Bittersweet Irish Cream Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack also thanked her and together they went downstairs into their apartment. EJ came running into the main area when he heard the door open.

"Dad!" he yelled and ran up to Ethan, wrapping his arms around him. Ethan patted his back. "What happened? Who said you kidnapped Jamie?"

But again, before Ethan could respond, Jack said, "We'll talk about it later. Right now just know that everything is fine, the police made a mistake and apologized for it, and Jamie is staying right here with us."

"But-"

"Where are the girls?" Ethan asked, cutting him off.

"I let them play in their room. I know you said to keep them in my room but they kept asking questions and then they were bored. I also gave them Doritos and ice cream." He cringed. "Sorry."

Ethan patted his back again. "You did everything right, son. Thank you." He kissed the top of his son's head and went into the room to hug his daughters.

EJ turned to Jack. "We're all late for school, Pop."

Jack said, "That's okay. We're going to have a family day instead. We'll watch movies and order Chinese food for lunch and just hang out in the house. Is that okay?"

"Yea but...why?" He looked at his father curiously. "Something's wrong."

Jack didn't want to lie, so he said, "Yes, something is happening. And we'll figure it out as a family. But today, your dad and I just want to be a family. Can we do that? And have our family meeting tomorrow?"

EJ hesitated, then said, "Okay, Pop."

Ethan came out of the room with Susie in his arms holding tightly to his neck and Jackie holding tightly onto his hand. They stared at each other, both still feeling anger and frustration. Then Jack took a deep breath, let it out quickly and smiled that dimpled smile at him. Ethan closed his eyes and took a deep breath, let it out slowly, then opened them. He nodded at Jack.

Jack said, "Who wants more ice cream?"

"Meeeeee!" Both his daughters yelled excitedly. Jack put Jamie in the bassinet and the girls followed him to the kitchen. He decided to bring the tub to the living room with five spoons and they ate on the living room floor, letting Catty the cat lick from their hands.

After arguing on which movie to watch, they agreed that Christmas movies were the way to go, and decided to watch all the Home Alone movies back to back, eating Chinese food for lunch as promised, taking turns holding and feeding Jamie. They cooked dinner at home and nobody fussed when it was time to take their baths and go to bed.

At the end of the night, Jack and Ethan crashed on the couch together and held hands. "How could one day be the shittiest and the best day ever?" Jack said as he laid on his husband's shoulder.

"Yea, I know," Ethan agreed. "So what now?"

Jack squeezed his hand. "Now we fight to keep our family together. Now we fight for our son." Ethan squeezed his hand back in response.