Black and Blue Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Based on the science." Cindy replied. She should be a professional softball pitcher, I thought to myself.

"And here's what's happening with that." I replied, handing out a sheet of blank notebook paper to each of my three Angels. "Teresa, hand me that piece of paper and tell me it shows man-made climate change is a fraud. Then Cindy can hand me a piece of paper that claims climate change is real. Tanya can give me her sheet of paper and say whatever she wants. I'll play the U.S. EPA, the Government agency pumping out the money to study this. Go ahead."

Teresa handed me a piece of notebook paper and said "Climate Change is a fraud."

"Oh, why thank you for this." I replied. "We don't need for you to study this any further."

I nodded to Cindy, who all but flung her piece of notebook paper at me. I said "Oh, this agrees with our political agenda that climate change is real. We need for you to study this further. Here's a hundred million dollars in grant money for you to keep studying this. Okay, Tanya, whaddya got?"

Tanya slid her paper over and said "Uh, I'll just say climate change is real, so I can get the hundred million."

"That's exactly what I wanted and expected to hear." I said. "Here's a hundred million dollars for you to study climate change further. And as the Government, I have billions to give away to study this more... as long as you conclude what our agenda wants you to conclude. Teresa gets left out, since she found the truth, not what we the EPA wanted to hear."

Teresa said "Good thing I inherited my hundred million, n'est pas?" We all laughed at that.

"But the point is well made." said Sheriff Griswold. "And the same people paying for the so-called research are the ones that are demanding you 'trust the science'."

"So what is the point of doing that?" asked Chief Moynahan. "What is the end benefit?"

"Political gain." I said. "The redistribution of wealth, and the crushing of capitalism. The Left, should they get power, will say that 'climate change is the greatest threat we face', and use that to regulate energy production to the point it's destroyed, and to regulate businesses to the point they can't profit because they're spending all their time trying to meet the onerous regulations. Their costs go up to the point they can't continue. And transportation by air, rail, and trucks will be so impacted and become so expensive that they can't operate any more."

I continued: "And it also allows the Left to redistribute wealth. The ridiculous Kyoto and Paris Accords were nothing but a pure effort to drain America's business wealth into the semi-Socialist states of Europe. Any American President that would agree to such a theft of America's production and achievement is nothing more than a traitor to this nation and our citizens."

"Why don't the Republicans say something?" asked Captain Tanya P. Muscone. "Why aren't they calling the Democrats out on it?"

"Because of the corrupt group that is the most dangerous threat to our Freedom today: the God-damned Mainstream Media." I replied.

I went on: "Some Conservatives DO call out the Dems over the fraud, but the Media calls them every vile name they can think of, including to accuse them of wanting people to drink dirty water. And that's only when they can't stop us from hearing any opinion that is not in jackbooted lockstep with the Media's downright Socialist agenda."

"And to that point," I said, "If Teresa's paper here were to get out to public viewing, the Media would tell the Public that 'those are just political Conservative talking points', while whatever agrees with them is 'proven, settled science' that we are expected to believe."

"Strong letter to fol-lowww." said Chief Moynahan as I paused to catch my breath.

"I'm glad you're ambivalent about it, Crowbar." teased Griswold, his mustaches twitching merrily.

"I'd apologize for the 'waxing poetic' and the diatribe," I said, "but the fraud of 'climate change' is one of my pet peeves in this world, and something that people need to realize."

Cindy got up and said "Excuse me a moment." She rushed out of the room.

"Was it something you said, Mister Crowbarrrr?" Chief Moynahan said, meaning it humorously.

"No sir." I said. "I suspect Commander Ross is in the ladies room, getting sick... and she would've done so no matter what we were discussing."

"She got sick yesterday morning, too." said Teresa. "She didn't want me to tell y'all about it, and said it'd pass."

"Is she okay?" asked the Chief. "Is there a flu bug going around?"

"No sir." I said. "I strongly suspect it's... morning sickness." Yes, that got me a few hard looks.

"You're all Detectives." I said in reply to the looks. "Observe and deduce, people. Observe and deduce..."

Part 3 - May Day Activities

9:00am, Friday, May 1st. It was one of 'those' days, where we did promotions and medals. The proper uniform was 'semi-formal', with ribbons instead of full medals, and we MOV recipients had all agreed to not wear the actual medals around our necks, saving those times for the bigger February and August ceremonies.

"Feeling better?" I asked as Cindy came into my office with the 'bling'.

