All Comments on 'Broadway Battle'

by emilyagilbert

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer8 months ago

I said if the second part of this had as much emotional impact as the first that this would probably be your most important Ty and Tony story yet and something to be extremely proud of. Well, this definitely did, it definitely is, and you definitely can, because you surpassed yourself with this one. And you absolutely nailed it in describing the physical pain and depression that patients suffer while going through chemo as well as what those around them go through. Bravo Ms. Em.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert8 months agoAuthor

Hi MarcLuciFer,

You really are very kind.

I don't mind readers crying during a story, as long as they laugh and get turned on as well. Hopefully this was a good balance.

I think the hardest part for me was the shower scene, when Ty says that it will come back, because sadly it's true.

That was so hard for him to say, so hard for Tony to hear, but important, and they faced it with courage, humour and kindness.

They really do have the most beautiful relationship. I just adore them.

Thank you as always for your comments, EmAG

Dpj49Dpj498 months ago

I know this is a fictional story, but I got choked up with the dedication. Spectacular writing, beautifully done!

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert8 months agoAuthor

Hi Dpj49,

HAHA (Evil laugh) I'm glad I'm not the only one who got soppy over the dedication.

Seriously though, thank you for your lovely comment. I'm glad you are still enjoying the stories.

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautiful and moving because real.

As always well researched.

Txs

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hey Em!

Me again, your biggest critic and bigest biggest fan. I'm tho one who you sent here after I complained about A and L..... You know the rest 😉

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed. This was my favorite read. I'd come back here all the time to reread, loved how light and how loving it was.

Now it became so heavy and dark,I cried a lot when I read the last two parts, and it doesn't even have the happily ever after! I hope you don't finish the story, even if you did write a PostScript. Maybe there's still a chance if it becoming fun and happy again? I'd love to know that they grew old together and had a lot of healthy years.

I feel so sad after reading, it's touching but not a feel good ending. Pleeeaaasee fix it?

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert8 months agoAuthor

Hi Txs,

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed. Although I kinda hope I don't have to do research like this again, it was sad.

EmAG

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert8 months agoAuthor

Hey Honey (remember me?) Of course.

Did you complain? I don't think the management accept complaints! Seriously though, let me address your comment. And please don't stop commenting, coz I love it, and I love how people get such different stuff out of what I write.

First: There is at least one more Tony & Ty story coming, but although it's currently scrambled (& I wish to hell I could read my own writing) notes, it's coming out as total froth. Seems to be a sun, sea and sex story, so I don't want you to worry about reading it. I promise you will have fun.

Second: Aww, I'm sorry you were disappointed, but ya know if everyone like the same stuff this would be a very boring website! I also love how you described the previous chapters as light & loving...let me see, er hold ups at gun point, crazed stalkers, historic sexual assault, self inflicted knife wounds, that's the tip of the iceberg & I haven't started on the on/off stage drama. WOW, what's life in your household like?? hehe. I'm teasing, you know.

Third: It was darker, yes. Hence the amber warning. But sometimes a good cry is cathartic. I cried a ton when I was writing it. The thing is, as I said in a previous reply to B Betrayal. I followed the story. Had my research led me to Tony having a couple of years or even months, I would have honoured that. I would have HATED it, but I would have done it. But maybe you could consider re-reading these last two chapters & considering the love, strength, kindness and humour with which Tony and Ty deal with this. It really is inspiring. I just adore their relationship, both with each other and their wider family & friends/family.

Bear in mind as well that Tony may have 5, 10, 15 or more years before he gets the call. These stories are set more or less now. In 15 years there really may be a cure. As Ty says. Maybe it won't be repeated chemo. Maybe he'll already be cured. Wouldn't that be amazing. We can all do something about that, even just chucking your loose change in a collection box as you pass. ^_*

I honestly don't know where this story came from. I don't think them up exactly, I follow the story. However, having just experienced a bereavement that has left a gaping hole inside me, and having to face the knowledge that nothing in my life will ever be completely right again, I am willing to concede that perhaps the darkness and struggles in this story have some root in my personal circumstances right now. Mine was not cancer or chemo related, but still, maybe my escape into writing wasn't quite the escape is usually is. Just perhaps.

Anyhow, thanks again for your comment, & as I said. Total fun next time. YAY!!!!!!!

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hey Em,

It's Honey:) I think I shall start referring to myself as that from now on.

I'm awaiting the promised fun story on these 2, not that I didn't love the last 2 BDSM chapters. I did love them but my favorite couple needs another story too!!

Eagerly awaiting T and T,

Your biggest fan

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert5 months agoAuthor

Hi Honey ^_^

I'm soooooo sorry. I promise you, Ty and Tony are coming back, and strong. I have x2 chapters in progress.

I kinda got side tracked by another project. Which is not for this site, more like an actual book - potentially.

I know right? What is Emily thinking, is her grasp of the English language really that good? (Probably not!)

But it's been really moving and so much fun, so I've been distracted.

Current at various stages, x2 Broadway, x1 Manor and x1 Tess, so keep your eyes peeled.

EmAG x

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremilyagilbert@emilyagilbert
Emily Ada Gilbert. I'll share with you one of my favorite quotes. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain' Author unknown Thank you to GayKat for advising me that this amazing quote is by Vivian Greene