All Comments on 'By Demons Driven'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
RiverMayaRiverMayaover 2 years ago

I love this story! Five stars.

YdontuYdontuover 2 years ago

Great story, very well written. Loved that happy ending.

Realise you are in Australia and your Halloween has been imported via American TV - not sure if your readers would know Halloween has been celebrated in Scotland for centuries, Ireland to if memory serves. I was surprised that Australia didn't have the custom via the old British Empire links. But then maybe England didn't celebrate it and focused on bonfire night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another gem from Sister Jezabel. Always entertaining. Thank you.

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Beautiful story with excellent characters and the pacing was excellent. It kept you leaning forward, wanting the next step to be taken. You have a knack for that which makes reading your stories fascinating to read. Great job!

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago
Fantastic

I truly enjoyed reading this, and I loved how it ended. 5 skies full of stars!

TrionyxTrionyxover 2 years ago

Nicely done, SIster Jezabel.

I’ve often wondered how traditional Eurocentric northern hemisphere holidays, being so tied to the seasons, ‘feel’ below the equator. After all, Christmas was originally a pagan midwinters festival appropriated by the Christians and Easter was originally a springtime fertility festival also taken over by the church. Likewise Halloween (the evening before All Hallow’s Day) was probably inspired by the ancient fall festival of Samhain. In Australia they are summer, fall and spring events, respectively. As much as I enjoy reading such stories from Australia and other places south of the equator, I have trouble sometimes wrapping my mind around those holidays unassociated with their seasonal roots. I appreciate your stories and your descriptions of such holidays.

Good luck in the contest.

ActingupActingupover 2 years ago

I loved this. You always write with heart and characters that we’d really like to meet. You chose a really positive spin on Halloween and life’s journeys, and you made a high school teacher happy, which is hard enough. As an Australian I also liked the way you treated the ‘imported’ nature of Halloween and made that ring true.

Very minor note - you used ‘disinterested’ when I think you meant ‘uninterested’.

TGC140TGC140over 2 years ago

I could not get past the first few paragraphs. I felt like walking into the middle of a conversation.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 2 years ago

Always look forward to your stories!

sirhugssirhugsover 2 years ago

I kept waiting for the nurse costume to make its appearance, but that is a quibble. Excellent story well worth the length and the build up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoy not having to translate from the US standard climate and school system. I grew up with cracker night (actually Guy Fawkes) but that died out in the 1970's when sales of fireworks to the public were stopped, due to too many children getting hurt. My children grew up with Hallowe'en, and while I know it is old Scottish it still feels American. Thank you for the story; I thought it was great and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

Another beautiful story. Your writing brings these characters to life for me. Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars.

This story is likely going to win you the Halloween contest. I dislike long stories but you do a great job of them and what you are doing is clearly working for the vast numbers of readers. No spelling errors or other mistakes- for 5 whole Literotica pages worth of story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely romance as usual. I liked your different take on Halloween, not all spooks and ghosts, but as a time to face your fears. As an older Aussie I never took any notice of it until the children started on about it. I enjoyed the expression "a dud root" , must have been many years since I've heard that.

CammyGoesDownCammyGoesDownover 2 years ago

5 stars! What a fantastic read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have proven once again why you are one of my favorite authors on the site. You develop the characters fully and tie them to a plausible plot, unlike so many of the stories that link together episodes of rampant sex.

AnAncientAnAncientover 2 years ago

Q: Why is Christmas the same as Halloween?

A: Because 31 OCT = 25 DEC

If you don't get the joke, ask any competent programmer!

I liked the deliberate miss-identification and the consequences. Both my parents were teachers. That both the main characters had weaknesses brought on by bad experiences added a lot to the story.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Jez, thanks for another excellent story with likeable characters with realistic hopes and fears! You do such a great job of making your leads believable but incredibly sexy at the same time. In addition, I now know a bit about the Aussie school system and, after a bit of googling, what flat white and a dud root are! Great job and best wishes in the contest!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Well done SJ, another absolute winner, also a good way to look at Halloween from a non-USA pov, I’d also like to put a word of thanks in from us chaps that are blessed/cursed with sufficient hirsute-ness for it to be unfashionable currently, but can’t do too much about it, not often it’s put in a favourable light in stories I’ve read, Cheers from the UK Ppfzz.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Another great SJ story allowing 2 people with their flaws to find love. Well done.

I'm from north England and we never celebrated Halloween as a child and probably only crept in over the last 40 - 50 years, seemingly imported from the USA. Must be intrigued to celebrate it and Christmas in the wrong seasons?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are one of my absolute favorite authors on this site. I just wish you were able to turn out more of your terrific—and very real-feeling stories —JAS

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Magnificent, yeah, absolutely magnificent ….. fab story fab writing …… oh yes we humans can horde many emotions and sub domains of them , fear is avery popular one ….. so this tale was teaching us and entertainment …… thank you

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...