All Comments on 'Burned by Smoke - Conclusion'

by ctdans

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ouch!

Painful reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
She has become a chain smoker, . . .

and she want's her former husband to believe she has become a woman of intelligence and self discipline? She ends it stating that she has punished herself enough. All she has lost is the husband she threw away, apparently for one day of strange cock. She has her house, her children, her career, and the potential to get as much strange cock as she wants. I don't feel her pain. I just sense her arrogance and entitlement. Like her owes her a second chance. If her lover and the sex had been a wonderful romantic life changing experience she probably would have divorced him for her new man. She has buyer's remorse and wants her old dependable car she traded in back. Unfortunately its already been sent to the crusher.

They are both too stupid to ever be anyone's decent spouse. If she lost her foot in a car wreck which was her fault, she might become the most careful best driver in the world. But she'll never get her foot back.

Two sad stupid people, one who ruined what she had, and the other too timid or defeated to assert his worth and future happiness. They are both better off not ruining someone else's life.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
thank you

Thank you for this "part 2". It helped explain a lot and I am glad the family, in some way, was able to heal as best they can. It also shows how something like this can be so disruptive and I guess bring out the worst in people. Two damaged people that show their worst side. One unwilling or unable to forget and move on and the other not as repentant as you would be led to believe. This happens more often then we would all want to believe.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
He should move on

Why punish himself? He wasn’t the cheater. She is not worth throwing his life away. His self pity is actually pathetic.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
OK

This one was not dry. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To err is human, to forgive divine

Our narrator forgot, or is choosing to ignore, the second half of the quote. Yes, she made a mistake and admitted it. He should get off his high horse and forgive her - not necessarily take her back, but forgive her, because humans make mistakes. His rigidity says more about him lacking the ability to forgive - instead, he is still judging her. If God, per the Bible, is willing to forgive sinners who truly repent, then he should too.

notredame43notredame43over 4 years ago
he should move on

Sorry but her shit and her daughters are reasons to disown her ass period. He should find someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

If he was just going to waste his life then get back together. If not then move on. He simply is beyond my comprehension.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Forgiveness?

There is no law or rule saying you have to forgive and to say you can’t move on without forgiving is bullshit.

It’s been 40 years since my divorce, I’m remarried with kids and grandkids and very rarely think of my ex wife, I don’t hate her any more, hate is too tiring. But I sure as hell have never forgiven her and would take great delight in pissing on her grave, just as a statement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

Her starting and continuing to smoke cigarettes is another good reason to not get back with her. It's one thing to tolerate it when they were married. But now they are no longer legally entangled it's something else to consider. Frankly, it's a deal breaker for me.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Tough call.

Dave decided he was better without her even though she seemed pretty sincere by demonstrating actions worthy of a second chance.

Dave's call, but based on what I read, he made the wrong choice. Then again, he preferred living alone. Tough call for a one time slip.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Right choice, wrong ending

Five years and two kids into my first marriage, the bitch came to me one morning and said that she wanted a change - she wanted an "open marriage." She could have her fun, I could have my fun, and we could have fun together, sometimes.

Forget that a fairly attractive woman can walk into a bar and drink on someone else's tab, the whole night long - but I'd have to figure out how to carve some spare cash out of the budget for MY evenings out. The big deal was that I believed in monogamy and, if she didn't, that ended things. Went to my doctor and had the tests run for AIDS and STD's, and then saw an attorney.

Fast-forward 40 years. Been happily married to my second wife for going on 37 years now, the kids call HER "Mom," and we're doing wonderfully well. First wife died from AIDS 20 years ago, and the best revenge is living well. (Though, I really DID go and piss on the bitch's grave!)

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Dale's character is an idiot.

Shit or get off the pot.

Ooooh, but I still love her. Bullshit. If Dale was actually still IN love with her, then he would have reconciled.

I'm going to be miserable for the rest of my life...that'll show them all.

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm going to eat some worms..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow - good ending for cheating bitch wife.

Too bad he couldn't move on but the cheating wife got what she deserved.

Good read - so much better than the cuck shit that saturates this site.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
It wasn’t a “one time slip”. It was one time having sex.

It was +3months of a seduction (on her part), with all the attendant lies. The continual changing of her personality and physical appearance in the seduction was a daily “slip” away from their marriage. The coup de grace was the carefully planned day fucking away with the new beau. The sex itself, at that point, was just a cherry on-top of the cake.

Was he better off without her than with her? He obviously thinks so. It’s just too bad it nearly imploded the entire family.

I gave Part 1 4-stars. This final part IMHO deserves 5-stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"She needs closure, dad. Leaving her hanging like this is cruel." - They DO have closure, it's called divorce! "Leaving her hanging would be walking away and NOT divorcing.

The tractor repair guys couldn't push it out?

Since the house was paid for, he should have taken more out of their assets to make up for his share of the house.

"I was a virgin when we met and you were the only guy I was ever with sexually." - God, not THIS one again! Once again, if sex with your spouse is god, fuck, even if it isn't, what good can possibly come from finding out what it's like with someone else? What if the new person is miles better than your spouse? So what are you going to do about it?

He wasn't married when he dated those other girls. Excuse him for not "saving" himself for her!

IF he is ever to take her back, the fact that she dated, even had sex, while they were divorced should be a non-issue for him. I can't believe that it WOULD be an issue for him! If he is ready to date, and wants to date her, and if she's available, what she did while they were divorced shouldn't matter. If she wasn't a virgin when they got married, wouldn't he have still married her?

I don't like that he's sorry he didn't try to reconcile.

For someone who wants him back, she's giving him an awfully hard time.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 4 years ago
Thank you for not having a fairytale ending

No one reconciles after a divorce. I went out with my first wife a month after divorce and found I had nothing in common with her anymore (she cheated on me). Reconciliation after divorce never happens.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Great read

Really well presented chronicles of life. It’s easy to see his point of being mentally destroyed by her actions for life. Love that you didn’t sugar coat his loneliness. . Not so easy to believe she’d continue to pine for him after she realized he was gone. Any woman can have a parade of dick anytime she wants it provided she can demonstrate she’s not a psycho.

My main contention with the story was moving the second chapter out of LW to the non erotic category. The second chapter really provides the demon energy generated by cheating. This belonged in Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A different point of view

She is better off without him. He is in serious need of therapy. In real life he would be classified as suicidal. I find it interesting that commenters remember the vow of fidelity but never “in sicknesses and health until death...”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow while 8 disagree with him being alone

I agree with him. Ot taking the obnoxious cunt back. I've punished myself enough .. oh shit the fyck up please . He needs therapy to get past her shit though. 5 stats

TreymonTreymonalmost 4 years ago

It's the lies and betrayal and planning combined with the act that make it an absolute deal breaker for many. monogamous couple generally agree that infidelity is a deal breaker when they discuss boundaries. It isn't rocket science . It doesn't suddenly become not a deal breaker because one person wants to have extramarital sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was a sad and pathetic ending...

The husband was an ass... could not get over after so long even.. I feel the wife is better off away from him..good riddance to bad rubbish

natekit76natekit76over 3 years ago

very sad ending to their relationship. her decision for experience destroyed two people and hurt several others. I respect his decision as he would only bring pain into new relationships. like he said existing is all that is left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I've experienced what he did 34 years ago, and I divorce her, however I remained single and raised my daughter and son for the next 15 years and were actually very happy! I remarried after raising my children, and have been for 18 years now...

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Reality

I know are number of friends and one family member, a brother but I think everyone knows someone who falls into this category. People who have been hurt that bad they prefer to be alone for the rest of there lives, then to try to love and trust again. Very close to reality for a lot of people both male and female⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done, very realistic.

There's a lot of judging going on in these comments, lol. The husband should be shot, others think the wife should be shot. Don't know why the husband gets any criticism, she's the one who caused the divorce. Forgiveness and reconciliation are two separate issues. He was honest with her, she was dishonest with him.

Sounds like he simply prefers to be alone; nobody can hurt him. If that's so, why does that anger people? He's living his life the way he wants. He's experienced marriage at it's best and worst, he doesn't care to try again. At least not for now.

You can't tell people how to feel or how to react. Once you've betrayed them, their response is completely up to them, you no longer hold any sway over their decision. Good story. 5 stars.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

A few things

1/ Never let the slut "explain" you could fuck their mother and best friend in a three way and it wouldnt bother a woman as much as not being able to explain

2/ Only cucks want to hear about the sex

3/ Banging the girl who killed her boyfriends baby and then dumped him because he 'wouldnt get over it' at a time when no one was married is not the same and cheating on your husband

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

I am lost on this one. "Dale" wants to be alone? That is insane and not realistic. You can have a character as a psychiatric case but you did not indicate that in the rest of the story. So what is the point with that?

"Lisa" sounds a lot more reasonable to me although your "conversations" look like a monologue to me, I mean every character rationalizes the same way, which is obviously the input of a writer and not a developed character.

The "Dale" character will go off the cliff if "Lisa" resumes dating and he does not. That will be ultimate hurt and it is clear, given the healthy attitude of human beings, that the one that resumes dating will move on and the one that does not will be destroyed. So that is what "Dale" is looking for, his own total destruction.

The time for moralizations is over, the resumption of life is at stake. Reconcile or move on onto the others.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

By the way, your writing is not very careful. Your "Lisa" character offered confession in the first part that "Blake" was just like younger version "Dale" which is what she has fallen for. Yet in the second part she has a completely different rationalization, stereotypical "I wanted to feel diversity". That is in a complete conflict - do you want a copy or do you want a different experience?

In other words she is deceptive, either in the first confession or in her second confession. Which is? I do not think the author wanted such a dichotomy for "Lisa" but it is what it is.

Another thing, it is not realistic that "Blake" has not tried to get another fuck from "Lisa" so how is that is not discussed at all? 44-year-old woman is going high and dry for a year in hope of reconciling with a hubby that seems to be a basket case psychologically. That while being surrounded with female work colleagues that talk about nothing else than sex experiences. I think this part is moving away from anything realistic.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Brutal but a well written story. The guy has some degree (probably moderate to severe) Asbergers syndrome where everything is black and white. Yeah, someone real close to me is like that. Good guy and husband until an event triggers the distrust.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The wife's explanation is bullshit. Her efforts to try and equate husband's sex with other women prior to meeting her is also bullshit. Why did he bother to listen to all her crap? To keep his interfering daughter happy? When his position is that what she did is inexcusable, how could letting her "explain" possibly help him?

On the other hand, the husband is a robot, so this reader at least feels no sympathy or even empathy for him. His protracted misery is self-inflicted. Wife is available and unless he is utterly insecure or has a micro-dick, he could get it up and fuck ex-wifey. Better yet, he could find a widow or divorcee and try to develop some type of relationship, even if he never wished to remarry. He's neutered himself in his late 40s and there is nothing in this story to explain why he would do that.

Colorless, poorly written, a waste of time. 2**

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bro code and baby momma are two of the most denigrating terms anyone can use. I agree with him it was long term affair

But he should have sought counseling/therapy and went on with life. Breaking vows is a big failure and hard to get past as it includes love, respect,and trust. jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So she had stepped out on her husband and carried on with her secret shenanigan for six long months(that probably would have continued for some more if she hadn't been caught by her husband) but she has too much of "dignity" to beg for her husband's forgiveness directly. Now isn't that what a LADY does! Also her "explanation" was another piece of art. Hubby did a great job at allowing her the "closure" that she so richly "deserved."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the story very much. The wife had a curiosity and she had a six month-long affair to sate that. She lied to her husband and meticulously planned her affair so that the hubby could never find out about it and feel hurt. She can't be totally blamed for the divorce at least the hubby's inquisitiveness was partially responsible for the tragedy. So the daughter was absolutely right to chide her father and point out that he should allow her cheating mother some closure because if there's one person that deserved a closure in this world it's this lady. The wife explained her reasons (which are very sound btw) for sniffing behind her hubby's back and is finally able to move on. The hubby isn't that lucky but "regardless" it's not his wife's fault that he ends up as a pathetic loner. So what if her wife's betrayal led him to his disaster the wife is completely right in saying that "she has suffered enough" now SHE truly and rightly deserves some happiness in her life. Very "realistic" story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lesson from the story: if you don't allow your cheating wife any kind of closure and don't agree to let her "explain" to you why she shat on your marriage and/or even after listening to it you discard it all as nothing but 24 carat bullshit you may end up alone like this guy. And are you even living if you don't have a daughter like Kirsten to kick some sense in your Btb-loving head? ("Daddy even though mommy shat on your marriage and gave you a shitload of insecurity to last your lifetime I think you should let her C.L.O.S.U.R.E!") 5 fokking stars bro!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written but didn’t like the ending or the Dale character’s rigidity

TechumsahTechumsahover 2 years ago

She fucked up but regardless he is fucking douche. "Ohhh whaaa the love of my life cheated on me so I am going to be hermit and feel sorry for myself" Very few guys do this after a divorce ever. The grieve and move on. This Literotica cliché is right up there with the all black guys have huge cocks, the Martian slut ray and I cant trust anyone ever again. I am not saying he should take her back but go find someone or something. If not quit wasting space and off yourself. The more I think about it I am kind of disappointed because you set this up to be a believable reconciliation then probably dumped it in the last three paragraphs for either a good score or were worried some anon troll would call you a cuck.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 2 years ago

I get the daughters situation to see her parents get back together or put some closure to their situation but the hubby does not owe anyone anything, especially the cheater, only to absolve her of her guilt. The daughter should've stayed out of the situation a lil bit more. Sucks he lived a lonely life after while his ex and kids seemed to move on, but sometimes thats just how ppl like it i guess. Once the trust is gone, theres no getting that back completely.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Liked story but damn, just shut down and live a lonely life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Knew a man like this, he always reminded me of the walking dead. I am convinced even the food he shared with us while extremely tasty was tasteless to him. A joyless existence. However to each their own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I DISLIKED THIS BUT ONLY BECAUSE IT KINDA HURT.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 2 years ago

There truly is a difference between being Alone and Lonely. Truly Dale is Lonely as his Happiness and Wellbeing was dependent on others namely his ex wife, And once those external influences were denied to him he was set adrift.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dale should have moved on and let go of the tramp completely. I know many men that have divorced cheating wives and moved on to find someone genuine and became happy, but they all say it took a hell of a lot of effort. This story is to encourage men to simp and stay married to a cheating pig or die lonely and depressed, but those options are only for those that never fully let go, so let go and work hard on being happy after you permanently kick the ex crap to the side.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He may have been wronged, but the character comes across as a pious, self-righteous arsehole.

And he knew something was wrong, but allowed it to go beyond the point of no return, which makes the character a passive -aggressive idiot as well.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprisealmost 2 years ago

So much pain loved the writing and the story line every action has consequences but not everyone has one that is so harsh or such finality

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story, very well told by the way, has one element I detest and this the absurd notion of "closure". He was in a good position as regards acceptance of his actions and his rwasons for them. End of story. Period.

Her need for closure was total BS. That was a tool cooked up by her and her daughter help her get her ex back. It was a transparent, cheap and disrectful bit of deception. ZERO integrity.

As for his choice to stay alone, well, I think he needed therapy. He committed emotional suicide and that is a choice he made and in which she had no hand in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The bitch was a cheater, the Guy was a spineless WIMP. Once a cheater always a cheater. She was a dick “hunter”. Planning her lies and cheating for months … No revenge on Blake!!! What a shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written story, but yes it did hurt. Aren't we so fortunate that God forgives us all. It certainly appears that the wife was remorseful and regret her sin as a flawed human. Most likely if the husband did forgive his desperate wife, he would have regained the love of a longtime spouse and his children and future grandchildren. Instead, he became a bitter, lonely and stupid old man. Story should be a 5, but had to give a 4 because you made the husband an unforgiving sanctimonious self-righteous idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad writer! Poor story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Disgusting male protagonist! What a fucking POS!!! God thing he ends up alone and miserable! Hope he dies alone too! The kids need to take him out of any relationship else his negative energy will pull down their happiness too!! Definately keep this miserable human being away from the grandkid’s !!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 1 year ago

A sad two-part story. Nicely written, but still sad. I can understand both POVs. I half expected Lisa to commit suicide, because while Dale can live, with some difficulty, without Lisa, she could not live without Dale. Not saying the author should have gone in that direction, just that I thought that may have been a possible ending.

-

Thank-you

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A whole lot of truth in how people treat each other, badly! Maybe has a lot to do with our dependency on very old POV's written over two thousand years ago. The fragile ego is an indication of a sick soul. 5 Big Stars in highlighting the weakness in most characters. [think about it before dismissing please]

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great final line.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story & return from the 1st part. Shame they couldn't work things out to try again. Tragedy that they're alone. Last line of the story is golden. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another heartless CUNT (make that 2, daughter so no better) hubby is a loser for keeping the CUNTS in his life. It just makes him miserable. He needs to cut them out and live and enjoy life. Move as far south as possible. Key West is a nice spot and he could find many things to enjoy.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

God that woman is a cunt

"Dont you see honey, you having sex with the girl who killed your best friends baby AFTER he dumped her for killing his baby and he wanted nothing more to do with her is the same as me cheating on you, so why cant you just roll over and be a cuck already?"

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

1 star. While the attempt at apology from the bitch daughter was encouraging, she was STILL not making a clear difference who was at fault. She has done nothing to punish her motgher - like say, 3-4 months of ghosting the bitch for every month she ghosted her father who **had done nothing wrong**.

And I hate that the author decided to give a depressing ending to protagonist. Yes it's not unrealistic, but reading about bitter old single guy with no join in life who had done nothing to deserve it, isn't why I come to this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why did you make him a loner? You turned him from a logical man to an ilogical nitwit. One can always ask for help, seek counselling and move on with ones life.

Ganymede69Ganymede69over 1 year ago

Damn that ended depressing as hell.

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

There are a lot of people out there like Dale that are simply incapable of getting by being wronged. In many ways, it's just a way of making sure that they won't be hurt again. Good Story, 4.5 Stars for me.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

"I know, but our calls were clinical, almost business-like.” Your writing style seems to reflect this quote from the daughter.

“Sometimes when the hurt is that overpowering, existing is all that is left.” I don’t think this came through in the sequel. Experience shows that time modifies all pain. Dale’s character seems to have been nurturing the pain and his love for Lisa was not as great as her love for him.

A somewhat disappointing ending.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Another sad egotistical male, who would rather live a miserable lonely existence than bury his pride and give the woman he loves another chance. The only winners are the BRB brigade who frequent these stories, mostly men, they hate women, this ending will have given them an ' hard on '. I know I will get slated, but I won't lose a wink of sleep. It's the worst of its type that I have read on this site 2*

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Useless follow up; it does nothing to resolve anything. Waste of time reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well worth a 4.

Didn't get a 5 because Blake got off scot free.

Contrary to some comments it was not a useless follow up. Something did come out of it: Lisa finally met reality: what she broke could not be fixed.

How the hell she expected to build a "justification" by claiming she's missed out, that she'd been the good one by overlooking his experiences with his previous girlfriends beggars belief.

Then the selfish arrogance that she offered with "could he date her in a year or two's time if she'd dated and been intimate with others" just went right off the stupidity scale.

The cold reality of life was that having found soulmates neither of them were too likely to find another one in this life (unlike the way it usually happens on LW). So single and lonely into old age awaits both of them because she didn't place her marriage above the modern notion that bedevils so many women that they have "entitlement to sexual experiences as a sport" alongside their married life,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. I wonder if another chapter, where they both want to live again, date each other, and remarry just before their first grandchild is born? She's not gonna live long anyway, from the way it's described, she's a chain smoker... 10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good tale,well thought out and written. The actions and decisions made by your characters as you presented them are realistic and true life which made this story a success. Realism is what makes fiction work. It is nice you did not make an issue of revenge on Blake,though he should not made himself available to a married woman,you obviously are one of the authors that understands a woman controls the sex or affair whether it happens or not, just by a simple yes or no,a husband or would be lover just takes whats offered. She says NO! nothing happens..Most husbands already know this...5 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad story. Her rationalizations are terrible and she really needs therapy. But so does Dale. Two hurt people with a destroyed marriage. Both are in pain.

BlakkdannBlakkdannabout 1 year ago

Sounds exactly like my little bro case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Guess I see enough heartache and loneliness in real life to wish that fictional loving relationships can somehow heal. But that's re the plot.

The writing is consistently good, personalities defined, actions explainable as taking place in context, unfolding plot development at a good, steady pace.

Nothing but positives. Still...chapter 3?

Well done. Keep writing.

MLJ

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

Sad but realistic

It's a shame so many women don't understand what they're throwing away for "a little curiosity." But of course it's because they feel safe and in control of & smarter than the man they're with, and like they don't really have to respect him.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Well told story. I strongly disagree with the ending however I feel that Dale has aright to be lonely, rigid and well stupid. Lisa made a mistake. She didn't get away with her actions. She is now in the zone of unfulfilled and should date and fuck again. Being honorable to the point of numbness is psychologically very unhealthy. Lisa will come out of her self made funk. Dale will be stoic and probably die alone. Cheaters usually cheat again but Lisa's attitude seems like she might not. Again well told story and hope you do more.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - ONCE&DONE - NO second chance

The MC did the right thing by divorcing the cheating, lying, skanky, SLUT - because it took months to set up. She planned it, she executed it and now she has to live with the consequences. SHE destroyed her family.

She should have really known her husband's inner most thoughts, point of view and feelings, especially, after 20 years. It was a pretty lame attempt to try and justify her infidelity behind the 'I was a virgin when we got married' line of crap. I also believe her re-starting to smoke, killed whatever was left of their 'spark'. I could never even talk to someone who was a smoker, let alone kiss one and we both quit 46 years ago.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Her affair broke Dale. It happens. At least he had the self awareness to recognize he was broken.

.

Too bad Lisa wasn’t able to move on.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

i'd rather exist than live with some syphilitic hoe

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed it, very sad however. She broke him, I understand where he comes from, pity the slut didn’t think of that in the 1st place

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hard to describe why this story hit me hard. Extremely well written, open communication, and a man whose life was altered but not shattered. I was going to scream if they reconciled in the end. It was the perfect ending. Too many stories where the venetian infidelity neutralizer raygun is shot at the husband. As I wrote, it was the perfect ending here that it "misfired"!

ohyessssssohyessssss9 months ago

Helen1899 , everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your comment just makes me wonder how many times you have stepped out on your man. And, how many times have you been married. I’d bet more people than not don’t share your sentiment. But, like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Helen, it ceases to amaze me, that the same women who are eager to crucify a guy who cheats, turn back around if the tables are turned, and say the guy should just take it? Cheating, is cheating. Once a partner does that, the relationship is permanently damaged. The best thing to do, is divorce and move on. But he good news is, you will still have your 7 cats! And they won’t care, if you shave your fat legs,

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

Blah, blah, blah. just hard to believe that neither one of them finds someone else, a new relationship, etc.

MrBill323MrBill3235 months ago

Okay story But not happy with the ending Too sad

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well that went off the rails. Ignoring the fact that he is willfully choosing to "exist" and be lonely in his pain (he needs therapy to move on or get closure at least), her whole screed about him having sex before they got married and hearing it from his (cruel) sister, really took it on a weird direction.

She also was less than fully honest about what happened with Blake that day (it wasn't one time, it was premeditated and entire day, so multiple times), but he was Old Testament and couldn't get over what he imagined them doing. At one point she exclaimed vociferously in Chapter 1 that Blake was nor better in any way. But how can he trust her? And he has insecurities. Bad enough that he now never wants to intimate with anyone. Some people are like that. He was honest that he could not forget. He isn't built that way.

Besides she knew he was upset when his long time girlfriend Carol cheated on him and ended their relationship. After so many years she should know how he feels about adultery. But she did it nonetheless for the stupidest of reasons.

Is it forgivable? Sure, for most people. Is it reconcilable? Depends on the marriage, their history, the circumstances, where they are in life, and the personality of the aggrieved spouse (i.e. the MC). In this case circumstances were not good (quest for bigger penis, she seduced Blake, younger guy, fully premeditated, would it really have been one and done, and spent all day). It wasn't a drunken fling. It wasn't under stress or blackmail. She wasn't even seduced or manipulated. She felt entitled to break her vows and step out of their marriage for a day, not to mention the emotional cheating. Wtf?

Her excuse was she thought she wouldn't be caught and swears it would only have been the one time (how to know?) and Blake was NOT better in any way (that seemed to ring true). Maybe she believes her own tripe about Blake being a younger (but bigger) version of the MC. Would love to see how a therapist dissected that one, but of course she never went.

Yes she never dated for a year for gear it would kill off reconciliation. But it was already over. The big deciding factor was pure and simple: his personality and his perception of her betrayal and no possible future. It is a story. Some people, men or women, are simply wired that way.

Many might be able to work through a one time fling, though her emotional affair, planned seduction, and premeditated f$ckery for a day make that quite challenging, but it would be a lot of work: therapy, counseling, separation, arguing, etc. All they did is separation and some minimal communication. If she really wanted to reconcile, not dating is NOT enough. When she sees how he is adamant for divorce then she needed to step the *bleep* up. Therapy. Heal the rift with the kids by taking FULL responsibility. Send emails. Beg on the phone. Show up on his doorstep crying. Drive three hours to bring him a gift. Don't let him get inured to his pain and being content to just freaking "exist".

While her staying celibate is part of a commitment to reconcile, by no means is it enough in a passive sense to overcome the MC's pain and lack of trust. That is how he is buikt and she should have known better when she planned all her crap. Too bad. So sad. Don't cheat. Regardless I think many couples with a lot of hard work coukl get past this though arguably marriage would not be the same state as before. But again only with a lot of angst, work, and anger. His imagination making impossible to be intimate with her again suggests he has some mental fixation problems. Seriously, post divorce, get laid multiple times. Get a therapist.

As an aside: the well established LW trope that women with little to no sexual experience before marriage being more inclined to cheat is exactly dead wrong and opposite of reality. Large scale psych studies show that for both married men and women, the more extensive their pre-marital sex experience with other partners, the more easily and quickly they become disappointed in their marital sex life, which can increase cheating. And it isn't even close. Just another tiresome trope in LW stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This man should be ashamed of his daughter, what a effin retard she turned out to be

usaretusaretabout 1 month ago

Not at all happy with this story’s ending. It is, after all said and done, fiction. There’s enough sadness in todays world without finding unforgiving minds and hearts here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous