Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 17

Story Info
Episode 17: Bonds beyond the Cycle.
11.5k words
4.86
1.7k
3

Part 17 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to the Blood & Carrots series, STOP go read the first one then 'Silverpaw' next, to get the best experience. This is a direct sequel and I STRONGLY recommend reading the first ones so you're not lost. Yes, my writing wasn't as polished back then, but you seriously do yourself a disservice if you move forward without knowing the story of the first two.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

As has been the trend, we have a lot to unpack this episode my dears. Our lovely ewe has been working diligently as have several others now. The Fae have shown themselves and that fateful encounter is upon them that nearly cost Lorelai several of her beloved family members, including Sarnai.

However, much is to be revealed and more than a few celestials as well as a certain rabbit are going to be rather upset when the dust settles. Our ewe better steel herself, she's in for more than a few emotional rides this episode.

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 17:

Bonds beyond the Cycle

"Damn you!" She screamed aloud, driving a massive closed fist into the nearby wall, the surface showing fissures of cracks from the blow. Her eyes were clenched tightly even though I saw tears rolling down her rounded cheeks.

"Samantha, you must understand this was the will of the Ser-" Ichiro gave a shocked bark as she grabbed him by the front of his robes lifting him off his feet, the staff he always carried clattering to the ground.

"To the nine hells with the Seraphs will, Ichiro!" She bellowed the words into the elderly dog's face, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Ryder and... Charlotte!" She screamed the wolf's name last as I averted my own gaze while Toroah rushed over to calm her.

"Samantha, please... you know Ichiro had to bear all of this on his own for decades. You're not alone in your pain!" The rabbit spoke out gently, moving to break the two of them apart.

She hissed through her teeth and dropped the older angel to the ground, glaring at Toroah before her furious eyes settled on me, they were gold. My own shifted to blood-red, seeing the haze creep into the edges of my vision before I flexed my hand. "You have words for me, Samantha?"

She stomped over to me and jabbed her finger hard into my chest, but there was no burning from the touch, only the pain from it. "Why?! Every time you get involved! Ryder, Toroah, and Charlotte, all would have been better had you never been born!"

My eyes flared as I bared my teeth and slapped her hand away hard, the motion making her whole arm jerk and she winced, grabbing her wrist. I had heard bones shattering from the blow as I cocked a brow. "I'll forgive your heated words, as I understand all too well the anger and pain in your heart. I've been living with it for nearly two centuries, but if you mouth off to me again, I'm ripping your tongue out."

I heard the broken bones pop and crack as she clenched her fist, setting them back into place with a furious glare, but the pain seemed to bring her back to her senses. She glanced back at the other two angels, seeing Toroah helping Ichiro up and handing him his staff.

"Is it out of your system now, Samantha?" Toroah snarled the words, giving her a glare of his own.

She sighed and pushed her hand through her jagged blonde hair before glancing back over at me. "I'm still pissed off, but... now I've just got more questions than anything else."

"You'll get your questions answered later, for now, you need to focus on why we revealed this information to you." The other rabbit in the room spoke up as Alice shifted a hand to her hip. She had been next to me the whole time and didn't so much as flinch through the whole thing.

Samantha gave a heavy snort through her nose and composed herself, her own hands going to her hips to mimic the stance Alice had. "And why is that?"

Alice cut her eyes to me and gave a nod as I withdrew my wakizashi and presented it to the Archangel. Samantha cocked a brow and looked it over, the blade looking much smaller in her massive grip. "What... in the god's names is this made of? It makes me a little queasy just to look upon it. It's also sloppy work..."

"Yeah, I should have paid more attention in the blacksmith classes at the community college. Cut me some slack, I was doing it based off a picture on my phone," Alice grumbled.

"You made this? You have a forge and training, vampire?" Samantha focused squarely on my lover.

"Not really... Look, I'll explain it all, but I need you to melt it down and infuse it with blessed silver. I want a bigger one too for her, she'll be able to fence better with a lighter weight one in her off-hand." The rabbit walked right over to the massive angel, linking her arm casually with the cow's, Samantha flinching at the gesture but letting the rabbit pull her along.

"You mean to fuse this material and blessed silver?" She asked curiously as they walked.

"Yes, I call it bloodsteel, it's essentially my own blood crystalized and tempered in hellfire. I want to try to create armaments as I feel it will help in the conflicts to come with beings that resist your silver alone." She explained as they trotted right out of the meeting room, no doubt heading towards the forge.

I frowned and moved my attention to Ichiro and Toroah. "Are you alright?"

The ancient angel sighed but gave me a nod. "I expected her to react in such a manner but not quite so... violently. I apologize she directed some of her ire in your direction, Archvampire Lorelai."

"I let her keep her throat, so it all worked out." I shrugged and shifted my hand to casually rest on the base of my sword, then frowned, realizing it was gone. I had turned that gesture into a comfort mechanic these days, keeping a hand on the sword Alice made me. "She quickly sprang back once Alice started speaking to her about forging."

"Samantha is our greatest smith for a reason, she loves it. I'm sure Alice was adding some compulsion of her own once they touched as well. Perhaps she was channeling her energy to ease Samantha's pain and rage." Toroah smiled at me as he explained.

"The two of them alone in the smithy? Makes me wonder if Alice might try to jump her." I gave a chuckle as I looked in the direction the two of them took.

"Toroah, I know this is sudden, but could I have a few moments alone with the Empress?" Toroah nodded at the elder angel and offered me a smile before stepping through a gate.

"I really don't like that title or the Archvampire one. You can just use my name, Ichiro." I gave him a sigh as I folded my arms. "What's on your mind?"

He leaned against the wall while bracing on his staff, giving me a tired look. "I felt something from you just now, something I've not felt in... centuries, but something I'd never forget, a power that will haunt me forevermore."

"It's fortunate that our peoples are on good terms then, isn't it? All the more reason to stay there." I cocked a brow at him, showing my teeth as I snarled the words.

"Lorelai, why do you show powers of an Elder?" He gave me a point-blank gaze, getting right to the point.

"That is not your concern, all you need to know is I don't intend to turn it against you or your flock so long as you don't turn your blades towards me and my own." I brushed the question right off with a bored look.

"Requesting the weapons and the powers you've no doubt harnessed. This isn't about the fae, you truly intend to tear the gates of the underworld open, don't you?" He settled his gaze into a curious one as he titled his head.

I shrugged as I looked away, clicking my tongue as I spoke out again, "You've known me for over a millennium, you know when I say I'll do something I mean it. I'll have what is mine back, all of what is mine..." I hissed out as my hand brushed the earring in my drooped ear.

Ichiro cocked a bushy brow at the last words. "Ryder is one thing, but what can you hope to do for Charlotte's soul, Lorelai?"

"I- I will figure that out when I find a way in. Maybe something similar to the sword thing with the other Paladin's soul. I don't know, but I won't leave things as they are with her. I feel responsible and she trusted me with her dying wishes. I can't just write her off."

"Perhaps speaking with the Seraph can shed some light on the idea." Ichiro gave me another curious look and I could see in his eyes he was also interested in this.

"Perhaps so. I'll deal with them after I sort this whole fae business. Even I can feel the strains on our reality, the storm is coming and it will need our full focus when it arrives. I just hope your lot can be trusted at our sides to not sink silver daggers in our backs when it's over."

"Lorelai, we are at peace and-"

"No Ichiro, we are in a ceasefire as we've been off and on for centuries. You've not outright treated us as allies in these last few years and most of your kind still look upon us as monsters. I know if your Seraph or gods told you to take arms against us, you would do so without hesitation," I clenched my fist as I snarled the words.

"Is there anything I can do to ease your mind?" He gave me a frown as he pushed off the wall, bracing fully on the staff as he tried to stand as straight as he could.

My arms folded as I rolled my eyes. "Will you stand at my side when I tear open a gate to retrieve your Paladin?"

"Our kind can't willingly step into the underworld, Lorelai, otherwise I'd have formed an entire strike force to get him back." Ichiro gave me a deep frown and though I wanted to be furious, I could see the guilt and pain in his eyes, I knew he desperately wanted to save his brother.

"So what happens if you do then? Have you ever tried?" I gave him a hard glare, showing my teeth as I hissed the words.

He frowned and looked contemplative at that question. A few moments later he met my eyes and simply shook his head. "It's just been handed down from-"

"So it could possibly be just an old misleading tale. After all, Ryder is down there now, and the soul of your former Paladin lingered for centuries there. Perhaps I'll question your precious Seraph on it later." I lifted my ears as Alice came trotting back into the room with a smile on her face.

"Where's Samantha?" I quirked a brow, not sensing Alice giving off any energy of having fed, so the cow was obviously not in a coma somewhere.

"She's already eagerly going over things. I came to collect you since you've got the bottles of blood. I can't provide it unless you're going to have me sipping on the angels or you." She gave me a challenging grin as I looked to Ichiro then picked up the duffle bag of sports bottles.

"Ichiro, I will give your kind the benefit of the doubt in the days to come. However, know that if you turn your blades upon us again, your gods will not save you from me and there are very few of you I'd spare," I snarled the words, Alice looking shocked as I simply gripped her wrist and pulled her out of the room with me.

"Lorelai... what was that all about?" She whispered to me as she pushed up against me while we walked. She had gotten stronger as I had, what with the lovemaking, she also seemed to be more or less alright in the light of the citadel, so long as they were quick walks to another location.

"Just making sure he understands what the stakes are. This is more than just our petty squabbling. There is more on the horizon and... see that a saber is fashioned for your new lover as well!"

Alice hummed proudly as she clung to my arm. "Of course... the three of us should go on a trip together after you resolve things with her, love. I'm eager to have you both at the same time!" She gave me that cute little hungry grin, her eyes already glittering red.

I gave a small bleat, feeling my own heart start to thump in my chest. "Tsk... I will be seeing her in Ceuta in a few weeks' time, try to stop putting the cart before the primitive horse, Alice.

She pouted but gave a nod. "I've already got plans laid out for a saber that will have not just my blood tempered in it, but Elias and Rachels. Mix in a little of yours and some blessed silver, it'll be quite the weapon."

"That does sound formidable, but leave the knowledge of my contribution out of it, for now, I'll tell her myself later." I gave the rabbit a nod, the words coming out as an order.

Another pout came from her but she sighed and clung closer to me. After a few more moments she called out again, "Why are you keeping so many of the cards held to your chest, love?"

"Because... If that tribulation is coming, I need everyone focused on the bigger problem."

"Given what you've told me, that sounds like something the Seraph would say, doesn't it? What of Ryder? You've still not fully brought me up to speed on him."

I flinched at the comparison but couldn't argue her point. "I told you, I'll speak to you, Sarnai, Elias, and even Rachel when we resolve this. We won't do Ryder any good if we all die because we've got our focus split."

"What play does Rachel have in this?" Alice quirked a brow at my words. I had slipped up in bringing the High Bishop into the conversation, I hadn't told her about Rachel, or Charlotte, but now that we were here, I knew she'd figure it out rather rapidly if I didn't explain.

"Look." I pulled us to some shade out of the light and gripped her shoulders, keeping her gaze squarely on my own. "Alice, if I explain some of this to you in more detail, I must have your word it stays between us. Just as I had to conceal things from you during that stint with Sarnai, I now must do the same with others."

She gave me a thoughtful look and then a single nod. "Done, upon my name as Marquess of house Blackpaw. None of what you tell me shall leave this conversation."

I gave a resigned sigh and nodded. "Rachel was his lover, even before I was."

Alice frowned and tilted her head. "Wait- I thought Bishop's had to remain celibate, I'm pretty sure Toroah told me that once."

"At the time she wasn't a Bishop, Alice. The Knights and Cadets don't need to practice that."

"Do you think she became one on a subconscious level because of his loss?"

"It's entirely possible. Toroah said she was fit to be tied and mad with anguish after it happened. I find their method deplorable, but I can't argue with its necessity. Had the Seraph not done that, she would have no doubt walked a similar path Charlotte did."

She blinked at my words and looked confused, I realized in the moment I had babbled out more knowledge I hadn't needed to. "Charlotte? I think Sarnai told me about that story, the fallen angel that she and my master had to put down?"

"Damn it, rabbit! You make it too easy to talk to you, because you're so cute!" I snarled and rubbed my face as I shook my head. "Fine, here's what I know about her..."

So it was, I ended up giving her most of the knowledge I had on the events. Of course, I'd have to trust her to keep her word and not speak of any of this. Alice took my requests seriously, I knew how faithful she was to me and how much she loved me. If there was any I could fully trust with this knowledge, it was her.

She leaned against the wall of the building we were near, putting a hand to her chest as she frowned. "That is heart-wrenching... Poor Charlotte and Rachel..." She met my eyes and I saw that look, the same look she gave me the night we first made love, the night she said she was sad for me because of how closed off I was. "And you... to deal with this on your own for so long..."

I pushed my hand to her cheek and bumped my forehead to hers, shaking my head gently. "Do not, Alice. I know it's a cliche thing to say, but I'd rather have taken the brunt of it over these years, than his friends and lovers. Toroah, Ezekiel, and Samantha were all necessary, but Rachel I'd prefer we wait until we're a little closer to a solution, I feel we would just force her to stew in anguish."

The rabbit gave me a flat look as she waited on me to process my own words. It only took me a moment to catch up before I snarled and pushed a hand to my forehead. "Ezekiel is alive?" She cocked a brow as she asked the question.

"Gods be damned, why do you manage to drag the words out from me before I even comprehend them?!" I grumbled back in response.

Alice showed me a sassy little smirk and flicked her ears. "I was always told I'm easy to talk to about problems, even in my mundane life."

"You've found me at an odd junction, Alice. There are some things I've given my word not to speak of, but yes. He is alive, he has been training with me and Harold, he is Ryder's best friend and wishes to stand with me when I try to save him."

"The guy that tried to kill me as well as most of my family, is training with you and Harold?" She glared at me, putting her hands on her hips.

"Trust me, Alice, I feel your rage. He lost much to our kind in the great wars, but I never let him lean on that crutch. However..." I gave her an amused smirk, making sure to show my teeth as I spoke, "He had to quickly get over his prejudices once he found himself amongst our ranks."

The rabbit widened her eyes and shook her head. "You... turned him?!"

"Frankly, I had no choice in the matter. It's more accurate to say, I converted him to our way of thinking, then after that fact, I was forced to embrace him. Rest assured, he came to our cause willingly though."

"And I thought my life was complicated, fuck..." She sighed and rubbed her head, then gave me a nod. "Alright, but I want in on this. If he's training with my teacher, I want to test myself again him! I'm a much different rabbit than I was a few years ago."

"Indeed you are, you've grown immensely powerful and-" Chills ran up my spine as I felt that indomitable will push against me, summoning me. I clearly felt that draw as my mother called my name.

With a growl, I pushed the small bag into Alice's hands. "Go deal with Samantha, we'll catch up in a few, love." Alice looked shocked as she saw me turn, throw a gate open and step right into it. I'd never shown her my ability to use the power so this would be one more thing to explain later.

"Why not bring the Chimera fully into the fold at this point? You've blathered on like a child gossiping about everything else, my daughter." I could hear the annoyance in her voice as she reclined there on her throne.

"I didn't reveal the knowledge of you, as per your request. I had not given my word about any of the other topics. I'm free to say what I wish to my lover and fellow family member." My arms folded, my words coming out as sassy as I intended them to.

"It's amusing... truly. That little girl has such a grip on your soul already. Why, I question if perhaps you love her more than either of your precious angels," She hummed the words as her red eyes slowly met my own.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I don't ration out my love and see who gets the bigger stack of it, mother. I love her and I trust her, that is the only truth of the matter."

"Perhaps I should meet with the rabbit." She gave me a challenging look as she cocked a brow.

"I think not. Leave the younger members of our family out of this."

"You are protective of her but you must realize she's already carrying the taint of my blood in her, why do you think she's grown so strong so quickly? Well, more quickly than a Chimera already grows, they are explosively powerful and adapt with frightful prowess..."

I swallowed a lump in my throat at that. She was right, my blood was tainted more and more by the day, especially after having full-on fed from her. The effects had been felt for me too, it was very minor, but I noticed I wasn't getting quite the same level of satiation from mundane blood that I did our own kind.