All Comments on 'Burned by Smoke'

by ctdans

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Well written

Perhaps you could have included a reaction from Lisa to the husband's speech.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rare story

It sounds real. No hysterics, no revenge plot. Simply a sad tale of a bad decision and it's inevitable results.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

one fuck up ruins it all

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good story

Another idiot cheating wife who didn't know why it happend, but she loves her husband. I don't like the she's your mother even if she is a cheating whore line. Same for the old male who that can't accept a little fling. I like your stories Mr Dans, finally a new author with the ability to write a story instead of a sex scene.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 4 years ago
A Good Story.

Been there. Done that. Still carry the scars.

The one thing I'm pleased to see is that your protagonist threw her out of the master bedroom. So many writers seem to feel that the wronged partner -- usually the husband in these stories -- should move out of the master bedroom and into the guest bedroom when these breakups occur.

Well done. I hope to see more of your work in the near future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Here is how it ends

The minute she fucked blake it ended. You just haven't moved on enough to let it die.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Not bad for first story

Moved along well. However the wife was hit by the proverbial “martian slut ray”, which is always a head scratcher and doesnt really give us males the closure we need. 4*.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
Rigid

Good forceful delivery & good writing style: it matched his personality.

However, I found his inflexibility annoying. I hoped he would grow, and develop, but it didn't happen.

Personally, I'd hate to be with someone so hide-bound. Perhaps she is better off with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yes and no.

First off, I'm not the Grammar Police, but after you lectured us a little in your opening and asked for "contrastive criticism" I did start the story off with a laugh. The story itself was standard cheating wife stuff. Neither good nor bad. And while I enjoy a good BTB story, if RAAC makes sense, then that's good too. But all you did was stake his decision on his ego, which I don't think played well. Most Judges would require some counseling after that many years of marriage. And in many cases counseling can save a marriage. But your story made a beeline to divorce without much conversation. I missed that part. The kids picking sides was, also, no surprise. Kids have feelings too. Not a bad story, but just not very entertaining.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good riddance

She is bat-shit-crazy.

To think that everything was OK because she thought 'Blake' was really her husband of 20 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too verbose

Bo Derrek not Derrick. That is something a minimal check can discover, you cannot be that lazy if you want to be considered an "author."

The long talk the hero gives his wife is typical of LW cliche stories - turning a thought into imagined talk. The main problem of the story is that it is all talk. Lisa talks about cheating and the main hero talks everything else. No action of any kind, just blabbety-blab. Not much.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

The intro was good, but the confrontation was basically just a monologue from the husband. If the wife loves him like she claimed she did, I can't see her sitting in silence and letting him lecture her about cheating being like alcoholism. A good confrontation scene should have plenty of interaction from them both.

The ending was sad too. Lisa's fucking around destroyed their family and polarised their kids. I found that more tragic than the death of this marriage.

The husband was in great shape, had money, and a good career... replacing the slut would have been easy, especially with him being a runner. This should have ended with him meeting a sporty younger woman, and the wife pining away for her ex-husband who is now disgusted by her... until she dies of lung cancer.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
I've read this before

Is this a reposting or did you possibly post it on another site?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Comments

@Anonymous Re: Too verbose - "Derrek not Derrick." If you're going to correct someone, better get it right! It's "Bo Derek"!

@Bepop3 Re: Read before - Based on this from the intro: "I did have others on another hosting site offer comments and critique," maybe that's where you saw it. I just checked, it's on SOL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
lol, another story where society doesn't get 'ego'

ego is self worth. sometimes taken to obnoxious heights. but a fragile ego doesn't forgive and forget. a healthy ego is good. it places value of both parties. why be with someone you don't value? a weaker man/woman would simply try to forgive and forget. strength is accepting reality. a reality where someone betrayed you, or you betrayed someone. it's weakness that tries to pretend what happened, didn't happen. or that what happened, 'is no big deal'. and it is weakness that says, 'i just want to go back...to when everything made sense'...like his ex wife wants to do.

the husband HAS a strong/ healthy ego. maybe not perfectly healthy, but he's removed someone that didn't value him. she cannot undo her estimation. she cannot walk that back. she's cheated both emotionally and physically. what's worse, she tried to downplay everything. i'll give her a pittance of points for finally confessing. but she's become 'the bad guy' no one wants to be 'the bad guy'. it's not a good feeling. i would know. owning it completely is the best option. she should be trying to convince her daughter, but isn't doing that. she clearly hasn't grown enough for any future relationship, let alone one with her ex.

the wife....she's clearly got a weak ego. i would wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed? what if she never cheated, but he did? what if he used the excuse, "i found a younger version of you, only more cute/petite" i truly wonder how she'd react. would society label her ego fragile....if she divorced him? i'm genuinely curious. i wonder how differently the daughter would react.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WHAT AN IDIOT HUSBAND STORY

Suspects an affair for MONTHS! Does nothing to confirm or deny his suspicions until his wife rubs it in his face! Husband doesn't persue any action against wife's company or her lover! What a wimp ass story!!!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Something different

Yes, some events here are sorta your standard 'caught-the-wife-cheating' tropes, but the author managed to come up with some curveballs I didn't see coming.

The directness of the MC here was refreshing. There truly wasn't any bullshit with Dale - he sees what he sees, believes what he believes and does what is RIGHT FOR HIM. The second there was some evidences that his wife was playing around, he didn't play games - he just confronted her straight away. Which I guess is why Lisa told him the truth from the get-go - knowing him for so long, she must have realized that she couldn't play him anymore, and hope confessing of her affair would be truthful enough to gain his forgiveness. Again, really glad to see the MC not buying that whole "he looked like you!" nonsense she tried to spin, and that he immediately knew and accepted that the relationship they once had was indeed over. Honestly, I'm so used to LW protagonists dragging their feet, after adultery, that reading about one decidedly walking out of his dead marriage is kinda shocking!

Another curveball was their kids' reactions to all this. Usually, how grown children reacts to their parent divorced is quite in sync with one another - they both take the same side or act like a neutral party in the divorce, somehow continuing their relationship with each parent. Not here though - the siblings' reactions are so vastly different from each other, you start to wonder whether or not those two are even still on speaking term! One ghosted his mom; the other only contacts her dad to call him an ass... You got to wonder how those two could ever have a civil conversation with each other after the divorce. Which caused to show yet again: when you cheat on your spouse, you actually cheat on your whole family, since your actions, when discovered, will affect all of them, most probably negatively.

The only truly issue I can find here is the lack of descriptive emotional throughout it. We got some instances of Lisa crying over her lost, but not as much as you would expect from a woman who left her house in the morning, happily married (or, at least, her version of it...), and came back, in the evening, to find out she killed her marriage. It's not as bad as Dale, though - I can get him going for the kill right here and there, after his wife's confession, but him never reacting to the lost of his family? I mean, if he was truly upset about it all, it certainly didn't feel like it - Lisa's betrayal and their breakup becomes of it felt more like a inconvenience to him, an annoyance he had to deal with before getting on with his life. As a reader, I'm not down with men crying all the time, like some authors seems to love to do, but, hey... Dale must had felt pain, lost, SOMETHING over it all, right? You should have told us about it, ctdans.

But this was still good. Enough wrinkles from the usual to be well worth reading.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
A slice of real life

This is how things generally play out in the real world, not the make believe of most tales.

5/5 for realism

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"We were becoming a couple," and she thinks that's NOT an emotional affair?

"I won't cheat again!" - So, now she's admitting that she was cheating.

Sorry, I don't buy the idea that there's a "cheater gene" just waiting to express itself, and you never know when it might come out again. They've been married 22 years with no sign of it, if they go another 22 years, she'll be 66. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt that she's learned her lesson. Plus, if we believe her, it was lover boy's similarity to hubby that attracted her. What are the chances that she'll run into another guy that looks like hubby?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I thought...

...this was well written, and a pretty realistic take on this situation. Would have liked to hear the wifes reaction after he said they were divorcing. Well done. 5 stars..thanx!

Loklie

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 4 years ago
Good but under developed

Good STORY with lots of potential. But way too short with under developed characters. You had an opportunity to give us the wife's perspective in more detail, to exploit her character, and for us to learn about the scumbag wife stealer. Then you had another opportunity to tell us how the wife fared post divorce. You also lost points on the apparent lack of emotion. It sounded like a straight narration. You might be able to redeem the STORY with a follow up.

So, overall I enjoyed the STORY but felt that it left me wanting more.

gordo12gordo12over 4 years ago
This brings back one of the weirdest moments of my life

I started with a new company and attended a training meeting. There was a girl sitting across the table from me and she stared at me all morning. It got a little uncomfortable. At lunch she came up to me and apologized. Apparently I looked like her boyfriend, talked like him, had the same mannerisms etc. She couldn't get over it. She wanted to introduce us. I mean how often do you get to meet your doppelganger.

She phoned in the next morning and quit. I never knew why. But for years after I expected to run into myself at some point.

So it puts some credence into your story plot for me.

So yes, there were some errors. Welcome to the club. I can read mine a hundred times and the minute they're posted...How blind could I have been to miss that!

Anyway a decent effort for a decent second story. Congrats!

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Kind of a big "so what" reaction

Husband's talk was not a chat. It was a monologue. Nobody can talk that long, saying the things he said without the other person at least attempting to speak or argue.

In the end the story was too vanilla and normal. If I want to read humdrum everyday life, we have the news. Stories should entertain.

It started out ok, but died the moment the wife started talking. The story is husband catches wife in a lie, she confesses to an affair, they divorce.

Funny thing is, hubby says he is not the kind of guy to let things go on for months, but he did! If he had asked her about tvd smoking and nails early, she may have come to her senses. He could have saved his marriage. He could not be bothered to have a real conversation and open communication. So, he let her cheat, then dumps her.

KB

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
Physical affair revelation was awkward

She claims it was an emotional affair and he acts like she confessed to a physical one. There needed to be more from her than “it won’t happen again” because she never admits to fucking him when she clearly did. Having missing panties and not doing anything with that fact was a missed opportunity- he could’ve confronted her on that to make her admit to the physical affair and it would’ve worked way better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Job

The wife's excuse was creative. Interesting plot and well written, so 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A good start

This was a really good start to a good take but like most of the comments, I felt this lacked depth. Either flesh out the cheating or dig deeper on a possible reconciliation. Not everyone is a fan but without either this story just felt half done. You’ve read enough stories, don’t you hate when the ending feels rushed? Having said that, I very much hope your next story is an improvement. You really do have a gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good until end fir deciding cuck reconciliation

Thinking about getting back with slut? No!

Daughter you did everything for shaming and disowning you as the aggrieved party? No!

Kick both skanks to curb for good. Own group preference and no morals shows you'll never win and can never trust them.

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Emotionless and boring

Nothing interesting about this. There is nothing emotional, just a long-winded monologue instead of a confrontation. Maybe if he talked to her early on, she would not have cheated.

Too generic.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A sad little tale

Well written, could have been developed a bit more though.

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

I like it a lot - it is straight forward to the point, he is absolutely right on. He's and engineer and thinks logically. I'm not sure she wanted to spread her legs for +20yrs but she did and now has after the fact has remorse. She just had to have her cake and eat it too - keep him as the old shoe but try a new shoe for feel/fit. Wives...

I really like this story - it nails it.... I just hope he now takes a cruise and finds the replacement. As far as daughter, wait till he husband cheats on her, and watch how she flips her priorities. The son, well he's just giving mom some deserved pain, but when grandkid comes his wife will put a foot on him. Hooyah, salute 5*...

kiteareskitearesover 4 years ago
I wonder

What the narrator thought knowing that if he had spoken with her about the smell of smoke that would have possibly saved his marriage. Something had obviously changed, was he hoping it would be marriage ending?

Would also have been nice knowing why Lisa actually ended up doing the dirty. She agreed that all this "younger you" stuff was BS, so what was it all about?

As for being made out to be the villain by his daughter... make sure you tell her (future) husband that she condones wives cheating and thinks husbands should accept being cuckolds. It's always best to be truthful, isn't it?

A simple, sad, slice of life that would have been helped by some more detail and perhaps some more feeling. That said, right up to the admission, I had a feeling she had just started smoking again and was too ashamed to tell him. I think there would have been more signs and definitely more smell on her clothes. Since I gave up I can tell smokers from 10 paces, just from the smell.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
really?

sorry, no one waits that long to talk to their spouse. and the daughter, if she really was daddy's little girl, would drop him if the mother cheated.

cpetecpeteover 4 years ago
A good tale but...

Did ctdans bait the hook for part II by writing on how daughter was on the outs with Dad and siding with cheating Mom? Will daughter change her tune if her hubby cheats or her hubby bails on her due to daughters low opinion of fidelity...? could be good follow up...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It feels like it could happen . The percentage of a married person cheating during their marriage for both the man and woman is sky high. The work force is the place where there is the most opportunity, time and cover to lower the chances of getting caught. This guy we knew started working at a big company that another friends mother worked at for years. He found out that a few guys were fucking her regularly over the years so he approached her one day told her he knew and the only way it was staying a secret was if he had his turn. She didn’t want to but also didn’t want a destroyed family after 30 years so she gave in . He often fucks her and shows video and pics to his friends. He loves to fuck her in the ass and make her say how she loves her sons friends cock. Just a small example of the cheating on the job. You will alway see PI’s outside of the hotels in nyc. Let’s not leave out people who travel for work . They have the easiest cover and minimum chance of getting caught.

ttom76ttom76over 4 years ago
Good job!

There have been some thoughtful comments that I hope you take to heart. Change the diatribe to a conversation, have her interrupt, challenge the cheating gene idea.

What I find funny is the comment about taking so long to act. I agree somewhat with them. You could have had him ask about each one and then have her deliver a convincing lie. 'We sometimes eat outside so one of the girls can smoke." "Yeah, I know, the nails aren't me. I'm sorry that I gave in to my stylist."

However, very few give a comment when a guy hires a PI, even after he has enough evidence for him! Maybe some were put off that you didn't have a huge plan to catch her doing the dirty, or BTB.

20 or so years ago, a book entitled, "Adult Children of Divorce Speak Out." showed how much the divorce of a child's parents can cause huge issues even for adult children. The kids reactions were somewhat extreme but understandable.

Thanks! I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Yeah

Daughter is dead to me even I was dumb enough to reconcile w wifey. Be sure and tell daughter’s husband how she feels about husbands staying w wives who cheat.

Probably could have moved quicker on intervention but what the hell, find a young Pinay, maker her sign a pre nup and have a big time.

Story seemed a little dry but it wasn’t a bigguy33 cuck fest so good job

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not much to say, Dale didn’t give a inch. She cheated and he could not forgive her

She did the 40 thing about getting older and going after a younger guy. The husband could so easily blow off 20 year of a marriage without trying to make it work. 2kids grown up and on their own choosing sides. A sad story with a poor resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
pride? what's pride got to do with it?

That's just what manipulative sows say to control men using cowardly means.

There's no truth there. The truth is men marry for fidelity and nurturing. Women marry for protection and financial stability. Both marry for youthful genes, and a likable companion. What does serial cheating do to that equation?

Is she faithful still? No. Is she nurturing still? No, she's engaging in toxic and abusive behaviors towards him. Is she still a likable companion? Hard to like the person that would betray you often, and with no real remorse. She tried to justify it over and over! She couldn't even say, "Yup, what I did was totally my fault. You deserve better than that, fuck, I'm sorry."

Men are proud of their status. Their own two hands or their deep analytic minds. They put blood equity into those things. Men are proud of their children. Teaching them right from wrong. Men aren't proud of their wives! Wives are grown ass adults, they aren't extensions of a man's being. He can LOVE her, he can CHERISH her, he can PARTNER with her. But none of that involves pride, nor ego. If a man ties his self worth into a woman's approval, he's either an emotional child or some battered spouse. Women and men batter their spouses emotionally all the time to control them. Women prattle on about trust, independence, pride, bruised egos. Men will call their wives useless without me, fat, ugly, ditzy, emotional. It's just emotional blackmail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF!!!!...

Daughter is completely off her meds. Why the hell does she think her father should live a tortured life. As another commented, she would be dead to me and I would let anyone stupid enough to propose to her know her stand on cheating sluts.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Would have liked more

I would have liked to see more back and forth. She never got much chance to argue back. I know her arguments would be hollow but it would have been fun to see her try to defend it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
And the kissy hound

And the slimebag gets away with it Again . He's most likely a serial Cunt. Needs his Dick cut off .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A younger you...Bull Shit........

You get to see how a husband picks up on the little things to figure out his wife is cheating...I love that he charged right in and called her out...he did listen to her bull shit and laughed at it...and the only big let down here is...He states it's over...he wants the divorce...but you never really get an idea of what she goes through when she's served...I want to know what's going on in her mind...after all this story is about her cheating...not the hubby....this is a big let down when it comes to this story.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Did you not read the story wargamer

When she came home and went to the shower, she had just returned from getting fucked and admitted it. Go back and read the fucking story. And understand it wasn’t just the one time sex. It was the emotional affair that she actively pursued and rationalized. Damn you are an idiot cuck.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 4 years ago
Wow.

This went to fast for me, from her confessing to him asking for a divorce.His decisions came to fast and to practiced. She never had a chance to say anything other than to confess her wrongdoing. So maybe the daughter is right. this man seems to have rushed everything instead of trying anything, something. Well I just couldn´t agree with the ending to the story.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

Hopefully the whore daughter gets cheated on

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not much happening here

Wife cheats, husband divorces her. No consequence for the other guy, no revenge against the wife, no attempts at reconciliation (not that I would have liked that anyway) and nothing really happens except that the kids take different sides.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fairly basic story nothing new. However, I agree with the daughter his ego is why they divorced. This should have been a classic reconciliation story. Didn't even get into the emotional turmoil of cheating/divorce with the story. Wasn't worth the read.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Good story. My only complaint, and this may not hold for everyone, is that the longer you're married the harder it is to let go. He went from thinking she was smoking on the sly to knowing about the affair in a matter of minutes and already had an appointment with a lawyer in the time it took for her to shower. In reality, the pain is much worse (or was for me) and it takes a long time to cut the ties. Also, the daughter is nuts to attack her father that way. So I don't buy into the story, but I did enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

He sure likes to himself talk.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Need to monitor the daughter and make sure that any boyfriend knows she thinks cheating is okay.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 3 years ago

I just can't get into the characters who don't think of a "second chance". What has he got to lose? If she cheats again, there's always time to get the divorce. If she doesn't, it may well take time to get over it. But they've got plenty of time. There's always the "trust" issue that rears its ugly head in stories like this. So he gives it another shot and has to stay on his toes and she (if she's serious) has to go out of her way to make him happy. Maybe they'll even find something positive in the situation. Maybe they'll take up something new together and build something good. It will never be the same, but maybe it'll be different and have its own rewards. If Lisa was in the middle of a long term relationship with another guy or if there had been a string of infidelities I probably wouldn't think this way. But one time with one guy? It's worth a shot. after 20 years together. I always say that the author has the right to play out his tale anyway he/she wants and i shouldn't try to rewrite the story. I'm just throwing in some different thoughts on the morality and the practicality of the plot. Once in a while we read a LW story where forgiveness is the theme of the tale and if it's done right I really like to see people struggle out of a difficult situation and come out ahead. One strike and you're out doesn't appeal to me and in real like it doesn't make sense. You'll notice that very often the woman protagonist is far more willing to give a second chance. I wonder why that is? Sounds like a double standard to me. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should have confronted her when smoky smell first noticed, may have nipped affair before it got started

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Couldn't get into this one at all. I didnt feel any real emotion from the wife's side of the tale. His side felt nearly as empty as her's.

As for the idiot who has no issue with handing out a second chance....no sane person sets themselves up to be hurt again by the same person. Because, believe it or not MENSA man, his emotions would still be there, even knowing it could happen again and he would have to let his emotions free if they were to really work out. A wiser man than you Overcritical cant possibly exist.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

OK, I know you are a decent writer but I do have a problem with few things:

1. Hubby detects smoke a number of times and he does not want to talk about that with "Lisa"? That is out of character that you described further. If only for health reasons.

2. Son/daughter emotional switch does not make sense, I feel you used that simply for originality. You need to explain daughter's emotional switch - is she doing the same as her mother?

3. Lack of emotional reaction in wife when she recounts her cheating, you lost me on that one. What kind of psychopath can behave that way. She must be fully aware that her marriage is in shambles if it is at all possible to save it. To have her trying to be truthful is OK but to have her going for full account of her cheating like filing taxes without emotions is bizarre. Perhaps she is a psychopath but your story does not indicate that.

4. Hubby character is very rational after faced with cheating, in the very same day. That is also a bit bizarre. It is possible but it is hard to buy.

Again, I appreciate your writing, and I am no fan of 95% of the stuff on LE but there are some holes in this story. Keep on writing.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Just felt like one long soapbox monologue. Agree with the other commenters that some actual emotion would've gone a long way to humanising the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yep, I am inclined to have a similar opinion as Overcritical stated in their comments. Sometimes forgiveness is warranted, divorce is not off the menu and certainly still in season at the absolutely smallest hint of infidelity. True, he should not have to worry about keeping a critical eye peeled regarding his wife. In that vein, he could tell her she is on notice, lay out her new rules to live by and state that he is divorcing her for breaking any of them, even a single rule. He could state unnamed countermeasures are in play, that if any unusual activity happens, will result in divorce. Things such as cloning her phone, GPS on the vehicles, audio-visual security devices in the homes, Lifelock account to observe if she opens up a new bank account or credit card. She could also retire or ask to be placed in a different work situation where her lover has no contact, she could ask close friends at work to hold her accountable and help her ward off contact situations with him. She should be on notice the rest of her life! It should be her penance, not her husband's. How much he does or doesn't do is up to him but she should know he has the right to keep tabs and drop her like a hot rock!

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 2 years ago

Hey CT, So I saw your comment on my story and decided to see what you had posted. I really enjoyed this story. You started the story off by saying you wanted to write what you thought would happen if a man ACTUALLY found out his wife was cheating. And I think you accomplished that. It wasn't heroic and I'm not gonna lie and say it was the best thing I've ever read. But it was damned good. I look forward to reading the rest of your library. And I hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yet another story about a metnally challenged juvenile who perceived himself to to be "a man", and all the self-righteous BS that came along...

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

What a sickening pathetic excuse for a main character and a "story". The only one with the internal fortitude to do what's right and the only one I respect is the son.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wife cheats and husband divorces her and for some reason its the mans fault, this male ego bullshit. Lisa is a sickening pathetic excuse for a human being and got kicked to the curb like she damn deserved.

All those that stick up for the cheating filth Lisa, are cunts themselves that hate men who hold women accountable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Divorce is his only option, if a woman cheats on she will definitely do it again this is a fact. The main character showed an incredible amount of kindness and forgiveness by only wanting a 50/50 split, and encouraging his son to see the cheating scum, but staying married would not be forgiveness but stupidity so he chose right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done! FINALLY someone got i right!

"I don't love you now. I love the girl I asked to marry me and believed that's who she is,right up to now when I found out she turned into a fantasy"[sorry, paraphrased

]

No nonsense accepting her nonsense "explaination. Also, he couldn't accept living with her under the fear of when is the next time.

Solid man, very solid!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This comment from below,,

Yet another story about a metnally challenged juvenile who perceived himself to to be "a man", and all the self-righteous BS that came along..."

How in the hell can you write him off and totally forgive her? You have zero compassion for his pain.

This leads me to conclude your are a cuck or misandrous feminist. Seems your take is,"I can cheat all I want and you must suck it up and "forgive me".

Total tripe! Yes, please do hear derision toward your point of view.

Shaglus_ZieglerShaglus_Zieglerover 1 year ago

Very interesting. Tough. Not sure I’d have handled it the same. I’m weird enough to possibly have found some kinky way through it. I respect your way though too. I do find women smokers attractive. Lol. Good luck.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Another story where the guy notices bad changes and doesn't do shit about it. Unexplained behavioral changes need to be addressed. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess you ended up, with what you started out to write, an average story. I am sure every day 100’s of people end their marriages, the same way. I am sure you will be called a wimp by some of the commenters, for not going after her boyfriend. My take us this- Why do people go to the expense on Lit, of having the husband and wife get divorced, and then contemplate getting back together? It shows a profound lack of respect, for each other. I am not advocating a divorce in all instances. But if it ends up,that way, have the common decency to let the man( or woman) have the space, and peace, to get on with their lives!

3 stars, for average.. And boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

overcritical- you are right, women are more inclined to forgive one dalliance with cheating. That is because they are more interested in the resources the man provides. Look at how many rich, older guys, marry much younger women. A woman is usually not going to risk what she has for just sex. If she is even halfway decent, she probably gets hit on pretty often, so that means nothing to her. Let a richer man with more resources show an interest, and see how she jumps on it. A wise man once told me- “ Women are much more concerned with the bulge in the back pocket, than the one in the front. “ $$$

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Make sure you tell your daughter’s boyfriend that she doesn’t believe in fidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overcritical:

Many men won’t touch a woman in any way if she has given herself to another person. That leaves a marriage that is sexless, devoid of physical affection, and with one spouse disgusted by the putrid, vile, trash bag that they are living with. Why would either one want that?!?

