All Comments on 'Broadway Love Story'

by emilyagilbert

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fun, sexy, romantic and real. I enjoyed how Ty and Tony love and support each other.

Funny as well but if one of my female friends kissed me like that I would barf.

It has given me insight of how hard those people work.

I have to ask though. Why did you use queer as an insult?

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertover 1 year agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous Sexy etc.

I’m so glad that Ty and Tony feel real to you, I feel the same and they are cute as hell.

Yes, love and support plus respect are very important to me, that tends to be the case in all of my stories. Obviously in this story Ty reveals a difficult past. He pretty much walked into my head dragging that with him, but I think he deals well, and he has Tony, his family, and lots of support around him.

I love your barf comment. Haha, let’s hope none of your gal pals decides to play tonsil hockey then, we wouldn’t want you grossed out.

However, you have to remember Ty and Tony are not just a gay couple. They are performers who live and breathe theatre, and there are certain skills that come with that. Such as fake smoking and fake kissing girls (smoochy smooch!).

You asked me to explain the use of queer as an insult. Hmmm, it's a complicated word for me.

As Gene says, about the drunk idiot out of towners, it’s a crap insult. Having been reclaimed by many in the LGBTQ+ community.

I guess there are many, many words I could have had them say that would have been a better insult, but 1: they were idiots, so it was kinda amusing having them be so bad at insulting Gene, and 2: I wasn’t comfortable typing really nasty words.

I know, I know, as a writer (sort of!), I should be able to speak as a character, even a really horrible one, but honestly. People deal with this crap enough in their day to day lives, without reading about it in what should be escapist fiction as well.

Also, queer is actually a difficult word for me. I am of an age where it was a common playground insult, so for me it still has negative implications. I have struggled to re-train my brain to accept it as an okay word.

Although like many English language words it has more than one meaning, and I will use it in the context of, “Oh, I’m gonna sit down, I feel a bit queer.”

But it remains hard for me to be comfortable using it in regard to someone’s sexuality. That’s on me. But that’s why I chose that word as the bad guy's rubbish insult.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So sweet, these two are sweet. Txs

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertover 1 year agoAuthor

Hey Sweet!

I know right.

I totally adore these guys.

I'm glad you are enjoying.

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy many stories on this site. But it makes a refreshing change to have two men who are fully committed to each other and still enjoying hot dirty sex.

Please write more.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbertover 1 year agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous commitment,

Please write more hot dirty sex?

It would be my absolute pleasure.

EmAG

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremilyagilbert@emilyagilbert
254 Followers
Emily Ada Gilbert. I'll share with you one of my favorite quotes. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain' Author unknown Thank you to GayKat for advising me that this amazing quote is by Vivian Greene