All Comments on 'Biographical Stress'

by rawallace

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
grayge37grayge37over 3 years ago

Thanks for offering some insight as to how an author feels when filling out the bio. I brought smiles and understanding.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 3 years ago
Location

The funny thing is, in my "A few words from . . ." section at the bottom, I narrowed my location in New York to a strip about three blocks wide and a mile long. But there are a lot of apartment buildings, so I'm anonymous among the thousands of people who live there.

RABSTARABSTAover 3 years ago
Fun to read.

I apreciate authors who share some information about themselves. I like to know where they are from. I may not know much about other countries, but having been in most states in the U. S. and having been stationed with guys from all over the country when in the military, I have got a bit of a feeling about other parts of this country.

I looked at your biographical page and I agree with you completely about the question of "race". A friend of mine from Uganda came to this country for college, and he was cooking spagetti on his stove and spilled boiling hot water on his wrist. His natural complexion is as black as anyone I've ever seen, but the new skin when his wrist healed was as white as mine!

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
Interestng

That was cute.

Thank you for taking the time to write it.

WilCox49WilCox49over 3 years ago
cute

It appears that there must be more options for some of the questions now than when I did mine.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago

The Single Most Critical Element in ALL COMMUNICATION is...

The Feedback Principle.

(Wilbur Schramm, I believe?)

Without it, we sink to the lowest, dumbest, level possible...

Computer Programmers

who think they Know All The Answers. :+)))

Even WORSE? They think they know all the QUESTIONS!!!!

Don't think about these too much.

We all learn more by listening...than we do by talking.

And ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ERROR!

Don't victimize yourself, and your writing, by intercepting feedback.

Pssst! I ALWAYS CHOOSE TO READ A FEMALE AUTHOR FIRST!!!

I want to know what you're thinking...and based on...?

Love to All...:+))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Alway read the bio

I always read about the author. I try to match what I read to what I see as the author’s personality!

WizardWhitebeardWizardWhitebeardalmost 3 years ago

BIOGRAPHY not BIBLIOGRAPHY

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Clever and creative. Now who else ever put entertaining words on paper, er screen about this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Insightful and a useful guide for others!

As a male, I am always interested in a woman's perspective, but then again I have always hid a very high regard for all my female friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As previously noted, biography, not bibliography... Then again, you deliberate on your biography questions such that you actually might do label your Phil N. DeBlanc biographical background. Have read your Nestling essay, and find it, along with your observations here, particularly regarding labels, orientations, and cultural practices, delightfully enlightening; thank you for sharing them in a world that increasingly needs needs them. Good luck, live long, and prosper.

BTW? I'm one of those over 60 males who appreciate character, plot, good grammar and better syntax, as well as sex.

rawallacerawallaceover 1 year agoAuthor

Okay. My sense of humor is confounding, I know. So, it's time to confess that the title of the piece Bibliography was an error made by the author due to the stress of providing the biographical information in the story. That makes the title itself part of the humor (or at least it was intended to be).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrawallace@rawallace
UPDATE: It has been a while since I last published a story here. I've returned to the sci-fi genre this time with a short story I hope you will enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments both favorable and not so favorable. I appreciate them all. I enjoy reading a wide variet...

story TAGS