Bite Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'You don't-'

"Hurry up now, your five minutes were up a long time ago." I cross my arms.

In seconds, Addison stands before me, completely at a loss for words and even somewhat scared of my presence in front of her. She manages to put on her clothes before I blurt out my decision.

"I want to solidify the bond."

I expect thunder and lightning to go off in the distance. Maybe for a witch to be conjured up on the spot with a cloud of smoke. Perhaps even a sharp gasp from Addison herself. Instead, I'm met with silence. There is no shift in my gut or some emotion that shines through. There is only the two of us staring at each other, wondering what the hell I have just subjected us to.

*-*-*

Out of all the rash decisions I have made in my life, and trust me I have made plenty, this one wins first, second, and third place.

Hands down.

Without a doubt.

Want to know how I know?

The loud knock on my door rouses me awake. I squint under the sunlight coming in from my bedroom window and snatch my phone from the bedside table. Ugh. I could have slept for at least half an hour more. My annoyance only increases when I realize the only person who would show up unannounced this early in the morning is not someone who will be happy to be here. This unexpected visit is not a pleasant drop by. I know it isn't.

I throw on some sweatpants, leaving my big t-shirt on, and pull my hair up into a messy bun.

"Coming!" I yell with more anger when the knocking starts up again.

I stomp across my living room and snatch the door open.

"What are you doing here?" I turn and wish the hunk of wood would slam on her face.

"Just visiting the person I meant to spend the rest of my life with." Addison's venomous tone makes my grumbling sound like a small kitten. She's had more practice being angry at the world, I'm sure.

I walk into my bathroom, leaving the door open so I can keep an eye on her as I wash my face and brush my teeth.

It is safe to say that neither of us want to be in each other's presence at the moment. Let alone in each other's lives for however long that will be. Had I known how literal the whole bond thing is meant to be, I would have taken a few days to enjoy my freedom. As soon as I spoke the words out loud, it was a done deal. Addison didn't even wait a few seconds after I said them before glaring at me for being so impulsive and ruining her life.

Because yes, even though I had an understanding with Gray, Addison wanted nothing to do with our bond. Unfortunately, I jumped the gun and took her choice away from her. I had no idea that dying was at the very top of her list. I can understand why she might be put out but did she ever stop to consider what I'm sacrificing in all of this?

I stare down at the toothbrush and deodorant, then look back at the small bottle of shampoo, no conditioner, at the moment, in the shower. If Addison was to open my fridge right now, she would find two eggs, a slice of moldy cheese, and half a bag of grapes.

Yes, my life is just an abundance of blessings.

But she doesn't know that. And it is still a part of my freedom I'm giving away without expecting anything in return. All I know is that the thought of losing Gray forever made me worried sick. It felt almost natural to weigh the odds and realize that I would gladly do what I can to save her. I already did it before. I just didn't know what an inconvenience it would become to all of us. Me, because I now have to deal with Addison. Gray, because she would rather only talk to me, and Addison, because she doesn't want to talk to either of us.

I've definitely screwed the pooch on this one. Ugh, no, terrible idiom!

I walk back into the living room and put my hands on my hips. "Couldn't you wait until this afternoon to talk?"

"No," She crosses her arms, pulling her long sleeves over her hands. She is so small. The dark circles under her eyes make me take some pity on her. "Plus, you may as well get used to seeing me at odd hours of the day. We are meant to start solidifying our bond. All thanks to you." She sneers at the end.

Was it pity I said I had for her? No, just indigestion.

"Can it wait until I've at least had a cup of coffee?" My eyes are start to droop again and I can't promise her I'll be able to function if I don't get my first fix of the day.

I don't typically rely on it but with my lack of sleep lately, it's safe to say I'm becoming an addict already.

She sighs and moves out of the way so I can go into the kitchen.

I feel the dark cloud behind me as I move around. If only she could have shown up as Gray. Gray is used to being in this place, she knows where to sit and how far away to stand. I would have been in a much better mood seeing her too. She would have probably gotten a decent meal out of it too. I stare back at Addison and notice she's staring at the coffee pot with a scowl.

"Are you hungry?" I open the fridge and take out the eggs.

No response.

"Have a seat, start talking." I put four slices of bread to toast and pull out some butter.

I hear her shifting behind me, still shooting dirty looks at my back but finally sitting down at the breakfast bar.

"Can I start by saying that I wish this was not happening?" She reiterates the same thoughts as before.

My heart sinks a little more today but I doubt it can sink any further if she keeps bashing it at this rate. Being rejected by a stranger shouldn't affect me like this. I should be able to brush my shoulders and shrug at her words. I shouldn't secretly wish that she felt differently. This isn't some romance story. I'm an idiot for even trying to think differently.

"Yes, you mentioned it a few times yesterday."

She huffs. "Well, just in case you ever forget."

I won't, I want to grumble.

There is silence between us. Only the sound of the coffee machine and the sizzle from the eggs fill the room.

"Gray wants me to let you know that she is happy to see you." Her voice is so low I almost miss it.

I look over my shoulder and can't help the small smile that takes over my lips.

I hear her sharp intake before looking away from me.

"Are you going to tell me why you're here?" I turn back to the eggs.

"We have to start the process of solidifying our bond. It is different phases that can be done as quickly or as slowly as we want it to. I'd rather get it over with."

I turn off the stove and pull the bread out of the toaster. I move around, aware that there are possibly two entities looking at me right now, moving around my kitchen with intense gazes. A flush rushes to my cheeks but I ignore it. I pull two plates and two mugs from the cabinet, preparing our meals.

"What is the rush again?" I take out a butter knife and set her breakfast down in front of her. I place my things on my side of the counter, leaving enough room between us. I feel safer in the kitchen anyways.

She stares down at it, clearly hungry, but also looking as if she is too good to eat scrambled eggs.

I place the black coffee in front of her and wait to see if she stubbornly refuses it too.

She doesn't.

Her dark, wild hair is draped around her shoulders, rubbing against her arms. Is it thick enough to keep her warm? It must be.

"Once you knowingly choose to become our...mate, we become vulnerable when we are not around you." She hates the idea as much as I do. I don't want them to get hurt because of me. "Solidifying the bond will take care of that. Or so I've heard."

"You're not sure?" I blow into my coffee and catch her lead gaze drop down to my lips.

"This whole thing has been a complete nightmare." She stares down at the coffee in her hands. A slight blush settling on her cheeks.

It is the first sign of vulnerability I've heard since we've met.

"Does it have to do with your bruises and cuts?"

She nods silently.

"And once we do this thing, you'll be safer?" Why do I care so much?

"Yes." She is back to being annoyed. "We do the ritual, perform the phases, I become more powerful, and then..." There's an uncertain look in her eyes. And then what?

"Okay," I silently contemplate my position in all of this and push my eggs around. "Can you give me a rundown of how you became...how Gray-" I'm not sure how to phrase the question.

She is still staring down at her coffee, a faraway look taking over her eyes. "It was sudden. I had no way to prepare for it. Just like...sitting at home one night and then getting hit by a train of pain." Her gaze tightens. "I ran away from where I was staying. I ran for so long. Completely lost."

Gray ran or she ran?

"I don't know how many days I was out of it until I woke up naked in the middle of the woods." She blows out a breath. "I don't know what triggered it. I've gone over that night time and time again and nothing seemed out of the ordinary."

"Was there a full moon?" I hope my question doesn't make her shut down.

She nods. "There were hundreds of full moons before that. Why that one?"

"How did you end up here?" How have her parents not come looking for her?

She ran away, they probably went to the police. But how could they know that half the time they're looking for a person that isn't around? What could she say to them? How can she risk turning in front of them?

"After I woke up all alone, dirty, and practically starving and dehydrated, I went to a shelter. Only for a few days and only to get my strength back. Then I did some research. I talked to people. I tried to find all there is to know about...it." She comes back to herself and looks at me, not glaring anymore. "I heard about a pack of wolves that reside in the woods halfway across the country."

I drop my gaze and nibble on my thumbnail.

"Had I known what was waiting for me here, I would have steered clear."

I grind my teeth but keep my anger to myself. She just told me a story about the most traumatic time in her life. The least I can do is show some sympathy. So, what if she wishes she never met me? She's here and there is nothing she can do to change the past now.

"You found the pack?"

"Yes," She sighs in defeat. "Not that they've been any help. There is a lot of shit hitting the fan right now. Their most recent leader was killed and now they have a stand in alpha. I've been pushed around by all of them, reminding me that I'm at the bottom of the food chain."

"Have you tried finding other packs?" I start to clear our things, knowing I have to get ready for work soon.

"I did. And then I was forced to come back." There is no anger in her voice.

I turn to look at her. "I'm sorry." I don't know why I say it.

Maybe because I hurt for the girl who left her home with no real plan. Not knowing how cruel the outside world would be to her. How she has been kicked while she's been down and can't seem to catch a break. How hollow her eyes looked when she came into the diner and asked for coffee the first day. How broken down she looks right now as I stare at her.

We stay silent and I rub my temple. "I have to get ready for work."

"I will be back tonight, I guess." She doesn't sound happy about having to be back.

"I have class tonight."

"Then I will see you after class."

"I have to sleep as soon as I get home because I have another early shift tomorrow." I don't want to be difficult but I also don't want her to expect me to be a pushover.

I will not roll over at the snap of her fingers, pun intended.

"Do I need to remind you that the sooner we get this over with, the easier it will be for us?"

"Easier for what?"

She groans and just shakes her head. "Whatever. Give me a call when you can make time in your precious little schedule." She picks up a pen from the counter and writes her number on an electricity bill. "Preferably before the next full moon."

"When is that?" I stare down at her neat handwriting.

"Two weeks." She shoots me a look. "Reach out way before that, okay?"

I wait until she leaves to stomp my feet and ball my hands into fists.

This was a horrible mistake.

*-*-*

Patience, it seems, is not one of Addison's virtues.

I'm leaving class, arm in arm with Jacky, discussing our upcoming paper. We're leaving the building, deep in discussion, unaware of our surroundings. She giggles at something and then her eyes shift to my face and she stops in the middle of the sidewalk, annoying the people passing by.

"You have an eyelash on one of your cheeks." She giggles with excitement. "Pick the correct cheek and you'll receive one wish."

I want to roll my eyes but I also wouldn't mind a little bit of luck right now. I point to my left cheek closely watching her reaction.

She goes in and plucks the loose eyelash and places it in front of my lips. "Now, blow."

Before I even get a chance to, I feel a presence closely behind me.

I turn and see Addison, watching the both of us without an ounce of emotion in her eyes.

"Hey," My eyes widen in surprise.

"Hey," She leans over and wraps an arm around my waist pulling me close until we're chest to chest.

I can feel my mouth widen in shock and the color rushes to my cheeks just as quick.

She's wearing a leather jacket today. Dark jeans and black boots. She feels as hot as she usually does but the sweater catches me off guard. It's weird to see her bundled up, not that anyone would really consider this staying warm. It is the most covered up I've seen her. I think her overall presence just catches me off guard and puts me on edge because I have no response to her proximity.

Has it really only been two days since we last saw each other?

My eyes widen even more when I see her leaning into me. Her lips brush against my temple, while her free hand cups my jaw. Her thumb lightly runs over the spot where Jacky just pulled the eyelash from. The kiss itself is short and chaste, almost insignificant. But her arm stays around my waist and she turns to Jacky.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude there. Just couldn't wait to see her." She reaches out with her other hand. "I'm Addison."

Although she is saying everything politely, there is a bite to her tone. Not sure if Jacky notices or not, I hope she doesn't. When I turn to look at her, she actually looks very impressed and thoroughly entertained.

She takes Addison's hand and gives her a smile. "I'm Jacky, Avery's friend."

"Nice to meet you. I don't think I've heard of you." Addison cocks her head to the side.

I drop my hand over hers, trying to be slick and pretend to love that she's holding me. But in reality, I dig my nail into her palm, warning her to behave. It would be a lot simpler to just push her off me and tell her off but seeing as this may not be the last time Jacky ever sees her, I have to make sure I don't do anything that will cost me in the future. I need them to at least tolerate each other.

I can handle this.

"Funny," Jacky smirks. "I've heard all about you."

I glare at her and mouth a big 'fuck off' to her before she can make things worse.

"I guess now that I know you'll be getting her home safe, I should be going." She gives each of us a little salute and walks to the parking lot behind her.

I will never live this down.

With controlled annoyance, I turn back and look at Addison. "What the hell was that?"

She gives me a troubled look but doesn't let go of my waist. Her eyes fall on my cheek again and she leans in and gives it a whiff. Then turns her head and starts sniffing, yes sniffing, my jacket.

I see a battle going on in her eyes. Anger, annoyance, trepidation, and confusion fighting for control. In the end, plain old honesty wins.

"You reek of her." She presses her lips together.

I'm taken aback by her response, not sure how to answer. I turn my head to the arm that was wrapped around Jacky's but I don't smell anything.

"What was all of that?" I decide to ignore her comment and hang on to the little bit of anger I have reserved for her.

"I don't know." She finally drops her arm and puts a few feet between us.

I look back and see Jacky's car gone.

"What are you even doing here? I thought you would wait until I called you." I walk to the bus stop not caring if she follows.

I need to breathe. I need to calm my heart rate. I need to calm my thoughts. That kiss. Oh gosh. That kiss was beautiful. I don't know how but it melted me inside. Like butter through a knife. I just wanted to become absolute putty in her hands. Me? Knees shaking, heart racing, ready to let her kiss me again if she wanted to. Not good.

"You weren't going to call." She follows a few paces behind. "I can't keep waiting around, knowing that I'm at risk with every mile of distance between us."

"How did you know where I was?" I sit down on the cold, wooden bench and secretly hope she sits next to me.

No, I don't want her near me. I want to think for just two seconds.

"Part of the package deal I guess." She sits on the other end.

"Package? There are more things?"

"Yes," She looks tense.

That is her way of saying she will not answer more questions about that.

"Jacky is just a friend." I set the record straight. "So whatever jealousy issues you have are wasted on her."

She stays silent and then shrugs out of her jacket. "Can you please put this on?"

"Why?"

"I can't concentrate on anything other than her scent on you right now."

I take it from her hands and put it on. It smells just like her but a little sweeter than before. Woodsy and refreshing but also mouthwatering. Has she always smelled so good?

"Better?"

"Yes," She visibly relaxes.

We sit silently until the bus pulls up and we both get on. I end up having to pay for both of us seeing as she doesn't have any money on her. It makes me give her a second once over, realizing that she looks sleep deprived and famished. She looks rough.

I go all the way to the back and take a window seat. She sits right next to me even though all the seats around us are open. I don't comment on it. I just lay my head against the window and enjoy the silence for as long as I can. Once or twice, I'll feel her thigh brush against mine as she shifts but I pretend to be oblivious to it.

We make it all the way to my stop and off the bus before she starts talking again. We walk down the street, on the way to my place.

"I think I need to stay at your place."

Not a question but also not a direct order. More like a suggestion. I know it is probably eating her up to even say it out loud. The same girl who would come and use quarters to pay for her coffee and pretend that her lip wasn't busted wants to stay with me. I highly doubt it is by choice but I know it still stings for her. As for me, I can't bring myself to turn her away. To tell her no and hope that she figures out where she's staying tonight.

"Where have you been staying?" My curiosity will remain endless with her. She doesn't offer anything and I have to ask specific questions if I want answers. And that's only if she feels like answering.

"At the pack house. Sometimes."

"And other times?"

She doesn't answer.

"Of course, you can stay with me." It will mean I will have less privacy but I'm not home around a lot. And when I am, I'm either studying or sleeping. We won't be seeing much of each other. I'm sure she'll also make herself scarce unless she needs something.

"Thank you." She bites her bottom lip and then offers me just one golden nugget. "Being near you has helped me feel infinitely better."

I stare at my feet as we walk. I push down the warm feeling blossoming in my chest. My heart doesn't realize that she feels that way because of the bond. Not because she likes me. And she needs her strength. This is purely a necessity for her.

Once we get inside my apartment I point to the bathroom. "You can shower and use whatever you need. I'll get you some comfortable PJs. I speed walk to my room. She can't run in here and tell me she changed her mind once I'm hidden. She probably wants to inform me that she takes it all back and does not want my help and would rather stay elsewhere but tough luck. I will stay in here until she's in the shower and realizes staying here is the best option. For her and Gray.

1...45678...14