Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You will need to use caution with whom you share your blood with in the future, my daughter. All the same, let the rabbit come and meet with me."

"No." I folded my arms, leveling my gaze.

Her eyes smoldered as her teeth showed. "You have grown strong, but do you truly feel you may rebuke my will, Lorelai Tahmineh?"

"Alice does not need this in her life, not now. She has enough to worry about! The answer, is, no." I threw my hand out, my other reaching for my sword which was of course not on me.

Just like that, she was on me, hand wrapped around my throat as she lifted me from the ground, her teeth looking sharp, red eyes blazing. "Don't think these years and your love have given you the validation to tell me what to do, child!"

I winced at the grip to my throat, then snarled as I felt that haze of red fill my vision before I twisted to grab her wrist. My own teeth showed as I simply wrenched and broke her hand, making her drop me. My mother didn't even wince from the broken hand that was no doubt already mostly healed.

"Don't think my love for you won't keep me from kicking your ass either!" I screamed out as I blurred forward, driving my fist right into her jaw. There was a loud shattering of bone before she simply left her feet and slammed into the nearby rock wall, slumping down it. Once again she didn't even look pained, however, her eyes were a little wider in surprise.

"Is it the Chimera's influence, or your love? Perhaps both?" She showed me a crooked wild grin as she blurred from sight.

"Neither!" I yelled out as I spun and grabbed her own fist, parrying the strike that was meant for the back of my head as I sent a kick down into her knee, breaking it as she slumped forward and I grabbed her own throat for once. "I'm just putting my fucking foot down for once! Stay away from my family!" Finishing my declaration I shoved her to her rear on the floor.

"You are all intertwined with me, Lorelai Tahmineh, like it or not." She gave me a smirk but just sat there on the floor, not bothering to move.

I frowned and clenched my fist, hearing my knuckles pop in it. "I am the empress of the Bloodstone court, not you. I have the final say in what happens with any of my family, doubly so with Alice."

She showed her teeth in a snarl as she planted a hand on the floor, the push sending dust and debris out from the force of it as she lifted herself back to her feet. "You think you are my better now, child?"

My teeth clenched as I felt her will slam into me, making my knees want to buckle as she rose up to full and clenched her own fist. "A century or two of training won't compare, those are fleeting moments to me, daughter. Perhaps I should show you real pow-"

I punched her in the face again, sending her back to the floor. "Shut up! I don't care about your fucking dramatics, okay?!"

She blinked at me in real shock as I clenched my fist again, my vision growing hazy with red and tears. "Just leave her out of it, you understand!? Alice doesn't need to endure this, she doesn't deserve it! I don't fucking care about beating you or being the strongest, I just want to be strong enough, that's all!"

"You're fucking stupid, I hate you sometimes, but I still care about you. If I didn't I'd have-" I jerked my gaze away and wiped my face, trying to compose myself.

"Hmph... your words actually moved me slightly. Did you consider perhaps her or even... Sarnai, might welcome the power I would offer?"

"I've no doubt they would in desperation to protect what they love, but I am sufficient. There is no need for them to go through the brutality of your training."

"And if you prove insufficient? What if you fall before the Fae, my daughter?" She gave me a small smile.

I clenched my fist again. "I won't, I have too much to protect. However, if I did, the short time you had to train them would be moot."

"It is a nonsensical topic anyway. They are too young, their bodies could not handle my blood directly, they would be driven irrevocably mad from it. Best they build their endurance on your diluted blood for a few decades first." She huffed the words casually as she sauntered back over towards her throne.

My eyes widened and I snarled before cutting her off. I stood right in the seat of her throne so she'd be eye level with me, both my fists clenched. "If that is the truth, why put me through all that, to begin with!?" I spat the words into her face like a fussy teenager that had just been proven wrong.

She gave me a knowing grin. "I will ever strive to test your resolve as a leader and protector, Lorelai Tahmineh. Now get out of my seat."

I felt my left eye twitch at her words, but the red haze in my vision slowly faded as I hopped down from the throne and stalked back a few paces. My mother sat down and resumed her regular stance of leaning back casually. "You may speak of me to her, but bring forth her word it stays between the two of you. It will help fill the holes in your story."

"And you will leave her alone then?" I cocked a brow.

"I wouldn't mind meeting the Chimera sometimes in the near future, but you have my word I'll remain hands-off. Perhaps I'll wait and see how things play out over the fae and Ryder first."

I lifted my ears at that and frowned. "Do you feel the time is approaching over Ryder?"

"I do, I think this little situation to come, will set wheels in motion. Especially..." She showed her teeth in an amused grin. "Well, for now, enjoy the next few seasons my daughter. Love both your rabbits and your fox... do so recklessly as if it would all come to an end any day, for it very well could."

"What do you-" I blinked as I realized I simply wasn't standing there any longer, I was in a hot room that smelled of metal and oil. Alice jumped slightly as she realized I was standing next to her and Samantha looked up from her anvil cocking a brow.

"Lorelai you damn sheep, when did you slip in?" The bovine gave me an annoyed look but then returned to her work.

"What was that all about?" Alice moved to push up to me, hugging my arm. "I didn't know you could open gates, love."

"Uh... only certain ones. I've got a lot to catch you up on, Alice. We'll talk it all over in bed later, let's just focus on this right here for now." I pulled her closer and felt the rabbit snuggle a little closer, hugging me proudly as the cow gave us both an annoyed glance at the display of affection in her workshop.

I explained in full detail to Alice about Ezekiel, the Elder, and the full details of Ryder. For better or worse, she was fully in on things now. My wakizashi was reforged and the old katana I had gotten from Hagen was also melted down and reforged using bloodsteel and divine silver. The new blades were frightful in power and Alice said she'd be making weapons for the rest of our family as well, with Samantha's assistance of course.

A few days later I met with my vixen in Ceuta and we finally confessed our feelings. In the ensuing lovemaking, I let her feed upon me. I knew I was tainting her with ancient blood by doing so, as I had done Alice. Perhaps I was just lost in the throes, or perhaps I wanted her to have an edge in the days to come.

Time moved along, I trained and I loved, all the while being ever-present of the looming tribulations to come. As the winter season started, I decided I'd have that little getaway with my fox and rabbit. I did caution Alice that I and Sarnai weren't quite the same type of relationship she was. The rabbit just laughed and said she understood and that she wouldn't 'full-on dom me in front of my vixen.'

—♥—

The Cycle:

All things are part of the Cycle, from mundane to demons. Souls are born and move along, eventually when they fall, they are judged before deciding their next destination. A creature at its core will remain very much in line with whatever their soul is like. This isn't to say souls do not grow between cycles or during. A righteous man can turn to darkness with a particularly vile experience thrust upon them, just as the cruelest of beings may find the light of hope in some way.

Soul mates and mortal enemies are very real possibilities throughout ventures into Cycles of life. Some beings simply mark your soul in a way that it can never shake free of. They say, through some unknown power, perhaps hatred or love, these souls will naturally draw to one another somehow or someway.

—♥—

A protesting bleat escaped my throat as my back slapped into the wall of the hotel room. My eyes shifted to red as I hissed out in annoyance, "Sarnai! You disresp- mph!" The fox pushed her mouth to my own to silence me, forcing me into a kiss.

Her tongue darted out to roll with my own as my body eagerly responded to return the gesture, feeling my left wrist pushed to the wall. She gave me a hungry proud growl and pulled away as I fired another glare at her, then grunted as my right wrist was pushed to the wall as well, this time by the rabbit flanking me.

"See, my ewe... As I promised, I'll not full-on dom you, I'll share the duty with my fox..." Alice cooed the words into my ear as I snarled at her but felt her push me into a kiss as Sarnai had done. Her body pushed to my own as I bleated against her lips while our tongues met, the hungry growls of the fox filling my ears.

"You're really cute like this, Lorelai... I may have to do it more often..." Sarnai cooed the words as she kissed along my throat, the rabbit parting from the kiss to join her as they kissed down to my collar, then met to share their own heated kiss, their tongues clearly showing as they kissed together right before my eyes.

"Both of you are being brats! I've half the mind to show you real domination!" I showed my teeth, glaring as the two parted from their heated kiss, each giving me a predatory grin before I bleated as Sarnai slipped a hand right into my curls, jerking my head back slightly.

"Go ahead then... if you don't enjoy it... though your scent is saying quite different, my love..." The fox hissed the words as she moved in, dragging her tongue along my throat, her sharp teeth threatening to pierce my flesh as I shuddered.

"Hey hey! Not without me, you're not!" Alice snarled out as I moaned from feeling them both snap down on my throat, dragging me to the floor, rabbit and fox alike eagerly supping from me, their hands already frantically working my dress off me.

I tried to work up the will to resist and maybe even try to turn the tables, but damn me if my body refused at every step, happy to let the control fully slip from me. My two loves were ever attentive, pleasing me at every turn as I simply followed commands and went along with things. In a way, it's therapeutic to just be completely submissive what with the demands of leadership my life has every day.

Our little session of lovemaking wiled away into the day hours until we all collapsed together in an exhausted tangle of limbs. Of course, Alice had gotten between us when we slept, and since we were both touching her...

"Ha! Gods that was sooooo good!" The rabbit licked her lips, kicking her feet lazily while reclining on her family's bed.

"You're not sore with me, are you, Lorelai?" Sarnai offered me her own loving smile, both her and Alice in silky little nightgowns that didn't bother hiding their curves.

I gave a fussy bleat at them, "I am sore with both of you! Or more accurate to say, because of you! Tch... you two were entirely too heavy-handed, my scalp and body still ache even here in-"

"See, I told you she would like it!" Alice grinned at Sarnai.

"Alice!" I snapped out, feeling my cheeks darken but not able to offer much more of a retort than that, unable to deny the fun that I had.

"My love, if it makes you happy, I'll not do it all the time, only when I sense you want it." Sarnai grinned and put a hand to her chest, wagging her tail against the bed next to Alice.

"It is fine... it was a first for all of us, so a bit of fumbling around was to be expected. Still, do not think I want it every time, Alice!" I fired back and rested my hands on my hips, feeling my own nightgown of silk against them.

She clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. "I know that! We don't always do it either that way, just figured it'd be fun this time. C'mon love, you should know that by now, it's been like a decade or more."

She was right, it had been over a decade, and I had felt the effects clearly. A Chimera and ancient blood, it was a potent cocktail of power that had made us grow more in these last ten years than I had personally in the last century or five. Even Sarnai I could feel had grown much stronger in just the months she had been with Alice.

"She's lost in thought again." Sarnai quipped dryly.

"She's got a lot on her mind these days, it's to be expected." Alice kicked her feet as she shrugged.

My drooped ears perked a little as I frowned and shook my head. "Apologies, I was just mulling over the changes that have transpired in the last few years leading up to this."

"Are you satisfied with the course of things, my lady?" Sarnai cocked a brow at me as her head tilted curiously.

"The two women I love the most are no longer trying to murder one another, far from it, you two have formed a bond as lovers. I couldn't be happier with the course of things. I just..."

Alice gave me a knowing frown. She was the only one that knew about the rest, even Harold who housed Ezekiel knew nothing of Ryder. "You worry about what is to come. Yes my love?"

I met her eyes, knowing it was a feint to shift from my concern over Ryder. With a nod, I sighed. "It is close, have you both been training hard as I requested?"

"Of course. My family and life are whole once more, I'll not be letting some fairies come in and fuck it all up." Sarnai clenched her fist, black flames drifting off her knuckles.

"I have been as well, and keeping the lycanthrope and magi circles in the loop. Playing diplomat is hard." She sighed and frowned. "The underworld still hasn't responded to the offers of a ceasefire for the coming tide though."

My teeth clenched at that. "If they don't stand with us, they are an enemy. All the same then, I'll deal with them after the fae!"

"Come now, Lorelai... we both know there are lots of good-"

"I know! I don't need to cut down any but the leaders, let the rest of the populace go in peace, but if they raise arms, all bets are off." I clenched my own fist with a snarl.

"Lorelai, I don't doubt your power, but do you really feel you could stand toe-to-toe with a demon lord?" Sarnai quirked a brow and then widened her eyes as I simply nodded.

"Our lady is frightfully powerful, I bet she'd be able to kick those fairies in the tail and tell them to behave all on her own." Alice clenched her own fist as she spoke the words proudly.

I gave a laugh and shook my head. "Alice, no matter how powerful one is, you can't stand before an army."

She pouted at my response at having been thwarted as my personal cheerleader. I moved over and ran my hand through her hair, rubbing at one of her ears, then used my other hand to do the same to Sarnai. Both of them looked so happy, eyes closing as I gave them the small tokens of affection. "I love both of you very deeply, know that I would stand down an army of fae or any other horror for either of you."

"You're so dramatic, my lady, but I love you and would do the same. I'd stand before any foe for you." Sarnai opened her eyes, giving me a toothy grin.

"Me too, Lorelai! The gods themselves could stand before me and I'd protect you!" Alice gave me a fierce glare and I smiled at the words, sounding very much like something I'd say.

"I know you would, my sisters. We will continue to hope that peace is with us, but we will prepare for war. Even if it all crashed down, so long as I was with you two and my family... it would..." I snarled and withdrew my hand, clenching my first as I thought about him.

"It's moot. We'll get through this, and then..." Alice gripped my fist, uncurling my fingers as her red eyes met mine. She gave me a nod and Sarnai quirked a brow.

"Something you guys aren't telling me?" Her ears lifted and I heard the edge in her voice.

"I... Look, Sarnai. It does not threaten you or your family, you will know once the fae are dealt with, but for now, I need you to focus on the current storm that approaches. You have my word, when it is resolved, I'll sit down and tell you everything." My hand moved to my chest as Alice glanced over at her.

"You are my family, Lorelai. If it affects you-"

"Then respect my wishes and wait! It isn't up for debate and our time is already dwindling. Once it is resolved, you have my word." I pushed out some of my will to say the topic was past, but frankly I questioned how well that even worked in Alice's dreamspace.

Sarnai didn't look phased by my show of power, but she did give an understanding nod. "I don't like it, but... I'll respect your wishes, for now, my lady, my love."

"Thank you, know I don't hold the knowledge for any reason but that it needs to be so." I sighed and frowned at my own words. I hated keeping him hidden away, I wanted to have girl talk about him with them, talk about my angel-fox proudly to them.

"All in time, yes, my love?" Alice pushed her palm to my cheeks, drawing my attention back to hers before giving me a reassuring kiss. Sarnai smiled and stood from the bed, moving over to give me a kiss as well all of us holding one another. I tried to just take in the moment, to treasure it, knowing it wouldn't last as long as I'd like.

—♥—

"Gods be damned! She... I nearly lost her! That fucking spirit she... her, Gloria, and... gods... Alex... she ripped him apart with one strike. Had Sarnai not been able to turn him..."

"I'm so sorry, I wish I had been there. I'm failing my vow. She and her family... it is my fault-"

"No. Don't lay this at your feet, Ryder. I just... I wanted to get it off my chest. She knew and I'm proud of her. She stood defiant against a power she had no hope of withstanding, all for her family. Had Rachel and the other angels now shown up... Damn it! Why didn't she call me?!"

"Maybe... she feared for you as well."

I frowned hard as the words entered my mind while I stared at the ruby in my hands. Time passed far too quickly and the fae did arrive just as spring had. They struck right to the heart of the matter, the Great Spirit clearly seeking out Alice. Could I have stood before that?

"Maybe she did..." I snarled the words, shaking my head.

"She's safe, and you've gained some insight. I know the magi are already working on the matter."

"I know..."

"For now you must focus on what can be done, Lorelai."

"I know!"

A silence filled the space before I sighed and shook my head again. "I'm sorry, Ryder... I just... everything I've done, yet here I am, helpless to aid you or her when she needed me most."

"It's okay to be frustrated, I've been training hard and trying to focus. Kazemde seems to be hopeful, especially once my family and the Seraph get involved."

"Yes... it's only been a few days since it happened and the Archmage has already requested us for a meeting and possibly some sort of counter-strike against the Faemarch."

"A counter-strike?"

"I'm not sure on the details, I'll let you know once it's done."

"Please be careful, Lor."

"Don't worry, I won't die, Ryder. Not until you are free and things are set right."

"I'd prefer you didn't die at all, my love."

"Well, it's not like I plan to."

"Hey, Lor?"

"What is it, Ryder?"

"I'm really tired, I'm tired of not sleeping or eating, I'm tired of not touching you or even breathing. The last time Kalinae checked on me a few years ago, I even stalled, tried to play along a bit, just to enjoy breathing, using my eyes, and actually seeing things. I study and I meditate, but I'm just so very tired..."