Brotherhood of Janus Ch. 04-05: Sarah & Wedding

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I see. Were you happy with your ex-husband like you are with John?" I knew this was coming. I just smiled at her.

"Yes, almost. I was very happy with Jeff throughout our marriage. Right up until the time he started to follow that asshole Peterman. After that, I knew we were through. I was just hoping to find a way to stay in the Brotherhood before I divorced him."

"I see. What do you think of John?"

We had talked a little about how I felt about him before.

"Oh god, how do I put this without sounding... anyway, I love John with all my heart. I would do anything for him. With that said... what do I think of him? I think he is the most wonderful man in the world. He is also the most stubborn man in the world. He is kind, gentle, and intelligent. So intelligent I don't see what he sees in me."

"Don't put yourself down Sarah, you are very intelligent."

"Thank you. John is so much more intelligent. He does, however, have one minor flaw though."

"What's that?" Grace asked.

"He can't lie worth shit. Well, at least I can tell when he's lying. Not to me. He would never lie to me. He knows better."

"Have you caught him lying?" asked Grace.

"I have but, he wasn't lying to me. To others who seem not to be able to tell."

"Then you have the advantage, don't you?"

"Not really... he seems to know when I'm lying also. I would never lie to him but, when we are out on assignment we have to lie sometimes."

"I see. Does that bother you, lying?"

"No. Lying to people you don't know... why would that bother me when those little lies could make their life better?"

"So, when you are investigating lodges, you have to lie sometimes?" asked Grace.

"I do. I have to give them a member number that's not mine. I have to tell them a name that's not mine. Things like that. Important things I would never lie about."

"Good. How about John?"

"I've heard him tell some whoppers to people."

"Why? To impress them?"

"Oh, no. No. He never lies to impress, only to intimidate."

"Can you give me an example?"

"I can't. BID business is confidential until the Grand Council releases the records to the Achieves."

"How long will that take?" Grace asked.

"About a year. We have overloaded them recently with all that we have done."

"So you have been there with..."

"No, but as a Duchess, I get to read the reports if I want. I always read John's reports. I can tell even when I read his typed words that he is lying. Maybe not lying, fibbing would be a better word. He does it without malice."

"Does he lie to the Grand Council?"

"No! Never!"

"Most of the things I put in those reports, the council knows I'm being sarcastic."

Grace and I both jump at John's voice.

"So, you use sarcasm in your reports?" asked Grace.

"Of course."

Chapter 8

Shortly after John came in, our meeting with Grace came to an end. She had to go meet her husband. John and I walked her to her car and watched her leave. Then he kissed me hard, in the dark parking lot.

"I have missed you, darling," he whispered.

"I have missed you, too," I replied, pulling his lips to mine.

"Have you eaten?" he asked.

"No. I was waiting for you."

"Good, in or out?"

"Out."

John raised his hand and a lodge limo pulled up beside us. Carrie came out of the rear passenger door and held it for John and me. We climb into the car and sat. John was kissing me almost immediately. I kissed him back with all the passion and love I felt for him. We sat there staring into each other's eyes for the entire ride, nary a word spoken. The car stopping surprised us both.

After dinner, we were back at the lodge sitting on the divan just cuddling. The TV was on but we weren't watching anything.

"So, no action this weekend?" I asked.

"Sure. Jimmy and Jane are at our Miami lodge. Since Wednesday, four complaints were in the mail. They are checking them out."

"Any plans for next week?" I asked.

"No, just the usual stuff... going over the complaints with Mitch and the rest."

"I see. Who is the 'rest'?"

"Ah, the rest. Pam, Barb, George, Mark, Henry, Johnny, and anyone else who might be in town. You would be included if you weren't working. Susan and Michelle would be also, but they have day jobs as do you."

"Okay, I wasn't prying, I just want to know who you consulted with is all," I said.

We both looked to the door when we heard shouting from downstairs. Getting up, John got dressed and went to the cupboard by the fridge pulling a handgun down. I raised my eyebrows, as I pulled on my clothes when he looked at me. Shaking his head, he reached up again, pulling down another one. Getting up I went to him, he handed the second handgun to me. I checked it over. Loaded, safety on.

"One in the chamber?" I queried.

"Yep. Let's go check out the clamoring from downstairs," John said as we headed for the door.

Before he could open the door, the shouting was coming from the upstairs hallway. John threw the door open stepping into the hallway. I was right beside him. Two men were shouting at Gerry and George as they pushed them up the hall.

"Gerry, George!" John shouted.

I knew the men standing there in the hall. They were two of the idiots from the New York lodge. I raised my gun pointing at the bigger of the twos head. They had both turned to look at John when he shouted. Gerry and George backed off until they were behind us. John had not raised his gun, but both of them were staring at me.

"Gentlemen, down on your knees, now," John said calmly.

"You son of..."

My gun going off and taking a nick out of his ear shut him up.

"Sarah, that wasn't necessary."

"Yes, dear," I replied.

"Gentlemen on your knees, now," John said a little more forcefully.

Scowling, they both sank to their knees.

"Hands-on your head, interlace your fingers."

They complied.

"George, call Jimmy... crap, he's in Miami. Call Johnny, he knows who to call here about these two shitheads. This should not only violate their bond but also put them in prison for good. Sarah, in the desk drawer, handcuffs, go get them."

I slowly moved back and went back inside the room and got the handcuffs. Moving back into the hall I noticed George was now behind them with a baseball bat. Handing the cuffs to John, I pointed my gun at the two of them. John had them cuffed and face down on the floor in seconds.

"State Trooper will be here in..."

We all heard the siren then.

"...now," George finished.

"Gerry go see about..."

"I will, John," Gerry said hurrying away.

John took his weapon and went back into the room. He came back without it. I looked at him. He just smiled.

"Don't worry," he said. "Just don't go swinging that around."

I nodded. Jimmy's friend came up the stairs. I nodded at him even though we had never met. John nodded also.

"I'm Captain Neil Carter, Illinois State Police," he said halting behind the two lying on the floor.

"I'm John Carlson, next to me is Sarah Beckett, the gentleman here is George Tomlin. And welcome to Janus Corporations Chicago offices."

"Thank you. Now, who are these two?"

"I don't know their names, but they are from New York and are currently out on bond or bail on charges of selling drugs."

"I see. Why are they here?"

"I am the senior VP of the Janus Security Services. I was the one who brought them to justice. I assume they are here to try and get me to pull my complaint for sell drugs on Janus property."

"And why does Sarah have a weapon?" Neil asked.

"She heard these two arguing with George and came out into the hall. Shouting matches, such as was happening are rare here. She was alone and grabbed my weapon from the nightstand drawer before coming into the hall. When she did, she immediately recognized these two and told them to get on their knees. They instead came toward her and fearing for her life, she shot one in the ear. They being at least semi-smart complied with her request."

"How would they recognize her?"

"She is also a member of the Janus Security Service and was there the night we had them arrested, along with others."

"I see. New York, eh? Well, they have already lost their bond or bail by leaving the state..." Neil paused.

Both men groaned.

"Did they break in?"

"Yes and no?" George said.

"Explain, please?" Neil said.

"Our front door is not locked during the day. Also, as you saw the gate to gain access is open during the day. When they were told to leave, they didn't."

"I see. Well, we will charge with criminal trespass then. Could you help me get these two up on their feet?"

"Sure can, Captain," John said going over to help him.

Chapter 9

While they waited for transport, Neil and John talked apart from everyone else. Both of them were smiling the entire time, so I had no doubt things at the lodge would work out with Neil. Then my phone was buzzing. Looking at the caller's information it was from Susan.

"Hello," I said.

"Sarah, I'm sorry to bother you, but Susan is in labor and on the way to the hospital," Mark was almost shouting.

"And you couldn't get a hold of John? He's right here, does he know what hospital?"

"Yes," Mark sighed.

"We'll be there as soon as we can," I said.

"Good. Susan is going crazy that he won't make it," Mark said.

"On our way, sweetheart."

Mark disconnected. I walked toward John, he kept shaking his head at me, but I continued. He looked at me almost scowling.

"Susan is in labor," I stated flatly.

"Oh god! I don't know if we'll make it in time."

"Where do you need to be?" Neil asked.

"Loyola Hospital on 22nd and ..."

"I know where that is. I can get you there in ten minutes. Let's go, transport just pulled up," Neil said as a truck pulled up behind his.

Neil and John got the two going to jail up and on their way to the door. Both resigned to their fate gave us no trouble. Once in the transport, Neil spoke to the driver and told him what to do with them as he had another call to handle. The truck pulled away as John and I climbed into the back of Neil's SUV. With light glaring and siren blaring, we pulled away from the mansion.

~~~ Janus ~~~

I was sitting in the back with John, eyes wide with fright. Neil was going full out through traffic to get us to the hospital on time. Lights flashing, siren screaming, traffic just melted away from in front of him. I had almost settled down by the time we got to the hospital emergency entrance. I was still shaking as John helped me out of the backseat. Neil shook his hand and gave me a pat on the ass as we walked away from him. I just giggled at the pat on the ass, turned, and shook my index finger at him.

Within minutes, we were in the delivery waiting room. Michelle was there glaring at John. George was whispering angrily to her. Mark was there and got up taking John by the arm and pushing him ahead through the doors to the delivery room. Mark came out quickly and sat. I went and sat with him. Taking his hand in mine, we looked at each other.

"How do you feel about this?" he asked.

"It was a surprise, but I'm happy with what Susan did. No regrets. You?"

"No regrets. I'm just happy she is happy."

"She will never leave you, Mark. Not even if John was inclined to ask, which he would never do."

"I know that. Susan..."

"I understand."

"How..."

"I will never leave John. Ever."

He squeezed my hand as we sat in silence. It was a long time before John came out white as a sheet. I rushed to his side, as did Michelle. We got him in a chair.

"I'm a daddy," he croaked.

"Congratulations," I said.

"Boy or girl?" Michelle asked.

George and Mark were standing behind us.

"A girl," John said softly. "She's as beautiful as her mother."

I heard Mark groan.

"She has blond hair though," John said looking up at Mark.

"Congratulations, John," Mark said softly, reaching his arm between Michelle and me.

John took his hand and shook. Mark just smiled. John smiled back. I knew they would have a lot to work out over this but, they would do it for the baby. John pushed us out of his way and stood up. John looked at Michelle. She was at my side. Mark and George were behind me. Looking at John, he smiled and sank to one knee. My heart was in my throat as he extended a ring box up to me. He opened it.

"Sarah Anne Beckett, will you marry me?" he asked.

My knees were weak, Mark and George were holding me up. Tears filled my eyes as I nodded vigorously.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes..." I collapsed to the floor in front of my sweetheart, despite two strong men holding me up.

I felt the ring pushed onto my finger. I was crying so hard that I couldn't see straight. John was holding me. I felt his lips on mine. Pulling him to me, I kissed him there on the floor. Michelle clearing her throat brought us both back to reality. We both got up off the floor and sat in chairs. I grabbed John's arm and held on tight. He chuckled at me, kissing me on the cheek.

"Mark, go see your wife, please," John told him.

"I..."

"Go, you lunkhead," I said.

Nodding at me, he went.

Chapter 10

After another hour, everyone got to go in to see Susan and the baby. She was adorable. The baby, although Susan was adorable in her own right. I kissed the baby and then Susan. She saw my ring and pulled my lips to hers.

"Congratulation! The idiot finally asked?"

"He did," I said looking back at John but he only had eyes for his daughter.

I smiled at him, then turned back to Susan with tears of joy in my eyes. Susan started to cry too. We both just nodded. We, John and I, only spent about another half an hour there. When we got back to the mansion, he didn't know what to do. He was restless and fidgety. He paced back and forth, back and forth at the foot of the bed.

"John!" I shouted.

"What?" he asked stopping and finally looking at me.

"Stop, please. Come here. Sit with me. Tell me what is zipping through your mind."

John just stood there staring at me. Then he smiled and nodded. He sat beside me and took my hand in his. He kissed my cheek, took a deep breath.

"First I want to tell you I love you very, very much and I'm so sorry for waiting so long to ask you to marry me. Second, the child..."

He just stopped collecting his thoughts. I took this time to tell him some things.

"First I want to tell you, how proud I am to be yours. To be the future wife of John Carlson. The future step-mom of the child, as you put it," I said.

He just stared at me. His mouth was open and his eyes were wide.

"Second, whatever you want to do is fine with me. Just tell me what it is you will be doing before I find out from someone else," I said.

He was still staring at me.

"Third, you, Susan, and Mark will need to talk about what each of you wants to happen with the baby," I said.

Nodding, he dropped his head. I squeezed his hand.

"I know. I know."

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"God, you would ask that question. I don't know, really. My mind is reeling with the thoughts of my child. My child. Susan's child and mine. On one hand, I want to raise my child... with Susan but that can't happen without destroying her marriage. And I don't want to do that. At first, I thought, well Susan and Mark are great parents, they can raise her..."

"Then..."

"Then I saw her come out of Susan and I held her..."

"You want to raise her but couldn't visualize how that would work?" I asked.

"Yes. Goddamn, you are so smart and intuitive. Now I love you even more."

"Don't try to butter me up old man, out with it," I said softly.

"Like I said... who are you calling old... anyway... it has to be Mark and Susan with Uncle John and Aunt Sarah who raises her."

"Does she have a name?"

"Yes, didn't I tell you?"

"No, you didn't tell anyone," I scolded.

"Susan decided, with my approval, on Jennifer Anne," John said.

I was kind of shocked. Jennifer was his ex-wife's name.

"Who?" I asked.

"Susan. I told her no but she was stubborn, so I relented."

"Why Anne?"

"She always said she liked the name and yet Mark wouldn't let her name their daughter that. When I told her it was your middle name she was even more eager to have Jennifer become Jennifer Anne."

"I will have to thank her for that, after I smack the crap out of her," I said tears rolling down my face.

John hugged me and I hugged him back fiercely. That night we just crawled in bed, cuddled up to each other, and went to sleep.

