Blaine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please," Alejandro said softly. "I can feel people. Their emotions, their intentions, their pain. Caio did not mean what he said. He wants you here, more than anything. He wants to be able to keep his eyes on you constantly. But he doesn't want you to be part of this war. He's worried you'll get hurt. He cares for you." Blaine shook his head.

"He doesn't. He hardly knows me."

Alejandro cupped Blaine's face in his hands. "Listen to me," he said a little harder. "Fair folk feel more strongly than mortals. When they fall in love, it's fast and passionate and exciting and meaningful. When they care for someone, they care with every single bit of them, almost instantly. The first time he met you, you were saving his life. That alone, Blaine, won him over to care for you as a friend. And every second he's spent with you since then, he grows more attached. If you concentrate, I know you care for him too. I can feel it in you, I can see it." Blaine pulled away then.

He dashed past Alejandro and bolted out the door. He stumbled down the stairs and slammed his shoulder into the second door. He plowed through it and onto the street. Then he started running. He ran until his legs were numb and his lungs were on fire. He slowed when he approached the parking structure he had left his car in.

After a few minutes he found his car. He pulled the key from his pocket as he approached it. With a start, he realized the doors were unlocked. He never left his car unlocked, not once since he's owned it. It was his prized possession. On the other hand, he knew he was very distracted by the mysterious Latino passenger he had had with him. Maybe he'd forgotten to lock it. He shrugged and slipped into the familiar white leather seat that he loved so much. He sat there a few minutes with the door open, just soaking up the familiar comfort of his car.

When he reached over to close the door, a low growl made him freeze. He looked down and saw Cale approaching him. She was crouching low, moving slowly. Was she going to attack him? Blaine then realized her eyes were fixed on something underneath the car. He tensed a little more, his mind flashing back to movies he had seen of prowlers hiding under cars to reach out of the last second and cut an ankle. But he knew his car was too low for any person to fit under.

Blaine slowly began to lift his leg and swing it out of the car, but a sharp bark from Cale stopped him. He started to sweat. He was scared and frustrated. Cale was pacing slowly, her eyes fixed on something he couldn't see. He wished she could just tell him what it was, what to do. He sat there for another moment, watching the dog. When he shifted his weight in the seat he heard a high-pitched beep. Cale growled at him and he froze again.

She crouched down a little lower, as if she were getting ready to run. She looked up at him, and he nodded. "Okay," he said to the dog. "I think I get it." He took a deep breath as she shifted her paws, getting ready to bolt. He waited, bracing his foot against the floor. Then she ran, and he leaped out of the car. She was way ahead of him already, and he was running as fast as he could. He heard the high-pitched beeping again; it was getting more rapid with each second that passed. All of a sudden his feet gave out from under him and he slammed down onto something solid and furry. It was Cale, she was carrying him.

He clung to her neck, only now realizing how big this dog really was. And fast, she was so fast. The cars blurred as they darted out of the parking structure. It all happened in only a few seconds. There were only a few feet out onto the street when they went flying into the air. Blaine was engulfed in heat. It was all over him, in his lungs, pushing his hair back. He felt his back slam against something solid, and then everything went black.

~~

Blaine woke in a dark room. He could feel a cool breeze coming from what he knew was an open window. He could smell the city air that filled the room. He tried to sit up, but there was a pressure on his chest, keeping him pinned down against the soft bed.

"Don't sit up," a familiar voice said above him. The pressure on his chest started to move around; he then realized it was a hand. Caio rubbed Blaine's chest slowly, staying quiet for a moment.

"Cale came and got me. She was so frantic; it was out of place for her. When she brought me to you, I thought you were dead." He was quiet for a few more minutes. He moved his hand down to Blaine's side. His cold fingers trailing along his bare skin made Blaine shiver. "I'm sorry," Caio started again. "I didn't mean what I said before. I just... I didn't want you to get hurt. But you did anyway. It's my fault. If I hadn't lied to you, hurt you like that, you wouldn't have left."

Blaine tried to sit up again, but Caio held his shoulders, keeping him down. "You really shouldn't get up."

"Can you turn a light on then?" Blaine asked. His voice was horse and it hurt to speak. He blinked rapidly as the room filled with light. He looked up at Caio. He was looking at the wall. He looked like he was in pain. His dark eyebrows were scrunched low on his forehead and his mouth was screwed into an awkward frown.

Blaine touched the dark boy's arm, when he didn't pull away he began to stroke his forearm. "It's not your fault," he began. Caio opened his mouth to speak but Blaine shook his head. "It's not. This is Crone's fault. None of this would have happened if it weren't for him. I don't blame you." Caio looked down at him them. The golden flecks in his dark eyes were glowing. He looked like he wanted to say something important.

"It's not safe here," was all he said. "We're all going to a friend's place out of the country. We're taking you with us." He stared into the blue eyes that caused him so much confusion. "And you don't have a choice," he added at the look Blaine gave him.

Blaine looked out toward the window. It was dark and cool outside. It must have been late in the night. He looked up at Caio, who was still staring at him. "Cale is okay, though? She didn't get hurt?" Caio smiled at that.

"She's just fine. She's being pampered by the family as we speak."

"Everyone's up?"

Caio nodded. "They were all worried."

"Can I see them?" Blaine bit his lip. Caio hesitated, then nodded. But when Blaine tried to get up Caio's hands were on his shoulders again.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you need to stay down." He sounded a little amused this time though. He stood up and exited the room. A moment later everyone was crowded into the room. Allan crawled right up onto the bed with a pout stuck on his face. He was the only that looked mad. Stephen and Maree stood next to the bed stand. Stephen was smiling as Maree leaned over Blaine to fluff his pillows. She kissed his forehead then stood back and leaned into her husband.

Gally stood at the end of the bed, looking relieved. Alejandro, though, was leaning against the doorframe, looking sick. Katilette stood in the shadows behind him.

"Are you okay, Alejandro?" Blaine asked. He sat up a little and winced. Alejandro's face turned green. Gally was quickly at Blaine's side, helping him sit up and lean back against the wall.

"Alejandro is a fairy," Gally said. "They feel and sense. He can feel the pain you feel, he can feel your injuries."

Caio sat down in the bed next to Blaine, pushing his sweat-caked blond hair from his forehead. Caio glanced over at Alejandro. "Is he in a lot of pain, Alejandro?" When Alejandro nodded Caio glared down at Blaine. "You should have spoken up. Gally," Caio said, looking up at the big man, "Would you get him something for the pain, please? And I think it's time everyone goes to bed. It's been a long night, and Blaine needs to rest."

At that, everyone exited the room, except for Caio and Allan. Blaine looked down at the little red-headed boy that still had a frown on his face.

"Don't do that again," the boy said. His voice trembled like he was trying not to cry. Blaine couldn't help but smile.

"I'm sorry, Big Al. I promise it won't happen again." Allan smiled, clearly liking his new nickname. He hugged Blaine's neck then crawled off of the bed and darted out the door.

"That nickname is gonna go straight to his head, you know," Caio said softly, running his thumb along the smaller boy's jaw.

"I know," Blaine said quietly. Caio cleared his throat and pulled the blanket back.

Blaine hadn't looked himself over yet, but he wasn't expecting to see the blood-soaked bandage wrapped around his waist. He wrinkled his nose at the reddish-brown stains. He squirmed a little and gagged as fresh blood seeped through the wrappings. Caio tensed a little bit and looked away, turning his nose up. Blaine glanced up at him.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, pulling the blanket back up.

Caio laughed softly. "Don't apologize for bleeding, chico. It's just a very strong, very alluring smell. It's hard to keep myself controlled." Blaine realized then that Caio's canine teeth were extended and just barely showing between his lips. A chill ran through his body and Caio closed his eyes. "Do they repulse you?"

"No," Blaine said, exasperated, "Not at all."

Gally walked in then with a silver tray. He sat it on the night stand. Blaine grabbed the bottle of water and chugged it. His throat felt like it was on fire. Gally frowned slightly as he watched.

"I'm sorry for your pain, little one."

Blaine smiled up at the large man and shook his head. "I'm okay."

Caio took the pills from the tray and held them out to the smaller boy. Blaine took them obediently and swallowed, wincing as they went down his throat.

Gally leaned down and placed a kiss on top of Caio's head. Caio leaned into the kiss like it was the most natural thing in the world. When Gally kissed Blaine's cheek, Blaine gaped a little in shock and watched the large man's back retreat from the room. When they were alone, Caio pulled Blaine into his chest, giving him a brutal hug that made his entire body ache.

Caio kissed Blaine's forehead. Before he could even lean into the kiss, Caio had moved from his side and was hovering in the doorframe, holding a fingertip over the lightswitch. "We leave first thing in the morning," he said softly. "I'm going to go to your house and pack some things for you."

"Wait," Blaine started to slowly slide out of the bed. Caio was back at his side in a flash, putting just enough pressure on his shoulders to make him lie back down on the bed.

"You mustn't get up, Blaine. The trip tomorrow will be enough strain on your body. Relax while you can." Blaine huffed at this.

"How do you know where I live?"

Caio started to grin. "Gally is a cop."

"Oh," Blaine mumbled. "Can I come with you Caio? Please, I want to check on the house. See it one last time. I don't know how long we'll be gone." Caio studied the desperate face staring up at him.

"One moment," Caio said, disappearing out the door.

He returned a moment later with a sleepy Alejandro trailing behind him. Alejadro plopped his butt onto the bed and ruffled Blaine's hair. Caio leaned against the doorframe as Alejandro spoke. "He's the deal, little one. My blood has healing powers. Now, Caio won't let you get out of this bed unnecessarily in the condition you're in. The deal is, you drink my blood. You'll be healed enough to get up and move around. No problem. But since he's dragged me into this, I have one condition." Alejandro paused, waiting for Blaine to nod. At his nod, he continued. "I don't think it's safe for you to go back to the house. So you have to let me tag along with you and Caio. I may not look very menacing, but I have much hidden strength and power that I can use to protect both of you... Not," he added after a second, "That Cai needs any protecting." Caio and Alejandro exchanged a smile, then they both looked at Blaine expectantly.

Blaine took his time to think this over. After a few minutes, he took a deep breath and looked up at Alejandro. "It's safe for me to drink your blood?"

Alejandro raised his eyebrows. "Of course, little one. I wouldn't offer if I knew it would hurt you."

"Okay, then." At that, Alejandro held his wrist up to Blaine's mouth. It was Blaine's turn to raise his brows.

"I don't think my teeth would break your skin without difficulty."

Caio and Alejandro burst into laughter then. Blaine's face instantly turned red. He hated being laughed at.

"That's my fault, little one. I know warlocks to have sharp teeth, I've just forgotten you are only half. Cai, would you do the honor?" Caio sat down on the bed and gingerly took his friend's wrist. He bit down quickly and let go, careful not to take any blood in himself. Blaine looked a little confused, so Alejandro explained. "Fairy blood is toxic to vampires, I guess it's like a defense mechanism."

Alejandro held his wrist out to the boy again. Blaine tentatively took hold of his hand and closed his mouth around the offered wrist. He closed his eyes and started sucking slowly. His body stiffened at the blood made contact with his tongue. It was intoxicating. It tasted nothing of blood, or anything he had ever tasted before. He sucked harder, his breathing quickened a little and he bit down on the boy's wrist roughly, filling his mouth with blood. Alejandro gasped a little and looked over to Caio, who shrugged. They watched the smaller boy intently.

Blaine made a soft whimpering noise as he sucked. His entire body was trembling at the taste. His mouth finally couldn't handle anymore, and he swallowed. Blaine's forehead creased, and Caio instantly knew something was wrong. He grabbed Blaine's shoulders and shook him. The smaller boy opened his eyes. His irises were flecked with golden specks, just like his.

Alejandro gasped, utterly shocked. He was about to speak when Blaine's body suddenly convulsed, then went limp. His fingers started to twitch, then his entire body started to spasm.

"I don't understand," Alejandro mumbled.

"Shit," Caio hissed. He quickly bit his wrist and shoved it against Blaine's mouth, but his head was thrashing about. "Hold him still Alejandro!" he yelled. Alejandro grabbed the small boy's head and used all of his strength to keep him still. He was still in complete shock, staring down at the small boy. Caio pressed his wrist to Blaine's lips again, squeezing and twisting at his skin to make the blood fall down his throat. It worked. Blaine's body slowly stopped it's convulsions. His body stilled, and Alejandro quickly checked for a pulse.

"He's alive," he said softly. "He's just sleeping. Caio, why did that happen?" He looked to his friend, worry written all over his face. "I don't understand."

"It's okay," Caio said calmly, stroking Blaine's cheek with the back of his knuckles. "Did you see his eyes?" Alejandro shook his head in response. "They were laced with gold, Alejandro. Like mine. He's part vampire." Caio scooted closer to Blaine, pulling the boy's head on his lap.

"I'm so sorry, Cai. I didn't know. I wouldn't have... I'm sorry." Alejandro closed his eyes. He was distraught.

"You didn't know, Alej. None of us did. It's not your fault."

"I should have sensed it!"

"It was well hidden, my friend. Buried deep, where he hid his power all of these years."

"But it doesn't make sense. Vampires can't mate with warlocks. They're incompatible. Just living in close proximity makes them sick. But mating... that would be impossible."

"I know," Caio said softly, running his fingers through Blaine's sweat-soaked hair. "But it seems these two found a way. Maybe that's why Crone killed them. Maybe that's why Crone wanted Blaine." He looked over at Alejandro. "We need to talk to Gally about this."

~~

Gally was sitting on the couch, shaking his head. "Amazing," he murmured.

"It's not possible," Katilette huffed. She was standing at the end of the couch, her arms tightly folded over her chest. She was the only one that didn't look sleep-ridden. "It can't be done. The boy may be a freak, but not a vampire freak." Her bitter tone and cruel words made Caio snarl. He bunched up his fists and the look he got from Katilette was one of regret.

"It makes sense, though," Joseph said. He was sitting on the love seat, holding a sleepy Maree in his arms. "People always find loopholes, especially when driven by love. I believe it."

Gally looked around at everyone in the room. Caio was standing at the end of the table, between the love seat and the couch. Alejandro was on the floor by Gally's feet.

"If Blaine really is this important, and his powers are finally starting to surface, and his aura is growing, then he is in extreme danger. He's exposed now. I don't think the bomb set up in his car was from the Spiritials. It never seemed like their taste. I think it was Crone."

"What do we do?" Caio asked.

"We do what we had planned. We take him to Myran's castle. He needs to be safe. Then we can figure all of this out." Caio nodded and promptly exited the apartment, bound to get Blaine's things.

Gally stood and instructed everyone to pack their things. They were leaving early. As soon as everyone were ready.

~~

Blaine was gently nudged awake. He fought his heavy eyes opened and found Caio's face hovering inches from his. "I'm sorry to wake you, chicho," he whispered softly. "And I know you'll be wanting to ask some questions. But we need to leave right now to catch the plane." Blaine tried to move, but his entire body was stiff and heavy. He felt as if he were full of lead.

"I can't move," he grumble, his voice full of sleep.

As worried and stressed as Caio was, he still found Blaine completely sexy. He wanted the boy to know it too. But there was just too much that came before his feelings. And whatever feelings Blaine might have. They had to get to safety before he could even think about having that conversation.

"Don't worry, little one. You'll regain your strength soon enough. My blood should be just about done reversing the affects Alejandro's blood had on you." Caio scooped Blaine up into his arms, cradling the small boy into his chest.

"Your blood?" Blaine murmured.

"Later, little one. I will answer all of your questions later. We have to go now." Caio carried Blaine out of the apartment and onto the street. Blaine fell back asleep in his arms.

~~

Blaine woke slowly. His body felt heavy and sluggish. He took a deep breath, not quite ready to open his eyes. He squirmed a little and realized he was leaning against something solid but soft, and something hard was jabbing into his side. He peeked one eye open slightly, still not ready to open them completely. An armrest was the thing prodding into his side. He scooched away from it slightly, and the thing he was resting his head on stirred. He glanced around, and discovered he was on a plane. He was pressed up against Caio, who was fast asleep.

Blaine studied his face. His features were slender, yet somehow masculine. And the scars just made him look that much more rugged. He was incredibly sexy, Blaine thought. But that's not what was causing him to lose himself in this boy. And it wasn't because he introduced him into a world he never knew existed and still didn't really understand. And it wasn't because he brought out part of Blaine that he didn't know about himself. This boy, this dark, mysterious boy was gentle, and caring, despite looking or acting otherwise. Blaine could feel that part of Caio, deep down - deep down like the powers that have been hidden inside himself all this time – that was soft, protective, and needy. That's what drew Blaine in. He wanted to get to know that part of him, as well as the dark, mysterious side.

Caio opened his eyes, snapping Blaine out of his thoughts. Caio looked down at Blaine from the corner of his eye. "Something wrong, chico?" Blaine shook his head, a little embarrassed at being caught staring, but not wanting to look away. Caio turned to face him, and Blaine shifted his head on the boy's shoulder. He could feel his muscled flexing through the soft cotton.

123456...8