All Comments on 'Brownwood: Welcome to Brownwood'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
DFWBeastDFWBeastover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks for all your feedback!

I've decided to open this comment section up since I finally have a few stories connected to it and a few more coming. I want to start off by apologizing to any readers who didn't understand that this wasn't the story and was just supplement. Yes I know that it's very dry and very boring. I plan on rewriting it so that it won't be quite as painful to read. I'm thinking about doing it more in a dialogue format. It'll still be dry and it still won't be a story but it may be a little easier to read.

I posted 'Welcome' because I'm more a storyteller than a writer and I found myself spending too much time describing the surroundings in my stories. It was taking away from the story itself.

My purpose for opening up the comments is to get feedback that will help make this series stronger. Unlike my other stories I will reply to comments here. I'll also delete comments as well. If you feel the need to tell me "I suck and should die ", AT LEAST tell me why. If it's story related I'll leave it cause comments, both good and bad, help me become a better writer.

I've used 'Welcome' to test how to name my stories so that they'll appear as a group.

I'm also using 'Welcome' as a way to test what happens when you update a story on this site. Will I lose all the comments? Those types of questions. Anyway any feedback is always welcome thank you.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN

to rise and smite the beasts. TK U MLJ LV NV

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 9 years agoAuthor
LOL!

Tazzman,

Smite the beast?!

You been talkin' to my mother-in-law? LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well

He was being taken advantage of by being the daddy figure for another mans child while being understanding, a safe space and getting none.

But it was certainly done well.

The Lady had a friend for sex and another for the other duties ,that always rubs me wrong but the story was worth it.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 6 years agoAuthor
Brothers Grymm Scandal

Was asked by a comment on one of the Brownwood stories about the Brothers Grymm Scandal. The question was if I was planning on written a story about it or leaving it in the background?

Answer… I don’t know.

Good question. Shitty answer. I’ve tried to write the story several times of the past few years but haven’t liked the results.

Below is an attempt to explain my dilemma. Warning Spoiler Alert! Well as much as a spoiler can be for a currently unwritten story.

Brothers Grymm Scandal involves Victor Grymm, his wife at the time Maria and his younger brother Roland. Victor is basic ‘super’ nerd type, MIT intelligence… no social skills… extremely shy almost autistic-like. Maria is a very intelligent but quiet and reserved nerd. However she makes Victor her project and basically transforms him into something able to at least function in public. Roland is ‘Mr. Salesman’, very brash and charming, likes his trophy wives (4 wives, 3 ex’s). Nobody is a Victoria Secret model or Chippendale’s dancer.

Brothers Grymm Engineering Solutions on fast-track to Fortune 500 when… Victor finds out Maria and Roland had week-long, out-of-town affair several years earlier at a conference.

Victor deals with the problem as an Engineer/Programmer typically would… very analytically and with little emotion. End result is quietly divorced from Maria, leaves company, breaks off contact with brother and becomes a wealthy, somewhat reclusive inventor.

Now the roadblocks…

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 6 years agoAuthor
Brother Grymm Scandal 2

Problem #1

Victor would deal with this very unemotionally and quietly. There wouldn’t be a big, nasty, embarrassing scandal. He would find a solution to the problem and simply write Maria and Roland out of it. And with Maria being remorseful and reserved it would be like watching Vulcan Divorce Court…logical but boring as hell!

Problem #2

Roland was originally created as a PT Barnum/ Donald Trump type of character. How the HELL was I supposed to know he’d run for president and WIN! Regardless, any story with Roland being one of the main characters would kick up a shitstorm of biases and take away from the story.

So… add Vulcan Divorce Court and political shitstorm and you have a doomed story just waiting to be written! LOL!

Maybe it’s better to leave it in the background, I don’t know. Please feel free to comment. Always open to most suggestions.

Killian

FD45FD45about 6 years ago

You make very good points.

The emotional scandal would be in the damage done to the town finances and 'who knew what', sort of like 'A Town Without Honor' but mostly set within the families and the corporate hierarchy.

One can be a huckster without being a Trumpian figure.

Still, I wouldn't blame you for NOT writing it.

Though there is this little niggle in the back of my brain: Huckster thinking this is just a snow...I mean sales job to inflict on his brother; wifey trying to sell this as a mis-adjusted marital feedback loop which had been singularly fixed by her...and Spock, at the end of the day, DID go Pon Far on Kirk's ass when pushed too far.

Just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the series of tales. Located in the DFW area just 10 min north of Johnson county, I had fun trying to place the authors fictional city. I really enjoyed all the stories.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

It is a bit annoying that the chapters were not listed in order, the name is defining the order on literotica and this should be listed first, not last

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I have to agree with Pjam1968, it’s the one thing that gets me about Literotica is that they have made the listings all alphabetical order, I find I read things out of sequence because of this, as this part came last it was to late to matter, shame as it shows that you have thought about how to put the series together.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am sorry to say If had been the writer When she did the striptease It would have been the end Sorry He was Looking for a Wife not a The type of wife he left behind For Tommy that would have been the worst thing She could have done to Him.IN stories like this you seem to get inside a Persons Mind and see how they think If it had been Me I would Have taken her cloths threw them at Her telling Her to get dressed and Leave and not to say one dam word to Me! Then again at the Last Parts her in the Part with everyone around them Her flirting and showing what She had I would not have gotten Past that point. Friendly Flirting My ass When she told Him grow up man up or anything like that. It would have ended that second. he had to know How He felt about Her or she was a stupid Tramp! She had to know how it Hurt Him to see her flirting But She had to blame Him for being Mad and as she said acting like a Child! FH! You give No respect you get none in return!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories