and it's great to know when I've succeeded.

Nick and I both started this story much more ignorant than we ended up. I had the idea for the story and knew that I couldn't write it without becoming better-informed than I was at that moment. Although I considered myself very progressive and open-minded, those qualities alone wouldn't let me bring authenticity to the story, so I worked at educating myself, and quickly found that I knew even less than I'd thought. The amount of struggle and heartache that trans people face hit me very hard and very quickly, and as a result, the challenges faced by Nick and Lindsey took on ever-greater importance to me. What I'd conceived of as a silly, quirky romance pulled me in and forced me to reach for a much deeper level of humanity.

I feel tremendously lucky to have had this idea, pursued it, and then received such amazing and beautiful input from people who have lived with these issues and worked their way through. It's hard to put into words how much admiration I've gained for people like you, who have the courage to find yourselves and be yourselves in the face of such a hostile culture all around.

Thank you so much for commenting. It's a genuine privilege to know that Lindsey and Nick's story has relevance and meaning, and that people can see themselves in the characters and feel affirmed by them. I'm humbled by your praise.

kinstalinistkinstalinistover 7 years ago
Beautiful story

I really loved this story. For one, the prose is really compelling. Like, damn. These are some beautiful words. That's the main thing that I remember being struck by basically immediately. Now, as for the story... at first I was a little worried about what kind of direction it was going to go in. Quite a few of Nick's thoughts right after he found out Lindsey is trans made me feel the familiar twinge of shame from being reminded of how a large portion of society thinks of girls like me. But then I considered that the story is written from a first-person perspective with Nick as the protagonist, so I decided to stick it out and hope that stuff would turn out to be Nick's ignorance, not the author's.

I'm glad I did. Once Nick got through his hangups and issues, I stopped getting that feeling of shame from the story. It turned to quite the opposite, in fact. I know Nick is the protagonist, but I couldn't help but instinctively identify with Lindsey, being a trans girl myself. Nick's genuine admiration of Lindsey was heartwarming, and his move from trepidation and the ever-present fragile masculine fear of being 'gay' to wholeheartedly embracing Lindsey's trans femininity and desiring her *because* of it, not in spite of it, felt really affirming for me. I can definitely relate to Lindsey's initial resigned assumption that revealing she's trans would effectively foreclose any possibility of being desired sexually.

A lot of Nick and Lindsey's first full-fledged sexual encounters made me think back to my first time with my girlfriend (which was also my first time, period; I guess I'm just like Lindsey in that I didn't even kiss anyone until college, haha!). I knew she was trans and was fully aware of what that likely implied, but when the clothes started coming off I still wasn't completely sure what to expect. Feeling that bulge when my hand slid over her crotch and later experiencing holding someone else's cock in my hand for the first time were pleasant thrills to me just like they are to Nick in the story. So I guess what I'm trying to say by sharing that is that the sexual encounters between Nick and Lindsey felt very real and relatable for me.

The way the story develops towards the end was such a nice surprise after my initial fears about where the story was going to go with Lindsey's transness and Nick's reaction to it. All in all, this was a really lovely story to read, thank you!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Love in Texas)

Thanks! Dallas is not without its charms ...

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love in Texas

Loved the story...makes me want to move to Dallas. Keep writing

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wow)

Thanks for complimenting the writing!

For me, this story is the story of Nick and Lindsey becoming a couple, so I think of these 7 chapters as a complete short novel. There could definitely be a sequel, but I don't have one planned at the moment.

I hope that's not too disappointing.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Are you going to finish this well written story or just leave us hanging

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Santacruzman

The future is elusive and mysterious! I'm writing a short story for an anthology at the moment, and then I need to finish revising "The Inn" for publication. We'll be into 2017 by then, and I honestly have no idea what I'll be writing next year! I do love these characters, though, so ... someday? I'm hopeful.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great writing- can we have more?

Th story was well written and dialogue very believable. It was nice for a change to see love overcome old social messages and see a straight guy go into the unknown for the woman he is falling for. I concur with others that we would like to see a little more of where what happens to these two people. So thank you for giving us story so far

Santacruzman

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (bravo!)

