All Comments on 'Cabin Down the Road'

by Mike Franklin

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Sheesh, will a few people cane you for this!

Didn't particularly worry me. I can see someone not wanting to go on after what she did with his supposed friends.

She sure will remember the sight of him and have to think deeply about her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
interesting

the slut was simply being herself and you killed yourself over it?

lol

that is a twistedly funnny story!

the idiot gave her a lot of laughing material to work with, in her future gigs with the many guys she'd fuck in the future: "y'know, I gotta tell you a story. you sure you want to marry me?, I mean, a year ago I had this guy, hard working guy,,, i was just, y'know, fucking around with a few of his best buddies, as well as my former boyfriend, and when he came back, he took me to an isolated cabine, tied me up and I thought we were going to have some kinky sex, but he blew up his brains in front of me instead!" LOL LOL

fregenfregenalmost 18 years ago
Actually

Living well is the best revenge.

And his friends actually would have done him a huge favor (if he had decided to live.) Knowing about it before he married her rather than after would have saved him a lot of future pain.

But his reaction seems a trifle excessive given that he knew about her past. Oh, well.

Kathleenm22Kathleenm22almost 18 years ago
No way out

if you read the story carefully he not only killed himself, he killed her too. They are in a remote cabin and no one will come there for weeks, in a few days she dies without water, she is well taped to the chair and cannot move. That said, it was a bit over the top and her actions with the "friends" would not have taken place if they were "friends"

sherlock40sherlock40almost 18 years ago
There seems to be only two responses to

cheating spouses on this site. Either pining away, never being with another person ever or killing yourself. I know, I know, there are some stories where the cheated on spouse goes on and finds another but those stories are few and far between. I liked the story but I agree with the other commenter. The best revenge is a life lived well and without her.

I did feel that you dwelt on the cheating too much and not enough on the emotions of both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
inmaturity in writing as in life make you do thing

killing yourself is a weak man way out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
11 o'clock news

its not that shocking. readers in this site may not like stories where characters take their own life or somebody else's. i may not agree w/ but it happens. just like i dont agree w/ incest and rape and cheating, but it happens. deal w/ it, after all, its just a fantasy.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 18 years ago
Let Me Try Again

The other commentator was correct: She was meant to die slowly, watching HIM rot in front of her!

Anyway, just so happened, three hunters --- y'know them, they like those isolate hills and isolated cabins during their hunting trips! --- stumbled upon the grisly scene, when the poor suffering woman was all dehydrated and delirious. She was laughing and talking to herself, to him, to whoever.

"You wimpish SOB, wait until I get my hands on your balls in the after life, where I aim to come after you, you self-hating, small-dicked, wimpy, pea-brained excuse of a socalled man! Hahahahaha! You think I care? That I hurt, just because you blew your brains out in front of me? You think I'm gonna die here, tied up like this, too? Actually, you do not want me to follow you, you little wimp of a man. If I die, you won't have no balls in the next life, either, like you do not, in this! Hajahahaha!"

The three guys thought, at first, that there were two people in there talking, but after more knocks and no one came up to the door but there's loud, and sometimes seemingly incoherent monologues, they busted the door open and went inside.

What made them broke the door was the aweful smell, too! One of them also said the woman must have killed her husband or something, so they had better go in there, but with their guns ready.

All that came to pass.

A year later, she was telling the story to another man who wanted to marry her. "Just so you know, John, I do NOT intend to stay monogomous! I will have sex and a lot of with, with a lot of men, especially the ones who have very, very big dicks and who are also very, y'know, creative, in their sexual activities. If you can stand that, and knowing my history with men, you still want to propose, go ahead.

"I told that wimp guy, who tried to kill me, last year, I think his name was Nate, but he didn't want to listen! I want to make sure you understand what I am saying, okay? I just love sex with big men, with big cocks, but I also want a wimpy husband to take care of the money, the house, etc., okay?

"Oh, honey, you are just the best! I intend to love you, no matter what you do, who you fuck. Just make sure you bring me a freshly fucked pussu and tell me all those erotic details. Gosh, it makes me so hot thinking about such things! You can wip me or do what you want with me, just not enough to put me in the hospital! I will clean for you, cook for you, wipe your beautiful and dirty butts. I'll do any thing, including being your door mate. God created you for some reason, I know it! Will you marry me, dear beloved Jolene?"

"Yes, I will, John. Now, I need a few hundred dollars for some condoms and stuff, as my friends are driving by shortly and I need to be ready for them. Don't wait for me, as I'm sure they won't get done with me until early in the morning."

He wips out his wallet and gave her 3 crips, hundred dollar bills, and smiles like a 7 year-old kid who got his first bike!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Dumb story...maybe if it was his wife

and she would have to explain it to their kids...and everytime the kids "uncles" came over, she would be reminded of what she did....and what she lost...

Otherwise, dumb story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
!!!READ!!! From the author !!!READ!!!

Wow, so much interesting comments related to my story. And while I welcome your opinion and am glad that you are interested enough to post after reading I have just one thing to remind you of…

It’s fiction. Pure and simple.

That’s the beauty of it. People can do whatever it is that you want them to do and it matters not. Nate’s sin was believing that a slut could change. Jolene’s sin was that she didn’t. Do I agree with how they dealt with that? Perhaps not, but that’s not really the point. The point is to tell a story, and to be honest when I sit down and write them I have no clue where they are going to end up.

I can tell you that this was spurred on by a guy I know who told me a story about his wife cheating on him. When he found out he lost his mind, grabbed his gun and went looking for the guy. Luckily he never found him that night because he assured me he was going to shoot him and hell with the consequences.

Which got my mind working… what if, instead of him shooting the lover… and the story went from there. Also, in regards to the ‘they aren’t real friends if they fucked her’ well, then that is just another reason for Nate to have shot himself. Not only did his girl betray him but his best friends did as well… that’s a pretty shitty place to be I would guess.

In closing, thank you for reading and thank you for your passion to discuss. But please remember this is fiction, it’s a story, I don’t really have a point. I can think of countless movies that I have gotten little or no satisfaction from the ending but that doesn’t make them any less of a movie. Not all stories end the way you want them too.

Happy reading,

MF

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
writer a person who think less of themselves

take the coward way out.a man of any good thinking would move on.this guy had smarts and would make a lot of money. living good would get even with the friends and the whore.i don't understand the logic,he go to fla.without her for a month for his business for inproving himself and get mad with her and kill self.you as a writer just write anything down and we go for it,no way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
well ?

First of all.. I'm tired of hearing ignoramus telling me that suicide is a cowards way out.. F*ng lie that is, most of us will humiliate ourself to no end just to stay living.. Look at concentration camps if you don't get what I mean..If there is anything really scaring humans then it gotta be their own death.. If you believe otherwise you're just another scared assh*e in my eyes.. But it was a terrible way of revenge, and it would most probably create deep emotional scars in her if she succeeded in keeping her sanity.. So I wish he just had told her to go to hell and left.. But well written...Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
she was disposable

she was not worth his life being forfeited by his own hand.

auhunter04auhunter04about 8 years ago

she aint worth dying for

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One Way Or Another

he was going to have to be rid of her and he succeeded. Assuming she survives she'll think again and again before she cheats on someone else. She and his "friends" will have to always live with what they did, should be obvious to the most stupid that it wasn't worth it. Signed: BTW

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous