Blaine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Rixon," Blaine whimpered, "Why are you doing this? I don't understand."

Rixon spat blood onto the floor, spinning the tip of his blade slightly against Blaine's throat, making him tense in pain.

"Of course you don't," Rixon snarled. "You're a filthy, stupid mutt. You don't deserve to live. I should kill you right now. But Crone wants you, to use you as a lab rat."

Blaine gasped. "Crone? You're working for Crone? That man that killed my parents?" Blaine screamed, trying to wriggle free. But Rixon just pressed the blade harder into his throat. Blaine coughed under the new pressure, causing the blade to scrape against his skin. He started panting then.

"How could you?" Blaine whispered harshly. "How could you do this to me? We were best friends."

Rixon laughed, deep and loud. "It was all an act, you idiot! You thought Crone couldn't find you? That a warlock of his power could just lose someone? No, he always knew where you were. He had me watching your every move. He just didn't know if you still had your powers. He didn't think you were worth his time. When I came out from the play, and you were gone, I knew something was up. I knew you'd never just bail like that. Crone had informed me shortly after that the vampire that the Spiritials had been chasing suddenly jumped into a car fitting your description. And when you said you were with a friend, I knew –"

Blaine spoke up then, speaking hoarsely. "So Crone does control the Spiritials?"

Rixon rolled his eyes. "Of course! You really are stupid, aren't you, you little mix breed? Now where was I? Right, so I tracked your car down. When I found it abandoned in that parking garage, I strapped a bomb to it, knowing that Crone could just fix you up later. And I couldn't pass the chance up to snuff out that little vampire that had stolen the key. Unfortunately, that mutt saved you. But I was able to follow her back to where the vampire and his group were. And then I followed you all here, all the way to England, waiting for my chance to kill the vampire and get the key back. Then I saw you, actually using your powers. So now I had to wait even more, to get the timing right to both capture you, and get the key back from the vampire. I had the perfect chance, too, when you and your buddies had your sparring match. I took control of the female werewolf, tried to attack you with her. But that fucking fairy got in the way, and the shock of hurting her own family knocked my influence right out of her."

Rixon was completely engrossed in telling his story. He hadn't realized Salara and Katilette were quietly creeping up behind him. They grabbed him then, pinning him tight against the floor. Katilette had her nails extended, digging into the traitor's throat and pinning his chest down with her knee. Salara held his wrists so tightly that they snapped under the pressure. Rixon screamed and writhed, but the girls together, fueled by rage, were too much for him.

"You foul monster," Katilette snarled. "Look what you have done to my family! Before we kill you, you need to answer some questions." She was trembling with rage.

Rixon spat in her face. "I won't tell you anything!"

"Where is Crone hiding," Katilette said, snarling as she wiped the bloody spit from her face. He spat again.

Salara pulled hard on his broken wrists, dragging another scream from the boy. "I won't tell you!"

Katilette dug her claws deeper into his throat. Rixon was squirming, moving his leg around against the floor. He had worked his pant let up to mid-calf, making quick progress. There was a long blade running up his lower leg, the handle tucked into his boot. When he finally worked the pant leg up past his knee, he bent his leg, aiming the blade at Katilette's back.

Katilette and Salara gasped simultaneously. They were both thrown against the wall on the far side of the room. They looked back to where Rixon had just been. He was gone, except for bits and pieces of his flesh and blood splattered all over the floor. Blaine was kneeling a few feet away, his palms still held up. Red mist was flowing throughout the entire room, slowly fading away.

He had done it. He had killed his best friend. The best friend that really wasn't his friend at all. Their friendship wasn't real, nothing they had ever shared was real.

Blaine crawled to Caio. He pulled his lover's still-limp body into his arms and sobbed.

~~

Blaine stared down at the small sphere in his hand. The key. Gally had fitted it on a silver band, so Blaine could carry it with him and keep it safe. They had all decided it would be safest with him, because he had the powers to use it, and knew how to use it – thanks to vigorous training from Blaizin.

He looked up as the door opened. His family walked in, each of them dressed in black. Alejandro, Stephen, Gally, and even Allan had serious, but supportive looks on their faces. Katilette, Maree, and Salara were all puffy-eyed from crying.

Blaine gave them all a reassuring smile. He stood then, and they all crowded in on him, crushing him in a group hug. When they parted, Gally grabbed him by the shoulders and held him out at arms length, like he had done to Caio the first time he had ever seen the large wolf-man. The memory brought a tear to Blaine's eye.

"Blaine," Gally said softly. "You are a part of our family now. You've saved all of our lives, and risked yours as well. You will always be welcome." He gave the boy another bone-crushing hug. "Now everyone pull yourselves together. The ceremony is about to start."

Blaine watched as his new family filed out of the room. He took a deep breath and smoothed out his suit. He could get through this. He slipped the ring onto his ring finger – where it felt most comfortable - and stepped out of the room. Gally took his arm, patting it reassuringly. They walked down the church's hallway together, Blaine leaning against his father-figure for support. He could feel his eyes tearing up already.

As they turned into a room full of people – all wearing black – he had to bite his lip to fend off a sob. He glanced up at Gally, who gave him a nod. Blaine nodded in return. He looked ahead. When his eyes met another pair, his heart fluttered. He stared into those dark brown eyes, and knew that this would be the happiest day of his life. Caio was smiling at Blaine from across the room, hit head tilted slightly to the side. Blaine smiled in return. He and Gally walked slowly down the aisle as the music started to play.

Blaine's stomach filled with butterflies when they made it to the front. Gally gave him a kiss on the cheek and took his place in the first pew. Blaine stood next to Caio and took his offered hands. They laced their fingers together and smiled at each other as the Minister began to speak.

1...345678