Book 02: A Match Made Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, thank you Destiny. I... you just don't know what you've done for me. I can't explain it. All of the pieces fell together at once. I know who I am and the best thing is..." I lean away to look at her, "I know who I'm not." We smile and embrace again. Happiness surrounds us, filling us. I let go suddenly and stand, looking around for the phone.

"Kara, what is it?" Concern fills her voice. I'm such a blonde! I look over and say, "Nothing and everything!" She laughs. I continue, "I want to call Lissy. I need to hear her voice and tell her I..." My voice trails off as I dial. It rings twice.

"Hi lover."

"Lissy Stone, I love you!!"

She laughs. "I love you too!"

"I'm going to be okay, we're going to be okay!" I can barely hold in the excitement; my voice is shaking. "I was feeling that there was evil in me. That Alexis and Veronica had somehow tapped into the real me." I pause briefly.

"You are..." I stop her.

"No wait, please let me finish."

"Okay, tell me honey."

"But that's not me. It was just my reaction to the terrible things they did to me, to us. I was strung out on drugs, and worse, I was afraid I'd never see you again. That you didn't love me anymore." I can tell she wants to interrupt me but stops herself as I try and focus. I need to get this out. "The other night when I hit you... oh Lissy, I'll never be sorry enough for it, but I never told you why. She, Alexis, spoke to me. I could really hear her. I thought she was trying to deceive me the way Veronica did. When I was, well I thought I was striking her. I wanted her away from me; I hate her, Lissy." My happiness had turned somber. This isn't why I called. "Lissy, if you'll forgive me, I'll spend every day for the rest of our lives showing you how much I love you. I'm back baby, really back. That other me, she's gone."

Lissy waits a few moments to make sure I'm finished. When she speaks, her voice is cracking as she says, "Kara, words can't describe how... happy I am for you, that you've found your way back... to me. Yes, of course I forgive you." The pauses and her deep sigh tells me she's pleased she was able to hold it together.

I start to laugh. "I'm a goof for calling you at work again, huh?"

"My goof!" I shiver head to toe. Her goof. I love this woman with everything I am.

"Yes I am. Lissy, I love you baby." The damn tears are back, good ones.

"I love you too. Home soon, okay?"

"Mm hmm. I can't wait. Bye." I hang up the phone and find Destiny watching me, crying. I knew why. You probably wouldn't be human if you could listen to me pour my heart out and not cry.

I smile and say, "So, are you hungry?" Yes, the laughing starts and keeps going off and on as we feast on Destiny's 'picnic'. Her grin says how proud she is of herself, mine says thank you.

** Lissy **

I had planned on going to the health club after work shut down. I did, but like most everything else on Christmas Eve they had early hours today. I wanted to give Kara and Destiny as much time as possible so I asked at the desk.

"Do I have time for at least one rotation on the machines and a shower?" The young man's name was Mark.

"Yeah I think you're good there. I'm not sure you'll have time for a shower though." I smiled and thanked him.

I did. I dried my hair with a towel around me and thought about my honey. I was excited by her call and what she told me. Telling me she loves me proves she's blonde. I mean really! The part about Alexis made sense to me even if I didn't completely understand it. She sounded relaxed and enthused. If it was the breakthrough she said it was it would be a big step forward but it was hardly the end. I didn't think that Kara would be able to avoid going through therapy, though I know I'm hardly qualified to make that call.

I stopped at the grocery store and bought some bacon (stop laughing!) and potato chips. Okay, okay, go ahead and laugh. I bought some dip for the chips, soda and wine too. And shrimp and shrimp cocktail. There was more but that's all I'm going to tell you. I didn't care for your attitude when I mentioned the other stuff.

I got the car washed and put gas in it. That was all I could do to waste time before heading home. Destiny's car was still in the driveway; I half expected she'd have headed home to be with her honey. I hustled inside with the groceries to find the two of them giggling like teenagers at the kitchen table. There was quite a spread of food -- well, what was left of it.

"What are you two crazy kids giggling about?" I asked after I kissed my honey.

"I was telling Destiny about Lincoln Park Zoo and the fun we had in the monkey house." Destiny started laughing again.

"Did you mention that you weren't wearing panties and why?" Kara blushed; Destiny, her mouth open, stared.

"No! And you better keep it shut about it all."

"Or?"

Destiny giggled. "Are you two always like this?"

"Yes." We both said it at the same time. She laughed again.

"My little sis did some great work today, Lissy." Little sis? What the hell is that about? "She's done real well both days. It's a great start." I saw Kara, who had been watching me, frown. Thank you, Destiny.

Blondie explained, saying, "Our birthdays aren't that far apart. Destiny's is December 9, 1973." Ah!

"We're almost Irish twins." I laughed. "What about this no panties thing didn't you want Lissy to tell me, sis?" Kara cut her eyes at me.

"Just never you mind! Sis!" She spat the final word.

Destiny giggled, stood, and said, "I have this delicious little woman I have to hurry home to. Since we're coming here tomorrow we've adjusted our plans." Adjusted! I like it; very Shade-like. "We're having the girls over for dinner and we'll do presents afterward. They both have clothes at the condo so we can take our time tomorrow before leaving."

I chimed in, saying, "Any time after 3 would be wonderful, Destiny." I took a few steps, kissed and hugged the delightful woman who was about my height. "Thank you so much for generously giving your time and effort to my honey."

"It's what sisters do for each other." I rolled my eyes; Kara giggled.

"No eye rolling allowed, baby. It's really great having someone like Destiny to call a friend. Making friends has never been my strong suit." She'd said that to me a few times in the past. I never could understand why.

"That's great, honey, I'm really happy that the two of you hit if off so fabulously." I had a thought and smirked. "Andi is going to have an eye opening Christmas, that's for sure." We all laughed.

"Are you going to call your son and give him a heads up?" No way!

"I think it will be more fun to surprise her, don't you?" Sister eyed sister. That giggling thing happened again. Geez!

"Uh huh." She looked at Destiny. "I'll call you when we find out what time they'll be here so you can be sure to here before they do." Oh for god's sake. The two of them did some weird, ornate thing with their hands that ended with their fingers wiggling as their hands fell. They both said, "Boo ya!" It was very, very odd and I laughed.

***

We hugged ourselves in the garage as Destiny warmed up the car for a bit before she backed into the street. We waved our goodbyes; she honked the horn in two short beeps. Kara scurried into the house. I pushed the garage door button and headed in behind her.

Blondie danced a jig to warm herself. We kissed. Uh oh!

The blues danced as she said, "Race ya!" I won. I cheated and elbowed her on the stairs. She won't mind; she loves me.

** Christmas **

I was awakened by my phone. I groaned, stumbled my way to the desk where my purse was, and looked. Jenna! Sigh.

"Hi honey; Merry Christmas; did Ella enjoy her presents?" I heard a sigh and what I thought was sniffling.

"Ian's not home, Mom. There was an ice storm and some bad accidents I guess. He got called in to help. I'm here with the baby. I hate this. I miss you." All the joy went out of my body in an instant. Jenna's not one to complain much so this had to be something out of the ordinary.

"I'm sorry, honey. It's pretty miserable that he had to go in on a day like this. I suppose it's the downside of a specialty like his that something like an accident can trigger... what is it? Triage? Anyway, how are you and how's the baby?"

"We're all fine, Mom, it's just not a very Merry Christmas. The baby doesn't know what's going on; she's playing with the paper and a few of the toys and making baby noises as she wanders around the living room." What?

"She's walking? You brat; you didn't tell your Mother that her granddaughter is walking??" More silence.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I'm not happy up here. This isn't the most welcoming of towns. We're considered outsiders. Ella is too young yet for me to meet some of the other moms at school and the like. When our neighbors found out Ian is a doctor and we're out of state... well, let's just say it's chilly and it's not just that it's winter." I shook my head. "Are you still coming now that you and Kara are back together?" She asked the question just as my blonde kissed me on my neck.

"I have to be honest and say I'm not sure, sweetie." I turned my head and gave my girl a kiss. Her hand scraped down my front as she leered at me. I stuck my tongue out; she rolled her eyes and headed to the bathroom.

"I promise I'll let you know before Friday, Jenna. I want to come see all of you too. This phone call... let's just say it will weigh heavily on me." I shrugged. "Things have been moving rather quickly in the last week or so. I hope you can give me a wee bit of slack -- though I understand that your situation has made my visit more important." I hesitated for a moment before I asked what was lurking.

"Honey, is everything okay with the two of you?"

"Mom! Yes! Geez; if you're coming here with an attitude, then just don't okay?" The outburst startled me.

