Bodie and Karma Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here


Everything was great, except the traffic of course. We'd found a decent place to rent in Virginia and my commute was bearable. I was on an OSI standard one-year probationary period and loving my challenging work. Karma found a job teaching art at a private school and scored a much better salary than we expected. I'll never forget the look of pride when she showed me her first pay stub.

We got involved with the local community, volunteering at various youth events. After the first time Karma set up her sketching station at a base family day, they asked for her by name. We had my mother down for a visit after we settled in, and she wasn't subtle about wanting grandchildren.

That ended up being the one area of frustration. After six months, despite many, many, pleasurable attempts, Karma hadn't gotten pregnant. I was tested and found to be fertile, and they didn't detect any issues with her either. The doctor advised us to keep practicing. He was sure it would happen any time.


I've had a long day. We wrapped up investigating a lead on a deserter. Hard to believe that kind of thing still happens. At least I had a chance to text Karma and let her know I'd be home late.

"Honey! I'm home!"

I smile as I say it. It's a little bit of a joke between us. Kind of a little 'traditional family' thing.

As I walk in, I see her at the kitchen table. Uh oh. Something's off. She looks...nervous, I guess. I immediately set down my bag and walk over.

"Is everything okay Babe?"

She just looks like she's going to be sick, but whether it's fear, guilt, or excitement, I can't tell. But it seems like I'm seeing all of them flit across her face.

"Please sit down, Bodie."

"Okay."

I sit and watch as she brings her hands up to her face. I try to calm her.

"Hey, it's all right. You've obviously got something bottled up. Tell me Karma, we always talk."

She took a deep breath and looked me in the eye. Then she held out her hands across the table in invitation. I promptly took them in my own. It seemed to relax her.

"Bodie, I have a daughter."

To be continued...