Blood & Carrots - Silverpaw Ep. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So you'll speak on her behalf then?" Alice folded her arms, tilting her head as she gave the older dog a questioning look.

"That is the only thing I can do. We are to only summon the Seraph under the most cataclysmic of situations, but I suppose this would meet those criteria." Ichiro gave a heavy nod as he huffed the words, looking tired at the thought of it.

"You mentioned five, who would you propose as the fifth to ascend?" Toroah spoke out curiously.

Alice gave him a look like an annoyed partner would give their significant other that just said something stupid. "Toroah, my sweet angel. Rachel is the only other reasonable one."

My mother gave a shocked bark and stood from her seat, pushing her hands to the table before her. "Now just a minute! Even if I were worthy, I'd be another century or more out to even be considered for such a thing."

"So, we'll just ask Triallia to hold off on her rampage for a few more decades while you get your panties unbunched, Mom?" I called out dryly to her with a grin on my face.

"Sarnai!" Rachel gave me an annoyed motherly glare. "That is no way to speak to your mother!"

Samantha gave a deep laugh and shook her head, "This is such a trainwreck... Fallen angels and High Bishops with no experience ascending to our ranks? What a time to be alive..."

"Better to be alive though." Toroah gave Samantha a grim nod and the cow returned it.

"Given our situation, I can't deny the logic. They get my vote." Samantha gave a shrug as she lazily looked towards Ichiro.

"Likewise... I feel there are no other options. Rachel is the most qualified in this circumstance and the world needs all the power we can muster," Toroah spoke his own agreeance of the matter towards the saint bernard.

Ichiro looked to my mother and tilted his head. "We can not thrust this upon you, High Bishop. You must be willing-"

"Of course I'll do it, my lord. For our flock, for my daughter, and for all of you. I am not worthy, but I will do my part as we all must in these coming days!" She spoke the words with confidence and I felt my chest swell with pride, a grin spreading on my face to see my mother in such a light.

Ichiro nodded to our group as he spoke, "So it is. I will request communion with the Seraph, but after that, it is out of my hands. Give me a few days and we will be in touch, lady Blackpaw."

"Thank you, Ichiro. I am grateful for your continued faith in our alliance." Alice gave a bow as did Gloria.

"I'll see you all back to your home," Toroah called out as he rose from his seat and moved towards us.

"You two go on ahead, I'll catch up," I growled the words as I folded my arms, leveling Samanth with a hard look.

"Love, is now the time for that?" Alice frowned up at me.

I snorted at my lover as my flames started rolling off me once more. "In the coming days, I may find her at my side in battle, I'll not fight with someone I don't trust with my back. We'll air this out between us as warriors."

"Well said. You piss me off fox, but I respect your capabilities. We'll settle this and you'll know I'm your better, then we can move on." Samantha showed me a cocky grin as her warhammer appeared along her shoulder once more.

Ichiro grumbled at the two of us, "Fine, I've had enough of you two, just go be done with it!" The eldest of the angels snapped his fingers and everything simply ceased to be as it was.

I looked around, feeling concrete under my feet, obviously in a large building of some sort, like an empty warehouse. Samantha strode forward out of the darkness, a small ball of light in her hand to illuminate her way.

"So, you had words for me, Sarnai?" The cow showed me a wide grin, tapping the shaft of her hammer on her shoulder.

I was still holding the parasol and slung it over my shoulder, giving her an annoyed look, the artifact obviously keeping her light from affecting me, which saved me the trouble of snuffing it out with my hellfire. "You will never, and I do mean, never, talk to my mother in such a disrespectful tone ever again. Am I clear?"

"You're correct. I'll not disrespect her again, so long as you can better me in combat." She showed a grin as the lights of the warehouse came on with a loud clank, illuminating the area, showing we had plenty of space for this.

"Let's settle this properly then. No powers, no bullshit. Just you, and me, fist to fist." I growled as I tossed the parasol to the ground, drawing my saber and revolver, laying them down as well.

Samantha tilted her head and said nothing, but the light in her hand flickered out as she slung the warhammer down to the floor in a loud thunk of silver on concrete. "You really think you can keep up with me without your precious hellfire?"

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and lowered my stance, saying nothing before I sprang upon the angel, drawing forth a punch that connected to her jaw. She took the blow with surprising grace before sending her own fist against my own jaw, the impact making me stagger back with a bark of pain.

"Don't think your vampiric strength or speed will give you an edge here, fox." Samantha showed me a cocky grin as she blurred forward. I gave a surprised huff at her speed, she of course was much larger than me, matching nearly Alex in size, but to see her move so fast without her hammer, made me question how damn heavy that thing was.

I ducked a jab before hopping to the side of another, then snapped my leg in a kick, clipping the other woman in the jaw and making her stagger back, grunting as she gripped her mouth.

"My husband always said I had surprisingly strong legs when he tried to hold me down in bed," I cooed the words mockingly as I hopped on my feet, then gave the cow a smirk. "Oh wait, you all probably have to remain celibate, eh?"

"My sex life is fine, you wretched bitch!" Samantha snarled the words as she sprang forward, lunging down as if she were a boxer, shifting forward and throwing a full-on uppercut at me. I whistled as I felt the force of it, my bangs bouncing as I jerked my head to the side.

She obviously didn't trust her odds with kicks, all of her blows coming from her fists. The more I watched her the more it was obvious she was fighting me as if she were indeed a boxer, juking to the side, throwing jabs, and retreating back as I tried to counter.

"Guess we're in a boxing match now, eh?" I huffed the words as I dodged to the side, falling back and lifting my knee, taking a jab right on the shin as the cow winced from impact to my solid bone. I hopped back, bracing and snapping another kick into her jaw as she staggered, then I lunged forward, sending an elbow into her temple, making her fall to her rear on the floor.

Hopping back I shifted to bend my knee, keeping both fists at the ready, my black tail wagging behind me. "I can also box, Samantha, though I practice the art of eight limbs, so you'll get a lot more than punches if you close in on me!"

"You talk too much!" Samantha wiped the blood from her mouth and found her feet, setting herself and lunging in on me once more. I sidestepped and threw an elbow strike, but she suddenly grabbed my arm instead of blocking. I didn't expect the grapple and she hauled me right into her grasp.

I barked out as she locked my throat in a chokehold, baring down on me, her other massive arm wrapped around me, pinning my own arms. Her grip was absolute and I could barely squirm in her grasp. Giving a huff I folded my ears as I spoke, "Ha... Pretty good, but... I don't need to breathe, remember?!" I snarled out and drove my foot down hard right atop her own foot.

She yowled out but only tightened her grasp around me, trying to crush me as I felt my ribs starting to break and my arms threatening to do the same. I barked out and sent another kick into her foot, then drew my heel back right into her shin. The constant blows made her ease her grip enough on my head for me to send it back straight into her face.

Her arms finally tossed me away as she grabbed her broken nose, snarling as blood ran down her wrists while she held her face. I gave a relieved huff and rolled my shoulder, "Wow... make mental note, do not let you grab me, huh?" I gave her a coy grin as I hopped on my feet a few times before setting my stance, feeling my ribs quickly healing.

The bovine woman hissed out as she wiped her nose on her sleeve, the break starting to set and heal as she glared upon me. "If you weren't a damn abomination that chokehold would have ended it!"

I put my hands on my hips and grinned. "Yeah, and if you weren't a celestial, that first kick would have taken your head off, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to stay down!" She yelled the words as she blurred towards me and threw a haymaker right into my jaw, making me sprawl a few yards away. I picked myself up and snarled furiously, blood rolling down the corner of my mouth.

"You piss me off! I'm sick of your haughty bullshit!" I roared out and dove upon her, slamming my fist into her own face, making her retreat back before I gave another kick that sent her to the ground in a similar fashion.

"I've trained with some of the greatest martial arts masters throughout history, and I spar once a season with our most powerful warrior, Harold. Keep getting up, Samantha, I'll keep putting you on your ass all night long!" I barked out the words furiously clenching my fist as she started to climb from the floor, lunging forward and sending a knee right into her jaw, sending her sprawling again to land on her back.

The archangel laid there sprawled out on the ground looking dazed and shocked as I hopped on my feet, ready to lunge and drop her down again if she moved to stand. She groaned and waved a hand. "Okay okay... stop kicking me already, fuck..." She groaned the words as she slowly climbed to her feet, grabbing her own arm and jerking it back into the socket before rolling her shoulder.

I showed my teeth as I thrust a finger out towards her, "I'll say it again. Never disrespect my mother again, are we clear?"

"If I could use my light-"

"Do it!" I barked out with a snarl.

Samantha sneered and with no hesitation pulled forth her light, thrusting the sphere up into the open warehouse, basking us in divine radiance. I felt the slight pull of weakness but stood there folding my arms. I had let my mother test her light on me several times and knew the effects would be diminished, in truth I wanted to test it against an archangel.

"Are you satisfied? Or should I kick your ass more under the effects of this?" I snarled the words, my red flames starting to lap at my ears and tail while I stood there. In truth, I could feel the light sapping my strength, but it was at such a slow rate, I was confident I could put her on her ass and use my hellfire to extinguish it if I needed to.

Her mouth parted in a shocked gasp, seeing me stand there unflinching. Ears lifting she threw a hand out and willed her hammer to her, the warhammer simply lifting from the floor and sailing into her grip.

"I can't do that with my sword, but go ahead and try your luck, I don't need it." I spoke the words, motioning for her to come on with my hand. "I'll put you on your ass and break that hammer over your stubborn head."

"You're not bluffing, are you? The lights not working, is it?" She huffed the words, tilting her head curiously as she looked upon me.

I blurred towards her and was atop her in a blink, my arms folded as I looked up at her with a neutral look on my face, my red flames now pouring off me as I raised my hand in a finger gun, sending a lance of hellfire at her that just soared past her cheek, flying off into the darkness of the warehouse. I tilted my head and gave her a bored look as I spoke, "You tell me, Samantha. We still doing this, or are you done?"

She scowled and willed the light out, taking a step back. "I'll not disrespect the High Bishop again."

"Cool. We good then? You don't have to like me, but if it comes down to it, I don't need you sinking that hammer into my spine while I'm defending your stupid ass." I snarled as I took a step back, willing my flames out before I moved to collect my things.

"You've my word, I'll fight with you as an ally going forward. I don't like you or your kind, but I respect your power and dedication to your family." She turned from me, flicking her wiry tail.

"Good, I respect your power and dedication to your cause too, so no hard feelings. Let's just all get through this alive, we can sort the details out then." I nodded as I put my sword back on, shouldering the parasol and sliding my revolver back into its holster.

"She tore you up pretty good, were you scared?" She spoke out in a conversational tone to me as I lifted my ears.

"The fear of death and torture does nothing to me, Samantha." I gave her a hard look and frowned as I continued, "The threat of murdering everyone I love and care about right before me, that shook me to my core. Especially knowing that as it stands in this moment, I couldn't stop her? That terrifies me absolutely."

She gave me a long appraising look before nodding. "We won't let that happen. We'll find a way, all of us."

I gave her my own nod. "Thank you. If something does happen to me though, take care of my mom, she's a good fox and all of you are lucky to have her in your ranks."

"You know, for a monstrous bitch, you're quite a loving daughter." Samantha gave me a coy grin as she spoke.

"And you're an alright girl to talk to when you're not being a stuck up self-absorbed pain in the ass." I barked the words out and we both laughed before settling our gazes upon one another.

I stared upon her for a long moment before speaking out, "So we're good now?"

Samantha showed me her teeth in a lazy grin. "I'll call you out for a full-on duel once this is sorted to decide who's really the better, but yeah, we're good. I am with you and yours, come what may."

—♥—

I gave a tired huff as I rocked back in my seat, palms in my lap as I met your eyes, seeing the surprise in them at the revelations of late. "Yeah, I don't blame you, my child. It's a lot to take in, to think our sister and even my mother may become archangels."

You seemed to express more interest in the fact I fist fought an archangel and came out on top against her. I gave you an amused grin before summoning up my haughty tone of voice for you. "Of course, of course. Your sire is no pushover, my child. I've got to be strong for you, Alex, and all of my family." I clenched my fist, flames rolling off it as I gave you a smug grin.

My eyes grew distant as I averted them a few moments later. Of course, Triallia's face crept into my mind, then I looked back at you, knowing you would be on that list of hers. The look you gave me said you knew what was on my mind but your words of confidence in me came shortly after.

I gave what probably sounded like a pitiful bark of a laugh before rising from my seat. "I'm not sure if that faith comes in earnest, or because I'm your sire." With a mustered grin I gave you an appreciative glance, my tail wagging slightly. "Know this, my child. So long as this old fox exists, I'll not let harm come to any of my loved ones, including you."

I hope you've enjoyed this week's episode, my dear reader. If you have, I'm thrilled and would love to know it, so please give it a vote and favorite, that will do wonders for my drive. If you really like my stuff, by all means, give me a follow so you can keep up with my releases, that would make my day.