All Comments on 'Broadway to Vegas'

by emilyagilbert

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer9 months ago

I've got to tell you; you really scared me with that "So the sex is great, but can their love be undermined?" How about before Tony and Ty get back home you have Monroe kidnapped by an Arab prince and shipped off to his male harem? That way the guys can get down to planning their wedding with one less unnecessary distraction. Once again Ms. EM you had me on an emotional rollercoaster ride, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Cumlube. I laughed so hard!

Please is Tony a real person because I want to see that performance. Is it on YouTube?

Next is wedding I hope.

Txs

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ty should get drunk more often. What I really want to know is what his grandmother was talking about with the young drag artist and a question I wanted to ask before is why his grandparents left the reservation I like the hints at ty's ancestry but you don't go into much detail I share his ancestry so I am interested.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert9 months agoAuthor

Hey MarcLuciFer,

Awwww, poor Monroe, I know he's a bit of a tosser, but was he really that bad? That's so funny! Probably not gonna happen in one of my Broadway stories though, to be fair. As you have said yourself, this is a lurve story.

Actually, I've just written an sweet and unexpected little scene with Monroe in what would be Ch 8 (had I numbered them; never expected them to continue!) so perhaps you can hold fire on the whole 'selling into slavery' thing, and see if he can redeem himself in your eyes at all.

It's kinda hard to explain, but I don't sit here and dream up story lines as such. It's more like these characters live in my head and I follow them to see what's happening, like the nosey mare I am. Like a movie in my mind (pun intended!). 7&8 have gone in a direction I never would have expected.

Anyhow, that's for the future. Don't worry about Monroe. He was only on a temproary contract, covering an injured dancer, he's history.

Tell you what...never gonna be a professional proof-reader am I? (Nightmare!)

Thanks, as always, for getting in touch, EmAG

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert9 months agoAuthor

Hello Anonymous Cumlube.

Sooooooo gross!

Sorry to say, Tony is not real or based on a real person. So you're not going to find that performance online.

There may well be a song called Sex with a Stranger, but it won't be Tony, and it won't be from this show, coz it's made up. Sorry.

I wish it was real...I would be totally glued to youtube!

Thanks for your comment, EmAG

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert9 months agoAuthor

Hello Anonymous Drunk,

Oh that sounded rude!

Yea, Ty's pretty self contained as a rule (for good reason) and let's face it, a wee bit of a control freak, so seeing him tipsy was fun. That Frank's a bad influence.

I don't know what Crissy and Ty's Grandma were discussing, I'm afraid I was not privy to that conversation.

As it happens I do know why Ty's grandparents left the reservation. Ty doesn't because like him, his grandparents tend to hold stuff close to their chests, but it's like this...

Boy girl boy2. Growing up. Boy and girl become sweethearts, and later married. Boy2 doesn't cope well with this. Boy2 is growing up into a position of authority. And is perhaps not quite stable! When girl gets pregnant he becomes less stable and girl starts to worry about the safety of her husband and her unborn child. So they leave. Not an easy decision.

As you (I mean commenter, not everyone else who is no doubt wondering WTF I'm talking about!) know, they moved to quite a conservative community where they never really fit in and struggled. Successfully raised their son, and when tragedy struck they successfully raised Ty. Okay, maybe they made some bad decisions along the way, but when Ty was hurt they came through for him and found their happy ever after in Florida. I love happy endings xxx

Finally, the reason I don't go into a lot of detail, well two reasons. Ty himself doesn't know a massive amount. Clearly his grandparents have taught him some stuff, and to be respectful, but he's no expert. Two, I don't know a massive amount so it would be all too easy to offend someone, which I would never want to do. So I keep it vague.

Thanks for your comment, EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hey Em,

I'm the one you sent here after I had some problems with Leslie and Alex's relationship. Remember me?

Well wouldn't you know, you were absolutely right about me living these two.

They're relationship is a beauty. I hope their story continues soon without too much shape-ups for these love birds.

But I have a greater problem now, I need to decide which couple I love more!!!😀

Seriously, you are amazing and a very talented writer. Don't keep us waiting too long for more.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert8 months agoAuthor

Hey Honey, (Remember you...of course I remember you)

You don't have to chose between Ty and Tony or Alex and Leslie. I mean they are very different stories, leading very different lives, so you can enjoy both depending on your mood.

I did actually write a scene with Tony and Ty in a café and they are distracted watching these two guys and trying to figure out whether they are together or not. You know, eye candying, we all do it. Only, the two guys were of course Alex and Leslie. Leslie has business interests in New York, it's not that unlikely their paths could cross. It was fun and would have been a sort of in-joke for people who read both sets of stories, but I do have to cut a lot of background stuff out, because the chapters get too long. All the family/friend background stuff that stays in the notes, you would be surprised.

I'm glad you are enjoying, and you are very kind to say such lovely things. There is more coming.

EmAG

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I am a very big musical theater fan and I know you said Tony is not based on a real actor but was his performance of close every door based on Evan Alexander Smith? It put me in mind of that video.

Thank you for these Broadway based stories. It is like being backstage.

emilyagilbertemilyagilbert8 months agoAuthor

Hi anonymous EAS fan.

Oh dear, you used a name. Really, if you want to name someone email me, rather than comment, coz someone could get offended.

Still, it’s done now so, whatever.

Oh my god, that video is amazing, thank you so much. Which answers your question. No. But I Ioved it. That is the closest to my ideal performance of that song I have ever seen. But why just the end of the song?

(Sulky face).

I can see where you're coming from. Similar looks, fantastic voice, same build. But the accent’s all wrong. I would guess maybe Canadian? (I will google-stalk at some point, coz I wanna find the whole song.)

I too, am an out and proud show freak. Screw the haters. Boo. Humbug! So I love what you said about being backstage. I hope it feels a little like that.

There was something else really interesting about that video though. It’s unusual to see someone belting out a number like that when almost naked.

Basically just a big set of bellows with a microphone on top!

But you see what I mean? You can really see the effort involved in getting that air in and out. Feet, torso, chest, arms, all working so hard. It was kinda fascinating.

People see musical theatre as bit lightweight, but really? You’re not just acting, singing and dancing. You have to sing in tune (preferably), remember your lines, hit your mark, not fall over or bump into someone, deal with a set that might be moving, or spinning. Maybe you’re on a tightrope or even roller skates! And you have to do all of that, while some complete bastard shines a searchlight in your eyes. I mean, there has to be an easier way to make a living? ^_*

Fun though, I bet.

Thanks again, EmAG

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremilyagilbert@emilyagilbert
Emily Ada Gilbert. I'll share with you one of my favorite quotes. 'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain' Author unknown Thank you to GayKat for advising me that this amazing quote is by Vivian Greene