Breaching a Partnership

Story Info
Cheater must bear the necessary consequences.
17.4k words
4.06
61.1k
72
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Consequence of Breaching a Partnership

Life With My Wife Begins

It wasn't supposed to end this way. I first met Amy at a pub across the street from our county courthouse. It was just past five and the courthouse had emptied. I saw the pub and thought I might run into some acquaintances and catch up. I did not immediately see anyone I knew, and so looked toward the bar. You all know the situation. The bar was packed several drinkers deep. I was unsuccessfully trying to gain the attention of one of the severs when a girl sitting at one of the bar stools waved for me to come to her using her arms to push her friends apart so that I could get next to her. I said girl, but I should have said woman, because this girl was packing a holster with a Glock 19 on her hip and the usual other police paraphernalia.

As good looking and frightening as she was, she got the attention of one of the servers. I ordered an IPA draft.

"I saw you in the courthouse. I assume that you are another one of them lawyers that frequent that building."

It was hard to hear in the noise and so I brought my face close to hers so that we could talk. "Not really my bailiwick. My work is different and specialized. But I was here today to take care of a problem for one of the local non-profits. My pro bono punishment for being a lawyer."

She smiled. "So what is your specialized work?"

"It is very hush hush and something that I can only discuss over a dinner date with a beautiful woman."

"So I will never know?"

"Depends. Are you finished for the day and volunteer to be the beautiful woman date over dinner?"

"My, are we being rather presumptuous and rather forward. I don't even know your name, you don't know mine, and you are asking me for a date. You might be a predator who is already attached."

"We can exchange names once we get to know each other better. But I am totally unattached, and what I see is a beautiful woman who seems to be unattached and packing a Gen 3 Glock 19. So I know that you can protect me if I take you out."

"You know your guns."

"Yes, although I usually deal with some bigger equipment. So how about we leave here and talk about guns, and maybe at the end we can exchange names?'

She looked directly at my eyes, thinking. She then stood up, turned to her friends and announced that she was taking leave. "Sure Amy and have fun" one of the other law enforcement guys said while quickly taking out his phone and taking my picture.

I actually surprised myself by how forward I was. I am not good or bad looking, just average type. I like the opposite sex, but, unfortunately, I am not successful in maintaining any relationships. Girls, and then women, seemed unattainable. I worked through college and law school and I studied hard. I never had the time and money to do a spring break or go skiing during Christmas holidays. With little free time and lacking hotness, dates were few, and usually terminated with a chaste kiss without any suggestion of another one. Even now that I was a lawyer, I still had little time and had only a few relationships, all of which foundered by my girlfriend deciding to leave. I did not grieve because I did not feel totally comfortable with any of the women with whom I had spent time. The only women who seemed interested in me recently were those that seemed to more interested in a meal ticket than me. My perception was that women tended to gravitate to guys that were handsomer or bigger or more exciting than I was. My work was sophisticated and challenging but was not something that would chat about during cocktails. I have started to both fear and be wary of women., which resulted in a predestined spiral of anxieties which made relationships impossible. Yet here I was flirting, without any misgivings or fear or anxieties, with an armed woman cop surrounded by armed men. Why did I do what I did, and why was I not at all fearful or anxious?

We left the pub and I offered Amy a choice of places. She chose a steak place which was close enough that we could walk. We started exchanging some information about each other. Amy was county law enforcement and was working for her detective badge. She had her share of working long hours including working nights. But she loved her work and was making a difference.

She then asked what kind of legal work I did.

"I work for a law firm that has different groups." I then looked at her and smilingly said "If you heard of the military industrial complex, it is me. I guide clients in penetrating the Pentagon, dealing with Congress to support appropriations, handling liability issues, and even patent disputes. But it is all tied to weapon sales."

We continued talking during dinner, and I found that we had many common interests and similar views. One difference was that she was very local and had never travelled out of the country, while I had done a fair bit of world travel. The dinner was wonderful, but then Amy needed to get home because tomorrow was another working day. "Can I call you? Perhaps we can go out again," I asked, fearing the worst.

"Give me your phone." She then entered her coordinates. "I will be working stake out this weekend, but then Monday on I should hopefully be OK."

I did call her on Monday. "Hi Amy, this is Michael."

"Michael who?" she answered. It then dawned on me that Amy had given her coordinates to me without ever having asked my name. I hoped that it portended something positive.

"I am the dufus that did not properly introduce himself to you last time and is begging to be allowed an opportunity to rectify that error." She agreed to go out, and I picked her up at her apartment. Amy wore a simple sundress, but one that displayed her beautiful legs and showed just enough cleavage to make it entice. We had a pleasant dinner, which was long and quiet since it was a Monday. Afterwards we went for a walk around the local park. By the end of that second date, I wanted her to be the one. I asked and she accepted another date. I earned only a brief kiss on the lips as I dropped her off at home, but I was satisfied.

We did go out on the third date, this time to a play by a local theater group. This led to a series of more dates as we continued to progress our relationship. We both had difficult schedules between the unpredictability of her police work and my business travels and other obligations. But we started to spend all of our common free time together. We did everything from picnics to hiking to kayaking to enjoying the music at a local brew pub while sipping our beers and talking.

Amy had come from what I would call a broken family. Both her father and mother had affairs, with both claiming to be revenge for the other's cheating. But they continued to live together in a pretended happy marriage. Neither of her parents could kick the other out of the house, and neither could afford to move out, and so they continued their marriage. Amy seemed ambivalent about her parent's apparent open marriage. She did not condemn but, instead, worked to get away as soon as she could. Starting in her early teens, Amy had taken every job from baby-sitting to being a waitress to working at a store to both have her freedom and get out of the house. She did stay at home until she had finished her law enforcement associate degree at a local community college, and then immediately leased an apartment as soon as she became a cop. She might not have had the education that I had, but she was bright and soaked up whatever new knowledge came her way. She was intrigued that I had scored a semester-abroad at the prestigious Sorbonne University in Paris and spoke French fluently. She would drop French phrases, such as je t'aime tellement and je te veux. Although we never actually discussed it, we were exclusive.

Our sex life was quite satisfying. Amy was more active and more verbal than any of my prior few liaisons. We both enjoyed cuddling and kissing, and my playing with her pert natural breasts that just seemed to be the perfect size. Long after we orgasmed, we would still hold each other just enjoying our closeness. One time, after went down on her and she had orgasmed into my mouth, Amy lifted my head and proceeded licked my face and sucked my mouth dry. She then dropped down and took a large part of my shaft into her mouth and throat, and, after I exploded in her mouth, she very deliberately made a show of swallowing my cum. Still looking seriously into my eyes, Amy announced, "Now that I swallowed both my cum and yours, do you think I could get pregnant?" We exploded with laughter.

I remembered that incident because it was one of the few times that Amy showed a wild side. Usually, Amy seemed to smile or laugh only when talking about something job-related. Otherwise, Amy was more serious and quieter than joyful. But she was tender, respectful and happy to be with me, and professed her love.

I was truly in love. After a couple months, when my apartment lease was expiring, I moved into her apartment. It was larger than my little apartment which I acquired when I first moved into the city and never found a good reason to upgrade. And, Amy had a good deal on the lease as the property owner thought it was helpful to have a cop on the premises. The two of us were comfortable with each other and started to talk about our future together.

After six months, during one of our pillow talks, Amy half-jokingly stated, "I want a husband, a house and children, and I was wondering why you had not yet applied for the lead role." I got the memo. I bought a ring the next day and proposed. Surprisingly, Amy did not immediately accept the ring. "Michael, I love you and I was not joking that want to be your wife forever, and make a family and home with you. But I love my job and enjoy the comradeship of the people with whom I work. I want to continue my police work. You know that includes night work and sometimes long hours, and you never know when something might happen. I also want to continue occasionally getting together with the guys even as a married woman cop. If you are not just willing, but happy for me to continue with my work and support me when we have children, then I will most gladly marry and love you forever and have your children. But I do not want any false assumptions or expectations, or arguments in the future that I am devoting too much time to my work or am not enough of a housewife or mother or anything else. I want you very much, but can you be truly happy with that kind of life and that sort of wife?"

"My dear Amy, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I will happily take you any way that I can," I answered. Amy then extended her finger for me to place the ring, upon which she hugged and passionately kissed me. "Oh Michael, I am so happy that we had found each other. You may be the only man in the world who could accept me as is and love me. I love you so much and I will make you happy."

Married Life

We wanted to get married while we had a common window open for a honeymoon, and so, rather than a big wedding, we married in a simple ceremony that included only our parents. I was over thirty and Amy was close to that age. So, after a year, we agreed that Amy would go off her pills so that we could start a family. It did not take long. Amy missed her next period and stopped drinking anything but water or seltzer.

Amy chose not to publicize her pregnancy, so as to avoid having her fellow officers feel any need to treat her differently. Eventually that was no longer possible between her frequent pregnancy-induced vomiting, refusal to drink and, finally, her showing. Her precinct completely accommodated and supported Amy, but headquarters immediately placed her on desk and other non-stressful duties.

Shortly after being removed from the field, the powers that be assigned Amy to a special newly-created task force that was tracing a pedophile net that was operating in the surrounding areas. Amy occasionally had to do stakeouts, but most of her work involved computers, telephone calls and meetings which were unlikely to turn physical. Amy regretted missing out on her old turf, but was also excited about her new assignment. She began to work very closely with the county District Attorney, James Rodin, who had taken a personal interest in the project and wanted to dot all i's and cross all t's. The task force gradually expanded the geographical scope of its efforts, as other surrounding areas began to utilize the task force as an asset.

About a month before her due date, Amy went on maternity leave. The last month of pregnancy is tough but Amy took it well. She pushed herself to exercise as much as she could. I loved having Amy at home, despite the irritability that pregnancy produces, and started to shift myself to working remotely. I organized our living area to include my computer and dual screens and updated the apartment's internet service and security. I noticed that Amy was a bit bored being at home without her professional work. She would sometimes call her co-workers on the task force to just chat, which ended up with Amy providing some insight or advice. Many of those conversations were with the DA, "Jim."

In due course, Amy gave birth to our son that she named Michael Jr., or "little Mikey" as she referred to him. There were no complications, and we brought the baby home. We agreed that Amy would breast-feed the baby until she got closer to returning to work, at which point we would switch to some combination of breast-feeding, expressed milk and formula.

I shifted almost entirely to working remotely, and thus was able to support Amy post-pregnancy and to be with little Mikey. Amy immediately went into a training regime to return her body to pre-child shape during which I took care of little Mikey. Amy had some bit of postpartum depression, but six weeks after birth, we were again enjoying our sex life. Amy also continued to have her regular calls with Jim and others on the task force. She looked forward to returning to work full-time.

While looking to getting back to work, she loved being with Mikey. Nursing or changing or playing with Mikey, Amy would look upon him and one could almost visualize the love the two shared. Other than when on her exercise regime or talking with her task force colleagues, Amy would spend all her time with the little tyke or being a housewife.

Four months after little Mikey birth, Amy returned to work on a part-time basis. She missed the challenges that her work presented her and wanted to resume her prior comradeships. Her body had returned to something close to her pre-pregnancy state, and, if anything, being a mother might have actually helped round her favorably. Amy quickly extended her part-time work until she went full-time.

