Blindsided by the Proposal

Story Info
Something was wrong. He didn't see it coming. What the hell!
22.2k words
3.98
113.3k
144
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This was inspired by the recent Money Honey stories. I have read a few over the years which I admit caused me to wonder if any relationship or marriage could survive that. As the story and characters developed, what had been in my thoughts -- the end of the marriage -changed. As the main characters natures appeared, it created the thought, "could another ending be possible." This led to some questions, "if they were so perfect together how did it happen? Was everything in the proposal as it appeared? Is there a way forward for them?"

This is therefore not a BTB nor would I class it as an RAAC.

As I sit at my computer, I'm grateful, I can speak and it types for me. Even if each breath and movement is still bloody painful. Had I to use the keyboard, I'd be in so much more pain. It's fucking difficult looking at what the last few days have done to my life, my dreams, my future without dissolving into even more tears and pain. All because of two nasty arseholes and an immensely rich fucking bastard. The arseholes were my bosses. My wife Cathy is the secretary to one of them and she had known all about the plan. I cannot find any reason to explain why she would do this to me. I was the innocent they duped so they could enjoy my humiliation.

I first saw Cathy when she began working in the office of the engineering firm I worked for. I think everyone noticed her. She's beautiful, about 5.5", slim, toned body with 36D breasts and a bum which is firm and inviting. I later found she kept her pussy trimmed which showed she's a natural brunette. I loved playing with her pubic hair. She was training as a secretary. While she dressed quite modestly, like many young lads in the workshop, I appreciated her body when I saw it from a distance as she came around our area.

I had not long completed my engineering apprenticeship and with college modules, I was looking to advance as a mechanical, with electronic and computing engineer. I reasoned, we'd still need movable parts but more and more they'd be controlled by electronic parts rather than hydraulics, those being controlled by computers. I'm Derek. I'm 5.10", slim, toned from the work I do. I'm no adonis but people tell me I'm a really nice guy. I'm normally happy, always smiling. I love a good laugh and the banter in the factory.

I admit I'm driven to be a good engineer. Ever since I had my first Meccano set I wanted to be one. I still have boxes of it in my parents' loft. I wanted them kept for any children I had. Okay, they're just an excuse so I can play with it again but I'll spend the time with my kids. Honest!

Fat chance now!

It was at the company's summer picnic, I found myself talking to Cathy. We seemed to hit it off and to my surprise she agreed to go on a date with me. Cathy had a sense of fun and was outgoing, up for a laugh. When we first kissed, it felt so different from other kisses I had. We took it slowly though I'm sure she knew how she excited me. She must have felt my penis trying to get her attention. It's probably my standout feature. I could often feel her nipples bite into me which with her bras you've have thought impossible. When we did finally make love, when I came I felt fused to her. We watched each other afterwards. We were both shocked and amazed at what had happened. She had felt the same. Each time was like the first time. Well sometimes we just fucked, we'd been so aroused, dancing, playing around but only with each other but that connection never changed.

At work, her bubbly, infectious personality made her many friends. There was some light-hearted banter. One day, in the canteen, Malcolm, a friend, asked her what she saw in me. He'd make her far happier. She called his bluff. She smiled, "Okay, let's see if you can beat him." She kissed him. Everybody was looking on. He was flushed as she stepped away, "Sorry, you didn't reach three on the scale. I'll show you what you need to reach."

She turned and kissed me. I could have caught fire. I felt her nipples assault me through her Kevlar bra. She turned. I heard, "Wow, you lucky bitch!" from a few women. Cathy looked at my erection which was quite prominent. She laughed, "Oh, he's not full size yet. I just need to suggest a titty fuck and he adds at least half an inch. Do you want me to show you?"

I never would have imagined her suggesting that in front of others, I was beetroot.

Gordon, our deputy workshop manager stepped in, "Cathy, I'm retiring in a few years. If I didn't die of shock, Moira would kill me. Leave Malcolm some dignity."

Moira (his wife) came up and said, "Gordon you would be happy if I came to your office and gave you a titty fuck."

Gordon blushed, "Yes and No. You've got as lovely boobs as Cathy. I've always loved your titty fucks but I'm not sharing those. I've always said do nothing here you can't share. When they hear me screaming, they'll all want to play with them." There was a lot of laughter and agreement. Moira was stacked.

He kissed Moira and we went back to work. I was uncomfortable for a while but Cathy took care of that later.

Cathy and I enjoyed many lunches together in the canteen. Everyone loved her. She always seemed to know if someone had something going on, an ill child or parent and was there to offer support. I even found myself babysitting with her so friends could have a night out. She was beautiful inside and out.

We had a lot of discussions about what we wanted, family, house, like most couples. She was quite shy when I asked about what she wanted in our sex life. As we spent time together, our repertoire of sex games increased slowly but I wasn't bothered as we had our whole lives ahead. Even what we did was far better than any other sex I'd had. She could be quite reserved in what she permitted but then she'd surprise me, like in the canteen. We always said we didn't need anyone else.

Three years ago, we were married. We did have occasional rows but nothing of consequence. Our sex life was very good, three or four times a week. She seduced me on occasions, sometimes outside where we could be caught. She did learn to give a mean blowjob and we experimented with anal. We didn't do it often but it was good. We shared some fantasies and were slowly adding stuff to what we did. She'd fairly recently surprised me wearing sexy lingerie including suspenders and stockings. It was great but a few weeks later I was left with suspicions which she brushed off.

Until the last month, I never truly suspected anything was amiss. I hadn't been happy when her mode of dress for the office became less demure. This came shortly after Cathy had risen to become the secretary to one of the partners who owned the firm, Brian Donaldson, six months ago. There were two other partners, Bruce Davidson, and Paul Deacon. I knew Brian and Bruce slightly but Paul better as he oversaw the engineering work. It didn't help that within weeks of her changing her blouses and skirts, she began wearing those stockings to work. I wasn't happy. We had a few discussions, some got heated.

It was the afternoon, Gordon informed me I was to go Cathy's office as her boss wished to speak with me which was highly unusual. I had no clue why and even when he finished I still had no clue what the intention was.

Bruce was also present. Brian said, he, Bruce, and their wives were to attend a meeting with a well-known businessman Donald Harding who was looking to invest in the company. While it was mainly a social event, from the Monday to the Friday, if any business was conducted, they wished Cathy to be there to record it. As they knew it was our anniversary that week they wished to me invite to go along with them as a representative of the engineering department. He tried to sell it like a travel brochure. The estate had its own beach, there was water sports, walks and much to do, if I didn't need to be involved in any business they did.

I had an impression, this wasn't the whole truth but I'd never had cause to question them before so I had no urgent alarm bells ringing, just a feeling from his body language. Maybe the stocking stuff was praying on my mind, I don't know. Cathy looked a bit worried, a bit excited. I didn't know what to say.

I said, "I'll discuss this later with Cathy. I had other plans. I'm not happy about this."

If anything, that made Brian and Bruce smile. Cathy was biting her lip, a sure sign she was nervous.

Cathy and I did discuss it but we could not agree. To her it was just an extension of her job. I told her they could take Bruce's secretary, she's single though about sixty. She blushed when I asked her, "Is this Brian's way of seeing you in a bikini, will he try and get you topless or worse?" I added angrily, "He's already got you wearing the sexy lingerie you said was for me!"

The fact she wasn't mad had me wondering if my intended joke was close to the truth. I'd expected her to laugh it off, come back to me with a denial. Later as I thought through our argument, I heard my brain say, "Had they discussed that?" The next night we argued over this event until I lost it, my anger clear, "No. I don't trust what he said. Something is off. No one is telling me the whole truth. We're not going!"

Cathy was not happy but I wouldn't budge. We argued more over those days and the following ones than we've ever argued since we started courting combined.

It was several nights later during yet another argument over it when Cathy yelled, "Alright, I'll just go on my own. You'll miss out on a lovely break for our anniversary."

She was shocked when I replied, my anger very strong, "You go. Don't come back. Something is wrong with this!" I looked at her until she had to look away. I screamed, "What's going to happen? You know!"

She was furious, "It's just a break, getting to know him, him us. Nothing is going on behind your back."

I didn't buy that.