"I didn't mean to offend, Jenna," I said rather sheepishly, "I was... oh, I don't know. Your call came early and maybe I'm making too much out of a whole lot of nothing." Trying to make it better I said, "Did I say Merry Christmas?"

My gorgeous daughter laughed and said, "Yes, Mother, you did. It's okay. I just wanted him here for our first Christmas."

I told my tears to take a hike, nodded, and said, "I completely understand, Jenna Ann. Can you put Ella on the phone?"

I heard her voice say, 'Ella, Grammy wants to say hello' and the squeals. 'Gamma, gamma' followed by the most delightful baby talk you'd ever want to hear from my precious baby girl!! You know I cried!!

I was still sniffling when Jenna came back on the line. "Merry Christmas, Mom. I hope you all have fun today, even the brat. What are you doing anyway?" I told her -- she was hysterical laughing.

"So you're going to have not two, but four, lesbian couples in your home with my brother and his idiot wife. Oh my god I wish I was there." She started laughing when she finished talking.

"Hey, give the woman a break. She was pretty nice at Thanksgiving. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt about today." I giggled. "But I admit it will be interesting to see how she reacts to it all."

"How is Kara, Mom?" I had to stop and think about exactly how I wanted to answer.

"I guess the most honest answer is -- up and down." I looked over my shoulder at blondie, who, having come out of the bathroom, nodded her approval and gave me a thumbs up. I blew her a kiss. "Hold on a moment please."

"Sure."

"Would you please make some coffee? I don't think we'll be too much longer." Kara nodded and headed downstairs. "Thanks, Kara." I laughed. I said that to Jenna and called her Kara; she laughed.

"You're welcome, Rachel." It was my turn to laugh.

"Yeah okay, I deserved that, ya brat." She laughed. "Oh Jenna honey, I'm so glad to hear you laugh. You sounded so down when you..."

"Hold on, Mom; Ian is calling." She clicked off; my heart pounded in my chest as I hoped everything was okay. She came back a short time later. "Okay, he said he should be home by noon so the day's not completely shot." I said a short, silent prayer of thanks. "I'll let you go, Mom. Thanks for the love. Let me know what's going on, okay?" I nodded.

"Merry Christmas, honey. I hope you all have a great day together after Ian gets home. Give him a kiss from me please."

I closed the phone after we said our goodbyes, shook my head, and wondered how those in the military and others who serve, like Ian, deal with the holidays.

***

The girls showed up around 10:30. My two year old blonde (no, the other one!) pouted when I told her we'd have brunch before we opened presents. Her honey laughed at the petulant display.

"Don't worry, Mom, she's been like this all morning. I had to resort to trickeration when she said she wanted to do the presents before we left home." I nodded, smiling to myself. 'Trickeration' might explain their soft, sleepy eyes.

"She was like that as a little kid." Rach crossed her arms in front of her chest and frowned at June -- who ignored her. "She used to tear the paper off her presents. When she found the one she apparently had been waiting for, she stopped and only played with or hugged that present. Everything else was forgotten." Rachel was blushing furiously and tried to hide it by dipping her chin into her neck so her hair would cover her face. A giggling June leaned in, put her hands on either side of blondie's jaw, and kissed her honey. Kara and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Why do you do that stuff to me, Mom?" I laughed loudly.

"It's payback for those years of doing miserably stinky diapers, my gorgeous youngest born." The other two laughed.

"She's got a point, Rach." Kara looked from me to the other couple. "And let's not forget she does it to me as well."

"I resemble that remark, lover."

"Can we please cut the chatter and do the goddamn presents?"

"Good thing Santa's already come," said June to her honey, "with that potty mouth of yours."

Kara smirked as she said, "Tsk, tsk, the things that you kids say to your elders." She looked at me and added, "But she's my elder as well."

I pretended to be upset. "That could hurt a girl's feelings; and on Christmas too. Real nice!"

And so it went.

***

The fearsome foursome arrived about 2:30. Rach and June, who were told what was happening yesterday, were all over their friends. And I do mean all over. Kim and Honey (or is it Honey and Kim?) weren't even allowed to take their coats off. They were hustled off to the family room where giggling and stage whispers occurred. The 'adults' in the house gave each other hugs, kisses, and salutations commensurate with the day. I know, okay -- 'Big word, Lissy.' Shut up!

"Where do you want the food, Lissy?" When we invited them to our house, Destiny mentioned that they had either made or ordered several dishes. We agreed that we would combine theirs and ours.

"Follow me. JR and Andi should be here pretty soon. We can put the oven on low just to keep everything warm."

And it was just after 3:30 when JR, Andi and their little cutie landed. Dylan immediately went to Rach; giggling broke out as she smothered him in kisses. She stood him on the kitchen table (!!) and took off the coat and the rest his Mom had smothered him in.

I gave my kid and his wife much love. Andi surprised me when she hugged Kara. Hmm! Kara caught my eye. I nodded.

"Come on you two; let me introduce you to our other guests." Andi looked at JR, who looked at me. I smiled. "Kim and Honey were classmates of Rach and June. Shade is Kim's older sister; Destiny is Shade's honey." The twist of the names didn't go unnoticed by the others.

"So we're the only ones here who aren't gay?" Good god, Andi, really? On Christmas?

June's reply was a cheery, "It's Christmas, Andi. Everyone here loves someone. That's all that matters."

Andi looked at JR, who shook his head. She responded with a glare. No you don't! Not today; not in my house. I marched over to Andi, took her hand and led her to the powder room. Startled, she followed. I closed the door behind us.

"You're not going to do this today, young lady!" I made a mad face. "Am I clear? These people are our friends. You're family." I took a breath. "You showed some signs of softening your stance on Thanksgiving, Andi. Kara is home." I felt my chin buckle. "It will be an uneven journey to rebuild what we had but we're both committed to doing everything we can to make it work. I don't want you to abandon your beliefs. I want you to watch all of us, Andi, and make your judgment about what's right and what's not based on what you see, not what you've been told."

Andi reacted with surprise; her eyes widened and she shuffled her feet.

"Okay, Mom, I'll do what I can." She smiled when she said, "I'm thrilled for you that you and Kara are back together." She gave me a kiss. "Merry Christmas, Mom. I love you." Well now!

"Same to you, Andi honey, same to you." We joined the others.

I mentioned that the 4 college chums were in the great room. There had been much laughter and insults and the like tossed around. The four of them exchanged their gifts to more laughter, more giggles and even raunchier insults. It was totally adorable -- 4 young women, completely comfy with themselves and each other.

I didn't pay much attention to what was going on until I heard Rachel call out to her brother.

"Hey bro, Honey gave June an 8-pack of flavored lubes. You oughta get this for you and Andi. She can put 'em on your lick 'em stick." I swear to god the house exploded. Poor Dylan started to cry from all the noise. A blushing Andi tried to comfort her son by getting up and walking around with him on her shoulder. Thankfully, he settled down quickly.

The baby was a major winner in the Xmas presents category. He giggled with delight at the noisy game that Rach and June gave him. Kara gave him a Bears Nerf football that was JR's suggestion. I gave him an assortment of Blackhawks stuff -- clothes mostly, including a tiny jersey. JR was thrilled. There were other presents but that's more than enough.

I thought my son was going to cry when he opened my present. 'One Goal II' is the story of the Stanley Cup winning season last year for the local hockey team. He walked over to me and kissed me tenderly.

"I'd been hoping someone would give this to me for Christmas, Mom." I smiled. "Thank you so much!" There was no reason to tell him Andi called and asked if I wanted to buy it for him. Rach took advantage of the diversion to hurry upstairs and come back with her brother's big present. She handed it to him and kissed him. It was a red 'sweater,' as it's called (jersey), with the name and number of the captain of the team on the back. He looked shell shocked.

"Thanks, Rach. I don't know what to say, Mom."

Honey piped up and said, "How about thank you, handsome?" Everyone laughed -- except Andi, who glared. "Listen here, red, mind your manners with that glare or I'll give you the kind of ass whuppin' you've always dreamed about." My god she's a bold stump! There were several not so muffled snickers. Andi looked half mad, half confused.

What happened next was interesting! She never said a word, but Shade looked at Honey, then Kim, raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips. She was clearly upset with Honey's outburst. Just as smoothly, Destiny leaned in and whispered in her honey's ear as her fingers slid up and down Shade's arm. Shade lowered her eyes, smiled, and... at least this is what I think happened -- she blushed. A quick glance back at Honey revealed that she knew she was out of line and accepted the silent reprimand. My eyes darted in Andi's direction. It was clear she had taken it all in as well.

A somewhat sheepish JR looked at his adorable Mom and said, "Thank you so much! Welcome home, Kara."