~~~ Janus ~~~

The next morning I woke cuddled up next to my brand new fiancé. My face felt like it would break if I smiled any harder. He had finally asked. I knew he would, it was just a matter of time. I'm quite sure he had thought out how to ask. Something elaborate and romantic. At dinner with our friends with us. But where it happened was just fine with me. I have to guess seeing his child spurred him to do what I knew he wanted to do for quite some time. I was glad he finally asked me or I would have had to ask him. I giggled at that thought.

I had been looking at John as I thought these thoughts. His eyes were now open, staring at me, a smile on his lips. I was smiling still. So hard that I felt my face would shatter. John chuckled, pulling me to him. I hugged him back, hard.

"I love you so much," he whispered.

"I love you," I replied softly kissing his ear.

"You first," he said.

I knew exactly what he meant. Needing to relieve myself, I rolled out of bed, running for the bathroom. I heard John laughing as he slowly followed me. When I finished he came in to relieve himself. I stood in front of the sink brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, and checking my face. John was beside me brushing his teeth. He brushed his hair. Taking me in his arms, I squealed playfully, as he kissed me. I kissed him back, hard.

"No, no, no, buster. Breakfast first," I said pushing him back.

"In or out?" he asked.

"In, is good. Carlos always fixes a nice breakfast. As well as other meals," I said.

We both dressed and headed downstairs. It was still early, about eight in the morning. The dining room was fairly empty. Sally was there, as we walked in she was smiling. We smiled back at her and hurried through the line. There were a few other members scattered around the room, but we went and sat down with Sally.

"Good morning, you two," Sally said.

"Good morning, to you dear Sally," John said.

"Good morning, sweetie," I replied.

"Have you heard anything from Jimmy?" asked Sally.

"No, nothing yet..." John's cell phone started to ring. He held up his finger as he got up and walked a little ways away.

"I hope Jimmy and Jane are okay," Sally said softly.

"I'm sure they are dear. Jimmy is a protector."

"That's what I'm afraid of."

John was back with us. He looked up at Sally and smiled.

"Jimmy and Jane are fine. He said there was nothing out of place last night, so he and Jane stayed overnight to see what might happen today. He'll call again later."

"Did he mention if he was having fun?" Sally asked.

"No, sorry," John replied.

"Well, I told him to have fun," Sally said.

"Then I'm sure he must be, dear," I said.

John just started eating. I looked at him, he avoided my glance, I now wondered why. As we ate, the conversation started back up. Sally noticed my ring and squealed loudly as she hugged me. She kissed me then John. I then told her about Susan's baby girl. She smiled nodding at me as I told her the little girl's name. Not much was said after that Well, nothing important, just how we were, the weather and when the next gather was going to take place. When we were back up in our room, I looked at John as we sat on the divan watching the news on TV.

"Tell me about Jane and Jimmy, dear," I said softly.

"Nothing to tell, really."