All Comments on 'Blackmailed Bride Ch. 07'

by Thors_Fist

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67over 5 years ago
Good and bad

As usual with your stories, excellent writing. The only thing that I don't agree with is blackmailing an innocent. Some people deserve to be blackmailed, and dogged out in the process. This girl though...

The only way I can agree with this is if her husband has something to do with it, trying to sorta punish her for holding out on him so long, and trying to get her to loosen up. May his sister is helping him, could have been her boyfriend at the wedding..??

Anyway, it seems like it could be another great series but to be honest I'd rather read additional chapters of WBDP.

kiteareskitearesabout 5 years ago
More good and bad

I didn't like the set up, as you know, but I do like your writing and think WBDP is a brilliant series. So I said I'd wait until it looked like there was some sort of resolution in the headers before having another go...so as Jack said...HERE'S JOHNNY!!

This chapter (and a little to the end of the last) Brooke has shown a split personality.

On one hand she is weak and stupid (once was naive), allowing the blackmailer more traction, especially after her chat with Kathy high lighted everything. Maybe not as blunt as me "Do you want to be a whore to be used at his whim until he is bored getting more and more debauched, catching (do STDs exist in this universe?) a whole bunch of diseases, being marked and god knows what else only at the end of having your body and mind ruined to have the rest of your life ruined. Sad to say, but really from here on in suicide looks like a good option."

On the other hand the strength of character she is showing to not have a complete melt down, either at the airport, on the plane when they are talking about it, when she gets the text or is talking to Kathy, is phenomenal. It would be this sort of character that would be able to look Tanner in the eye and say "This is what happened", even now, explain how it did and how it all got out of hand and take whatever he had to throw at her. I know I would be pretty pissed off if my other half threw that at me on our honeymoon, but ultimately I would prefer to have known than not. It would have ruined the honeymoon, but would have kept her safe, irrespective of our future as a couple I wouldn't want to see her hurt, unlike the blackmailer of course....

The really good (really stupid from Brook's POV), I spoke with my daughter about reading this story and asked if she would hesitate to talk to me and reassured her that no matter how far down the rabbit hole she had gone she could always turn to me for help and advice, even if that was going to the police station with her and visiting her regularly in prison. So from the perspective of if it only helps one person, thank you, it got me thinking enough to check on mine.

kiteareskitearesabout 5 years ago
My Bad!

I'm usually of the attitude, that unless they are mentioned then STDs don't exist and pregnancies only occur when wanted. In other words the characters don't need to worry about contraceptives or safe sex. It's the author's universe and as such, their rules.

My mention of them in my other comment was made with this in mind. However, I forgot (I took a break) at the start of chapter 4 Thors_Fist made the explicit point that STD's do not exist, so please ignore that part of my comment below/above (depending where you're reading this).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous