Born to be Bred Pt. 01

Story Info
Emily and Adam are the perfect couple, but unable to breed.
879 words
4.11
10.9k
15

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 04/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the hushed shadows of the bathroom, Emily's breath shuddered, her heartbeat pounding against her ribs as she clutched the pregnancy test like a lifeline. The stark white stick looked back up at her cruelly, its vacant window mocking her with a single line. Negative.

Her trembling knees pressed against the cold tile floor, warming it with the heat of the harsh reality that bore down on her. The air thickened with the all-too-familiar agony of unfulfilled dreams--a suffocating force grasping at Emily's chest as despair held her captive once again.

"Em?" The sound of Adam's voice was like a balm for her aching soul, tender and warm in a way she couldn't help but lean into, even in the wake of shattered dreams.

"Adam," she murmured, the delicate sound of his name quelling the rising storm within her. "It's negative."

The door whispered open as Adam stepped in, worry etched into the lines of his face. He knelt beside her, his large hand finding hers and entwining their fingers in a moment of shared pain. Emily knew that the appearance of yet another negative test weighed on him as much as it did on her.

Before she could apologize, Adam gently reassured her, "Hey. We're in this...,"

"...together," she murmured, buying her face in the nook of Adam's neck, silent tears cascading down her delicate features.

They lived in the quaint, idyllic town of Willow Falls, known for its picturesque streets lined with vibrant flowers and the lullaby of the wind flirting with the rustling leaves. Their cozy two-story house was a living testimony to their love story, every corner brimming with memorabilia and shared memories. The bookshelves, the scattered family photos on the walls, and the verdant potted plants all contributed to the serene life of the couple. The tantalizing aroma of freshly baked cookies, a trademark of Emily's culinary endeavors, pervaded the air.

Emily was blessed with soft features, blue eyes that shimmered like morning dew on fresh grass, and cascading blonde waves that framed her delicate face. She carried herself gracefully, her petite frame hiding an inner whirlwind of passion that dwelled within the recesses of her heart.

Adam, her devoted husband, boasted a slender frame and a chiseled jawline, emanating confidence and beauty. A slight dimple adorned his left cheek when he smiled, and his hazel eyes were kind and warm, hiding subtle intelligence beneath their innocence. The neighborhood knew them as one, Adam and Emily, two halves of a whole, consummate in every sense.

There was just one thing missing.

For three long years, Adam and Emily had tried everything they could to fulfill their dream of expanding their family, longing to welcome a tiny bundle of joy into their lives. In their suburban haven, they envisioned a life where every bedtime story, every scraped knee, and every first step was an intrinsic part of their existence. They dreamed of nights spent clasping her burgeoning belly, and of mornings awash with the laughter of little feet padding down the hall. But the fruits of their passionate love remained unattainable, a mirage that shimmered just beyond their reach.

Their many consultations with doctors, herbalists, and even psychics had all yielded the same result. No concrete reason or explanation for their inability to conceive despite their unwavering dedication to the pursuit. After years, the walls of the idyllic life they'd built together were started to close in.

"We'll keep trying, Em. We'll find a way," whispered Adam, his voice choked up by the unspoken heartache.

Leaning into each other, they rose.

"I love you," Emily breathed.

"And I love you, Em,"

They stepped out of the bathroom together and into the dappled light of their bedroom, enveloped in each others' embrace.

"Let's sit," Emily murmured, and they sank into the familiar embrace of their silk sheets, fingers entwined. She took a deep breath, steadying herself.

"Adam, I've been thinking," Emily began hesitantly, her voice wavering with a hint of uncertainty. "I know we've been trying everything for so long, but I can't help but wonder if maybe... maybe we should consider something a little more... drastic."

Adam furrowed his brow, concern etched across his face as he listened intently. "What do you mean, drastic?"

Emily clasped her hands together nervously, her gaze fixed on her interlocked fingers. "I don't know. None of the fertility treatments are working. Maybe it's time to look for a surrogate? Or... I don't know..."

Adam reached out, his loving touch encircling Emily's trembling hands. "Emily, baby," he murmured, his voice gentle yet firm. "I understand, Em, I do, but we've got to keep trying, keep believing that we can share this experience together. The way we've always wanted it. I don't want to give up on that just yet."

"But Adam," she pleaded, her eyes moist with unshed tears, "What if it never happens for us? What if we can't have a child together?"

Adam squeezed her hand reassuringly, his voice firm yet tender. "We're a team, Em. We'll face this challenge together. Remember, we're in this..."

"Together," she said breathlessly, a fragile smile forming on her lips. She sank deeper into Adam's embrace, and just for a moment, the dark tendrils of their shared melancholy dissipated into the ether.