Blood Oath Ch. 03

Story Info
I'ma lumineer now, makin' moves, startin' waves.
2.8k words
4.5
813
3

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/12/2023
Created 03/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

S/O Ken for editing you are the best.

It's been a long day, and all Re-L wanted to do was fall straight into bed and go to sleep. As Re-L climbed in the window, she was startled.

"Where are you sneaking in from?" Mara turned on the light as soon as she entered the room. Mara calmly smiled, waving her hand, and the window closed behind Re-L.

"As an Acolyte, do you think wasting strength is wise?" Re-L sounded angry, but she was smiling.

"I'm not wasting anything, and I think it's necessary to bind the house."

"Umm, I'm proud of you, sis. Your powers are growing. Soon, you'll be a mage, and I won't have to deal with you so much."

"Oh please, you're not proud." Mara rolled her eyes briefly. "Plus, if I were to leave, you would be bored."

"True, the only way to find out is for you to leave."

"I'll leave once you explain where you have been?" Mara huffed.

"Promise?"

"Re-L," Mara raised her voice slightly.

Re-L knew Mara was mad. She would raise her voice in a high-pitched tone. Re-L enjoyed this moment, pissing Mara off Re-L wasn't sure if it was a little sister thing, but she loved it.

"Oh, I was out?"

"Out where?" Mara spoke, trying to control her voice.

"Just out. Must you know everything I do," Re-L spoke, as she removed her heavy coat and shirt. Her jeans followed until she was in her underwear.

"Have not heard the news? Orcs and trolls have been roaming the area."

"And?"

"Re-L!" Mara squeakily came back. "I'm not playing with you. It's dangerous out there."

"Mara, we live in a realm where they exist. So what if they are roaming around? What are those so-called Protectors of the realm doing? Shouldn't they be doing their jobs?"

"They are doing their jobs, but the orc numbers are increasing daily."

"They only care about the minted folks."

"Re-L, those animals are kidnapping women no matter the status."

"If that were true, wouldn't this so-called king have done something?"

Mara shook her head, her eyes looking all droopy and sad. "If you weren't so absorbed in your world, you would hear the news that the king has dispatched some of the royal knights to look for missing young ladies. If it weren't for the king, some girls wouldn't be home."

Re-L lowered her head. "Mara, and I don't care. Leave my room. So I can get some rest."

"Why do you hate them so much?"

"I have my reason."

"Mara, please go, so that I may rest," Re-L huffed.

"Fine, if you don't tell me, give me your hand, Re-L."

"Are we back at this again?"

"You disappear every night. You come back with fresh cuts and bruises. I'm worried."

"Are you worried as my sister, or as my seeker?"

Her words took Mara aback. Did Re-L see that she honestly was concerned for her dear sister? "Of course, as your sister, why would you say that?"

"Then, Mara, as my sister, I suggest you let this one go," Re-L sang coldly. "You may not like the future or the past."

"I will not tell you again. I am your guide; I advise you, not vice versa. Now give me your hand." Mara spoke for a brief second, and her eyes flashed with fierceness.

"I cannot take back what you see. Heed my warning, dear sister," Re-L said, eyebrows gently lifted out of concern.

Mara grabbed Re-L's hand and yanked her up towards her. Re-L stared at her sister, as she watched her beautiful brown skin turn pale as a ghost. Within seconds, Mara grabbed Re-L's neck and tightly squeezed it. Re-L didn't blink, didn't show a glimmer of fear as she watched her sister change before her.

"Let me go, Mara." Re-L's voice was tender but bold.

Mara released Re-L's neck and began to scratch at her neck, while she gasped for air. Her voice was almost inaudible as Mara's hands and wrists began to burn. She could not contain her tears, feeling the intensity of the moment, the harshness of Re-L's energy. Mara's eyes turned white and glossy.

"Someone's at the door." Mara's panicked voice, distorted nearly beyond intelligibility, crackled across the small room. Re-L rubbed her neck as she moved closer to Mara, but her gaze turned toward the pounding of the door.

"Hey! Open up!"

"Coming," Re-L shouted from the back room. When her gaze met Mara again, she was normal. Mara's lips were painted red; they stood out against her lovely brown skin, her eyes were no longer white but a blue color, and there were no scratches on her body. She was Mara again.

"Are you okay?" Re-L asked, holding Mara's hands. Mara nodded slowly and smiled.

"Can you see who's at the door?" Re-L whispered.

"A demon and a muggle."

"Magic knights."

"Yes." Mara bit her lip and leaned into Re-L's side. The pounding got louder as the two sisters stood there.

"Get dressed; I shall open the door." Mara, her voice cracked, and her body shook. She managed to put her gloves back on and left the room.

Re-L watched as her sister walked away from her, looking slightly dazed. Re-L dressed pretty quickly, and she wanted to get rid of their unwanted guest as soon as possible, to ask Mara what caused her to flip out. As Re-L entered the room, a heavy cloud cover brought dark sobriety to the day. Commander Zahir met Re-L's eyes. She felt something skittering and cold move down her spine, as the two stared at each other. Dylan Zahir, Re-L whispered his name in her head. He was tall and regal, with midnight-black hair cascading over his shoulders. He possessed a rugged charm that complemented the magic knights. Re-L swallowed hard and smiled.

"Good evening, Commander Zahir. What brings you to the House of Kells."

Before Re-L could sit down, the commander had fazed in front of her eyes. "I told you before, call me Dylan."

"We are not that close for a mere commoner to say that, my lord." Re-L smiled as she took a step back.

"We are close; you choose to ignore me, my lady." Dylan moved closer to Re-L, who always hated the look in his eye. Dylan Zahir's House Devour, a house of demons and muggles who practice dark magic, was the empire's third most potent loyalists to the kingdom, following the royal family as one of the premier duke's houses.

"Forgive me, why, lord," Re-L said, as she bowed a little.

"Please don't do that, Re-L." Dylan reached for Re-L, but he froze when her intense violet eyes stopped him from touching her. Dylan cleared his throat nervously. "Forgive me, my lady."

He pulled the chair out for Re-L to have a seat. Once Re-L sat in the chair, Mara quickly grabbed Re-L's hand under the table.

"Ladies, as you know, the trolls' activity has increased in the eastern and northern parts of the district, and we wanted to check the local houses to make sure all household members were safe."

"As you can see, all members are accounted for. You may leave," Re-L spoke. Her words sounded defensive, even defiant, as she sat before the Imperial knights.

Dylan narrowed his eyes and stared at Re-L. Dylan shuffled and smiled in his seat. His gaze was cold, and it did not take her by surprise. She knew what type of Cambion she was dealing with. Dylan was near-demonic Cambion, and he only had a minor amount of mortal blood because of his mother.

"Of course, the house of fallen traitors would not need help," grunted one of the knights, who stood behind Dylan. His goofy grin dissolved into a glower, and Dylan's eyes turned cold as ice as he sat at the table.

"Sir Galahad, I suggest you never disrespect the lady of this household in my presence again." Without warning, Dylan twisted his head. He had changed the garishly painted mask that he had on, as he stared at Sir Galahad.

"Plea--"

Sir Galahad was cut off in mid-sentence. He was floating in the air. As Sir Galahad was flailing about, he couldn't breathe. He was choking. Spinning his body violently, he crashed to the floor, twisting his head, and opened his mouth in a silent scream.

"Sir Zahir, please, the soldier made an error and spoke harshly. But I don't think his life is worth such an error," Mara spoke softly.

It was the first time that Re-L and Mara saw an Imperial knight crying. The knight looked disturbed and rabbity. Mara looked scared, which set Re-L off even more, but Re-L couldn't look distraught. Instead, she looked kind of like a robot.

"As you wish, my lady." Dylan shrugged his shoulders. Sir Galahad's unprepared body hit the floor like an embarrassing ugly sack of potatoes. A few of the knight's aides rushed to his side, and escorted him from the house. Dylan's diffident expression made his desperation especially painful, and his increasingly strange behavior was more unsettling by his generally calm demeanor. Both sisters knew that Dylan was dangerous.

"I'm truly sorry. I accidentally let you see my unsightly appearance," Dylan spoke, as he grabbed Re-L's hand and pressed it to his lips. Dylan's smile eroded into a heavy sigh, as he released Re-L's hand. "I must bid you both a farewell; I must see to my soldier and the other citizens in the area. If you ladies would excuse me."

Mara and Re-L both curtsy as Dylan left their house. Mara rushed over to the window and watched as the men got on their horses and rode off.

"The trolls have gotten worse, and still they do nothing," Re-L huffed in disgust, as she walked toward her room.

"What did you expect them to do, Re-L? At least they are warning the minted and the skint people. Everyone is being warned no matter their status."

"Well, while they warn the people, I'll keep the street safe."

"Re-L, what can you do?"

"I can fight."

"Oh please, just because you won that championship fighting festival last year, doesn't mean you can take on trolls."

"Push off, Mara. I don't have time for someone who doesn't believe me."

"Re-L, all I'm saying is I am scared for yah." Mara could see Re-L mulling over her thoughts. Mara pulled Re-L into an embrace, hoping the hug would soothe Re-L's misunderstanding that she didn't believe in her little sister, but Mara couldn't see Re-L's future. How was she supposed to protect her from the unknown?

"Please don't try and baby me after that. Save it, and I don't need it." In little more than an instant, Re-L pulled away from the hug and looked Mara in the eyes. "I'm going to bed; tonight was a dreadful night, and I wish for sleep. Goodnight."

The two sisters parted ways that evening with anger simmering in Re-L's heart. Re-L lay in her bed, tossing and turning, unable to find solace in sleep. Her room was filled with the faint glow of moonlight seeping through her curtains, casting eerie shadows that seemed to mirror her inner turmoil. Unable to bear the oppressive silence of her room, Re-L decided to escape the confines of her restless thoughts. She slipped out of bed, her bare feet brushing against the cool, wooden floor. The full moon held an invitation, and she couldn't resist its call.

Quietly, she opened her wardrobe and pulled out a black cloak, a garment she had often used to disguise herself in dark areas of large crowds. It felt like a second skin as she wrapped herself in its comforting embrace. Under the cloak of the velvety night, Re-L snuck out of her house. She donned a dark, hooded cloak to blend into the shadows and made her way toward the distant glow of lanterns and distant melodies. It was the Nightstar Festival, a magical event that happened only once every three weeks, celebrating the celestial wonders that graced the night sky.

As she ventured deeper into the festival grounds, Re-L felt the cool breeze caress her cheeks, carrying with it the distant laughter and music. As she ventured deeper into the festival grounds, she felt something guiding her steps like an invisible thread of fate. This year's festival promised to be more captivating than ever, and Re-L couldn't resist the allure of music, magic, and the adults dancing under the shimmering moonlight.

Amidst the bustling festival, a mysterious glowing light flickered into existence, seemingly unnoticed by the jubilant crowd. To Re-L, however, it was an irresistible beacon of enchantment. As the light drew nearer, it transformed into an exquisite fairy, revealing her delicate form and radiant wings, each flutter imbued with an otherworldly grace.

The fairy, invisible to all but Re-L, floated just inches from Re-L's face, her presence a secret shared only between them. With a tender smile, the fairy extended a dainty hand towards Re-L, inviting a silent connection. Re-L's eyes widened with wonder as her hand reached out to touch the fairy's outstretched hand, feeling the incredible, tingling magic that emanated from it. As she danced with the one fairy, another radiant light drew closer; it took on the form of a distressed fairy, her luminous presence whispering in Re-L's ear.

"Help me, please." With wings like spun moonlight, the fairy hovered anxiously before Re-L. Her voice, though unheard by anyone else, conveyed urgency and sorrow. Re-L sensed the fairy's plea and, without hesitation, followed her through the maze of festival-goers, drawn into a hidden world only they could perceive. Beyond the revelry, they entered a secret grove, bathed in the soft glow of bioluminescent flora, where other fairies were held captive by shadowy trolls. These malevolent beings kidnapped the fairies, trapping them in shimmering orbs that drained their magic.

As Re-L watched the terrifying scene -- two more grotesque trolls appeared, their mottled skin glistening with malevolence, terrorizing a helpless creature. Without a second thought, Re-L leaped into action, her cloak billowing around her like the wings of a dark angel. She wielded a concealed dagger, her courage shining brighter than the stars above.

"You guys picked a bad day to do evil shit in my land."

Re-L lunged at the trolls, her determination burning brighter than the moon overhead. Despite her courage, the trolls were formidable opponents; both trolls were relentless, and Re-L found herself facing imminent danger. Just as one of the trolls raised a menacing club to strike her down, a blur of movement interrupted their deadly dance.

Gideon's vampiric powers are heightened by urgency and determination. Gideon lunged at the trolls with a speed and strength that could only be attributed to the undead, his blade flashing like a shooting star. Gideon was accompanied by his loyal guard, Seraphine, who followed behind shortly. Together with Seraphine, they battled the trolls, fending off their monstrous attacks.

Without hesitation, Gideon unleashed his formidable powers, unleashing a storm of dark magic that engulfed the trolls in an inky shroud. As the last troll crumbled, a flicker of pain crossed Re-L's face. Her anguished cry pierced Gideon's heart. Gideon's keen eyes caught sight of a wicked blade protruding from her side. Time seemed to freeze as his heart clenched in anguish.

In an instant, Lucius scooped her delicate form into his arms, cradling her close. Re-L's vision blurred as she looked into the eyes of the vampire who had come to her rescue. Her eyes searched his for an explanation.

"Don't touch me!" Re-L shrieked, before she lost consciousness. Gideon whispered soothing words into her ear, his ancient powers flowing into her wounded body. He carried her to safety, his love and concern shining in his eyes. With each step, the prince's determination to save her grew.

"Alistair."

"Yes, my lord." Alistair emerged from the obscurity of the shadows. This individual stepped into the limelight with an air of mystery shrouding their every move. His silhouette, initially barely discernible, gradually solidified as they advanced towards Gideon.

"I need a portal back to the castle."

Alistair raised his hand, fingers outstretched, and intoned a cryptic incantation. The shadows that once concealed them, obeyed, swirling around their feet in an eerie dance. With a sudden surge of power, the shadows coalesced into a swirling vortex, forming a portal to the castle, a tear in the fabric of reality itself. Having summoned the teleportation portal, a curiosity born of both valor and intrigue stirred within him. His gaze fell upon the lady in the King's hand, a figure veiled in mystery and delicacy, and a thousand questions swirled within his mind. However, Gideon's stern command echoed in his thoughts, a reminder of his duty to obey without question. With a resolute nod, Alistair refrained from voicing his inquiries, though his eyes betrayed a lingering fascination and an unspoken desire to unravel the enigma that surrounded this lady. Silently, he stepped into the portal, but the aura of intrigue lingered, for even the most loyal of people could not help but wonder.