All Comments on 'Bum's Rush Ch. 08'

by TrampsAnThieves

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
ScottishTexanScottishTexan4 months ago

Very well written, but I won't be rewinding to the beginning. It's a great story, but a little bit dry for me. I slowly lost interest and was more than ready to quit when I reached the end of the chapter. I found the whole thing about the native warriors killing a half-dozen smugglers (and capturing the other half-dozen alive) who were no doubt armed with modern weapons while not suffering any casualties of their own to be too farfetched to be believable. Congratulations on your story though. It is very well done. 2/5

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now4 months ago

Excellent!

Loved this chapter ... 5/5

1stltdan1stltdan4 months ago

Another fantastic chapter. I have enjoyed reading this series and fine that Iā€™m drawn to all the characters.

TomNJaxTomNJax4 months ago

Another great chapter in this AWESOME saga. Really enjoying it!! Thanks for sharing!

Frankie1952Frankie19524 months ago

Awesome again, you amaze me with this story. Every chapter is epic.

TrampsAnThievesTrampsAnThieves4 months agoAuthor

[ScottishTexan] I'm not quite sure why you would pick up a story at chapter 8, but I guess that's your perogative. In previous chapters, I've introduced the techniques that Hal employs to guarantee success of his warriors while mitigating injury. Consider the following: the smugglers who've encountered these warriors before never survived to go back and describe how they failed, the "brains" of the human-trafficking operation uses cannon-fodder (who may have guns but aren't exceptional strategists) as their muscle, the cannon fodder in this chapter have never encountered resistance before, they're traversing terrain with NO visibility, they're passing through territory that they are not familiar with, they're using tactics not designed for their location, and (as mentioned in the story) the prisoners are resisting -- and have two smugglers each tied up with *making* them walk (ie. "frog-walk"). All of these conditions preface the battle between novice smugglers and experienced warriors -- with the experienced warriors having time to prepare their ambush because the noisy smugglers are tromping through the brush while fighting with their captives. Again, most of this has been laid out before. For chapter 8 of the story, I didn't think it was necessary to repeat things that I thought the reader would know -- or figure out from the context.

Carp2021Carp20214 months ago

Great so far keep going

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love this series, looking forward to more.

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Great series. Can hardly wait to read the finale. Too many other author leave you hanging with no conclusion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTrampsAnThieves@TrampsAnThieves
2024-04-12: Tomorrow starts a 3-part Fantasy piece called "Rustle". As usual, they'll be released back-to-back. I'm going to side-line my in-progress pieces and get another chapter of "Dude" out. I'll start on it tonight. Pinky-swear. Thanks for reading my stuff and givin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES