Blood & Carrots - Celestial Ep. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I clenched my teeth, squeezing the ruby hard in my grip, tears rolling down my cheeks at his words. "I know... soon, I swear it. Once the fae are dealt with, if I have to, I'll start on the first level of hell and carve my way straight to you! Just stay with me a little longer, my angel fox."

There were several moments of silence before he responded, "... alright, my ewe."

"Focus on your studies, don't think about anything else for a while. You hear me, Ryder? You're going to be okay, I swear it."

"Alright, Lorelai, I love you, and tell Toroah I love him as well."

"I will, be strong my angel fox, we'll be together again soon." I sat the ruby down on Kazemde's desk and just flopped back in the chair, little hiccups of sobs coming from my throat as the tears refused to stop flowing.

The Archmage must have sensed the connection break as I heard a gentle knock on the door before it opened. "Are you finished, Lorelai?"

I shuddered and whipped my face, giving a ragged sigh. "Y-yeah..."

He frowned as he took a seat at his desk. He'd seen me sob enough that I didn't bother trying to hide it. I rubbed at my face and looked at him through my fingers. "Kazemde, we can't keep doing this to him. We need to get him out of there, now."

"I know... once we deal with this threat, I plan to work in conjunction with the celestials. We'll put every ounce of manpower into finding the former Paladin. Then we'll have our key." Kazemed frowned as he folded his hands. "I need you to focus on the here and now though. We can't help him with a rampaging spirit tearing the world apart."

I gave a composed nod and sighed before I sat up. "Alright... alright... get him to his next instructor, I'm going to go for a walk to clear my head before I go meet the celestials."

His hood puffed out slightly. "Why meet them?"

"It seems Gloria and Rachel have petitioned for ascension to Archangels. Ichiro reached out to me. He said he wanted me and Ezekiel present for it."

Kazemde frowned at that. "Is that wise? Isn't he estranged from them?"

"Your guess is as good as mine, but mother assured us it was safe and they've given their word this isn't a trap." I shrugged and clicked my tongue as I stood. "Their worthless gods help them if it were..."

"Lorelai... have some faith in your allies in the coming days. You can't commit fully to the task at hand constantly watching your back." Kazemde snapped the words at me surprisingly sharp and I frowned at the reprimand, but he was correct.

"You're right... I'll try to keep your words at heart. I should go, Kaz." I whispered the words, feeling tired as I turned to step away.

"I'll always be here if you need to talk or cry, Lorelai, don't forget." I heard his words as I pushed the door open, throwing my hand up as I walked out into the circle.

—♥—

Shards of Stability:

The Faemarch is divided into four realms, each more or less representing the cycle of seasons. Like in the other realms, the Faemarch does have it's own cycle of seasons, so naturally the winter region will still grow a little warmer in the summer seasons, likewise even the summer region will lower in temperature slightly in the colder months. However, for the most part, the regions will maintain their balance.

This is where the Shards of Stability come into play. Each region has several points where leylines of power meet, these leylines will house a small shrine with a shard that focuses the power back to the Great Fae Spirit that resides over that realm.

Surprisingly, Shards are only lightly guarded because a Greater Spirit can manifest near a shard fairly quickly. Not to mention only a rival spirit would seek the shard, but if one were to strike out and take a shard for themselves, the other three would no doubt unite against them, and so the shards remain as much a deterrent of hostility as a focus of power.

—♥—

"You ready for this?" I looked over at Ezekiel as he clenched his fist and gave a resolute nod. Torah gave his own nod as he flourished a hand to draw the gate open and we both entered it.

I stepped forth into that area I once had been pulled to, the odd blue nothingness with light all around. I wasn't alone this time, every single Archangel was present, along with Rachel and Gloria.

"Lady Lorelai!" Gloria barked in surprise, then gapped her jaw, her gaze growing sharper and a little more fierce as she met the lion's gaze. "Ezekiel... I thought you had been executed."

My brother did something surprising. He stomped right over to the retriever, looking down upon her, noting the black in her wings, then took a knee before her. "Sister, the years since then I have grown to understand the error of things. I offer my apologies and beg your forgiveness in the matter. I'm willing to offer my throat to you in tribute as well."

Gloria frowned, stepping back awkwardly her ears and tail drooped. "Uh... W-what? Ezekiel... I don't-"

"She's not a vampire, brother. She can't drink from you, she's just fallen." I sighed out at the dramatics as the other Archangels and no doubt the Seraph waited for the conclusion of the exchange.

"Ezekiel! What you did was terrible, but... no one was hurt and if you have opened your eyes, then I am satisfied and accept your apology. Stand, I do not need your life." Gloria frowned and put a hand to her hip.

He grunted and stood, offering another nod. "Thank you, sister."

"What did you want?" I finally called out to the open room, as no one had actually mentioned the reason for our visit.

The words came out all around and nowhere at once as the Seraph spoke. "Because of Elias and Sarnai's service to the mundane, we have agreed to the ascension."

I frowned again at the words as I looked to Gloria. "Well, that's nice but why have us present? I mean I'm happy to stand in support of my sister if she feels better to have me here."

"Thank you, Lady Lorelai! That means a lot to me!" She barked out in a childish way that made me give her a small smile as I offered my hand to her. The retriever quickly came to me and clasped it hard, showing how nervous she was over the whole ordeal.

"Ezekiel, our son."

The lion lifted his head at the words. "Do you still see me in such a light, your holiness?"

"You have made missteps, but you still have a just heart, you never stopped being our son, as Gloria never stopped being our daughter."

Ezekiel nodded and took a knee. "Thank you, your holiness, it is an honor to be in your presence. What can I and my sister do for you?"

"Empress of Bloods-"

"Just call me Lorelai, or I'm leaving," I snarled to the air, cutting my eyes right to the direction of the power once more, showing I wasn't playing along with the everywhere at once schtick.

"... Lorelai. You and our brother championed our cause. The two of you righted an evil that even our eyes did not perceive."

"Your welcome," I spat out in a flat tone.

"Lorelai, the Seraph wishes to ask you a request..." Ichiro sighed the words as if he were already tired of my attitude.

"Out with it then." I fired back, my voice keeping the irritation as I kept a grasp on my sister's hand.

"We wish the world to have six Archangels again and-"

"Sorry, I've got enough on my plate. I'm not going to be a part-time angel too." I waved my free hand to dismiss the words. "Give it to Ezekiel, maybe he'll be able to keep up with me if you do."

All the Archangels present slacked their jaws and even Ezekiel cocked a brow at my words.

"... Yes, well... Thank you for offering your support for your brother. We think?"

I showed Gloria a small smile as she gave me a grin and wagged her tail at my casual diffusion of the situation.

"Do I have a say in this matter, your holiness?" Ezekiel rose and clenched his fists.

"Of course you do, our son. It is not something we will thrust upon you. However, we know what you plan to do and we intend to see that you return safely to us along with the Paladin."

"Paladin!?" Rachel barked out in shock. "We have a-" She winced and grabbed her head as I frowned upon her.

"Lorelai, what is going on?" Gloria frowned as she looked at Rachel then to me.

I squeezed her hand in a bid of comfort as I whispered softly, "Something painful..."

Torah called out to the air, "Your holiness! You can't mean to-"

"All shall be revealed, our son, but first... Ezekiel. What say you our son?"

"I dreamed of rising to the ranks of the Archangels, but it all feels so hollow now without him here to see it." He clenched his fists and I could see tears showing on his cheeks as he snarled. "What would you expect of me Seraph? To abandon my new family and return to this one?"

"Nay, my son. You may come and go between us. We are both your family now and we would not take that from you."

"Have you forgotten I've turned? Will this even work?" Ezekiel tilted his head showing his large canines to the air.

"The Elder ensured your divinity did not leave you, so you are well and safe."

"The Elder?!" I released Gloria's hand as flames started lapping at my own. I pointed right at the source of the power. "Do you mean to tell me you and my mother plotted this from the start!?"

"Not quite, but yes. We have spoken with the Elder throughout the years since you started seeing her, Lorelai. It was a joint effort to attempt to stave off the coming fae and to liberate our son."

I took a deep breath and snarled, "I do not like being toyed with, Seraph... if you had this knowledge, you should have told me from the start!"

"Our apologies, we simply had to adapt to the situation, we did not anticipate the intervention of a Chimera. It was never done purposefully."

I folded my arms and shot a look over to Ezekiel. "What will you do, brother? I hold no ill will with you wishing to be with both your families and obviously our mother does not either."

"There is no question. It'll be quite the surprise for him to see me as an Archangel, and if it saves my brother, then yes, without hesitation I accept."

"What is this about revealing things, Seraph? My heart aches and I feel immense trepidation over your words!" Rachel lifted her ears as she spoke, looking angry already and quivering.

"Forgive us, daughter there was no other way..." With the Seraph's words, the fox clenched her teeth, her back arching before she collapsed to her knees and hands, wailing in agony as if being tortured.

Gloria grabbed my hand, squeezing it hard as I clenched my teeth, the wails were not one of physical pain, though I was sure that was a factor. No, those were something I'd had myself as well as experienced with both Toroah and Ezekiel.

Her wings grew several more inches, blood running down the feathers but the fox just slammed her fists to the ground, tears falling on them as she sobbed out his name again and again.

"Ryder! Gods... Ry..." Her teeth grit and I saw her vision shift to gold before she stood and glared upon Ichiro. Samantha had just grabbed him, Rachel full-on punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground before Toroah and Samantha grabbed her.

"You cowardly son of a bitch! How dare you keep this from me!" She screamed and struggled against the other two angels as I sighed with a shake of my head. "Ryder! How could you just... How dare you take him from me!" Her words sounded mad as she clearly shifted her gold eyes right to the source of divinity in the room, my head lifted at that.

"Seraph! You bastard! You had no right! You had no right to do that to any of us!"

"Our daughter-"

"Don't you daughter me!" Rachel screamed and shoved both Toroah and Samanath off her with shocking strength, stomping towards the direction of the power. "Get out here! I'll show you-"

"That's enough!" I blurred forward as I met her face to face, pushing a hand to her shoulder, meeting her gold eyes. "Rachel, look at me!"

She snarled, her teeth showing but she focused her golden eyes on me, tears rolling down her face. "He's alive, he's just trapped! We're getting him back and you can talk to him, I'll take you there when this is done, so just breathe!"

I heard her give a few broken sobs as she shook her head. "He... you mean it?"

"I swear it, Rachel. He's okay..." I gripped both her hands, holding them as I squeezed them gently.

"But... Charlotte... I... I killed her! I struck down his own love and-"

"Stop. You did what you had to do, and Charlotte did all this for a reason. She laid the groundwork for you, me, and Toroah. She gave herself so the three of us could save him. I'll explain it all in time, so just calm down, okay?"

She closed her eyes, nodding a few times before throwing her arms around me. She hugged me tight as I grunted and blinked at the gesture before hugging her back, feeling the fox sobbing against my shoulder.

The Seraph's voice finally rang out once more, "Thank you, Lor-"

"Fuck you," I fired back bitterly as I held the fox that he loved, held her, and kept a hand on the back of her head as she cried for him. "To hell with your holy bullshit. I've had to watch every last one of them break and help pick the pieces up, while you sit there on the high ground."

Ezekiel had helped Ichiro up while Samantha and Toroah had been busy with Rachel. I just sat there shaking my head while the fox sobbed on me, Gloria frowned and looked confused, being the only one to not fully understand the situation but moving over to me.

"Rachel... it's okay. Be strong for Sarnai, your daughter, yeah?" Gloria put a hand on her shoulder, wagging her tail as the fox looked up with teary eyes, seeing the retriever smile down at her.

"Y-yes... my child, still needs, protecting..." She shifted her gaze to mine with a frown before gently pulling from my arms. "Thank you, Lorelai... truly... for many things."

I pushed my palms to her cheeks, wiping the tears for her before giving a nod, knowing there were some on my own cheeks from my emotions getting wrapped up in it. "No problem, Rachel... We'll get our fox back, I promise."

"My son, are you prepared?"

Ezekiel stepped away from Toroah and Ichiro as he clenched his teeth and locked his knees. "Yes."

The lion snarled, then roared out as the wings grew on his back. Blood dripped down his back and wings as I watched his knees bend slightly but he managed to stay upright. He snarled and panted as he glared down at the ground, bracing on both of them now. I bit my lip as I realized Gloria was gripping my hand once more, frowning at the display.

"You'll be alright, my sister... I'm here with you and it's for Alex and everyone else, right?" I gave the retriever a reassuring smile as she looked into my eyes and gave a nod of her own.

It was probably a mercy to not ask her if she was prepared, like surprising a child with a needle while it was distracted. Gloria gave a pained bark then dropped to her knees, throwing her arms around me as I grunted from it, once again being hugged up by a dog I really didn't know all that well.

I did what a matriarch was to do though, I held my sister. I held her through the sobs and pained yowls as her body endured for her loved ones, the black wings growing right before my eyes, shiny with fresh blood while I kept a hand on her head as she sobbed into my chest. "It's okay, sister... I'm here..."

"Forgive us, Lorelai... it was necessary..."

My ears lifted as I looked back at the power while snarling out, "What the fuck does that-"

"Lorelai... I was a teacher... saving a child, a truck... then the lights went out..." Gloria shuddered as she pulled away just enough to look at me, her blue eyes full of tears, my own widening at the overwhelming sensation. I had seen these eyes before, eyes I'd never forget.

"It wasn't my first... I tried... I tried to save them all, I even... I even got a few to the safety of the cellar, but then... the wall gave way from the fire... sunlight, so much of it... nowhere to go... and then the lights went out..." She whispered the words, her hand on my face, my own upon hers.

"D-Diana?" I shuddered as I spoke the name, staring into those eyes, realizing what had transpired.

She gave a few slow nods. "I- think so... it's so strange... as if I have two memories of death, but only one memory of life..."

"The Paladin, years ago asked that any that fell of your kind be considered for candidacy to our cause unless they were truly vile. When your sister fell nearly a century ago, she returned to the cycle and lived a good life, showing she had been of a righteous heart from the beginning, and so we uplifted-"

The Seraph stopped the explanation as they realized Gloria had thrown her arms back around me and drew me into a kiss. I bleated out at the gesture but then eagerly returned the affection of my ex I had lost nearly a century ago.

After a few moments, she pulled from me, her tongue withdrawing and the grip on my hair easing. "S-Sorry... I know we're not dating anymore, I was just... so happy to see you..."

"It's... it's okay, Dia- Gloria... I'm happy to see you too, you have no idea... I was ready to give up over your loss..." I whispered the words, then clenched my teeth as the retriever gave me that loving sigh she did centuries ago and pushed in for another kiss as I gasped out and fell to my back right there, both our arms wrapped around one another as we unceremoniously kissed before the whole lot of them.

"Sister... maybe you should get a room..." Ezekiel finally called out and I gasped as Gloria pulled from my lips even though I obviously didn't need air.

She blushed and fluffed her wings out before awkwardly standing and offering me her hand. I stood and straightened my shirt which she had been in the process of trying to peel off me. "As excitable and handsy as always, eh?" I called out to her with a small smile.

"I'm so sorry! I just lost myself in the uh... flood of memories!" She barked out and bowed several times to the room.

I composed myself and finally snarled out, "Why didn't you tell me, Seraph? You really are trying to get on my shit list today, aren't you?"

"We weren't fully aware of who she was until she ascended. She had only been in our ranks a few years when Alice met her some decade past. Simply put, we were not aware of the significance of things until recently."

"A shit excuse is better than none at all." I snarled and then met Gloria's eyes, the angel giving me a look like she did when we were in the height of our love, her tail blurring as she stepped closer to me and took my hand again.

"Di- Gloria... let's focus for now, we'll uh... talk about this later, okay?" I blushed as I squeezed her hand gently, the retriever giving me a hungry look but composing herself as she nodded.

I pulled the retriever along with me as I walked over to my brother. "Sorry about that, how do you feel?"

"My wings and back are killing me, but I'll live... I can feel it's kind of like... well like a limiter or something has been removed from my spirit, but I don't feel much stronger. I know that doesn't make much sense."

"That's exactly what it is, my brother." Ichiro shifted his focus to us, still rubbing his jaw as he spoke. "It only opens the potential, it doesn't instantly just give you the power."

"We will talk more of this soon, my son. For now, return to your new home with Lorelai." The Seraph's voice called out gently.

"Rachel, I'll be in touch, we'll get you a chance to talk to him, just try to focus. We can't save him if we all get murdered, remember that. I've been waiting nearly two centuries to help him, you'll be okay until this shit is resolved with the damn fairies, okay?" I moved to the fox, gently putting a hand on her shoulder, Gloria still clutching my other palm.

"Thank you, you're right. I've my daughter and family to think of. I'll... try to be strong." Rachel gave me a resolved nod and I noted she hadn't apologized or shown any remorse for clocking Ichiro one. I gave her a smile and turned back to my brother.