All Comments on 'Boyfriend for a Weekend'

by tnbnb

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kyle?

Enjoyed your story, but who is Kyle?

You, out of the blue introduced a pic of Kyle, but where did he come into your story?

tnbnbtnbnbabout 8 years agoAuthor
Kyle is from It is Always the Quiet One

I glad to hear you enjoyed the story. Becky, Kyle and several other characters were from my first story, It is Always the Quiet One. I do plan to eventually write a couple of more stories with most of those characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Groan...

Could have been a 5; but ended up a 3. This started as a nice story about two shy, smart, nerdy types with an international flavor. Going out and getting better acquainted, they end up dancing....And suddenly we learn the shy nerdy Dutchman moonlights as a male stripper....SIREN! NAILS SCREECHING! SKUNK IN KITCHEN!...That is a totally false note. It adds nothing. And it is contextually incongruent....A guy who hardly dates and would usually be home playing video games is somehow suddenly a male stripper on the side? It just finishes the story's credibility. And then, there is the ignorant: "They lied silently in each other's arms."...OMG. How does anyone "lie silently"? "Lied" is only used as past tense of "lie"--as in telling a falsehood [lie, lied, has lied]; whereas, the past tense of "lie"--as in "to rest or recline"--is "lay" [lie, lay, has lain]!

tnbnbtnbnbabout 8 years agoAuthor
Maarten was not a male stripper

I am sorry that it was unclear. Maarten was joking about being a male stripper.

r0cket69r0cket69almost 7 years ago
not your average run of the mill

This was certainly different than I expected. Enjoyable read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous