Book 01: Day and Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Queen smiled. "That's not how it works here. The King and Queen aren't a married couple. Their partners rule as Prince and Princess beside them. The King and Princess had a daughter who is training to be the next Queen when I retire, so when I step down, Dea'kar will step up as King and the Princess will step up as Queen."

She looked up listening to what the Queen had to say and nodded a little as the Queen continued, "The Princess is married to a wolf so this wont be the first interrace marriage on the throne. My mother was a blood elf, so it just means the children will have to work twice as hard for respect of the people when it is their time to rule."

The Queen touched Maya's cheek. "I'm not sure what your seer said to you when she started you on this journey, but you are the key to bring the dark elves and wood elves together if they accept this union. So that is why we are going to have the wedding so everyone knows when you travel it is under my protection and nothing will happen to you on my land."

Maya nodded slowly taking all of the information in. then shot a deadly look at Kay'n and looked back to the Queen as she stood up. "I'm sure you two have a lot to sort out. I'll ask the Priestess to come and sort out the arrangements." She went around and took her grandchild from Kay'n and left the two of them alone.

* * * * *

That night, there was a lot of yelling to why he didn't tell her. It went on for hours til the yelling stopped and moaning filled the room.

It was two weeks after that night when they had their wedding and Nasrin's naming day. All of their friends were there to celebrate their union and the birth of their child.

The three of them were marked by being royalty now that the wedding had taken place. And new training for her with what she needed to know about being a future leader of the dark elves began.

Over the third year, Kay'n had taught Maya ways to escape being followed, the tricks that he didn't even teach the guards. She quickly caught on along with adding a few of her own tricks into the equation which made Kay'n prouder each day with how she was handling things.

But her dreams were restless, even after being worn out from training and exciting nights when Kay'n brought something new into the bedroom. She felt a need to return home.

* * * * *

"You canft be serious going home now Maya, I donft want you to leave, I forbid it,h Kayfn said sternly to her, folding his arms and turning his back on her as she packed.

She shook her head. "I've asked your mother to take care of Nasrin and I've told her like I'm telling you now, I have no choice, I have to go back. I'm being called. I'll be back within a few days alright."

Letting a growl out. gNo, I wonft let you go. Itfs as simple as that.h

Lacing her backpack up and smiled over to him. "Kay'n you act just the same as Nasrin when she doesn't get her way. At least we know who she gets her temper off of."

He turned quickly and was about to say something but saw the look she was giving him and sighed. "I just don't want you to go. It's not safe out there. I want you to come back to me but I'm not sure if they will let you return."

Slipping her bag on as she walked over to him. "My love, there is no way they can stop me from leaving. Remember, I'm still in the four year letter from the King. No one would go against him and he would never go against what my grandmother saw for the future. So things have to be played out, and right now, I feel I have to do this so everything is showing fully of what is going to happen," then she kissed his lips.

He nodded a little. "But ..." then was stopped when she kissed him again, he lent back and looked deep into her pale brown eyes. "Just be careful and use what you've been taught with us alright. I'll have a squad waiting for you at the border just in case there's trouble."

Shaking her head lightly and looked at the door when there was several quick knocks. "Enter," Kay'n said and the door swung open.

"Sir.h The guard bowed. gTheyfve done it again.h He was breathing hard but getting the words out quickly before he took another breath.

Maya was confused. "What's happened?" She watched as Kay'n slipped in his leathers. "What is going on?"

Kay'n wouldn't answer her and she shot the guard a deadly look. The guard looked over to Kay'n and saw a slight nod before looking back to Maya. "An outer village was attacked by the wood elven army, my lady."

Shaking her head a little and quickly collected her bow, quiver and daggers. "After I see what my people did, then I'll go back and tell the King what I really think of this." And headed towards the door.

Kay'n looked around just as she left the room, yelling out, "Maya, stop.. You can't go there." He was hopping out the door slipping a boot on.

Holding up her hand as she headed down the steps. "My people attacked yours so I have a right to see what damage and help if there are injured. So don't try Kay'n. I will go with or without your permission."

The guard looked worried as he closed the Princes room and quickly caught up to him. "Sir, when I said they did it again, I mean exactly like last time."

If Kay'n was able to go pale, he would of at that moment. "Shit ..." And raced to catch up to Maya.

* * * * *

It took two hours of hard riding to get to the outer village. Before they even got there, Maya could smell the scent of death on the wind which made her slow down a little. She took a deep breath before kicking the horse gently to go into the village. There were bodies scattered around the village, she felt her heart pounding. For the first time, she felt angry for being the race she was.

At each body she passed, there was no weapon near them. They were old men and women. No young men that would of fought which made her look at the guard beside her. "Where are the men? The warriors?"

The guard shook his head. "None my lady, this village was relocated from the other side of our land. We thought being closer to the dwarves border would be safe for them. Their men were killed in the last attack. It was only elderly, women and.. Children ..."

She looked around and couldn't see any of the children he spoke about. She started to look around to see where her husband had gone to and saw his horse at the bottom of a small hill behind the village and headed in that direction.

When the guard realized where she was heading. "My lady, please don't go there," but it was to late.

She had quickened the horse and dismounted before he reached her as she saw the cavern which had the signs of being made by the dwarves and entered it. The smell of blood was strong and she covered her nose then saw Kayfn ahead of her and was just about to go over to him but stopped where she stood.

She saw the children laying on the ground with deep pool of blood surround their bodies. She couldn't help but let the tears run down her cheeks when the guard got to her. "My lady, please come outside. You don't need to see this ..."

She nodded and started to turn to go back outside but stopped again and stared at the wall. Shock covered her features. "No ..." She started to shake her head as she backed up towards the rock wall.

Kay'n realized she had followed him in and quickly went over to her and looked at her. "Wait for me outside, I didn't want you to see this." He looked at her face and over to where she was looking. "Do you know that sign?"

Tears ran more freely down her cheeks as she stared at the burn mark on the wall with a double circle and a sharp G in the centre with different emblems between the inner and outer circle. "Yes I do know what they mean and who it belongs to ... But it can't be right ..."

Kay'n grabbed her by the shoulders and made her look at him. "Who?" he asked firmly.

She looked into his eyes then back over to the mark. "My Uncle." When he heard the demon was related to her, he released her shoulders and she slid down to the floor. "When he was promoted, he got them to enchant his sword so everyone who passed the area would know he was there ..."

Her husband started to pace back and forth in front of her. "Which Uncle may I ask, so I know next time I see him to kill him for what he did to my people."

Whispering, "General Grl'ani." She stood up and walked over to the wall to read the emblems. "Oh no ..."

The guard looked over to her. "What's wrong, my lady?" He was curious himself to what the emblems meant but no dark elf was able to touch the symbols without being hurt. The last one who touched the markings ended up with deep burns on their palms so everyone learnt not to touch it.

"These draw in emotions of the races around which tells the owner of it who was here. So hefll know that Ifm with you.h Maya said which made Kayfn spin around and face her.

He started to shake his head. "There's no way now that I'll let you leave our lands."

She started to pace around before heading outside towards the horses and Kay'n quickly followed her out, before he could ask, she said, "I need to speak to the Queen and Seer. I think I have a plan to draw him out."

He growled at her as she mounted and he followed suit. He looked at the guard that had brought the message. "Give them all a good burial, we will mourn their loss. I will report to the Queen."

The guard nodded as he started to yell out orders and Kayfn started his way to catch up to Maya.

* * * * *

Maya had pushed the horse hard as she dismounted and headed into the palace and towards the Queens chambers. The Seer had already predicted Maya's arrival and the door was open as she headed straight in to the women. Maya bowed to the women and a moment later Kay'n walked in. "My children, Seer felt you wanted to see us. Maya, what is wrong?"

Maya had to pace around and the Queen knew from past times, the wood elf was tense so let her sort her thoughts out before she spoke. After a few minutes and Kay'n had gotten drinks for the Queen and Seer, Maya finally spoke, "It's my Uncle, General Grl'ani, who made those attacks, it was his mark that was with ..." She paused for a moment remembering the scene. "With the children.." in nearly a whisper.

The Queen was a little shocked. "I am sorry Maya, I know you thought highly of the man that raised you after your father died."

Nodding a little, but it was clear that Maya wasn't really listening. "What if it's him who is the cause of peace coming between our people?"

Kay'n looked at her. "What are you saying, I doubt he wants peace after slaughtering that village."

She held up her hand and waved a little, she knew her Uncle wouldn't but was thinking along another train of thought. "I didn't mean it that way. Seer, how much longer is it til you've predicted peace?"

Seer spoke, "It is still at least six months away my lady."

Maya stopped pacing. "With the past, it usually takes a few months for treaties to be set up, so it's closer than we expect." Neither of them thought of that and nodded as she continued, "My grandmother predicted something major is to happen, so have you Seer." She started to pace again. "When we first spoke about it, you said that something happens, do you know where that location is?"

The two older women looked at each other before Seer spoke, "It was the main blood elf city, what is it that you are thinking, Maya?"

The wood elf nodded. "Did you see anyone else in your vision other than Kay'n and myself?"

She shook her head. "No, just you and he," Seer answered.

Nodding again as she began pacing again. "Alright, Kay'n I want you to bring Nasrin to the blood elf village. It will happen when I return to you. I'll be there in a weeks time, make sure the guards aren't seen until the wood elves make their move."

Kay'n was seeing what she was thinking and loudly said, "No, I can't have you using yourself as bait like this Maya."

Maya looked over to him. "To save the people it has to be done. I'll speak to my grandmother and the King about what I have seen and they will be just behind the General's men." She held up her hand when she saw Kay'n was about to speak. "I know the King well enough to know he would be sickened to hear children were raped and killed, along with the women and elders. His rule of war is that only the warriors die, unarmed are the innocent and not to be touched."

He looked down in defeat, he knew this day was coming that something would happen but he never expected this. He just sighed but knew what she was saying was right except for what the King thought, but from past battles where the King was there, no one who didn't have a weapon was touched and were left alone. He looked up to the high ceilings and sighed. "Nothing I can say will change your mind will it."

She walked over to him and touched his cheek softly. "Nothing, and my Uncle knows that I was there. He wouldn't expect me to show up in the city so he wouldn't be looking out for me, let alone do anything against me when I'm there. And with your training, I'll be hard to track when I get back into the forest."

The Queen walked over to her. "We will have scouts watch you so you'll have eyes on you through out the journey."

Maya smiled to the Queen and nodded. "I'll see you in a week's time," then looked to Kay'n and slipped her arms around him before giving him a soft kiss. "I love you and I'll see you soon."

He nodded and kissed her back. He left his arms at his side knowing if he hugged her, he wouldn't let her go. "I love you too, see you in a week." then kissed her again.

She pulled back from the kiss and quickly moved out of the chambers and left to the city to return home, even though the wood elf city wasn't home any more. She had to return.

* * * * *

It took her two days hard riding to get to the wolven village, she decided to rest there and get her thoughts together and relax from what the trip home would be like. The wolves welcomed her with open arms. As soon as she got there, she went to see how Kaisa was doing with the pups and smiled seeing how big they had grown, already shifting from human to wolf.

The Elder called her into her home after she left Kaisa. "So my dear, do you really think it is a wise idea to return home?"

As Maya poured tea for them she nodded. "It has to be done Elder, my journey is going to end in a few days and peace will be through all races."

Nodding the Elder said, "Then I want to see you protected. I will ask two of our wolves to go with you for added protection."

Maya shook her head. "I'll be alright, I don't need it."

The Elder arched her brow. "Do you have any idea what Kay'n would say if we didn't offer you protection? All it will look like is that friends deciding to see what your city is like."

She knew there was no changing the wolfs mind and finally agreed. "Alright, just let them know we'll be leaving after having something to eat."

The Elder nodded at that and they finished their drinks off before Maya headed towards the guest house.

* * * * *

Leaving her horse with the wolves, the escorts were waiting for her at the gates. She gave Kaisa a hug goodbye and promised to return soon and she headed out the gates with the wolves. The wolves were young men, they had told her they had wanted to go to the wood elf city for a long time but never had a chance to go til now. So both were excited even though they both knew what they were there for.

The walk had taken four hours to get to the outside of the city, she had decided to make it look like what she always did and picked herbs along the way. As soon as they entered the city, she saw the General staring at her but didn't make a move towards her, but as soon as her Aunt saw her, she yelled out. "Maya!" And ran over to her, giving her a hug. "Welcome home darling."

Maya hugged her Aunt. "It's good to be home," Moving back a little, "These two decided they wanted to see the city so came along with me," motioning to each as she said their name. "This is Nikani and Moronie.. Guys, this is my Aunt."

Both the men nodded to her but stayed silent as they looked around amazed at the size of it and how the buildings blended into the forest.

Smiling at how the wolves were acting, she nudged them. "Come on, I'll show you around. I'll catch up with you later, Aunty." Knowing she wouldn't do it intentionally.

Her Aunt smiled. "I'll keep you to that."

Then Maya and the wolves headed towards the palace. She could feel the Generals eyes on her as she walked away from them and towards the palace.

As soon as they got there, she told the wolves to go and look around, she'd meet them back at the foot of the steps tomorrow and gave them directions to her home and to make themselves at home before going inside and the wolves shifted and darted off.

As soon as she entered the palace, she was welcomed back and she nodded to the ones who greeted her as she headed towards her grandmothers chambers. Her grandmothers assistant welcomed her at the doors and ushered her inside straight away.

The assistant closed the door behind Maya and she went straight over to hug her grandmother. "Grandmother, we need to meet with the King straight away. I know what has to be done. I know what begins it."

Her grandmother hugged her and rang the bell, her assistant returned. "Ask the King to visit me please." The assistant nodded and left them again and looked at her granddaughter. "What is it, is it bad?"

Maya nodded. "Really bad, but I had to come here to set the path." She walked over and poured two cups of tea and took them over to her grandmother and gave her one as she sat down close to her.

The wood elf seer looked clearly upset with how her granddaughter spoke and acted, and looked over to the door and said, "Enter," before there was a knock but the door opened and the King entered, bowing to both of the women.

"You called for me, my lady?h And smiled seeing Maya. gOh, it is good to see you return niece.h

"It is good to see you as well my King, but I return with grave news,h Maya said.

He King smiled until she said the reason of her return. "What happened, what have you seen on your travels?"

Maya stood and started to pace. "Before I begin, I should tell you now before you get a surprise of what is going on in a few days time after I leave. I'm married now with a daughter," both of them smiled and said congratulations but she held up her hand. "My husband is a dark elf, the man you saw in your visions, grandmother." Her grandmother smiled and nodded.

The King smiled hearing his favourite niece had married and with a daughter but surprised to hear it was to a dark elf and just nodded.

She sighed when she saw the King's expression of her husband and smiled a little. "But that's not to why I'm here. There was a raid on one of their villages near the dwarves border from our army, and there was murders inside the dwarves land of the dark elves.."

The King stood up and shook his head. "I ordered no raid ..." and was going to continue on when Maya interrupted.

"I know Sire, that is why Ifve come here. It was the General who did the raid. That enchantment that he got the sages to put on his sword, that mark was in a cavern on the dwarves land, children were raped and murdered. The people of the village were only women, children and elderly.h

The King was clearly annoyed hearing the information she was telling him, shaking his head lightly. "You have to be mistaken, he wouldn't do that. It has to be someone setting him up."

Maya nodded. "I thought that as well. So if you may, amuse me by doing something for me? There was wood elf magic used in the village, I could feel it. I'll wander around the city to make sure people see me and once I leave, I'd like you and your trusted soldiers that aren't linked with the General and to meet me at the outskirts of the blood elf city. That is where I plan to meet my husband. If who ever is setting you up, they will try to get rid of me because they know what I have seen."

1...345678