You're very welcome, and thank you for commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
bravo!

What a lovely story, thank you for your writing.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Fred190666

Many thanks! I'm especially gratified that you chose the word "warmest" ... it really captures my intentions in this story and makes me feel like I hit the mark I was aiming for.

At the moment, I'm deep in revision work and not sure when I'll put together a new story ... but I do have the week off for Thanksgiving, so maybe the writing bug will hit me ...

: )

Fred190666Fred190666over 7 years ago
Fantastic

Bravo. This is the warmest story I have ever read on this site. The characters and dialogue feel real and I was invested in the relationship. I read it 3 times already and I would have really wished for a chapter 8 or an epilogue. Well, I hope to read more from you soon

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Tbird82157

Life has a way of surprising us, when we open ourselves up and let it!

Thanks a ton for following me outside your normal comfort zone, and for taking the time to let me know about it!

Tbird82157Tbird82157over 7 years ago
I feel a bit like Nick in a way...

I don't read this genre of erotic fiction...I'm straight, if you'll allow the parallel. After reading your other works, though, and loving your writing style, I thought what the hell. It turns out that if the author is worth reading, the subject is secondary. You are a tremendously talented writer, and I hope to read more of your work in the future. Well done.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great.)

Thanks for the appreciative remarks! This story started off with no real ambitions beyond providing some fun, sexy fluff. But somehow, once I started writing Lindsey, I couldn't help going in a more mature direction.

I'm actually very close to having the book publication-ready, so if you have any more specific feedback on what research and development would improve it, please feel free to send it through my profile. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great.

The best of this genre yet on this site. Too many have focused only on action found in ultimately uninteresting, unsatisfactory endings. The character development, the centering story, and especially the pacing, which felt right. The emotional trepidation and romantic element especially made this story feel real. The ending was balanced, neither a downer or a euphoric ending. This raised the bar for all stories on this site, hopefully pushing middle school fantasies towards real literary efforts. With further research and development, a fine novel might result.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@tex4tg

Thanks! Having people want to reread my stories is one of the highest compliments I can think of.

I just finished up The Inn, and I need to unwind a bit before my next project. I've been writing at a rate of two novels a year for about 4 years, and I think I should put my head up and see if the real world's still there. I'll spend a month or two just working on author business, I think, and then I'm due to revise 3 different books for publication!

So my Literotica bibliography won't change for a while.

I love Nick and Lindsey too, though, so keep your fingers crossed that I win the lottery or something and can start writing full-time. I'm pretty sure I'll get back to them if that ever happens.

: )

tex4tgtex4tgalmost 8 years ago
3rd time i've read it

Thank you for the wonderful love story . Are you going to write more of Lindsey and nick ? I know its and older story but i love these two .

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Lookinfireman

I'm really glad you liked it! Sorry to hear that life's been tough. Everyone has those moments, but I know that for some, it's a lot rougher than for others. I'm lucky to have had things pretty easy, though certainly not perfect. So I try to share some hope and brightness with people through my stories. Thanks for letting me know I'm going in the right direction.

LookinfiremanLookinfiremanalmost 8 years ago
wonderfully written!

I have to say following the story had me craving the next chapter and the next one like a good book! The way you wrote the characters and as I always do with a good book I pictured myself as the main character in this case Nick, just wish the story was of my life instead of his, I honestly can say I felt for each character as life has been rather tough for my short time here, finding a beautiful woman like Lindsay would sure brighten anyone's life, keep up the wonderful writing!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@dca5347

Thanks! I'm delighted to hear that you thought so!

dca5347dca5347almost 8 years ago
Wonderful

I have never seen a story so romantic

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Floydman1

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the fact that you hold the story in such high esteem and took the time to say so. Nick and Lindsey are very dear to my heart. It's terrific to know that their story continues to make an impression on readers.

Good reading to you!

Floydman1Floydman1almost 8 years ago
Incredible

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. You managed to make these characters feel so real! And I loved the slow burn aspect of it. Like others, I'd like to see where things go but I, like you, also don't want some contrived situation, either. Thanks so much, this is the gold standard for TS/TV/TG stories especially but for all stories on this site!

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Wow. Just wow.)

Well, I'm glad you made an exception to your usual approach to serial stories!

I'll be pleased as punch if the right story idea occurs to me to continue Nick and Lindsey's story. We'll have to see if the muses inspire me at some point. For now, I have my hands full on other projects, though, I'm afraid.

Thanks so much for the stratospheric praise! It's wonderful to hear that kind of thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow. Just wow.

I've read a lot of stories on here, and I tend to stay away from ones with chapters due to inconsistency or just small peeves I have with amateur writing. This was hands down the best story I've ever read. I feel like the character Nick and I are basically the same person, the similarities are eerie but I absolutely love the immersion it adds to the story. It reminds me so much of my realization of my interest in T-girls. Well, fingers crossed if I help an old lady, she'll kick the bucket and leave me a house to fix up with her beautiful t-girl niece. On a more serious note, I've never commented on any stories on here before but I really thought this one deserves a congratulations. Would love for there to be a continuation of the story. You just gained a fan either way. Keep up the fantastic work.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (cumslut)

I think I mentioned in an earlier comment that Nick's proposal would be a blast to write! The wedding would be too, undoubtedly.

Sounds like you and your wife have a wonderful arrangement. Congratulations to both of you for hanging in so long and supporting each other's needs and fantasies!

Thanks for commenting ... I really appreciate hearing from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
cumslut

very nice, this should have really happened. if you should continue the story I would like it to end with their marriage. love is what is inside people, not what society thinks is right. and as a side bar your writing is very erotic. my wife of 19 years talked me into trying sex with men and I have enjoyed every hard cock I have sucked or taken in my ass, most times with her present. being bi is very satisfying. thank you

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Paul_Mall

Thank you!!! I consider that a huge compliment. Writing this story was kind of a personal growth experience for me too.

Paul_MallPaul_Mallalmost 8 years ago
Simply Amazing

i can honestly say that this series blew me away to such an extant that it actually

opened me up to trans stories in general.

thank you for this brilliant series. and please keep writing.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 8 years agoAuthor
@mydarkestid

Thanks for letting me know! I think a logical extension of the story might feature the next step of their relationship from Lindsey's point of view ... which I'm a bit scared of taking on because it wouldn't be appropriate to write it if I couldn't make her interior life authentic. But it's in the back of my mind, so maybe someday ...

mydarkestidmydarkestidabout 8 years ago

Enjoyed all seven chapters! The build up was fantastic. Would actually love to see how the house and relationship turns out.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great Job)

Thanks! I put a lot into this story, because I really wanted it to come alive for readers the way it had for me. As for further stories, my current serial isn't in the transsexual category, but I do have ideas for future ones down the road. Hopefully I'll get to them soon and you'll enjoy them as well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Job

At first I thought the story was running slow but then realized that I was still captivated. I read every single word of each chapter and was enthralled. You did an excellent job and I thank you.

Look forward to your future writings, preferably in the transsexual genre.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@piddlyass

You're more than welcome. And I thought you expressed yourself perfectly. My opinion is that people sometimes misconstrue the importance of talent in writing. In many cases, it's much more about having something to say and the motivation to say it. Simplicity and directness have a lot to recommend them!

Thanks for letting me know the story touched you. I really appreciate that.

piddlyasspiddlyassover 8 years ago
Thank You

You've written a wonderful story. I thought it was well paced and realistic. I identified with both Nick and Lindsey. I wish I was able to express myself better but I don't have the talent. It was beautiful, moving and romantic. Thank you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Please continue this series!)

I love these characters, but I have a ton on my plate right now, so I can't promise I'll be getting back to them in the immediate future. Every piece of encouragement does make me want to revisit a storyline, though. Cross your fingers and hope that I'll win the lottery and have tons of time to spare!

Thanks for sharing how much you enjoyed the series. It's good to know that the effort was appreciated!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES