By My Side

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,867 Followers

Emma turned and walked down the lane towards her house. She was upset at herself for saying what she did but she was more upset at Gary for putting up with Marlene's abuse. He was better than that! He also didn't have to be so pigheaded about Todd!

She cast another look over her shoulder to see the tail lights of Gary's truck disappear in the distance before she went inside.

Chapter 2

Monaghan's was busy as the prom was only a day away and all hands were on duty preparing the corsages. Helen Monaghan, who ran the family business now, promised Gary that she'd prepared a special wrist corsage for his date. He was in her office reviewing the latest entries in her books.

Gary smiled at the woman who sat across the desk from him. "You've really got a handle on it now. I see no mistakes at all in this week's entries."

Helen was in her fifties, tall and slim with the healthy glow of someone who spent the majority of her time outdoors doing something she loved. The woman's gardens were second to none as she'd definitely inherited her mother's green thumb.

She'd also inherited her mother's aversion to accounting and when Gary had first approached her looking for work as a part-time bookkeeper she'd gratefully signed him on. It had taken three months to straighten out the mess her books had fallen into and eighteen months of reviewing and teaching her to get to this state. She still professed a dislike for the activity but she was in a place where he felt comfortable that she could handle it on her own.

"Gary, I owe it all to your infinite patience! You're such a good teacher as well as a wizard with numbers," she said with a grateful smile.

"Hey! You know what I always tell you!" he began.

"There's no magic involved in accounting!" they said in unison and grinned at each other.

"Seriously, you have this!" he said, handing the ledger back to her. She nodded to him and put the book aside.

"I can't believe I won't be seeing you across my desk once a week any more! It's so sad!" Helen said with a pout.

Gary smiled and shrugged. "Sometimes you have to move to a larger pot to be able to grow to your full potential."

She laughed with genuine joy and clapped for his clever response and he grinned happily in return.

"I'm truly going to miss this!" she said shaking her head as she smiled at him fondly. She opened the middle drawer and pulled an envelope out. "This is your last paycheck and a little extra to help you move to that larger pot."

"Thanks!" he said with a wide smile.

"Don't forget to take your corsage and carnation from the cooler when you leave. Your name is on the package and it's packed with ice so it will stay cool until you get it home tonight," she instructed as she stood and came around her desk.

Gary stood as well and accepted a hug from the woman. He'd really enjoyed working with her and she'd written him an excellent reference letter.

They walked out to the front and he collected his flowers on the way.

"Marlene's a lucky girl!" Helen said and Gary blushed as the staff putting the arrangements together were all looking at him. There were four girls working in the back and they all had knowing smiles on their faces likely meaning they'd heard about his ordeal in the lunchroom.

"Thanks, I'll let her know you said that," Gary said with a self-deprecating smile and the girls burst into giggles.

Helen just looked at them in question and they returned to their work with brief glances at Gary.

With a final wave to Helen he made his way out to his truck and drove a block to park in the back lot of the funeral home. He knocked on the back door and one of Mr. Fitzgerald's assistants opened the door for him.

"Good evening, Mr. Derry."

"Good evening, Mr. Truman."

"Is that Gary?" Wayland's anxious voice came from behind the assistant.

Gary looked around Mr. Derry and saw the short, plump Funeral director's flushed face. "What's wrong Mr. Fitzgerald?"

"Our audio system is on the fritz again and we have a viewing in ten minutes!" the man gasped.

Gary looked at him expectantly. He was there to review the books. He couldn't fix the audio system.

"Marlene told me you play the guitar very well and are studying classical pieces!" Wayland continued with increasing desperation.

Gary's eyes widened. "Yes, I do play but I've never-"

"Please Gary! I'll pay you for the two hours! Please! The Lopez family are a very important family in the community and they must have music at the viewing!" the man pleaded.

The name jarred Gary. "This is for Mateo?" he asked quietly.

"You knew him?"

Gary nodded. He'd never hung out with Mateo as he was a grade back but he'd gone through many years of school with him. His sudden death from a brain embolism had rocked the school community. There was going to be a tribute to him at the Prom as he'd never made it to his own.

"I'll... get my guitar," Gary said as he turned to head back outside to his truck.

He pulled his beat-up guitar case from the space behind the seat and went back inside where Mr. Fitzgerald was waiting anxiously.

Looking at the worn case the man's nervousness increased. "You do know classical pieces, right?" he asked.

"Yes, I'll keep it soft and serene," Gary said and Wayland smiled with a quick nod.

"I'm not dressed very well," Gary said looking down at his jeans.

"You'll be at the back of the room. I'll explain to the parents we thought it would be more personal to have a fellow student playing music." He turned to his assistant. "Please help Gary get set up in the Grand Suite." He rushed away as the family was arriving.

Mr. Derry led Gary to the room and set up the chair for him and showed him where to stow the case.

He quietly tuned his guitar and nodded to Mr. Derry who left to join Mr. Fitzgerald.

Gary took some deep breaths and closed his eyes. He decided to play Ave Maria as his first piece. The old guitar was comfortable and smooth to play but to his ear its sound was just a little muted. It was as good an instrument as he could afford. Still, as worn as it was he was able to pull some pure tones from it.

He opened his eyes as he reached the end of the piece and was surprised to see Mateo's parents standing before him with tears in their eyes and slight smiles on their lips. He stood and offered his condolences to them.

"Play something Mateo loved," the mother pleaded.

Gary smiled as he recalled a moment when he saw Mateo and his friends rocking out in the school parking lot to a familiar tune. He nodded. He sat back down and began to play a softer version of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. He saw the woman's expression soften as she recalled her son singing to this tune at home. She took a chair and her husband sat next to her as Gary played for them.

When the tune reached its conclusion, the woman stood and stepped to face Gary and took his hand. She held it to her cheek and smiled at him.

"Thank you!" she whispered.

He smiled in return and nodded to her.

Her husband also nodded then guided his wife up to the front of the room to say goodbye to their youngest.

Gary closed his eyes and played Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9. No. 2 with his heart aching for the mother's loss.

Mateo's older brothers and sisters, the cousins and the rest of the family arrived and each looked back to see where the music was coming from.

While the guests arrived and paid their respects he did his best to keep his music soft and serene, to not draw attention to himself or the music but to just be a calming influence. He kept to the classics except for when a group of Mateo's friends arrived. Then he played a sweet rendition of Kansas' Dust in the Wind as they'd played that tune in the school band. Mateo played trumpet he recalled. He got some smiles from the group before they left.

Gary took a couple of breaks to let his fingers rest and Mr. Fitzgerald was at his side each time praising his playing... and confirming he would continue.

Finally, the viewing ended and the last of the guests made their way out. Mateo's family left after speaking with the funeral home director. They smiled back at Gary as he packed away his guitar.

His fingers were raw from playing for longer than he'd ever done before. He'd have to soak them in ice water when he got home.

He felt someone watching him so he looked up and saw pale green eyes looking back at him from the other side of the room.

Marlene. She was looking at him like he was a piece of chocolate and she was starving. He felt that look start a tingle in a happy place.

Then he recalled those same eyes holding an amused look earlier in the day at his expense. That memory cooled his excitement somewhat. She noted this with surprise and walked over to see what was wrong.

"You play beautifully Gary. How long have you played the guitar?" she asked as she stood before him, her arms crossed under her heavy tits pushing them up and forward slightly.

He was distracted by the depth of the cleavage on display and took a moment to find his voice. "I've been playing since I was six."

She tilted her head slightly exposing her long neck. "You've had lessons."

He swallowed as he watched her lush lips moving and struggled to concentrate. "Uh, when I was seven. Since then nothing official. Nothing I paid for. Mostly self taught."

She looked impressed in spite of herself. Then she addressed his stiff body language. "Is something wrong Gary?"

He came back to himself for a moment as the words she spoke with such an innocent tone made him recall the embarrassment of the morning.

"It's gotten around the school how you humiliated me at lunch. It was an uncomfortable moment for me," he said.

"Gary, I was only teasing you. After all, you made me wait until almost the last minute to ask me while all of my friends had been invited earlier than me." She leaned closer to him so her tits were just barely touching his chest. "Don't you think I deserved to have a little fun making you wait as well. Fair's fair."

He was having trouble concentrating on what she was saying and found himself nodding.

"Gary! Are you going to look at the books tonight?" Wayland called out.

He blinked as Marlene pulled back slightly to remove the pressure of her tits on him. She smiled when he unconsciously moved forward.

"Uh, yes Mr. Fitzgerald. I'll be right there," he said quickly.

"Don't you have homework, dear?" the man asked his daughter.

"No Papa. It's all done," she said with a weary tone.

"Well don't distract the young man. He's already worked hard and still has to review our books before he can head home. Tomorrow's a school day so maybe you should be preparing for the day."

"Yes, Papa," she replied.

She gave Gary a sultry look then moved off to head upstairs to her bedroom, or Nirvana as Gary thought of it. Not that he'd ever been there.

Gary took a few deep breaths to clear the fog of lust and walked to the offices at the back of the building. Wayland had prepared his ledger and receipts and was waiting for him with a smile on his face.

"The Lopez family were very touched and impressed with your performance. Thank you very much for coming to our rescue! I have the technicians coming in tomorrow to repair the audio system," the man gushed.

"Glad I could help," Gary returned.

"This is your last visit?" Wayland asked wistfully.

"Yes, the last one. Your books are in good shape as you've been following my instructions well. You should still have someone come in periodically to review them but I think you'll be fine," Gary assured him.

He sat down behind the big desk and got to work. Wayland nodded and left the room. He knew Gary would make notes of anything he'd missed or done wrong and they'd review once he was finished.

Fifteen minutes later Gary heard a noise and looked up to see Marlene standing with her back against the closed door. He froze as she was wearing a gossamer thin dressing gown over an even sexier négligée. He swallowed. "What- what are you doing here dressed like... that?"

She looked down at herself as she ran her hands over the silky fabric. "You don't like it?" she pouted.

"No- I mean Yes! It's beautiful- you're beautiful! It's just... here? Now? Your father is due to come back any minute!" he gasped.

She prowled over to the desk and came around to Gary's side. She put her hand on his chest and pushed him back, the chair rolling away from the desk until she was able to step between his legs.

"I had no idea just how good a musician you were Gary. Why are you keeping this a secret?" she purred and he swallowed.

"I'm not. It's just a hobby... I do for fun," he mumbled.

As she knelt between his legs Gary's eyes widened as he could see an expanse of soft cleavage. "What... what are you doing?"

"You're good enough to be a professional musician. Start a band. Go on the road. Become a big star." As she talked she ran her hands up and down his thighs and his cock was getting so hard he had to shift to make room for it in his pants. She smiled mischievously and licked her lips making him stiffen further. "I want you to think about how amazing it would be to be a famous musician."

Then he heard approaching footsteps. Gary's eyes flew wide and he gave Marlene a panicked look. She grinned and quickly squeezed herself back under the desk pulling his legs to roll him back up to the desk.

The door opened and Wayland's smiling face looked in at him. The smile faded as he took in Gary's expression. "Is there a problem, Gary? Did I make another mistake?"

"No! No, I was... just thinking about the Lopez family," Gary stuttered.

Wayland leaned against the door jamb and looked sad. "I know. So tragic! Did you know Mateo well?"

Marlene was misbehaving in her confinement under the desk. Her hands were playing with the zipper on his pants and Gary couldn't move his hands from the ledger without it looking suspicious.

With his legs forced open wide and Marlene filling the space between them Gary was helpless to stop her naughty exploration. He felt the zipper drop and clever fingers slip inside.

"Gary?"

His attention went back to the Funeral Director. "Sorry, no I didn't know him that well. We'd nod to each other in the hall occasionally. He was a grade behind me. Nice guy though. Always SMI- smiling." Gary bit his lip as fingers tugged his cock free of his pants.

Wayland gave Gary a sympathetic look thinking the young man was overcome with emotion. "Well, I don't want to keep you much later. You've had a long night." He moved in to take the ledger back and stopped when Gary raised his hand to stop him.

"No, I'm fine. I want to finish this. If you could give me another ten... fifteen minutes I'll be duh-done." Gary struggled to remain calm as soft fingers stroked his shaft so incredibly well.

"I understand if this is too difficult at this time," Wayland insisted.

"No, please. Let me do this. Fifteen minutes," Gary pleaded.

Wayland smiled at the young man and nodded. "Door closed?"

"YES- Yes please." Gary said as he gritted his teeth together.

When the door closed and footsteps could be heard heading away, Marlene pushed Gary back from the desk but she never released her grip on his cock. She smiled up at him impishly as she bit her lip. Her right hand moved skillfully up, down and around his shaft as she gently dragged the nails of her left hand over his balls.

"Geezus, Marlene! You're gonna make me cum!" he gasped and squirmed. He felt his release racing up on him and in the very back of his mind a tiny voice asked him how she'd gotten so incredibly good at this. He ignored that voice as the pleasure he was feeling overrode everything else.

"Cum for me Gary! Let it shoot out! Cum!" Marlene panted excitedly as she watched his expression of bliss.

It was too much for him and he desperately looked for a tissue or a napkin but it was too late. A thick rope of cum shot upwards and Marlene squealed excitedly. Gary looked to the door but he heard nothing.

Then he was on his way to heaven as Marlene took his cock deep into her mouth. She sucked and slurped and swallowed and Gary felt his brain melting out of his ears. The surges of bliss went on and on as she clung to his legs, her face pressed to his groin.

Finally, she'd drained him and he slumped in the chair. She crawled up his body to press her soft, hot lips to his and thrust her tongue deep into his mouth. He kissed her in return and suddenly realized he was tasting his cum on her tongue and jolted. She had a tight grip on the back of his neck and kept their mouths locked together as her tongue tangled with his. He had to give in and let her finish her kiss. Her eyes were sparkling with mischief when she pulled back to smile at him.

"That was really good Gary!" she purred.

She looked over her shoulder at the wall clock and climbed to her feet. "I'll see you at school tomorrow. You should put that away now," she said with a smile as she pointed to his softening cock.

He tucked himself back into his underwear and zipped up as she slipped back to the door. He couldn't take his eyes from her. She listened at the door then looked back and soaked in his worshipping gaze. Then she was out the door and he was left with his mind spinning.

He gave his head a shake and forced his mind back on track. He went through the last few entries on the ledger and it was good. There had only been one small potential mistake to bring to Wayland's attention.

He heard footsteps approach and the man peered around the door.

"Everything ok?" Wayland asked gently.

"Yes, Mr. Fitzgerald. I'm done here. Only one small thing to review with you. Was this transaction supposed to be a credit?"

"Oh! Yes, yes it was," Wayland nodded.

"Then it's good. No mistakes," Gary said with a smile.

Wayland smiled and put the ledger away. Gary got up and walked around to the front of the desk while the Funeral Director pulled an envelope out of one of the drawers and handed it to Gary.

"Your final paycheck, payment for tonight's music, and a little bit extra for your excellent service. Again, thank you so much for playing your guitar for the Lopez family," Wayland said.

Gary accepted the envelope and shook the man's hand. The man's smile wobbled a bit.

"You might want to brush your teeth when you get home. Your breath is a little stale."

Gary blushed. "Sorry." He picked up his guitar case and made his way out the back door to his waiting truck. He looked back and up to see Marlene standing by her window watching him. He waved but she turned away and the light went out. Once more he felt off balance with their relationship.

Considering how she'd treated him in the cafeteria he'd been ready to call it off but she'd... distracted him somehow and he'd lost his way.

She'd taken him to paradise tonight then forced him to experience something he wasn't prepared for. She told him she'd see him tomorrow with a voice full of promise but now she... snubs him?

And why was she pushing him to be a musician?

He really was worried that 'little head' was calling all the shots when it came to his relationship with Marlene. It's voice was especially loud tonight.

Chapter 3

The drive to school the following morning was especially quiet. Gary was all mixed up in his head about Marlene and desperately wanted to ask for advice but knew he couldn't talk to Emma about her.

Emma was still upset about Gary's attitude towards Todd as he hadn't apologized this morning and seemed to be still stewing about it. The moment the truck stopped in the parking lot she was out the door and across the lot.

Gary watched her run and frowned to himself. He didn't like not being friendly with Emma. He'd try to work this out with her tonight on the way home.

He locked up the truck and made his way inside. He smiled and nodded to some of his friends and noticed there were a lot of friendly smiles being directed his way as he walked down the hallway this morning. He stopped at his locker to drop off his books. As he closed the door he was surprised to see Principal Wayans standing there with a wide smile on his face.

BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,867 Followers