ZK

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Whoa, I really really like your writing style! 5 stars Great Job, Great Story, Great Moral of the Story, Great Writing. I can appreciate watching the wife after the smoke smell. My #2 wife and #4 wife were both whores as well. I just got tired of playing detective. #2 wife was such a flirt. Always was lying. LOL I love a happy ending. Thanks

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

What happened to her Panties. Always Check the panties first. Any Sex will usually leave cum in her panties as the cum drains out! I never caught what happened with the Panties!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

was too long on monologue and not enough conversation between the two. Don't disagree with his decision but there could have been more back and forth.

ribnitinribnitinover 1 year ago

Dale's soliloque at the end is over the top. Otherwise a good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Three months?!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I haven't read the 2nd part yet, but... Why is it that the husband always tells the kids not to cut the mother out of their relationship? Yes, there are times when that's needed & good to say, but with the above story, I'm not sure. Then there's the daughter, blaming her father Dale & his ego/insecurities for the divorce than Lisa cheating. What's not asked if she approves of her mother's actions & if she'd accept that in her husband (thinking she's not married yet; story didn't mention.). Perhaps remember this when she starts becoming serious with someone, if she hasn't. That guy'll need to know.

---> What really gets me is that Dale agreed with his daughter. Seriously? The wife changes in various ways, cheats- at least emotionally, probably physically but she's hiding it - gives a BS reason (a younger & bigger Dale), & he blames himself? If he didn't react, he'd be a wimp 1st class. Perhaps seeing a counselor would help, but the author chose not to include this. He also didn't check her panties for any residuals in them when she was in the shower. Big mistake.

----> Nicely written story but felt there should've been a bit more give & take during the initial conversations. Also, her smoking again & the fingernails- reason(s) needed to be answered before they were, which's the day out "shopping" with her friend. Overall, 4 stars Bob

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

1 star, mostly for the bitch daughter and the wimpy "oh don't cut out your mother out of your life" with the son. How about " won't tell you anything about my son, until you tell your bitch whoing-supporting daughter it was your fault not mine we divorced, you POS".

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

Maybe someday I will get to the point where I call Lisa and ask her out on a date and see if can be the cuck I want to be

.

fixed it for you

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Stilted and two dimensional. Dale confronts Lisa then delivers a long, methodical, well rehearsed diatribe about why he will divorce her. It comes across as though he was at a podium delivering a lecture.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

This was a great story until the confrontation. Even from there it was a _very_ good story. I feel you were kind of trapped in the first person mode and it killed the energy of the confrontation. Hubby's monologue robbed the story of the any angst and remorse. It came off as described; merely a table discussion over some unpleasant event. I see that there is a follow-on story in the story list. Perhaps a hint of it in the monologue would have enticed me to award it a fifth star.

Over all, a well written tale.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

I can't understand , why his daughter, who is her daddies girl, would totally fall out with him, when he did nothing wrong. That isn't at all feasible, she might have argued, used her love to try and give her mother another chance, but never would she fall out with him like that, it spoilt a well written good story.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

A story without a successful ending, without compromise, and going nowhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She decided she wanted to be a whore after 20 years. She got hers, and he's mostly right, whenwill, and there will be, a next time. A skunk doesn't paint his/her stripes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I will never understand spineless men who want to be friends with their cheating ex wives - to hell with that - I never ever wanted that in any way. To hell with sons and daughter who think a cheating parent is OK. And this feminist bullshit the male fragile ego and pride and masculinity is is just that - BULLSHIT and a way for women to have no accountability for screwing around on their husbands!!! EFF THAT!!!

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars and only because he divorced the skanky, SLUT.

I also do not understand the son and daughters point of view - especially the daughter, as that made no sense whatsoever. I also do not believe there could ever be a somewhat friendly breakup between a long term couple, if one of them did something idiotic like this - just not possible - no way.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

Thru the confrontation and her admitting this was pretty good. All the "talk" and decision to divorce was a bunch of wasted words.

KiwihunterKiwihunter10 months ago

So this snivelling little wimp makes himself an incel because he likes to bully and hurt those he professed to love. What a terrible lexcuse for a man he is. He had created another little bully in his son to perpetuate this disgusting behaviour. I know all the anonymous incels plus a few who do have a moniker here will praise him but we all know that they are wimpy little boys who have no woman other than their mothers in their lives.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Go through all that and ask ex wife on a date? I guess ctdan has no balls!

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

Cheating is a life sentence for the one who has been cheated on! It never is forgotten and should never be forgiven! The actions of the man cheated on in this story were exactly right. As many say “One and Done”!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Typical toxic feminist trope about the poor man's ego and insecurities.When in reality pride in oneself and love in oneself is not bound to a certain gender. After all I can't remember the last time.I knew of a male friend that cheated on his wife because his a** looked fat in his jeans or because his hair was going Gray.So let's not throw around stupid gender driven generalities.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous