Blood is Not Thicker Than Water

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't have to tell you how dangerous what these people are doing is," he concluded.

.

.

Our normal lives. I didn't even know what my life was like now, much less what was expected. A few days later, I came home to suitcases in the hallway. After we discovered my birth certificate, we never slept together again. Neither of us could come up with a reason for Max to continue to live with me. He had his house on Lake Erie, and I had my work here.

What would come of my job at Victor Corp? I couldn't even guess. Would the business implode or make it through. Time will tell.

Max and I kept in touch through emails and occasional phone calls. We were learning to live on another level again. I didn't like it, but it was what it was.

.

.

TWO MONTHS LATER

.

.

​I saw the FBI arrive from my window and make it to the hallway of Victor's office when the agents burst in, weapons ready. We could hear Victor, belligerent and lashing out with a barrage of insults and threats.

Paying no mind to Victor's hostility, the agents proceed with incredible professionalism. They swiftly secure the area, isolating Victor from any potential means of escape. The air crackles with a sense of authority, and everyone seems frozen. The employees weren't shocked. Not at all. They all knew he was doing something illegal but weren't sure what. They all looked at each other, wondering who blew the whistle. There would be a lot of slaps on the back and congratulations for taking the old man down if they knew who the whistleblower was.

Document by document, the agents seize the evidence of Victor's illicit activities, carefully bagging and tagging each item for later analysis. I wondered if anyone noticed that the agents knew exactly where to look on their first sweep while I watched Victor escorted out, his hands behind his back in handcuffs.

Simultaneously, critical individuals within Victor's inner circle were also taken into custody.

The FBI told us the building would be closed to employees until they thoroughly sweep all offices. They checked our bags as we left the building.

"Drake? Are you related to Victor?" one of the agents asked. "He asked that his daughter call his attorney."

"I am his stepdaughter, so no, not really."

His face impassive, he nodded and motioned me out the door.

Max saw it on the news and called immediately. I was okay. Yes. I was curious how long it would take to return to the building. I didn't know much, really. I have been walking through my life like a robot since Max left.

.

.

THREE WEEKS LATER

.

There was a knock on my condo door, and I looked out the peephole to see a woman I didn't recognize, but I opened the door anyhow. I stood there and looked at her. She seemed so familiar.

"I'm Cecily. Cecily Drake. Your mother."

My head swirled momentarily, and Onyx bumping my ankles brought me back.

"Come in."

I walked down the hall into the kitchen and turned to look at her. She gave me the same appraisal. From the neck down, it was like looking at a clone of me. Although she was older, she had the exact figure and the same big breasts as me. Short brown hair curled around her head, and she had the most beautiful grey eyes I'd ever seen.

"You look like your father," she said, smiling. "The same beautiful hazel eyes and black hair."

"Now I know where I got these from," I said, cupping my hands under my breasts, and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Come in. Would you like something to drink?"

"No thanks. I saw on the news about Victor and had to come. To see if you were alright." Her grey eyes were bright with concern.

"I am. We had a volatile relationship and weren't close. I haven't talked to Victor since the FBI took him out in handcuffs, and he hasn't contacted me."

Her eyes dropped. "I'm sorry. I was afraid of that. Your father wouldn't let me take you with me, you know."

"I didn't know because he never talked about it, but I'm sure that was true. He was evil," I said,

She relaxed in the chair once we got that out of the way. I supposed she thought I blamed her for leaving me. I saw a wedding ring on her finger.

"You remarried."

"I did. I married not long after I left, actually. I found a wonderful guy. You have a stepbrother." She hesitated. "If you're interested."

"Yes, of course I am. I want to know all about you and him." I wondered if she noticed I didn't ask his name. I looked out the window for a moment. "You know I never saw a picture of you. Victor got rid of everything. Max described you to me."

She smiled fondly. "Max. How is he? Do you see him often?"

"I did, but he's back at his house on Lake Erie. We found my birth certificate."

She put her hand to her mouth, and I thought she would cry. She took a moment and said, "I'm so sorry. Victor wouldn't let me tell anyone you weren't his. He made it a condition in the divorce. I couldn't even tell Max." She dropped her head. "Are you getting to know Max?" she asked softly. "You lost so many years with him."

I didn't know how to answer that. The woman who gave birth to me was sitting here, a stranger to me. Telling her anything would be like telling a stranger on the street something intimate about me. I don't feel any closer to her because we resemble each other.

"We've spent some time together after discovering he was my father, but Max was always a good friend to me through the years. Not much has changed, I suppose." Onyx took that moment t jump in my lap, and I stroked his fur.

There was a long silence before she said, "I don't know why I came. I saw that all on the news and just wanted to make sure you were alright. I guess I forgot you're a grown woman now and can take care of yourself. I'm glad I got to see you," she said, standing up. "I'll leave you my contact information, and if you ever feel that you want to get together or just talk, I'm just across town."

She laid a card on the kitchen island and was out the door.

I wondered if I should run after her. Ask her to stay. Ask her more questions about her and Max. Oddly enough, it would have been painful to hear about her relationship with Max, even though I found it arousing when Max talked about it.

I shook my head. "I'm weird, Onyx." He mewed in reply. "But you already knew that, didn't you."

.

.

It was only a short time until the FBI contacted us that the building was cleared and we could return. I had a key and went in early, wondering what I'd find. The offices were amazingly neat, even my father's office. Most of the drawers were empty of paperwork which I expected. The safe door hung open, and I was relieved that Max found my birth certificate before the FBI carried it off.

Larry wandered in, and we stood there and just looked at each other.

"Strange, hmm," he finally said, looking around.

"Very."

"You know it's up to you to run this place," he said.

"I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do," I said, shrugging.

"Max does. Call him." It was as though Larry knew everything, but he couldn't have. Would my father have confided in him, I wondered. But it wasn't significant enough to bring up because it wouldn't have changed a thing.

"I can stay on for a while to help."

"I'd appreciate that, Larry. More than you know."

He turned and walked out, closing the door behind him.

I pulled Victor's big black leather desk chair out and sat down. It felt toxic. The mahogany desk looked like a football field in front of me. I looked around and realized everything was oversized. Intimidating. Just how he liked people. Intimidated.

I found an empty pad of paper and began to make a list.

.

That night with Onyx purring on my lap, I picked up my phone and punched in a number.

"Can you come as soon as you can.... Yes, I'm fine, but I need you."

The following day I met the movers in my new office and pointed at all the furniture. That afternoon I pointed out where I wanted the new office furniture put.

The following morning my door flew open, then slammed closed with the lock clicking.

I looked up and smiled.

"You scared the hell out of me. I thought something was wrong with you," he frowned, leaning over my desk. Then he looked down, then around the office. "You got all new furniture. And it's painted."

I got up, walked around the desk, wrapped my arms around his neck, and said, "Welcome back, baby."

He scooped me into his arms and plopped down on my new leather couch with me on his lap. "I should spank you." I wiggled. "But you'd enjoy it too much, I'm sure." He kissed me. "My bad, bad girl. Fuck how I've missed you. I thought you'd never call."

"You're either packin', or you're happy to see me 'cause there's something hard throbbing against my ass."

"Ava, Ava, Ava, you haven't changed a bit. And I'm damn happy about that," he laughed. "I did lock the door, you know."

"I know, you bad man you, but we can't. Not here. New employees are learning the lay of the land, and there's a new CEO learning the lay of the land. I'm flying blind here, Max." I slid off his lap. "That's why you're here." I had to get away from him because his body was too distracting. I perched on the edge of my desk.

"How does COO sound to you?" I asked.

He placed his arms across the back of the leather couch and man-spread his legs. "It sounds like you're trying to rope me into something," he grinned.

"Not exactly rope. I was thinking more like coax," I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"You keep doing that, and I'll be your lapdog," he growled. I looked down and saw how that position pushed my tits into a deep cleavage. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "I'm interested, yes."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. He laughed at my response.

"What, you thought I'd tell you to go fly?"

"I wasn't sure. Didn't know if you'd want to come out of retirement. Want to leave your swanky lake house. Maybe live with your daughter."

"You're making a damn good case for yourself with the last one." He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees. "No one knows we are father and daughter besides your, umm, stepdad and your mother."

I cringed. "Oh yeah, that reminds me."

"Oh no, do I want to hear this?"

I walked around my desk, sat in my new cushy grey leather desk chair, and tapped my nails on the arm. "I had a visitor." He raised his eyebrows. "My mother."

"Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that one," he said, falling back against the couch. "So I guess Cecelia heard about Victor and decided to look you up." I nodded. "Does she want to work on a relationship with you?"

I crossed my arms on my desk, and both hands tapped. "I think so, but I wasn't interested. She did say I have a stepbrother."

"She remarried. I figured she would." He looked at me for a moment. "Well, it's all up to you, baby. What you're comfortable with."

I stood up, walked around the desk, opened the door, and said, "Want to see your new office?"

They heard his laugh in the outer offices.

.

ONE YEAR LATER

.

​The corporate attorney had told us that in cases involving serious offenses such as regulatory compliance evasion, deceptive marketing, and product quality manipulation, where there may be significant harm or potential danger to the public, it would be possible for the total jail time to be in the range of 25 years or even longer, especially if there are multiple charges and aggravating factors involved.

Because it was a complex case, it took nearly a year from his arrest to sentencing. The other three got much lighter sentences but the same stern warning about endangering people's lives.

And the attorney was correct. That was precisely what Victor got. Twenty-five years imprisonment, with the judge stressing the danger he put the public in by manipulating medical devices.

Max and I ran the company side by side. Fortunately, we retained our clients because they realized Victor had made the decisions. We finally let Larry retire with a generous monetary gift for all his help, which also helped save the corporation.

We legally changed the name to Cross Corporation.

Max and I bought a house with a large yard to mow and for my flowers. Of course, we couldn't legally marry, but we were husband and wife in our eyes.

No one ever discovered that Max was, indeed, my biological father. I never saw my mother again. I decided not to pursue a relationship with her because she would never understand the relationship between Max and me. Even I sometimes am shocked at the turn of events.

In the end, Victor never attempted to contact me. I suspect he knew we found my birth certificate, so the lies were over.

I've never been happier. The corporation is flourishing, and Max, Onyx, and I are the only family we'll ever need.

***