"Much." Cindy said. "And I hear tell the cat somehow got out of the bag about my

'condition'."

"You're in a building full of the best Detectives on the planet." I replied. "Cats do escape bags around here."

"And not just here." Cindy replied. "It was your eldest daughter that asked her mother why my cheeks were so rosy, prompting your wife to all but force me to come to her office for an appointment, whereupon she confirmed... that I'm pregnant."

"Congratulations." I said, as it was the first time Cindy had admitted it. "Actually, Carole asked me first about your rosy cheeks, and I told her to go ask her mother about it." That made Cindy chuckle. I then said "Okay, what are we giving away today?"

"Mostly Certificates of Achievement." Cindy said. "Two of those are for you, for your part in the solving the 'Faster Than Light' serial killer case in Atlanta, and for delivering Jack Muscone to his wedding by... unapproved methods."

"The next time we have to jump out of a plane wired with explosives, I'll try to get your approval beforehand." I replied. "So Julia Rodriguez is getting a Certificate?"

"Yes." said Cindy. "Captain Muscone, Captain Perlman at the time, thought she rose above the pack on the Stoddard murder. I suspect résumé-padding for future promotions, but I'm okay with it. Anyhoo, there are Certs for a number of Uniformed Officers. Patrolman Kevin Buchannan is getting one, for issuing the most citations that held up in Court. And then there's one.. for Sergeant McCombs."

"What?!" I almost exploded. "What did that dirtbag do to deserve anything?"

Sergeant McCombs was the dirtiest Officer still employed by the TCPD. He'd worked with Leonard 'Sergeant' Sharples', dirty Commander Brownlee, Brett Bryce, and Jeremy Hatch. And he and Justin Hendricks always seemed to show up when something dirty was going on. (Author's note: 'The Porno Set Mystery', Ch. 01; 'Silverfish', Ch. 02-03; 'Going Rogue', Ch. 03-04; 'Red Squad', Ch. 02, 04; among others.)

"He made a drug bust here while we were in Teresa's hometown." Cindy said. "He pulled over a car with four black men, all in their early 20s, and found three kilos of dirty smack and one of fentanyl hidden in the trunk."

"Damn, I don't remember seeing that when I reviewed everything." I said, getting introspective in my thinking. "And I don't have time to look at it now."

"I looked at it when I first saw the citation." said Cindy. "It seemed legit, and Sergeant McGhillie and Lt. Hewitt both passed off on it."

"And that's part of the problem." I said as we collected the 'bling' into the boxes and walked into the hallway. "Don't Hewitt and McGhillie know what a dirtbag McCombs is? Anything he does should be thoroughly reviewed."

"Well, it's spilt milk now." Cindy replied. "And it may be all good. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Ceremonies went smoothly and efficiently. We swore in two new Officers. One of them was Detective Lisa Monroe from the City Police Department (Author's note: 'Iscariot', Ch. 01.). We'd hired her away from them as a Detective-2, and she was joining our Vice Squad.

Also being sworn in was Captain Damien Thompson's wife LaTasha, as an Auxiliary Police Officer. She was working in Intel as a civilian, but now had the authority to carry and use a firearm if necessary.

I got a sense of something on two occasions. The first was when Sergeant McCombs was awarded his Certificate of Achievement. He looked rather smug as the Chief handed him the framed certificate, but I noticed that his fellow Police Officers seemed unhappy about it... even Officers Justin Hendricks and Jeremy Hatch, who normally were McCombs's cronies. And the black Police Officers did not applaud McCombs's receiving the award.

Next was Julia Rodriguez's Certificate... I sensed that the other Detectives weren't particularly happy about her receiving that award.

The largest applause was when Chief Moynahan announced that the brackets for the Police Boxing Matches would be posted later that afternoon.

After the ceremonies were over, I told Lt. Commander Croyle to let Lt. Hewitt and Sr. Sgt. McGhillie know that I wanted to meet with them later in the day, and that it was about the McCombs award.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I had Captain Tanya Muscone go to my office immediately. Once she was parked and I was seated, I said "I'm curious about that cert for Julia Rodriguez. Why did you put her in for it?"

Tanya replied "She really stepped up and challenged Tracy Stone when Stone was about to make a mess of things. I thought Julia showed good leadership and good thinking in working to keep the case preserved." When I just nodded thoughtfully, she asked "Something wrong, sir?"