At work, my mate Alan caught me looking at job vacancies, "What's up Derek? I thought you were happy here. You're lined up to be Gordon's replacement when he retires in nine months. Five years' time, you'll be the head engineer when Frank retires."

Alan is also our trade union representative. He can start a fight in an empty room but he's a good guy. He'd have your back if the bosses tried anything they shouldn't. He may be a gentle giant but if he lost his control, watch out!

"Alan, Brian and Bruce have asked Cathy, us to go to a meeting over four days with a potential investor, Donald Harding. Brian's not saying anything which I can object to but something is off. It's their body language. I don't like this feeling. Cathy and I are rowing about it. If Cathy goes on her own, I can't see us surviving together. I've never felt I couldn't trust her or them before. If I'm right I couldn't stay here."

Alan was shocked, "Wow! I never expected that. Cathy and you are so joined together this really must be bad. Anything I can do, let me know."

A few days later I was working on a difficult component repair when Paul came up to me. He wanted a word away from the machine.

He asked quietly, "Bruce and Brian are concerned you're not going to go on that trip. It will be a break for you and Cathy. I don't think there would be much work done anyway so you'd have time together. Seems there's a lot to do and see in that area."

He seemed to think it was all above board if his tone was right.

I looked at Paul. We got on quite well. "If they needed a secretary why not take Bruce's, she's single. Oh! I know Debbie's doesn't have a hot bod for the private beach. Brian has her wearing stockings. Why? No one is being honest with me. They are hiding something and I'm not putting my marriage on the line for them. With what's happened so far, it might never recover anyway. Harding's businesses never seem to have a good press so why link with him? Many good businessmen would want to do business with you.

"If it's work, why I have I received a holiday form filled in for me to sign for the days it's suggested we're away." My anger was clear as I finished, "This stinks."

Paul was angry but I couldn't tell if it was at me or the others. He left.

Cathy and I had never gone five days between having sex since we first became intimate. It was now ten days. I wasn't backing down. We could hardly speak without a row. I called her parents and cancelled what we had been planning to surprise her with. I told them what had been going on, they were upset. Her mum said, "This isn't like Cathy. Can you be mistaken?"

I had to concede, "It's just feelings which won't go away. The way she changed how she dresses for work. How she defends them. Something is not right."

Her dad suggested, "Call their bluff. Go. If it's what they say, have a nice break. If it's not, break them in two!"

I laughed.

Cathy came home that night. She was angry, "What did you say to Paul? He and Brian had words."

I looked her in the eye, "He came to me and asked why I wasn't for going. I told him there was a lot I wasn't being told. They could take Debbie with no problem. With you hiding stuff about this trip from me, I didn't know if our marriage would survive what was happening. They even wanted to take the five days from my leave entitlement. Some working holiday! The whole thing stinks."

Cathy saw I was not amused. "Have I ever given you any cause to doubt me? Nothing is going on. It's all in your mind. Come and fuck me. Not make love - fuck me. I'll show you you're the only one for me."

She leaned over the sofa arm and lifted her skirt. She pulled her tights and panties down. "Come fuck me!"

I'm ashamed to say I did. Her bum is just made for doggy. Twice there and once in our bedroom. I woke to her giving me a blowjob to end all blowjobs. The next week went by with us fucking at least twice a day if not more.

In a moment of weakness or euphoria after a night of love making, I agreed to go. Like her dad said. I did try to hide my concerns better, not that I succeeded very well.

The Monday before, she stopped me making love to her. "I want you as desperate as you've been the last week. I want Brian, Bruce and the others to hear me shriek in ecstasy all night as you make love to me."

She wouldn't budge. I was immediately back to something's fucking wrong, really wrong. I checked out the web for any such reason. Two came up, many men didn't want the prospect of another's sperm still being in the woman. It can take five days for it all to leave. The other was that it excluded someone from being the person who made her pregnant. Both pissed me off but that one really pissed me off big time!

I started planning for the worst-case scenario. I'd be leaving in a hurry. I checked the bus and train times from the estate to Campbeltown and from there home. We were flying in Donald Harding's private plane so I doubted he'd let me leave in it. I made sure I had all my cards and my phone fully charged. I should have thought of a small video camera like spies use but I never checked Amazon.

Thursday beforehand, I learned she had been away from the office for quite some time. It didn't help when she appeared to be having problems walking. I played the concerned husband but she'd only say it was a surprise for me. The one thought I had, "has she been fucking Bruce or Brian or both." Did she expect me to act like I'm the gullible father to be - No Fucking Chance!

The next night I went to our room and found her case already packed. Normally, she's a last-minute packer. I asked her what I should pack as she'd done hers. I didn't want to let her down. She came up and put out stuff for me to wear. It appeared we'd be eating quite formally in the evenings. I asked what she had packed but guess, "It's a surprise!"

She'd a new lock on her case and the code was different from the one she normally used. I tried not to show how unhappy I was. She was so bubbly, she put my mood down to me not having had sex all week. She'd tease and say she'd make it up to me next week.

The company minivan picked us up at 7.30am and took us to Scone airfield three miles from town. Bruce, Brian, and their wives were already there. Their wives said welcome but their eyes looked at me with a strange expectation, an excitement I couldn't fathom out. Maybe it had something to do with Cathy kissing me like she was possessed. My penis was hard and as I'm well-endowed apparently, I'm sure they saw it. They could dream but that was never going to happen. With little chit chat, we were aboard and took off just at 8am. I can see the appeal, no airport security queues. The plane took about thirty minutes to take us to the southwest near Campbeltown. I'd said to Cathy, that if possible, I'd like to visit the Glen Scotia whisky centre. She was okay with that which was unusual.

We arrived and were shown to our rooms. We were on the second floor and a bit away from the main area. I did a little look around and found the back stairs which led to the outside. There was a path about a quarter of a mile long which led to a gate. From my time on Google maps, I knew there was a bus stop about one hundred yards further down the road.

I returned as Cathy was hanging up her clothes. I'd never seen those outfits. They would be very revealing. I looked at her, my voice gave away my thoughts, "What's going on? You've never been interested in wearing anything like this for me." My mind was going what the fuck! I almost asked who's fucking you! I should have!

Cathy came up to me, hugged and kissed me, "I'm going to tease you. When you come to bed later, I'll fuck your brains out!"

When I suggested now, she said, "We have to be downstairs in ten minutes. Unpack and we'll go down together."

When we'd unpacked, I noticed the extremely skimpy bikinis and almost non-existent lingerie. My senses weren't happy. It could only mean her appearance on Thursday meant she'd been waxed. Something she knew I didn't want.

I didn't get any happier when our host appeared. He was all your worst nightmares in one. He had this air of superiority about himself. He welcomed us all but his voice had a very slimy tone, which didn't hide his insincerity well. His eyes looked at me like I was dirt or prey. I could tell he had something I wouldn't like planned. I just never suspected what happened. Why I never put it together, I don't know. I've thought about that frequently in the days since. I suppose I trusted Cathy despite the mounting evidence not too.

He turned his charm on Cathy who lapped it all up. He monopolised her and made sure I was kept away from her. The others watched me and seemed to laugh at my growing discomfort. The wives weren't so good at covering up what they were thinking. They were looking forward to something involving me.

Harding took us on a tour of his little estate about twenty-five square miles. It was lovely. I would have enjoyed it sitting beside my wife but she was sitting with him. I had been placed in the back of the minibus. I expected her to join me. He had his arm around her, holding her tightly. When he wasn't pointing something out, he was in a close conversation with her. We returned and lunch was served. It was very good. The conversation wasn't. Brian, Bruce, and Harding again monopolised Cathy. Their wives tried to speak with me but they were more interested in my reaction to what was happening at the other end of the table. The angrier I appeared the more they laughed. I hadn't really met them before and already I knew I'd never want to see them again.

After lunch, Harding tried to get me to go to the beach while they discussed business. I declined. From what he'd said, they wouldn't need Cathy for their first meeting. I said I'd take Cathy on a walk along the top trail he had pointed out. He wasn't happy, neither was Cathy as I dragged her away from him, though I chose to ignore that. I made the walk slow so it was shortly after 4pm we returned. She hadn't cuddled into me once. Nor had she taken advantage of some secluded areas to make love. So much for fucking my brains out this week. I was trying to control my anger. Conversation was sparse, terse even.