Big in Japan Ch. 03

Story Info
Attending a Japanese funeral; the trial begins.
19.6k words
4.83
7.9k
5

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Note: if you try any of the whiskeys discussed in this story, please drink responsibly.

***

Part 13 - Land of the Rising Sun

10:00am, Tuesday, September 8th. The Ichimoku Industries jet that arrived at County Airport was the largest that the Airport could safely land and take off. During the hour it had taken to arrive, Teresa, Todd, and I had packed, including bringing our samurai swords in their tubes.

Laura had been 'invited' to go with us, as well, and it was an invitation that could not be honorably refused. Both she and I had always been concerned about flying together on the same aircraft, in case the unthinkable happened, but we knew that our children would be well cared for if we did not return.

As we boarded, the two Japanese pilots were near the door, and the rituals began by them saying "We are honored to be the pilots for the Iron Crowbar." as they bowed. I bowed back and said "I am honored to have you as our pilots."

There were Japanese and American persons aboard, diplomats and State Department personnel from Washington. All of the Japanese aboard stood and bowed to us, and we returned the bows properly. The Japanese were looking skeptically at the Americans on the plane, and one of them asked quietly "Should we be bowing, too?"

"It would be good manners if you did." replied Laura. The older Americans, who knew who she was, got up and bowed, followed by (most of) the younger Americans. We bowed back, and tension in the aircraft was relieved.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The whole plane was pretty much first class, except for the rear area, which was meant to be a Press pool. The first-class seats could even be made into beds. Laura, Todd, and myself were a bit too tall for that, but we could recline and be comfortable. Curtains partitioned us from the others in the seats behind us, affording us some privacy.

"It's going to be an eleven-hour flight, with stops in Seattle and Anchorage." I told my group. "Japan is 14 hours ahead of us, so it's midnight going into Wednesday there now, and will be about 11:00am Wednesday local time when we get to Tokyo."

"Once we're there," Todd said, "we'll ride to Gifu Prefecture on a Shinkansen train. The Shinkansen is the Japanese network of bullet trains, their high-speed rail system. I would imagine, Uncle Don, that they will want you and Teresa to go immediately to see Misaki-sama." I nodded solemnly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We refueled in Seattle and Anchorage, adding time to the trip. We also added more passengers of both Japanese and American nationalities. What was going on was a 'BFD', I knew, but I may have underestimated just how 'B' an 'FD' it truly was.

Just before we were to arrive in Tokyo, we all changed clothes. Laura and Teresa put on silvery white kimonos with the Clan of the Crowbar logos and black sash belts, while Todd and I donned black kimonos with the Clan mon. My sash belt was red, while Todd's was black. And yes, Teresa, Todd, and I were wearing our swords. Laura had a tantō, a very short short-sword, which she deftly concealed; that was adequate.

The Japanese on the plane had also changed to formal kimonos of various colors. Most of the American diplomats aboard did not understand, and had wasted a huge opportunity to learn some things during the flight.

At 1:00pm local time, Wednesday September 9th, we disembarked at Tokyo Narita Airport (NRT) and were taken through hallways, that the Public did not see, to the rail terminal. We boarded a special express train and were whisked into Tokyo, about 60 km west of the airport.

We stopped in Tokyo, where the other Americans got off the train. They were being taken to the American Embassy. Some of the other Japanese also got off there. The rest of us went through a series of rail switches, and were soon going southwest.

"There's Fujisan." Todd said as the famous Mount Fuji came into view. It was an impressive sight, and much prettier than any photos I'd ever seen.

The train then curved to go more westerly. "Gifu Prefecture and the town of Gifu is just north of the city of Nagoya." Todd said. "It's mountainous there, mostly farms and small towns. Takaki Misaki-sama was born there; it's his family's ancestral home."

I nodded as i looked at the scenery out the window. It was indeed beautiful, mountainous, with villages surrounded by farmland. And I understood why Misaki-san had returned here.

He had come home to die.

Part 14 - Big In Japan

At Nagoya's train station we disembarked. We were met by a cousin of Takaki Nagamasa and Mariko, who introduced himself with great formality. As he was an Agent of the Japanese Intelligence Services, I will not name him here, but simply refer to him as 'our host'. He told us that we would be staying in a guest cottage on the grounds of the Takaki family estate.

We were loaded into a shuttle van. Japanese Police vehicles escorted us as we were driven to the town of Gifu. "It's all very pretty." Laura said as she looked out the window with great curiosity. "The Gifu Festival would be fun to visit, but it's in the Spring."

"And the Gifu Nobunaga Festival is the first Saturday and the following Sunday in October." I said. "It honors Oda Nobunaga, who unified most of Japan but was assassinated. Ultimately, that led to the Battle of Sekigahara, where Tokugawa Ieyasu won the Shogunate. Where is Sekigahara, by the way?"

"It is in the southwest corner of Gifu Prefecture, Sire." said our host. Not very far from here." I nodded in acknowledgement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When we arrived at the Takaki home compound, we found it to be abuzz with activity. Guests of very high rank in Japan were here, and being tended to in the guesthouses. We were brought to a cottage near the main house.

"Gomen nasai, Don-sama." our host said as our things were taken inside. "This guest cottage is totally inadequate for an advisor to the Emperor who is so greatly admired by my uncle. I am so sorry that we have to use it."

"It is excellent." I said in reply. "It will do very well. On behalf of my family, I thank you for your generosity."

Indeed, it was very nice. Two bedrooms, a main room, a small Buddhist shrine in the corner, and a dining room with a low table. The kitchen was in back, semi-detached, as was the bathroom. Both had running water, which was good.

No sooner had we put our things down when our host said "Please excuse me, Sire, but it is imperative that we go to see Misaki-sama immediately. We truly do not know how much time he has left."

"Certainly." I said. We put our swords in their correct places in our sash belts. I also put on a starched overmantle, which was expected of me as a 'personal adviser to the Emperor' and peer of Misaki-san."

It was late afternoon and the shadows were beginning to lengthen as our small procession went to the main house. When we went inside, we were formally greeted by Misaki's children, Nagamasa and Mariko.

"We are so honored by your arrival, Don-sama." Nagamasa said as everyone exchanged bows. "You are just in time."

I presented everyone to them, and of course everyone knew everyone. Then they took us to a small reception of dignitaries. The most important of those was Ogaki, Prince of the 
Seventh rank, cousin of the Emperor. He was the formal representative of the Chrysanthemum Throne. Teresa and I had met him when she went through her samurai ceremony. (Author's note: 'Teresa's Christmas Finale', Ch. 03.)

Prince Ogaki received us with formality, and though time was of the essence, we went through the meticulous ritual. Once we were able to, Mariko led us up to Misaki's room. I steeled myself, not knowing what to expect, then went inside, followed at a respectful and respectable distance by Laura, Teresa, and Todd.

Takaki Misaki, patriarch of the clan Takaki, personal advisor to the Emperor, head of all Japanese Intelligence, was lying on a hospital bed next to a window that gave him a good view of the valley outside his home. He was attached to monitors that told the tale... his life was coming peacefully to its close.

"Sire." Mariko said. "Commander Troy-sama is here. With his family, and clan." The ancient man had looked old when I first met him; and he looked old now as he opened his eyes and fixed them upon me. I bowed formally.

"Ah, Don-san, you have arrived in time." he said, his voice weak, as Mariko retreated, giving us privacy.

"I am honored to be here and at your service, Sire." I said.

"Heh heh." Misaki said. "Ever polite. You know our customs well, Don-san."

"Arigato, Sire." I said, then waved Laura up. "May I present my wife, Laura?"

"Ah, Laura Fredricson." Misaki said, his eyes lighting up a bit. "I have not had the honor to see you since... how many years ago?"

"Over twenty, Misaki-san." Laura said. "Circumstances did not permit us to meet very often."

"Yes. But you married this great man. That is very good." Misaki said. "Ah, hello Todd-san. Thank you for watching over my daughter for these past few years."

"It has been my honor, Misaki-sama." Todd said, bowing. "Her service to us has been invaluable."

"And Teresa-san... the Iron Wolf." said Misaki, his old eyes lighting up considerably. "You are truly what a samurai warrior, a true warrior, should be. Your bravery, rescuing that child, it will live forever... as will your gift to your Hospital. Your example is the true meaning of the word samurai: to serve. I am greatly honored to know you."

"Arigato, Misaki-sama." Teresa said, bowing formally.

"Listen, there is not much time." Misaki said. "Please excuse me, but I must talk to Don-san." Everyone else bowed and retreated back to where Mariko and Nagamasa were.

Misaki said: "First, Don-san, I want you and Teresa-san to stay here, and be formal witnesses to my... to my death."

"We would be greatly honored." I said, bowing. And I was. With that gesture, Misaki had all but called me part of his family. And his admiration of Teresa was just as great.

"And second," said Misaki, "I ask you to help my son and daughter whenever you can. Watch out for them when you can."

"Of course, Sire." I said.

"Ah, yesss..." Misaki said, his voice and eyes wandering. "I remember that day... so well... when I asked you how my son Taichi-sama died, and you told me 'he died well'. I bound you to me that day, Crowbar-san. I knew then that you were the man of honor that would defeat all our enemies..." (Author's note: 'Seriously Inconvenienced', Ch. 05.)

"It was my honor, Sire." I said. "And your son's bravery and sacrifice will live forever."

Misaki was flagging, as the effort of greeting us and talking was draining his already rapidly dwindling strength. With a bow, I retreated to where the rest of the family was and sat in a chair to wait...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The sun had set, and darkness had enveloped the land. The only light in the room was from the monitoring equipment and a candle that was on a table. Incense and flowers would be put on that table after the death, as a small shrine. I could see through the window, and I saw drops of light in the inky blackness of the night; they were people's homes.

At one point in time, we were invited to go to another room to eat. Everyone except Nagamasa, Teresa, and me left the room. When Mariko and their relative (who had initially greeted us, and I call 'our host') returned, Nagamasa went to eat. I whispered to Teresa that she should go eat, but she stayed right there with me.

As we waited, I turned my mind inward. I contemplated life and my purpose in it, then had thoughts of gratitude for my family and closest friends. Then my mind inexorably went to the cases in front of us, from the plane sabotage to the death of Easton Windham in my Town & County. And the puzzle fell into place, one piece at a time...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I heard a bell toll somewhere. It was now Thursday, September 10th in Japan. Mariko brought in some cha, and served all of us the fragrant tea in beautiful porcelain cups.

Some time after that, Misaki-san opened his eyes and whispered "Cha, dozo." Mariko poured and served him the tea, helping him to drink it. It was close to room temperature, so he was able to drink it more easily. He then began speaking in Japanese, which 'our host' quietly translated to me and Teresa.

"Listen," Misaki was saying, "this is my death poem:

"The wind
has brought me secrets
to use and to keep,
Now I become the wind
no more secrets
to keep.
"

We all bowed low as we measured Misaki-sama's words against our souls. Misaki looked over all of us with a smile of affection on his ancient face, then said "Protect my children, Don-sama." And by 'children', I knew he meant not just his own children, but all the children of Japan and her allies, against all enemies foreign and domestic.

As I bowed in acknowledgement, Misaki closed his eyes for the last time. For two hours we watched as his breathing became more and more shallow, with gaps between them. And then the barely audible monotone of the monitor told us that the final chapter of his story was written.

Takaki Misaki now walked with the kami.

Part 15 - Sex In Japan

After Misaki's death, his children Nagamasa and Mariko performed the matsugo-no-mizu, the 'water of the last moment', placing water on their father's lips. At the same time, 'our host' put out the candle on the small table, placed flowers around the candle... and then covered it up with a white cloth. That was to keep impure spirits from coming in.

At 7:00am local time (Thursday, September 10th), Teresa and I were taken back to our cottage to have some food. We were served a very delicious fish soup, then fried rice with fish and vegetables. Breakfast in Japan is often a small meal, and may be mostly leftovers of the previous day's dinner. So I had to break some protocol and ask for a second helping of the fried rice, which I got.

Some minutes later, Todd and Laura came out of one of the bedrooms. It was obvious to me that Laura had relieved Todd's sexual tensions by sucking his huge cock and then draining his balls into her deep, clutching pussy. I felt my own 'little crowbar' stirring.

"I don't suppose they have any coffee, do they?" Laura asked as she and Todd sat down Japanese-style at the low table with us.

"Oh yes." Teresa said. "There's a coffeepot in the kitchen, and they were making some." Indeed, an instant later a young Japanese woman, whose smile reminded me of the happy acolytes of The Vision, came in with four coffee mugs. Another young lady poured our cups of coffee, then they left us.

"We're being listened to." Laura said quietly as she sipped her coffee.

"No doubt." I said. "We're on the ancestral grounds of not only the center of Japanese Intelligence, but of the spymasters of Japan of many generations. As an example, think of an unbroken line of Iron Crowbars going several hundred years."

"I hope that will happen." Teresa said.

"We won't be here to see it." Laura said, subtly signaling her lack of approval at the thought. Hmmm....

"So what's going to happen today?" I asked Todd.

He said: "Nagamasa-san and Mariko are notifying the authorities and going through the legal stuff, and notifying the Buddhist Temple. This morning a nōkan, or encoffining ritual will be performed. It's an ancient practice, but basically the equivalent of our funeral homes preparing a body. As you know, Misaki-sama was very much into ancient rituals, and we'll see some things not normally done during modern Japanese funerals."

Todd: "After the nōkan ceremonial, he'll be dressed in a white death kimono, and six coins for crossing the River of Three Crossings will be put in the coffin with him. The coffin will be placed for what I'll call the 'wake' with the head facing north. Some want their bodies placed facing west, where the Amida Buddha is believed to be. One interesting thing is that while we're alive, we wrap our kimonos left-over-right. The deceased's kimono will be wrapped right-over-left."

Todd: "Normally, the funeral would be held the day after the wake, which will be this afternoon, followed by cremation and a ceremony where the bones are picked out of the ashes with metal chopsticks, with two people plucking bones at the same time, and placed in the burial urn. That's why it's considered very bad manners for two people to hold food or something else with chopsticks at the same time, or pass food directly via chopsticks... it reminds the Japanese of the funeral process." That was interesting, I thought as I nodded.

Todd; "But Mariko told me that Misaki-sama wanted something different. So they will have the cremation and the bone picking tonight, and at tomorrow's funeral Misaki-sama's ashes will be in a simple wooden coffin, which will be put on a pyre and set afire..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Oh, when you're big in Japan, tonight,
big in Japan, be tight
Big in Japan, ooh, the eastern sea's so blue
Big in Japan, alright,
pay then I'll sleep by your side
Things are easy when you're big in Japan"
------ Alphaville, 'Big In Japan'

Laura and I went to our bedroom, ostensibly to change to bathrobes to go to the bath house. My wife had other plans. She turned at the side of the bed and dropped her kimono to the floor, revealing her glorious, naked body.

Her black pubic bush was matted with Todd cum, and the sight of it, and the rest of her, made my cock iron hard and throbbing with lust. I disrobed quickly.

"Mmmm," Laura said as she stepped forward and took my cock in her hand. "God, you're hard. Are you just happy to see me, or are you thinking that you're about to fuck my pussy that's full of Todd's cum?"

"Both." I groaned as Laura knelt in front of me and took my bobbing boner into her mouth, her lipsticked lips sliding down the taut shaft. I groaned as my wife fellated me, sucking hard as she pulled back, only to engulf my member into her throat again.

"Mmm, you're too horny." Laura said. "You're going to pop off." She stood up, then pulled me by the handle of my cock to the bed. She reached over and took some fragrant oil, and coated my cock with the slippery substance for lubrication. Semen isn't always the best lubricant.

After my cock was shiny, slick and wet with the oil, Laura fell back on it on her back, spreading her legs obscenely as she pulled me on top of her. I fell on her, and my cock unerringly found her juicy cunt hole. I sank into her, balls-deep in ecstasy, until our pelvises ground together.

"Oh God! that's good!" Laura gasped out as I began pistoning my throbbing dick in and out of her, fucking her hard and deep, enjoying the wetness of her vagina.

"Mmm, you love getting sloppy seconds, dontcha?" Laura said huskily as she gripped my hips, pulling me into her as her loins rotated to help me churn her cunt into a creamy, frothy lather. Her previous lover's semen bubbled around the edges of our joined loins as I lustily fucked her. "You love fucking me after another man has come inside me, don't you?"