I replied "I'm not sure. Tell you what, do a quiet, private poll of your Lieutenants, and see how that award went over with Rodriguez's colleagues. And the other thing I wanted to ask you about was that drug bust McCombs made while we were in Teresa's hometown. I didn't know about it until I saw McCombs's cert today. It's my bad that I didn't see it, but while I have you here now, give me your two bits on that."

Tanya's face got a little worried and also 'inquiring' as she said "No sir, it's my bad that you didn't hear about that. I should've briefed you on it earlier. What happened is that Intel Branch had been putting together some stuff on Jacquez Wilson and his gang, the 'Block House Boyz'. Jacquez has been cutting into T-Mac's turf, and there have been some shooting skirmishes that we fear may become a drug war in the Southwestern Ghetto." (Author's note: 'Time Flies', Ch 01.)

Tanya: "Our undercover man J.J. 'Ice Cube' Perry has made some inroads into Wilson's gang, though not enough to become a full member or anything like that. So we have some names, car tags, and burner phone numbers we've been following. Wilson has become more active in the drug trade recently, and word in several places is that he's raising money to arm blacks for what the FBI believes is about to be upcoming black unrest and riots all around the country."

Tanya: "So McCombs is driving down County Road 5 when he spots a brown Impala driving east on a private property farm road. When they turned onto County 5, he pulled them over. The car tag was one that Intel knew about, and the radio dispatcher told McCombs that, so he made the four men get out of the car. He frisked them for weapons, finding none on their persons, then he called in the drivers license of the driver. His real name matched that of one of Jacquez's top lieutenants, who goes by the nickname 'Toddler'."

Tanya: "So McCombs called in for backup, and Justin Hendricks and Jeremy Hatch arrived shortly afterwards. No, I don't know why Hatch was on patrol. McCombs also called in for Sergeant Tango, our drug dog. Tango alerted, and the smack and fentanyl was found in a hiding place in the trunk that's a pretty standard place to hide stuff. Additionally, a firearm was found in the glove compartment of the car."

"What's the status of the four perps?" I asked.

"Two are out on bail, awaiting trial." said Tanya. "And you don't need me to tell you who the judge was that gave them bail: Nance. He did set it at $100,000 apiece, and only two of the perps, 'Toddler' and 'Camo', made bail. The other two are rotting in County Jail, last I heard."

"So they've skipped Town?" I asked.

"I can get Intel to check and see, sir." said Tanya.

"Do that." I said. "And be prepared for a meeting today, with your Lieutenants also attending. You can go."

"If I may, sir," Tanya said, "Lisa Monroe was hired into Vice. I'm thinking you want me to partner her with Joan Laurer?"

"You are thinking correctly." I said. "And Grubby Paul will officially be partnered with 'Ice Cube' Perry..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After Tanya drove out at a high rate of speed, I turned to my computer and looked up the McCombs bust. I read the Police reports, McCombs's and Hendricks's reports, and the report of the K-9 Corps handler of Sergeant Tango. I also saw how I'd missed it: it hadn't been properly filed nor notated in the Duty Logs.

I called Lt. Commander Croyle into my office, and pointed out the discrepancies. She made a note on her notepad, and I knew some asses would be missing chunks in the near future, and rightfully so.

"In the meantime," I said, "let's you and me look at this. By sheer coincidence I'm sure, this happened on the night of Friday, April 10th, while we were in your hometown."

We began perusing the case. I said "It looks clean and legit. Probable cause is a bit weak, though. McCombs says he was patrolling south on County Road 5 when he spotted the car coming east from a dirt road that went through a farm field. He pulled it over when the car turned onto County Road 5."

Teresa said "McCombs wrote that his probable cause was the intel that had been developed on the perps, especially on the driver 'Toddler'. And by the way, where do they come up with those wonderful nicknames?"

"Same places we do... Iron Wolf." I quipped. "And yeah, that'll hold up in Court... in Court... Ohhhhh, shit!"

"What?" Teresa asked.

I shook my head, then said "Okay, McCombs said he called for backup, and Hendricks and Hatch responded that they were nearby and were responding. Their dashcam was on when they got there." I pulled up the footage from the evidence servers.

I narrated as I watched: "The video shows the four men sitting on the edge of the road behind their car and McCombs's car, none of them cuffed, with McCombs watching over them. Then Sergeant Tango and his handler show up ten minutes after being called for. The dog alerts on camera, McCombs makes the search, finds the contraband quickly enough. Then Hatch finds the firearm in the glove compartment. Hatch's Officer-cam was not on."

Teresa said "The four men got angry when the gun was produced. They were all saying that wasn't in there, and that Hatch had planted it. McCombs told them to shut up, and the evidence was bagged and tagged. Then two CSIs showed up and took charge of the vehicle as McCombs, Hendricks, and Hatch cuffed the four men and took them to County Jail."

I said "Seems cut and dried, no whining when the drugs were found, only when the weapon was found. Sooooo, what happened in Court? Hmmm, per this Court record, they were represented en masse by... ah, crap!... Gwen Munson, of Prodder, Ryder & Reems, P.C. That doubly sucks."

"Why?" Teresa asked.

"I'll tell you in a minute." I said. "So they all pled 'not guilty', and demanded the preliminary hearing not be waived on the gun charge. Nance agreed, and set the date for... good grief, next Monday, May 4th."

"May the Fourth be with you, young Skywalker." Teresa said.

"And we'll need it." I replied. "But sheesh!... that's a long damn time to give Munson for a preliminary hearing."

"I hadn't thought about that, but you're right, sir." said Teresa. "It is a long time."

"Okay, what time is the Police Boxing Matches bracket reveal?" I asked.

"One o'clock." said Teresa. "Not that I care; I'm prohibited from participating."

"Me too." I said. "And I say that as Defending Champion unable to defend his title... for the second time."

"So something bad happens every time you win." Teresa said with a straight face. "All the more reason to keep you out of it."

"Unfortunately you're right." I said. "Okay, put out the word: after that, have the Precinct Captains and Lieutenants, meaning Sr. Sgt. McGhillie as well, and the Captain of Detectives and her Lieutenants Three in the Main Conference Room. Feel free to invite Deputy Chief Ross, as well..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chief Moynahan was at a meeting with Sheriff Griswold, the Fire Chief, EMS Chief, and Public Health Officer. Our Sheriff liked to buy them lunch and talk candidly on the 1st or 2nd of every month.

Ergo, it was left to Your Iron Crowbar to execute the most dangerous assignment in the TCPD: putting up the brackets for the Police Boxing Matches (Freestyle Division). Captain Thompson helped me put up the large sheets of paper behind the glass mounted on the gymnasium wall, then we got out of the way. I pointed at Lt. Rudistan, who pushed the handle on the gym door to release the lock, then ran out of the way.

With neither Cindy nor Teresa holding them back, the Officers burst through the door and rushed to the brackets on the wall in a huge group, some running at the top of their speed, and not hesitating to push others out of their way...

*TWEEET!*

The Police whistle was blown by Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle. "What in the HELL are you people DOING?" she yelled angrily. "Get your asses back to the door and out of here! MOVE! NOW!" We just watched, stunned, as the Iron Wolf moved everyone back to the door, then stood in front of it once they were in the hallway.

"If you can't comport yourselves with discipline and patience," Teresa yelled, "then don't come in here! You will not embarrass me in front of the Police Commander like that again!"

Then she backed out of the way and blew the whistle... and everyone rushed in again, though not quite as badly as the previous time. Cindy and I were laughing as Teresa came up to us.

"You just couldn't resist being a badass one more time, could you?" I teased my Operations Commander.

Teresa just 'shrugged' her eyebrows in acquiescence, then asked "Who are the top seeds?"

"Julia Rodriguez is in the No. 1 slot." I said. "She's the only one of last year's final eight left. We can't compete, and neither can Rudistan, Davis, nor Hewitt. And Irwin is... no longer with us." We all paused for a moment at the memory of Lt. Irwin and his passing. (Author's note: 'A Death In The Family'.)

"The Chief should've let the Lieutenants compete." Cindy said.

"He should've let the Commanders compete, also, but that ship has sailed." I replied. "Anyway, Julia is in the No. 1 slot, with Kalsu and Patrick of the SWAT Team at No. 2 and No. 3. And I think some people will be surprised at No. 4: Joan Laurer."

"I'm not surprised." said Tanya Muscone, who was watching with us. "Hell, I'd have put her in the No. 1 slot. She's been training hard for this."

"What about the division where they actually box?" asked Teresa.

"In the regular Boxing division, Lieutenants and Captains can compete." I said. "So we've got Rudistan, Morton, Towson, and Hewitt, along with Detective George Newman and a fair amount of Uniformed Officers. We have a female division in regular boxing, but only four women entered. It won't surprise me if Lydia Green wins that..."