With Amy's return to police work, I continued to work from home and became the main caretaker of little Mikey. It was hard, but I kept my legal work going and took care of the little tyke. Amy would continue to nurse the baby and spend time with him after she came home and on her off-days, but childcare was mostly me. I did not mind, because I loved the little tyke and enjoyed taking care of him -- despite his crying and poopsies.

With Amy's return to work, we started to share dinner assignments, which generally worked well as we would either cook dinner or order take-out, or occasionally the three of us would catch dinner at a local restaurant or diner. One evening, Amy was not eating that much. When I asked if anything was wrong, Amy said "No, everything is fine. I just had a big lunch and can't eat that much now."

"Oh. Big lunch? Who with?"

"Jim took me to this new bistro for lunch, and we tried a bunch of different things, and I think we got carried away a bit in ordering."

"Just the two of you went to lunch. You do that a lot?"

"Yes, we sometimes go off the reservation for lunch. Try some different restaurants. Experiment."

"I assume that you don't just talk shop at these lunches."

"We talk shop. We talk about politics. We talk about a lot of things." Amy then paused, and added "Oh, my darling, are you concerned about me going out with a handsome, intelligent, charismatic and powerful gentleman?" Amy then came to me and kissed my forehead while running her fingers over my chest. "I actually enjoy that you are showing some jealousy because that means you are interested in me. But be assured, honey, that you have nothing to worry about. You are my one and only, and I have no intention of trading you in."

"Good to hear, but I think that things would be better if you didn't have these private lunches. Tongues will wag at least."

"Don't worry your big head. Jim and I are just friends. I am a big girl and can take care of myself." Amy then kissed me while dropping one hand on my little head. She felt no erection. Amy then separated and went on with cleaning up after dinner.

I had nothing to add to the conversation, but it was disconcerting. "Just friends" is just another way of saying that Amy and Jim were bonding at some level. I had no reason to think that she and Jim would ever cross the line, but I still did not like them going together for private lunches. I did not want to deny Amy the opportunity to have friends or network or experience new food places. But why could they not have lunch with others? Why could I not be her only male friend? After all, I was well-read and a good conversationalist, and I always enjoyed talking with Amy.

Another thought occurred. When Amy placed her hand on my crotch, was Amy checking out if I was getting aroused by the thought of her being with another man like in some crazy stories that one finds on the internet? Intriguing what drove her to that action. But I quickly put that thought aside. I had no reason to suspect anything between Jim and Amy. Amy was always at work or at home, except for occasional pub get-togethers with her fellow officers and these lunches with Jim. I thought our love life was great and getting better. After putting little Mikey to sleep, it was not unusual for Amy to put on something revealing or sexy and then hug me in a clear signal that she wanted to re-consummate our marriage. I was not always able to respond. Amy would be on a high from her challenging work and being surrounded by men, but I was tired from both taking care of Mikey and work, and sometimes had to work late into the night. Amy understood and never got upset but would say something like "I understand honey. Let me know if I can do anything," while caressing my chest or my balls.

After our conversation about lunches with Jim, Amy never volunteered anything about her work with Jim, although she did not hesitate in answering any of my questions and admitted that sometimes just the two of them went out to lunch when others were not available to join them.

Life continued. Some weeks later, my mother called that my dad had a heart attack and was hospitalized. Dad was generally fine and the initial prognosis was good. Mom then said that dad had asked if I and little Mikey could visit with him.

I discussed my mother's call with Amy to make sure she had no problems with my taking little Mikey on a something of a long trip, and asked whether Amy might want to go with us. Amy had too many things going on at work, including a formal funeral and other scheduled appointments, for her to be able to go but thought I should definitely visit my dad. Further, she would not be available to look after the baby, and, hence, it was a good idea for me to take Mikey with me as I could take care of him. We talked logistics and packed. Amy seemed a bit sad but also looked forward to having some alone time. "Don't worry about me. I will miss you both terribly but stay with your parents as long as you need to. Maybe I will be able to take some days off after your return so that you can catch a break after this." I left with little Mikey the next day.